Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #781
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Oh, wouldn't you know it! I have been feeling left out, so decided to do the Potato Hack for myself.

I won't do specific Up and Down Days, as I understand the protocol isn't about calorie numbers. But I will track my calories, just to satisfy my curiosity. So this morning I weighed out two big russets and a big sweet potato, raw. 963 calories. So certainly a low calorie *diet* today at those numbers. Well, plus about 5 calories worth of malt vinegar and another 8 cals or so of black coffee.

I just scrubbed the potatoes and wrapped them in foil and baked them until they were done through, then chilled them completely. And I'm eating them cold. I've eaten one half of what I've prepared for the day, it's after 5:00, and I don't know whether I'll be able to finish all of the rest this evening or not. (But I'm going to try.. wink, wink, wink) I eat the sweet potato plain, the russets with salt and vinegar. Totally delicious, but I'm always a big fan of potatoes, so this is nothing different, other than not eating anything else besides the potatoes. We always enjoy a lot of potatoes around here.

Fun to read the reports of everyone who is doing this, and the various ways they are using spuds. It will be fun if I have something to report as well.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #782
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Pat, you're not the only one who felt left out

I'm also not worrying about calories...then again, we forgot to grab a scale at the store last night. Totally off the hook lol.

Started off with a leftover baked potato with malt vinegar and salt (lunch), then noshed all afternoon on a FF chicken broth and Yukon gold soup. I simmered the broth with fresh thyme, fresh rosemary (both removed after 20 min), and onion and garlic powder before adding the spuds. Very yum.

If I get hungry later, I'll probably make some more.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #783
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Hi everyone! So I am back from my weekend of indulgence (wine, food, etc.) with some conclusions about my 4 days of potatoes. I did 4 full days, with russets (baked) and reds (boiled), with no condiments other than malt vinegar, salt, and pepper.

I tracked a number of different variables in my days including blood sugars at various points during the day. Unfortunately, I wasn't always able to get every reading (starting testing consistently the eveving of day 2) so I'm not really sure how accurate or conclusive any of this is.

1. Fasting blood sugar: I consistently saw fasting bg readings between 80 and 90, with a low of 81 and a high of 87. My fasting bg usually runs in the mid-80's on a normal low-carb diet. The high was actually AFTER medication so I'm not sure that one can/should be counted. I also don't feel that a difference of 2-3 points in bg numbers (81, 84, 85, 87) is significant. Conclusion: an all-potato diet has no material impact on my fasting bg.

2. Pre-lunch blood sugar: Generally speaking, I do not eat breakfast and just have coffee or tea until around noon. Pre-lunch numbers were a low of 70 and a high of 85. No obvious correlation between eating time, actual amount of coffee or tea ingested, or coffee vs. tea. Conclusion: inconclusive.

3. 1 hour post-prandial blood sugar: Here's where it gets interesting. I started bg monitoring of mid-day blood sugar at this point on Wednesday (day 3 of the hack). Blood sugars were 122, 115, 91 and 91. The last two days were low carb and NOT potato hack days but seeing the number drop from 122 to 115 in days 3 and 4 was encouraging. I saw a similar pattern in the 1 hour PP evening blood sugar readings. Generally, I was eating slightly more potatoes at night so the higher numbers do not surprise me: day 2, 143, day 3, 132, day 4, 125, day 5 (low carb), 107. Conclusion: quicker blood sugar recovery the more days on the hack, with continuing improvement after return to low-carb.

4. Weight loss: I started the week with my usual 3 pound Saturday/Sunday bloat. Sunday morning I was at 145.5 and saw 148.5 Monday morning. Weight looked like this subsequently:
Day 1 - 148.5 (PD)
Day 2 - 147.2 (PD)
Day 3 - 146.9 (PD)
Day 4 - 145.5 (PD)
Day 5 - 145.6 (LC)
Day 6 - 144.4 (LC)
Conclusion: For me this wasn't a magic weight loss pill BUT I haven't been able to crack the 145 barrier in a while so that was at least nice to see.

5. Retention of weight loss: Saturday, I ate a single low-carb meal (steak and brussels sprouts) but had a lot of wine that evening. Yesterday morning I was working so I didn't weigh. Yesterday during the day, there was a little bit of a hangover, little to no activity (couch potato), lots of eating--turkey chili with cheese and sour cream, fruit, fudgey peanut coconut bars, almond butter and dried peaches, and chicken thighs. This morning I saw...you guessed it...a 3 pound gain to 147.4. Now quite a bit of this is likely bulk from what I ate yesterday so stayed tuned for how quickly it drops off this week. Conclusion: No apparent "immunity" to weight gain from an UUAD, as y'all call them around here. Boo!

**Side note: I don't eat chili much and I DO love legumes, but I think I have to come down on the anti-bean side after yesterday. Ugh! Way too much GI distress for it to even be worth it.

6. Alcohol consumption: As mentioned I DID drink for the first time in about two weeks Saturday night. I had red wine only and consumed probably about 6 glasses over the course of 7 hours which is significantly MORE than I drank the last time I had wine. I DID seem to have a much better tolerance; the wine didn't significantly impact my speech or my coordination; I had a little bit of a headache yesterday but nothing dramatic (probably crummy quality wine!). Conclusion: potato hack improved alcohol processing in the body HOWEVER conclusion #2: also obviously still having "munchie" issues that are bg related after drinking. Boo! Next time I will try a PD to stop the munchies. Curious if that would work.

7. Ketosis: I experienced symptoms of ketosis days 3 and 4 but not days 1 or 2. It continued into the two days following. Conclusion: Ketosis IS possible on a diet of pure carbs. Not really certain how to explain that but it was definitely true.

8. Cravings: Dramatic reduction in cravings for, well, anything really. Potatoes were fine, right up until the 4th day when I think I began to get some boredom cravings. I could completely see myself going off the rails if I went too much longer. The lack of cravings continued well into days 5 and 6 though and I didn't actually go crazy my first day off the hack which is great given my predilection for the feast/famine mentality! Conclusion: I think, FOR ME, 4 days would be the limit.

9. Mood: Definite positive impact to stress levels and mood. I was calmer and more even keeled in the last week, particularly given my level of work and personal stress. Conclusion: potatoes have some sort of calming effect for my personal blood chemistry.

10. Hunger: Positive impact to hunger levels. Most days, calories were between 600 and 800 with very little appreciable hunger. At times, I even ate when I wasn't truly hungry, simply because if I hadn't my body would have been running around the neighborhood of 300 calories/day. I know that is not unusual for JUDDD but it's something that I like to keep an eye on, especially multiple days in a row as I wasn't doing calorie rotations, just eating potatoes. Conclusion: potatoes are very satisfying on minimal calorie levels and DDs on just potatoes may be immanently doable. It could allow me to try JUDDD again. It's the hunger on the DDs and the inevitable UUADs that followed that caught me up initially.

9. Sleep and impact to exercise performance: While my sleep was better than normal a couple of the nights, there wasn't a consistent pattern. I saw no impact to my exercise performance. And yeah, there is the shoe thing. Somehow, I lost a half-size in my shoes last week. Seriously.

So that's my summary. I liked the potato hack. I think it's an excellent tool in the toolbox. I'm not sure it does a lot for me for weight loss but that could really be because I am very very close to my ideal weight and my body just likes the upper 140's (I'm 5'9"). I will probably continue to play around with variations, including morning protein meal/evening potato meal, regular JUDDD rotations with only potatoes, and possibly a return to JUDDD proper, using potatoes on DDs to increase satiety. All in all, a very very interesting experiment!
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 7 - 02/16/14, 33 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~175->???
Old 12-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #784
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
I was debating wether to post today or not because I felt embarrassed... I am suppose to be posting success with wt loss and so far I am not doing so well. However I do have a new mentality. I am no longer going to do guilt trips on myself. What happens happens just jump on the wagon again. Yesterday, I was doing great on my DD and planned a low cal dd dinner.Had a potato and my cravings were not that bad and I also introduced a few other foods like banana. I was hungry though so I guess the key is potatoes only...

My husband was running late and I know he really enjoys eating dinner with me. so to be nice I postponed my dinner. The problem I was fearing is I might get too hungry .. Well he calls me and tells me he is getting spanish food take out. I know he wanted to share the take out with me so I rejected my dinner to eat what he was buying. I specifically asked just a small piece of pork and salad. that way I would be able to enjoy the meal with him and get my dd. Well he came home and had purchased several dishes that I love! I know he ment well but it was a complete unintentional sabotage. I could not resist the beans and the other goodies so ate it all!!!

So I learned something new to add to my diet tool book. I need to come first! I should have stuck to my guns and just ate what I was planning. Temptations for me are my weakness and right now is not a good time for me to be tempted. I know its selfish to just do my own thing. I tried to compromise and make everyone happy by joining the meal and as a result I got screwed. I know I could have said "no' to the extra food but 2 things kept me from doing that. He bought the food just for me and if I didn't eat it it would be wasted unless I ate in on my UD etc... It was a high calorie food even for an uD... And the spanish food he bought was from 1.5 hrs away and its one of the best! That was my rationalization.

What I should have done is just eaten the pork and salad and stopped, then thanked him for thinking of me but I will pass on the pasta and the beans etc...that would have hurt his feelings but I dont know what alternative there is...I didn't ask for the extra food and he should have respected that... I need to make it very clear with him that no matter how much he wants to buy me something he shouldn't. I know he wants me to lose weight but he also enjoys "feasting" with me and seeing how happy I get. I think its his own guilty pleasure because he's overweight too so if I eat badly its ok for him to eat badly. Yet after our usual feasts he reminds me I need to lose wt!! on a side note, my mother does the same thing. Makes me over eat at her house and then when I am stuffed reminds me that I need to lose weight! what's up with that!

I learned 2 things yesterday. Pat reminded me that it's ok to be hungry and I need to make myself a priority.

Today I am going to attempt a potatoe only day to lose some of the bloat wt faster. lets see if it works!!

Sorry I got off topic today! I am finding this mini diary very therapeutic!! Hopes it's helpful to others.

Stats:
12/2 173.5 DD potato only day , about 700 cals no fat, waist 35
12/3 170.5 UD lost 3lbs! regular up day foods about 2000 cals (bloat wt loss)
12/4 170.0 DD lost .5 lbs!!! had several bm's yesterday? no headache pDD 700 cals potatoes only, +++
12/5 168.5 UD lost 1.5lb last of the bloat weight 1800 cals
12/6 169.0 DD gain .5lb after up day, ate 700 cals potatoes only
12/7 168.0 UD lost 1 lb, cals 2000, +
12/8 168.5 UD gain .5, waist 33 dinner at wendy's
12/9 170.0 UD gain 1.5, water wt,
12/10 170.5 DD into UD gain ,ate unexpected spanish food for dinner
12/11 171.5 PDD gain 1 lb

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #785
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Pat & Rayne

Shelby wow great write up! Also something I see...not only did you break the 145 barrier, but you only bounced up to 147. That's down one pound from the previous high.

Cuttie - Never regret sharing a lovely meal with your hubby. Life is short. Treasure these times.

I'm back down to 238.4 this morning and have about 2#s of bandages on my left arm for the lymphedema therapy. You can see pics on my JUDDD Menus blog.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #786
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Pat & Rayne

Shelby wow great write up! Also something I see...not only did you break the 145 barrier, but you only bounced up to 147. That's down one pound from the previous high.

Cuttie - Never regret sharing a lovely meal with your hubby. Life is short. Treasure these times.

I'm back down to 238.4 this morning and have about 2#s of bandages on my left arm for the lymphedema therapy. You can see pics on my JUDDD Menus blog.
Thanks Pooti, Coming from you it means alot! You are right life is short... To eat or not to eat that is the question????.... I guess I need to make a better effort somehow... I saw your picture of your arm... soo sorry you are going through this difficult time!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #787
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Cuttie - I don't think I could have refused that wonderful food either! Don't worry about that one meal. Like you said, just jump right back in. It sounds like you need to have a talk with your husband and make sure he understands that you need to plan for your feasts. I know that takes some of the spontanaety out of it, but if you're serious about losing this weight, for the time being, it just can't be all that spontaneous.

That's what I've told myself. I have urged my family and friends to eat normally when I'm around, and not to feel bad for snacking or having a dessert when I'm not, but also please not to offer me any or urge me to have just a little. So far they are all cooperating with that. I think they still feel guilty when they are sitting there with a bowl of popcorn, or ice cream or whatever, but for me, right now, losing weight is more important to me than eating those things.

I hope your DH and mom will be able to see how important this is for you. Why they feed you and then remind you you need to lose weight, I don't know. Seems kind of mean. I'm sure they don't mean it to be, but that would frustrate me to no end. Do you remind your DH that he needs to lose weight? It's not like we overweight don't know we're heavy and need to lose. Why do people want to point it out to us? Makes me crazy.

Anyway, you're doing great! Just keep doing it. And good for you for sharing that frustration with us. We can all keep each other strong (mostly!).

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #788
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Dear Cuttie99
TWO thoughts come to mind- I can see it.
If that happened regularly?
I would be very disappointed in those people.
People who love us are suppose to help us.
So if I was having a good knee day.
A.... I'd tackle them, and smack um.
And say there!
Plan B.
Stick to ur guns.. it ain't easy.
Which I can do caz I'm stubborn .
I would try so hard to say.
In my nice voice.
No thank you,
Put part of the Sabotage food in the freezer for later day? u can eat it when U plan to eat it.. Not to be pushed into their game.
And eat your planned happy food, in front of them.
THEY should be sitting there feeling BADDD. Bad to the bone.

They don't want u to look better than them.
I WANT you to feel good.
Hoping talking to someone, instead of tackling them, works.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #789

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
Thanks Pooti, Coming from you it means alot! You are right life is short... To eat or not to eat that is the question????.... I guess I need to make a better effort somehow... I saw your picture of your arm... soo sorry you are going through this difficult time!
Wow Pooti, I just saw your pictures too. Makes my finger issue look like nothing! Thank you for the perspective. So sorry you're going through this.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #790
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
Pootie--I have a patient with post-BC lymphedema and who has gone through a progressive series of wraps and sleeves. The good news is that 14 months after she started this therapy, she is down to a very moderate sleeve and silicone glove and no longer has to wrap so intensely. My heart goes out to you--
Old 12-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #791
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Pootie - You will be in my prayers!

Leona
Old 12-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #792
the condiment queen

Thanks ladies! I appreciate you so much!!!

Ouz sorry for the t/j and thanks for the encouragement. The therapists are very positive about my future success with it!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Subbing and reading through later. Thinking of trying, or at least attempting regular JUDDD again.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #794
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/169; 5'6", 52 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
I was afraid of doing this diet since I'm insulin resistant. Well, I put on 2 pounds on my first day. I had around 700 calories in potatoes only. That's enough for me.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #795

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
I was afraid of doing this diet since I'm insulin resistant. Well, I put on 2 pounds on my first day. I had around 700 calories in potatoes only. That's enough for me.
I would expect that water weight gain for you.. You eat quite low carb, don't you? Still, I don't think you can tell anything after a single day.

But while it's an interesting study, and many here are having a fun time with it, that doesn't mean it's meant for everyone, or that it is even 'good' for everyone, although I believe the water weight gain and some carb sensitivity and insulin resistance is supposed to dissipate after a bit of doing this... I think.

But plain old JUDDD is so great that it will be my plan forevermore. I'm doing my second day of potatoes only, and will probably do a third, as I love my taters and this is so-o-o-o-o not hard for me to stick to for awhile. But I'll most certainly be going back to JUDDD very shortly.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #796
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Pooti - Ty for the welcome, and I wish you success with the lymphedema therapy.

My weight stayed the same as yesterday (and the day before), but this is also apparently a Super TOM, as last month's was a fizzle. Ah, the joys of perimenopause... At any rate, I'm not ballooning as I typically do.

Last night's dinner spuds were excellent -- simmered in broth flavored with Emeril's essence spice blend that I mixed up. Cleared my sinuses!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I would expect that water weight gain for you.. You eat quite low carb, don't you? Still, I don't think you can tell anything after a single day.
Yes, I do low carb. I have a naturally low metabolism. If anyone's going to not have this work, it's me. I may try it again.

Has anyone else gained weight after their first day of this diet? It seems like most people had lost at least a pound their first day.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #798
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Jeneric, I suspect I gained weight the first day - didn't weigh until day 3 but I was puffy for the first day or two. Then I started deflating and felt great.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Jeneric, I suspect I gained weight the first day - didn't weigh until day 3 but I was puffy for the first day or two. Then I started deflating and felt great.
Oh, thank you. That's encouraging. I'll have to brave it again next week. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #800

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nice PDD today. One coffee and 8 baby new pots.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #801
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carlye
Stats: 120kg/108kg/TBA
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2013
So I've now done three days of the potato hack, and am loving it.
I don't know where my hunger has gone, probably the same place my cravings went, cos I haven't seen them around either.
Then there is the weight loss! I've lost .5kg/1.1lbs every day, but I do have a lot to lose.
At the moment I can see NO reason I will need to stop the PH before the 10th day.

Then I will have two LCHF days and get onto JUDDD proper.
I want to make sure my rotation falls onto an up day for Christmas, and get to eat some of my Mum's pavlova

Good luck to everybody else doing the PH today.

ETA: I'm only eating 2 meals a day, and stop eating when I've had enough, so that's a huge improvement for me. Even the usual post-dinner hunt in the fridge has stopped!

Carlye

Last edited by Carlye; 12-11-2012 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Forgot to say....
Old 12-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #802

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
Yes, I do low carb. I have a naturally low metabolism. If anyone's going to not have this work, it's me. I may try it again.

Has anyone else gained weight after their first day of this diet? It seems like most people had lost at least a pound their first day.
Yes, my fingers and feet ballooned up tremendously, so I am sure I was heavier too. I was avoiding the scale so I didn't have that shock. I'm really glad I stuck it out. Just 2 or 3 days later and my jaw was dropping at how much I lost. You may be having a dietary switch after which you body is adapting.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I have read LOTS, but not all of this thread. Lots on potatoes!!!
Question... I like A-1 on potatoes... Would that be "legal"??
Old 12-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #804
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
I have read LOTS, but not all of this thread. Lots on potatoes!!!
Question... I like A-1 on potatoes... Would that be "legal"??
as long as its sugar free and has no protein your fine
Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #805
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for all your support. Well I lost 2 lbs from a potato only DD. Let's see how fast I can screw this up again!!! lol Although potatoes are great to release my water wt and it decreases my cravings and hunger, I feel odd eating just potatoes. I feel empty and like I am in ketosis and sometimes weak and sometimes cranky... usally I feel cranky weak hungry etc anyways on dd's. I much rather eat less of normal foods on DD's... I will continue to incorportate them.

Does anyone know if all the diuresing we do can potentially be bad for our kidneys? I feel that after coming off of HCG it completely screwed up my water balance. If I eat too much salt or carbs I bloat. I never weighed myself in the past if I had bloat wt daily so I am not sure this happened to be prior to HCG. I need to ask some "normal" folks to weigh themselves after high carb and Na foods to see how much they gain. I just worry that one day all this "water flushing" we do especially after feasts will be harmful. I think its also a side effect from those folks that did low carb....

Stats:
12/2 173.5 DD potato only day , about 700 cals no fat, waist 35
12/3 170.5 UD lost 3lbs! regular up day foods about 2000 cals (bloat wt loss)
12/4 170.0 DD lost .5 lbs!!! had several bm's yesterday? no headache pDD 700 cals potatoes only, +++
12/5 168.5 UD lost 1.5lb last of the bloat weight 1800 cals
12/6 169.0 DD gain .5lb after up day, ate 700 cals potatoes only
12/7 168.0 UD lost 1 lb, cals 2000, +
12/8 168.5 UD gain .5, waist 33 dinner at wendy's
12/9 170.0 UD gain 1.5, water wt,
12/10 170.5 DD into UD gain ,ate unexpected spanish food for dinner, under 3000 cal?
12/11 171.5 PDD gain 1 lb, 700 cals
12/12 169.5 lost 2 lbs of bloat
Old 12-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #806
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post

Does anyone know if all the diuresing we do can potentially be bad for our kidneys? I feel that after coming off of HCG it completely screwed up my water balance. If I eat too much salt or carbs I bloat. I never weighed myself in the past if I had bloat wt daily so I am not sure this happened to be prior to HCG. I need to ask some "normal" folks to weigh themselves after high carb and Na foods to see how much they gain. I just worry that one day all this "water flushing" we do especially after feasts will be harmful. I think its also a side effect from those folks that did low carb....
I do not know the answer to your question. BUT I suffered with water retention for many years and many doctors later still did not have an answer.I thought it was from too high carbs and/or salty food. On JUDDD that problem went away. It came back when I tried the nutritional ketosis diet along with JUDDD. Who would have ever guessed that MY water retention was due to high fat rather than salt/sodium etc? I actually drink salt in my water now and drink really high sodium broth on DD's with no problems.

So maybe just following a nutritious diet will make you "normal" as far as water retention and flushing water from your system.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 12-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #807

OK, let me just say first of all, that I'd never eaten cold potato, just sprinkled with salt and malt vinegar. OMG! I love it. It will now be added to *Things I Like to Eat* for the rest of my life. I mourn the years of my life that I didn't think of eating cold potatoes with malt vinegar.

After eating russets and sweet potatoes, which were the two I already had lots of on hand, I did lose about a pound and one half, so that was fine.

But... the experiment is over for me. I miss eating my usual ton of variety, so today I'm back to eating my normal JUDDD with lots of different foods and variety over the days.

I'm still reading here to see how the rest of you do as the days go by, and as the weeks go by with potatoes only being added for several days of each week, if it comes to that. I think it is very interesting.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #808

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I dropped 1.4 pounds today but I had such low calorie DD it isn't surprising really lol. 8 tiny taters isn't much.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #809
the condiment queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I do not know the answer to your question. BUT I suffered with water retention for many years and many doctors later still did not have an answer.I thought it was from too high carbs and/or salty food. On JUDDD that problem went away. It came back when I tried the nutritional ketosis diet along with JUDDD. Who would have ever guessed that MY water retention was due to high fat rather than salt/sodium etc? I actually drink salt in my water now and drink really high sodium broth on DD's with no problems.

So maybe just following a nutritious diet will make you "normal" as far as water retention and flushing water from your system.
I think it has to do with protein content and androgens in fat that control cortisol, aldosterone, etc which controls fluid reg in kidneys...just my theory.

Weightloss is sticking. 239.2lbs after a 1400 cal UP and I found out my dressings weigh 3-5lbs. JUDDD DD today.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #810
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Since I don't seem to be able to stick to good DD rotations anyway, I think I will try a couple of potato days. Maybe it will kill the eating monster that hides in the back of my mind. It is not hunger, just the need to feed.

I need to get control of the mental part of this or I will never be succesful on any plan. I will start in the morning with youkon gold boiled potatoes and malt vinegar.
Closed Thread