Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #751
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Patty, I so understand!! I feel that exact same way. My whole life I've either been losing on a diet or gaining. From the time I was about 7 years old (my first diet). I have NO idea how to remain weight stable! Ha! I almost laughed out loud at my docs when they just said as if it was easy, well just go off low carb and eat to not gain weight. Yes. I'm sure! And I sooooo agree with you about hugs all around cuz what we do is truly the work of saints (Bob Carlisle wrote in a song that "a saint is just a sinner who falls down and gets up!)...

Ouz, I'm sorry you had leg cramps but so good to know it may just be something to watch for with the hack. Do you think I made it worse by using both kosher/sea salt AND potassium salt? Did adding the potassium salt make my sodium too low? I know it's the whole kidney function potassium/sodium ion pump...

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
oh yeah poot--i wouldn't use potassium salt with potatoes! They are so high in Potassium already--poor girl!
Old 12-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #753
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
I did go off my PH just a bit today, I had a small glass of wine at lunch, but it went to my head immediately and I could only have a few ounces. DF got the rest

I have slight persistent foot cramps that have not changed with the potato hack. I think you are saying to increase salt, not potassium with this method? I hope I have that right.

But I feel tremendous. I feel the weight loss and I feel balanced in a way I haven't had in a very long time.

As far as the eating patterns go, I wonder if doing the one potato meal a day would be of benefit for people who are having a problem with deprivation? I agree that walking into a pattern that causes you to slip back isn't good, not matter what the chemistry of the experiment is like. I think it doesn't get me that way because I've always been someone who would eat one thing for days on end... it comes from living on my own for so long. I see the potato hack as a 'permitted' slip back into a comfort behavior for me, so I get extra warm fuzzies on the hack.

Today I made a lovely chicken dish with potatos and veges... all for DF and Dad. I had already had a great meal of potatos and I've been satisfied all day. I'm food curious, but I don't have any real desire for much. I hope that stretches to sweets!

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
Old 12-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annalissa
Really interesting. I couldn't do it but seems like it would work. Thanks for posting.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #755
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Lovely posts
Old 12-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #756
the condiment queen

Oh Ouz! I wish I knew biochem!!! I feel so stupid at times, trying to be conscientious! Ha! So maybe I will try it again or do a semi day doing potatoes for 2 meals and eating an evening meal. Maybe I will try that in a couple of weeks after seeing how I do back on normal LC JUDDD. So much to think about and consider! This is another possible tool in the arsenal!

Su that is so fantastic!! I bet the glass of wine won't hurt you! Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

JoyJoy I so agree with you!! Great posts by lovely women!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #757
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Poot--you are 100% correct--we usually eat extra potassium to get rid of muscle cramps--but here is the thing (I think ) The extra potassium in potatoes is making us excrete extra water which leaves our electrolyte balance off--so try adding a bit more salt and see if that helps--

cal-mag also helps--
Old 12-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #758
the condiment queen

Yesterday, I ended up taking a Cal/Mag supp. It may have helped a bit. But I also pounded down 1 1/2 servings of Herb Ox Bouillon and also added more kosher salt. I think I quit using the potassium salt as well and only used sea salt at that point. And I drank lots of fluid in case I was dehydrated.

Thanks so much for figuring it out! Next time, no extra potassium! Doh!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Subbing!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #760
the condiment queen

Ok, here are my results from a Medium Day JUDDD rotation after my 3 day imperfect potato hack.

Fasting blood glucose 98 (woohoo!)
Weight - 239.4lbs (+1.0lb from potato low of 238.4lbs)

Today starts my DD rotation. Oy veh...
Old 12-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #761
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
I decided not to break my rotation schedule and have a ud again yesterday. I ate normally and very interesting I wasn't obsessed with food. had crab cakes, salad, green beans and potato for dinner, treated myself with brownie with ice cream. I thought for sure I would really enjoy the dessert. I actually left some behind!! wow... potato majic? This morning I am doing good so far. I had baked potatoe for breakfast with sour cream and a hint of butter. Lets see how my appetite goes. Although my numbers don't look ok I still feel confident i will be able to succeed.

Stats:
12/2 173.5 DD potato only day , about 700 cals no fat, waist 35
12/3 170.5 UD lost 3lbs! regular up day foods about 2000 cals (bloat wt loss)
12/4 170.0 DD lost .5 lbs!!! had several bm's yesterday? no headache pDD 700 cals potatoes only, +++
12/5 168.5 UD lost 1.5lb last of the bloat weight 1800 cals
12/6 169.0 DD gain .5lb after up day, ate 700 cals potatoes only
12/7 168.0 UD lost 1 lb, cals 2000, +
12/8 168.5 UD gain .5, waist 33 dinner at wendy's
12/9 170.0 UD gain 1.5, water wt, normal foods including bread & dessert 2500 cals about, over ate a bit
12/10 170.5 DD gain potatoes with snacks

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #762
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Patty, I so understand!! I feel that exact same way. My whole life I've either been losing on a diet or gaining. From the time I was about 7 years old (my first diet). I have NO idea how to remain weight stable! Ha! I almost laughed out loud at my docs when they just said as if it was easy, well just go off low carb and eat to not gain weight. Yes. I'm sure! And I sooooo agree with you about hugs all around cuz what we do is truly the work of saints (Bob Carlisle wrote in a song that "a saint is just a sinner who falls down and gets up!)...

Ouz, I'm sorry you had leg cramps but so good to know it may just be something to watch for with the hack. Do you think I made it worse by using both kosher/sea salt AND potassium salt? Did adding the potassium salt make my sodium too low? I know it's the whole kidney function potassium/sodium ion pump...

This is such as great topic! I actually wanted to start a thread on the main page about this. "why do we over eat" . I will paste copy this there.

For me it started as a child. my parents over fed me and it seemed like I was always hungry even though I had enough food. My mother would try to always put me on a diet and make me feel like I was overweight. Then I really became overweight... Today I am capable of having a career and a good life. However I can't figure out why I overeat. I eat when I am happy, stressed, celebrating, bored, love cooking shows and learning about food. I love the way it tastes in my mouth. I went to the Overeaters anonymous site and I definetly answered yes to some of these questions.

1.Do I eat when I’m not hungry, or not eat when my body needs nourishment?
2.Do I go on eating binges for no apparent reason, sometimes eating until I’m stuffed or even feel sick?
3.Do I have feelings of guilt, shame or embarrassment about my weight or the way I eat?
4.Do I eat sensibly in front of others and then make up for it when I am alone?
5.Is my eating affecting my health or the way I live my life?
6.When my emotions are intense—whether positive or negative—do I find myself reaching for food?
7.Do my eating behaviors make me or others unhappy?
8.Have I ever used laxatives, vomiting, diuretics, excessive exercise, diet pills, shots or other medical interventions (including surgery) to try to control my weight?
9.Do I fast or severely restrict my food intake to control my weight?
10.Do I fantasize about how much better life would be if I were a different size or weight?
11.Do I need to chew or have something in my mouth all the time: food, gum, mints, candies or beverages?
12.Have I ever eaten food that is burned, frozen or spoiled; from containers in the grocery store; or out of the garbage?
13.Are there certain foods I can’t stop eating after having the first bite?
14.Have I lost weight with a diet or “period of control” only to be followed by bouts of uncontrolled eating and/or weight gain?
15.Do I spend too much time thinking about food, arguing with myself about whether or what to eat, planning the next diet or exercise cure, or counting calories

So are we all addicts? I mean 30 % of americans are overweight... Are we all addicted to food? Is it the chemicals in our food that is making us want more, is it the abundance of it all, childhood trauma??? I would love to hear
people's oppinions on this topic. Why are there skinny people in this world? How come they are not addicted?

Why do you think we overeat?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #763
the condiment queen

Ha! Cuttie,

I answered "yes" to all but #12! *snort* (shakes head...)

I think this all falls into that Stephen Guyunet zone of "food reward and obesity".

I'm sure largely, rationalization may be involved...but I simply get pissed off at the thought of having to think of food as an aesthetic..."it's only for fuel" it isn't supposed to ever be about "pleasure". I think that is just total and complete bullcaca. Seriously. And I feel my blood pressure rise thinking of it. Even back in biblical times and through scriptures, people prepared food as an offering of love and respect to their families and to guests. There was a last supper!

So I KNOW that I will not seek to demonize food and make it into some stoic's life. You know? I don't know what precipitated this rant, apologies!!! I think the OA thing maybe got me going!

What do you feel about it? Sorry for the t/j Ouiz!!! Back to the regularly scheduled program!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #764
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No Pootie. OA pisses me off too. Especially FA. I have a dear friend who has lost more than 100 pounds with FA, and though I am happy for her, she has to bring her own salad to any social event. That is not how I want to live.

There is so much biology pushing the whole eating problem that making it into a narrative about addiction is just wrong IMHO. I see so many "food addicts" lose 100's of pounds with lowcarb because they are changing their bodies' reactions. Not that I haven't felt like an addict often, but you are correct--food reward and our neural circuitry are compromised. Finding ways to hack that circuitry and still love our food is the Grand Experiment here.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #765
the condiment queen

Ouz I think I adore you. Ok I know I do!

You said it exactly!! The trick (for me anyway) is in learning tools and strategies to get a "work around" or "hack" that works for me. Little individual me. With my weird ass nutritional needs and restrictions without making me totally tee-totalling loony! OMG. Especially since the cancer shi* and knowing I have a little less than a 30% chance of living through 5 years, I am militant and enjoying as much of life as I can. And the last thing I wanna do is go out of this world cartin' my own salad around to parties! (Now taking a low carb dish to a casual party with friends is one thing...but you know what I mean.) I WANT to enjoy life. I want to lose weight. I want to do what I can to keep the cancer from returning. BUT, I don't want to be so strict as to remove all pleasure food brings into my universe.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #766

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:

You said it exactly!! The trick (for me anyway) is in learning tools and strategies to get a "work around" or "hack" that works for me. Little individual me. With my weird ass nutritional needs and restrictions without making me totally tee-totalling loony! OMG. Especially since the cancer shi* and knowing I have a little less than a 30% chance of living through 5 years, I am militant and enjoying as much of life as I can. And the last thing I wanna do is go out of this world cartin' my own salad around to parties! (Now taking a low carb dish to a casual party with friends is one thing...but you know what I mean.) I WANT to enjoy life. I want to lose weight. I want to do what I can to keep the cancer from returning. BUT, I don't want to be so strict as to remove all pleasure food brings into my universe.
So agree with this. This is how I choose to live my life.

Food is good, it is a gift, we are blessed to have it in plenty and I, for one, refuse to turn food or my love of it into the villain.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

Beautifully said. Reason #1547 why I love you people.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Beautifully said. Reason #1547 why I love you people.
I am lost here today - just what is Reason #1547 and also FA?
Old 12-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #769
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I don't know what FA is either, Leona?

Just want to add that I this group of JUDDD budds & enjoy all of your banter.

Pooti, I think you are one very special person. I hope this tater addition is the puzzle piece that you need.

I woke up to a .8 loss today, but had to stop today and will have to start over on my tater-hack on Sun 16th through Wed 19th. I don't know what I was thinking but I have two events this week that will keep me from the tater hack.

I do want to report that although I only did one day, I am obsessed with sweet taters and will be using them quite a bit more in my daily meal planning.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 12-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Pooti, your history of cancer definelty keeps things in perspective about what is important in our lives. Enjoying it with food or sacrifiing it all for a few pounds... Good for you that you are doing the best to have it all!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #771
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
After my up up and away day (UUAD) yesterday with wine, gluten-free pizza (3 slices) and a piece of PIE (no crust) I am up 2.2 pounds from yesterday's low, which was achieved by a 4-day potato hack and then 2 good DDs with one UD in between.

BUT here's the good news - with that 2.2 addition this number is now my bump "up" when it used to be my stuck weight AFTER doing 2 good DD a week. I'm doing a good down day today (DD) but not sure whether it'll be a potato day or not. I had protein powder in my coffee and that's all I've had so far. Depends if my daughter can go out tonight with me or not.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
Old 12-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #772

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
I'm branching out a bit more today. I made a great broth from the organic chicken I had and did the bone broth you all talk about. It is lovely and rich, so I had that with some potatoes and a small amount of chicken. I didn't want to wait to take the fat out, so this would be a lot different than my last week. I'm trying to stay on task until Friday at least so that I will have a decent annual weigh in, but I'm not going to stress too much.

I love the full potato days, but it does do a number on socialization at times.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

Good news, C!
Leona, I don't know what FA means. The big number just means there are a bizillion reasons to love this forum.
I'm back on the hack for a couple of days. Potatoes and sweet potatoes this time. Great day eating taters. I missed them.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #774
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
By the way=--whoever said that thing about feet shrinking, WTH? I tried six pairs of shoes last night before I could find a pair that I wasn't going to walk out of!! This might get expensive!!!!!
Yeah, right??? I'm still having shoe issues! Not that I don't love buying shoes...witness the 6 pairs I have bought in the last 2 months...BUT...I've bought 6 pairs in the last two months that no longer fit!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #775

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Ooops!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FA is Food Addicts Anonymous, which is much more strict than OA, which is overeaters anonymous. FA has a food plan and is very very rigorous about what they define as "abstinence"
Old 12-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #777

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Oh, wouldn't you know it! I have been feeling left out, so decided to do the Potato Hack for myself.

I won't do specific Up and Down Days, as I understand the protocol isn't about calorie numbers. But I will track my calories, just to satisfy my curiosity. So this morning I weighed out two big russets and a big sweet potato, raw. 963 calories. So certainly a low calorie *diet* today at those numbers. Well, plus about 5 calories worth of malt vinegar and another 8 cals or so of black coffee.

I just scrubbed the potatoes and wrapped them in foil and baked them until they were done through, then chilled them completely. And I'm eating them cold. I've eaten one half of what I've prepared for the day, it's after 5:00, and I don't know whether I'll be able to finish all of the rest this evening or not. (But I'm going to try.. wink, wink, wink) I eat the sweet potato plain, the russets with salt and vinegar. Totally delicious, but I'm always a big fan of potatoes, so this is nothing different, other than not eating anything else besides the potatoes. We always enjoy a lot of potatoes around here.

Fun to read the reports of everyone who is doing this, and the various ways they are using spuds. It will be fun if I have something to report as well.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #778
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Pat, you're not the only one who felt left out

I'm also not worrying about calories...then again, we forgot to grab a scale at the store last night. Totally off the hook lol.

Started off with a leftover baked potato with malt vinegar and salt (lunch), then noshed all afternoon on a FF chicken broth and Yukon gold soup. I simmered the broth with fresh thyme, fresh rosemary (both removed after 20 min), and onion and garlic powder before adding the spuds. Very yum.

If I get hungry later, I'll probably make some more.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #779
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
Hi everyone! So I am back from my weekend of indulgence (wine, food, etc.) with some conclusions about my 4 days of potatoes. I did 4 full days, with russets (baked) and reds (boiled), with no condiments other than malt vinegar, salt, and pepper.

I tracked a number of different variables in my days including blood sugars at various points during the day. Unfortunately, I wasn't always able to get every reading (starting testing consistently the eveving of day 2) so I'm not really sure how accurate or conclusive any of this is.

1. Fasting blood sugar: I consistently saw fasting bg readings between 80 and 90, with a low of 81 and a high of 87. My fasting bg usually runs in the mid-80's on a normal low-carb diet. The high was actually AFTER medication so I'm not sure that one can/should be counted. I also don't feel that a difference of 2-3 points in bg numbers (81, 84, 85, 87) is significant. Conclusion: an all-potato diet has no material impact on my fasting bg.

2. Pre-lunch blood sugar: Generally speaking, I do not eat breakfast and just have coffee or tea until around noon. Pre-lunch numbers were a low of 70 and a high of 85. No obvious correlation between eating time, actual amount of coffee or tea ingested, or coffee vs. tea. Conclusion: inconclusive.

3. 1 hour post-prandial blood sugar: Here's where it gets interesting. I started bg monitoring of mid-day blood sugar at this point on Wednesday (day 3 of the hack). Blood sugars were 122, 115, 91 and 91. The last two days were low carb and NOT potato hack days but seeing the number drop from 122 to 115 in days 3 and 4 was encouraging. I saw a similar pattern in the 1 hour PP evening blood sugar readings. Generally, I was eating slightly more potatoes at night so the higher numbers do not surprise me: day 2, 143, day 3, 132, day 4, 125, day 5 (low carb), 107. Conclusion: quicker blood sugar recovery the more days on the hack, with continuing improvement after return to low-carb.

4. Weight loss: I started the week with my usual 3 pound Saturday/Sunday bloat. Sunday morning I was at 145.5 and saw 148.5 Monday morning. Weight looked like this subsequently:
Day 1 - 148.5 (PD)
Day 2 - 147.2 (PD)
Day 3 - 146.9 (PD)
Day 4 - 145.5 (PD)
Day 5 - 145.6 (LC)
Day 6 - 144.4 (LC)
Conclusion: For me this wasn't a magic weight loss pill BUT I haven't been able to crack the 145 barrier in a while so that was at least nice to see.

5. Retention of weight loss: Saturday, I ate a single low-carb meal (steak and brussels sprouts) but had a lot of wine that evening. Yesterday morning I was working so I didn't weigh. Yesterday during the day, there was a little bit of a hangover, little to no activity (couch potato), lots of eating--turkey chili with cheese and sour cream, fruit, fudgey peanut coconut bars, almond butter and dried peaches, and chicken thighs. This morning I saw...you guessed it...a 3 pound gain to 147.4. Now quite a bit of this is likely bulk from what I ate yesterday so stayed tuned for how quickly it drops off this week. Conclusion: No apparent "immunity" to weight gain from an UUAD, as y'all call them around here. Boo!

**Side note: I don't eat chili much and I DO love legumes, but I think I have to come down on the anti-bean side after yesterday. Ugh! Way too much GI distress for it to even be worth it.

6. Alcohol consumption: As mentioned I DID drink for the first time in about two weeks Saturday night. I had red wine only and consumed probably about 6 glasses over the course of 7 hours which is significantly MORE than I drank the last time I had wine. I DID seem to have a much better tolerance; the wine didn't significantly impact my speech or my coordination; I had a little bit of a headache yesterday but nothing dramatic (probably crummy quality wine!). Conclusion: potato hack improved alcohol processing in the body HOWEVER conclusion #2: also obviously still having "munchie" issues that are bg related after drinking. Boo! Next time I will try a PD to stop the munchies. Curious if that would work.

7. Ketosis: I experienced symptoms of ketosis days 3 and 4 but not days 1 or 2. It continued into the two days following. Conclusion: Ketosis IS possible on a diet of pure carbs. Not really certain how to explain that but it was definitely true.

8. Cravings: Dramatic reduction in cravings for, well, anything really. Potatoes were fine, right up until the 4th day when I think I began to get some boredom cravings. I could completely see myself going off the rails if I went too much longer. The lack of cravings continued well into days 5 and 6 though and I didn't actually go crazy my first day off the hack which is great given my predilection for the feast/famine mentality! Conclusion: I think, FOR ME, 4 days would be the limit.

9. Mood: Definite positive impact to stress levels and mood. I was calmer and more even keeled in the last week, particularly given my level of work and personal stress. Conclusion: potatoes have some sort of calming effect for my personal blood chemistry.

10. Hunger: Positive impact to hunger levels. Most days, calories were between 600 and 800 with very little appreciable hunger. At times, I even ate when I wasn't truly hungry, simply because if I hadn't my body would have been running around the neighborhood of 300 calories/day. I know that is not unusual for JUDDD but it's something that I like to keep an eye on, especially multiple days in a row as I wasn't doing calorie rotations, just eating potatoes. Conclusion: potatoes are very satisfying on minimal calorie levels and DDs on just potatoes may be immanently doable. It could allow me to try JUDDD again. It's the hunger on the DDs and the inevitable UUADs that followed that caught me up initially.

9. Sleep and impact to exercise performance: While my sleep was better than normal a couple of the nights, there wasn't a consistent pattern. I saw no impact to my exercise performance. And yeah, there is the shoe thing. Somehow, I lost a half-size in my shoes last week. Seriously.

So that's my summary. I liked the potato hack. I think it's an excellent tool in the toolbox. I'm not sure it does a lot for me for weight loss but that could really be because I am very very close to my ideal weight and my body just likes the upper 140's (I'm 5'9"). I will probably continue to play around with variations, including morning protein meal/evening potato meal, regular JUDDD rotations with only potatoes, and possibly a return to JUDDD proper, using potatoes on DDs to increase satiety. All in all, a very very interesting experiment!
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 9 - 09/04/14, 31 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~172->153
Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #780
Senior LCF Member

I was debating wether to post today or not because I felt embarrassed... I am suppose to be posting success with wt loss and so far I am not doing so well. However I do have a new mentality. I am no longer going to do guilt trips on myself. What happens happens just jump on the wagon again. Yesterday, I was doing great on my DD and planned a low cal dd dinner.Had a potato and my cravings were not that bad and I also introduced a few other foods like banana. I was hungry though so I guess the key is potatoes only...

My husband was running late and I know he really enjoys eating dinner with me. so to be nice I postponed my dinner. The problem I was fearing is I might get too hungry .. Well he calls me and tells me he is getting spanish food take out. I know he wanted to share the take out with me so I rejected my dinner to eat what he was buying. I specifically asked just a small piece of pork and salad. that way I would be able to enjoy the meal with him and get my dd. Well he came home and had purchased several dishes that I love! I know he ment well but it was a complete unintentional sabotage. I could not resist the beans and the other goodies so ate it all!!!

So I learned something new to add to my diet tool book. I need to come first! I should have stuck to my guns and just ate what I was planning. Temptations for me are my weakness and right now is not a good time for me to be tempted. I know its selfish to just do my own thing. I tried to compromise and make everyone happy by joining the meal and as a result I got screwed. I know I could have said "no' to the extra food but 2 things kept me from doing that. He bought the food just for me and if I didn't eat it it would be wasted unless I ate in on my UD etc... It was a high calorie food even for an uD... And the spanish food he bought was from 1.5 hrs away and its one of the best! That was my rationalization.

What I should have done is just eaten the pork and salad and stopped, then thanked him for thinking of me but I will pass on the pasta and the beans etc...that would have hurt his feelings but I dont know what alternative there is...I didn't ask for the extra food and he should have respected that... I need to make it very clear with him that no matter how much he wants to buy me something he shouldn't. I know he wants me to lose weight but he also enjoys "feasting" with me and seeing how happy I get. I think its his own guilty pleasure because he's overweight too so if I eat badly its ok for him to eat badly. Yet after our usual feasts he reminds me I need to lose wt!! on a side note, my mother does the same thing. Makes me over eat at her house and then when I am stuffed reminds me that I need to lose weight! what's up with that!

I learned 2 things yesterday. Pat reminded me that it's ok to be hungry and I need to make myself a priority.

Today I am going to attempt a potatoe only day to lose some of the bloat wt faster. lets see if it works!!

Sorry I got off topic today! I am finding this mini diary very therapeutic!! Hopes it's helpful to others.

Stats:
12/2 173.5 DD potato only day , about 700 cals no fat, waist 35
12/3 170.5 UD lost 3lbs! regular up day foods about 2000 cals (bloat wt loss)
12/4 170.0 DD lost .5 lbs!!! had several bm's yesterday? no headache pDD 700 cals potatoes only, +++
12/5 168.5 UD lost 1.5lb last of the bloat weight 1800 cals
12/6 169.0 DD gain .5lb after up day, ate 700 cals potatoes only
12/7 168.0 UD lost 1 lb, cals 2000, +
12/8 168.5 UD gain .5, waist 33 dinner at wendy's
12/9 170.0 UD gain 1.5, water wt,
12/10 170.5 DD into UD gain ,ate unexpected spanish food for dinner
12/11 171.5 PDD gain 1 lb
Closed Thread