Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #721
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Yep, based on the original description 'zoid provided of the balance of protein/fat/carb in potato 'tricking' the liver into using stored fat, I assume to get the magic I want whatever I ate earlier completely digested and I want nothing (especially extra fat) to interrupt the power of the potato (sounds like the title of a novel). I try to do eat potato only once or twice a day.

Well, to be honest at first my blood glucose spiked through the ceiling. I find adding a bit of extra fiber, my beloved gluc, keeps that under control.

OH! Anyone recognize this quote: “A potato can be a great help in times of trial.”
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #722
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Hey Poot, I wasn't commenting on your loss, just on Pat's questions. I'm sure water loss is very possible, I just don't know how much more desiccated I could have been when I started on potatoes.
Hey Cuttie, could you summarize the anti-pasteurized dairy argument from PHD? Or point me toward a link? I haven't read that part yet.
And Ouiz, I totally agee with the homeostatic shift. Even back on regular foods today, I don't recognize myself, my hunger patterns are so different. There is a definite calm. I'm going to do three days of taters again next week.
Hi Kristin, and interested others--there is an excellent discussion of unpasteurized dairy in Sally Fallon's amazing book "Nourishing Traditions". She makes the point lots of us are coming to, that carbs are not the issue, over-processed, unnatural frankenfoods/drinks are. She also has some very interesting info in there on phytates as the component of wheat/oats that are troublesome to digest, and since reading it I've been making lots of "soaked grain" recipes (before baking/cooking, soak in a medium that contains either acid, like lemon, or fermented bugs, like yogurt, kefir, or buttermilk) that taste unbelievable and seem to be adored by my body...maybe yours too?

--patty
Old 12-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #723
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
I'm going to try to do three potato days in a row starting tomorrow (Sun-Tues) I have one week in the month when I lose best (hormonal/cycle related) and I've just finished that week, so normally I wouldn't lose much this upcoming week. It should be a good time for SPUDDD experiment.

I just bought a bag of organic yukons, and plan to boil them and eat them cold or reheated with malt vinegar or salt only. Keeping it simple (it's only three days). Do you think it would be best if I not have the splenda-sweetened chocolate soy milk I normally put in my coffee? That would make me a less happy person, but the amount I would normally have in a day contains 2 grams fat and 4 grams protein.

This will cover two down days and one up day. Planning to still rotate but may go a bit higher on DD (but in weight loss range) and possibly slightly lower on UD (but at least 1000 cals more than DD). Will post results!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:43 AM   #724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Christina, if you figure your RMR (lots of online calculators) then eat below it on DD (RMR -14%) and above it on UD (RMR +14%), you will - in theory - keep sirtuin production activated and, so, keep some of the JUDDD magic going. If theory proves to be too theoretical, three days will not erase all of your JUDDD magic.

Patty, thank you thank you thank you!! Whenever I feel stressed for the next few days, I shall imagine opening a big, glossy cook book and reading: Prep, soak 12 hours in fermented bugs"

My sister recently got hold of a lot of expiration-date-now, super-sale HWC and introduced it to her fermented bugs. Made the most delicious Euro-style butter I have ever eaten.

The health benefits of fermented foods seem to be never-ending.

I'm gonna get me some bugs and go for it.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 12-09-2012 at 03:52 AM..
Old 12-09-2012, 04:16 AM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Patty, thanks! I am just, just beginning to make my own bone broth, and loving it. Soaking grains may be beyond me. (Every SINGLE time I say this on this forum, I end up doing it, which is why I'm thanking you now.)
Old 12-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #726
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
That is a great youtube Cuttie. I am listening right now!
Your welcome! Its a very interesting presentation on PHD
Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #727
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Nancy thanks for the info about SIRTs calcs!

Ok Day 3 is completed and I think I'm done for the Potato Hack.

Instead of a DD yesterday I ate to satiety, and boy, DID I EAT! Apparently it takes a LOT of potatoes to satiate me! Me = Little Irish Tatty Piggie!

Get ready for it...

I had 43.95 oz of potatoes or thereabouts, countless tablespoons of ACV, kosher salt and NOSALT (for potassium), plus a CalMag tablet.

At dinner I also had 1/2 oz of Pepper Jack Cheese, 1/2oz Lean Pork Loin, 1 small slice tomato along with my potatoes.

Daily Totals - 1103Cals; 6.6g F; 228.9g C; 30.5g Fib; 32.6g P; 198.4g Net Carbs

I can honestly say that's the most carbs I've consumed in AGES! Maybe years and years. Seriously! That's about 5 or 6 days of carbs for me. In one day. One day.

The great news is I'm down to 238.4lbs. That's a 9lb loss for 3 days.

The bad news is I had debilitating leg cramps yesterday. And my fasting bg this morning is 123.

Now, I kinda woulda expected it to be higher than 123 after eating 200g net carbs yesterday!!! But I think I'm gonna just spring into JUDDD rotations today and do a medium day since yesterday was such a high day and since Sunday's are generally a Medium Day for me anyway. That means I will shoot for 1000 cals of food, around 40-60g of carbs (maybe some taters in one of the meals) or maybe some winter squash and see how it goes. Tomorrow will be a down day for me.

But dang, 9lbs in 3 days? I'm gonna pull this one out of the hat maybe 1 every month or 6 weeks!

Thanks again to all the intrepid SpUDDDs! I will be reading of your success with great interest!!!

(Oh yeah, and by last night, I just felt like I "had" to have some protein. I'm tempted to do a Day 4 of potatoes only but I'm not loving the 123 fasting bg this morning. Boo sis.)

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #728
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Hey Poot, I wasn't commenting on your loss, just on Pat's questions. I'm sure water loss is very possible, I just don't know how much more desiccated I could have been when I started on potatoes.
Hey Cuttie, could you summarize the anti-pasteurized dairy argument from PHD? Or point me toward a link? I haven't read that part yet.
And Ouiz, I totally agee with the homeostatic shift. Even back on regular foods today, I don't recognize myself, my hunger patterns are so different. There is a definite calm. I'm going to do three days of taters again next week.
Hi kristin, My simple explanation is avoid milk because when milk gets processed the waterish part of it is bad for us, but the milk particles and fat is good for us.... Thats why he recommends ice cream, butter yogurt etc instead because it does not have as much water . the presenter explains it much better on the you tube clips I posted yesterday at 11am. I have not read the book but the presenter does a nice job summarizing the PHD diet.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #729
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Yep, based on the original description 'zoid provided of the balance of protein/fat/carb in potato 'tricking' the liver into using stored fat, I assume to get the magic I want whatever I ate earlier completely digested and I want nothing (especially extra fat) to interrupt the power of the potato (sounds like the title of a novel). I try to do eat potato only once or twice a day.

OH! Anyone recognize this quote: “A potato can be a great help in times of trial.”
This seem slike an excellent plan for ongoing maintanence beyond potato only days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post
Hi Kristin, and interested others--there is an excellent discussion of unpasteurized dairy in Sally Fallon's amazing book "Nourishing Traditions". She makes the point lots of us are coming to, that carbs are not the issue, over-processed, unnatural frankenfoods/drinks are. She also has some very interesting info in there on phytates as the component of wheat/oats that are troublesome to digest, and since reading it I've been making lots of "soaked grain" recipes (before baking/cooking, soak in a medium that contains either acid, like lemon, or fermented bugs, like yogurt, kefir, or buttermilk) that taste unbelievable and seem to be adored by my body...maybe yours too?

--patty
I love nourshing traditions... so much wonderful information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I'm going to try to do three potato days in a row starting tomorrow (Sun-Tues) I have one week in the month when I lose best (hormonal/cycle related) and I've just finished that week, so normally I wouldn't lose much this upcoming week. It should be a good time for SPUDDD experiment.

I just bought a bag of organic yukons, and plan to boil them and eat them cold or reheated with malt vinegar or salt only. Keeping it simple (it's only three days). Do you think it would be best if I not have the splenda-sweetened chocolate soy milk I normally put in my coffee? That would make me a less happy person, but the amount I would normally have in a day contains 2 grams fat and 4 grams protein.

This will cover two down days and one up day. Planning to still rotate but may go a bit higher on DD (but in weight loss range) and possibly slightly lower on UD (but at least 1000 cals more than DD). Will post results!
Good luck! I am drinking my coffee black, and I normally love a bit of something like truvia and HWC. I wouldn't have soy at all in this experiment.

News from me I am officially over 10 lbs less than when I started the Potato re-boot.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #730
the condiment queen

So it says my RMR is 1761 and following that if I want SIRT activation I need to be in a minimum 1514kcal/2007 kcal rotation). OMG. I would gain so badly on that! Ha!

I gained on Atkins Induction over the last 10 days before this diet and I was only averaging about 1200-1400 cals per day! But dang, that would be such a liveable maintenance rotation if it worked on me!

But that brings me back to this potato hack experiment. Granted, I've been very low calorie the last 3 days. Yesterday's day was around 1100 kcals (not so vlc) and I still lost a pound. So why am I gaining on Atkins at a much lower carb level than yesterday (about 9% of the carbs that I ate yesterday) and only 200cals on average more? It just doesn't make sense. The only BIG difference beyond the carbs is the fat level. I have been usually over 70% fat and sometimes closer to 75-80% fat.

I've known for a long time that my body seems to prefer lower fat (lower not low)...so maybe that's the answer? Maybe cuz I have so much FFA locked inside my fat stores I MUST have a diet in FFA deficit in order to mobilize those stores? And when I get all the FFAs I need for metabolism from my diet, I actually store some away and gain weight?

Su - congrats on your 10lb loss!!!! (we were posting at the same time!)

Last edited by pooticus; 12-09-2012 at 08:42 AM..
Old 12-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am hopping on to post that today starts my experiment into tater hack. I will do this for 4 days and then back to my hfmp juddd. I am up 1 lb after a pretty good UD w/ some wine.

Sweet taters and winter squash today. I may have a couple of roasted new potatoes also. No fats. No JUDDD, but will track cal counts just for the scientific side of me. I am quite well fat-adapted since moving to HFMP, so I may have good losses? Or if I have no losses then, I am really confused!

My sweet taters are slow cooking in the crock pot. I will also slice and bake up a good mess of squash. I will season both with sugarfree fatfree seasonings.

Shine on spud budds!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #732
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wonderful Su11 and Pooti! You two have rocked the losses!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cuttie & Kristin, Hmmm, well I am not overly concerned about cutting milk, because it is very limited in my life, but on the other hand my fav salad dressing is made with buttermilk and I like Hwc in my coffee. The coffee is a once per day and the salad dressing is probably more like 3 x per week. I guess I could learn to love black coffee/tea and use greek yogurt in the salad dressing?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #734
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

pooti, I am very curious to know your answers to the cal level question as well. I would think it would be difficult to gain on 1100-1200 calories. It seems like the addition of carbs and the lowering of fat may work? I don't even know how to do a lowfat plan?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
That's a 9lb loss for 3 days.
Holy moly! NINE pounds in THREE days?

Three days is how long I plan to do this too. Not expecting 9 pounds, but now I don't know what to expect!

Su - 10 pounds?

OK! Black coffee it is!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #736
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Nancy thanks for the info about SIRTs calcs!

That's a 9lb loss for 3 days. The bad news is I had debilitating leg cramps yesterday. And my fasting bg this morning is 123.

Now, I kinda woulda expected it to be higher than 123 after eating 200g net carbs yesterday!!! But I think I'm gonna just spring into JUDDD rotations today and do a medium day since yesterday was such a high day and since Sunday's are generally a Medium Day for me anyway. That means I will shoot for 1000 cals of food, around 40-60g of carbs (maybe some taters in one of the meals) or maybe some winter squash and see how it goes. Tomorrow will be a down day for me.

But dang, 9lbs in 3 days? I'm gonna pull this one out of the hat maybe 1 every month or 6 weeks!

Thanks again to all the intrepid SpUDDDs! I will be reading of your success with great interest!!!

(Oh yeah, and by last night, I just felt like I "had" to have some protein. I'm tempted to do a Day 4 of potatoes only but I'm not loving the 123 fasting bg this morning. Boo sis.)
That is AMAZING!!! I hope you are feeling better!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #737
the condiment queen

Sunday, I know it's inconceivable to me. But go check out my menus blog and you can see what the average calories were and average fat was during that 10days...and I gained up from 240.8lbs or so to 247.8lbs the day I started the Hack. I'm such a freak.

I'm restarting JUDDD today with a Medium Day for Sundays and will be keeping track of the menus/totals etc on my menu blog. It's gonna be hard cuz I will have physical and lymphedema therapy every day for the next month. *gulp* So eating windows/schedules are likely to be very difficult.

calichris - I'd had a very fast weight gain (thinking water) during the previous 10 days so I'm just speculating that most of that may be water. But I do think it's likely there is about a 1 1/2lb fat loss for the 3 days.

Su- Your 10lb loss is AMAZING girl!!! How do you feel? Today I'm feeling pretty awesome. No leg cramps thankfully and just had my breakfast snack...so things should be okey doke! I'm hoping the losses continue! I stayed pre-occupied with food during those 3 days and had a kind of background hunger going on most of the time. The only time I didn't was last night after my dinner where I added 1/2oz of jack cheese, 1/2oz of very lean pork roast and 1 slice small tomato. At that meal, I could not finish my 7oz serving of potatoes and only ate half.

I prolly should have continued the hack through today cuz my guess is I was just starting to see real results but the fasting blood sugar of 123 scared me back to JUDDD.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
@update: after 4 potato only days in a row last week Mon-Thurs (with the exception of some protein powder in my coffee Thursday morning but no food for about 6 hours after) I had a regular food UD Friday and a regular food DD yesterday. Weight has NOT come back on from the potato days, in fact, I'm down again this morning for the 2nd day after PDH. Woo Hoo!

I have a pretty UP or maybe even an UUAD today (because it WILL include wine LOL) but I will be resuming potato DD tomorrow, and maybe a half n half potato day Tuesday with a regular light meal Tuesday night and another good potato DD Wednesday. I'm excited to see where I land Thursday morning.

GETTING CLOSER TO last weight on hcg!!!!! Want my wiggle room for Christmas!

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain

Last edited by C'Marie; 12-09-2012 at 10:48 AM..
Old 12-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #739
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
I wanted to update that the weight I lost quickly on the short 5 day potato hack I did last week mostly stayed off. I lost 6.8 pounds and have regained maybe 2 back. I have been eating a lot over the weekend (chocolate,nuts,wine,pizza etc) so I think I would have been able to maintain the lost weight had I not indulged as much as I did. I wanted to let you know the issue that I am personally having in case it helps anyone else trying the potato hack. It brought back for me the deprivation/binge cycle that I had largely left behind after a few months of JUDDD. I am not as balanced around food as I was before the hack. I think my brain on some level can handle one day cycles of food restrictions but feels that 5 days of deprivation should equal 5 days of excess! This might be an issue that is specific to only me but I wanted to mention it because I think I would have been able to keep the full weight loss off if I had known I might be feeling this way after. I hope this makes sense to those that it will be helpful to.
It is exciting to read about the fast losses that can happen from eating potatoes when they aren't deep fried and loaded up with fat! Thanks to all the wonderful JUDDD buds here that make dieting so interesting and successful!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #740
Senior LCF Member

My own modified potato hack results! I did two days of potatoes (cold, boiled, salted yukon golds) for breakfast and lunch, followed by an egg, spinach, ham, parmesan and more potato light dinner for around 540 cals each day. And today...I am down 6 pounds! Today will be an up day for me, and I'll be very interested to see if I get my usual 3 pound jump tomorrow. Either way, I'm planning 2 more mostly potato down days, which I find incredibly easy to do. My ongoing plan for now may end up being JUDDDDDing with spuds...
--patty
Old 12-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #741
Major LCF Poster!

That is fantastic Patty!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #742
the condiment queen

Wow Patty! That's so terrific!!! Congrats to you!

Babsbabs awesome on maintaining the loss!!!! I'm sorry you've seen a return of binge urges. I can so relate to that too. I didn't see the binge behavior per se, but I can tell you it's highly unusual for me to eat in the middle of the night like I did.

Part of my business is food and thinking of food/recipes all the time as a food writer, recipe developer, but my 3 day hack fixation was very reminiscent of when I was in a binge cycle. I was totally consumed with thoughts of the next meal. I believe that was totally insulin related. So I think what you experienced definitely has a huge physiological component to it.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
See, I am seeing changes in my binge feelings with potatoes, but it has evolved over the last couple of weeks-- I wonder if some of these cravings, and hungers, and binge desires are almost like a detox--of course everyone is so individual, but after two weeks of this, the most profound thing for me is not my weight loss, but my feelings of satisfaction and loss of desires for sweets. I went to a holiday party in Union Square last night, and part of the dinner was a huge slice of gorgeous chocolate cake. I ate some of it and I kept waiting for it to taste so good and gratifying, but it didn't happen, each bite got progressively less satisfying. This has never happened to me. I had the same thing at the party friday night. It is like that neuro-receptor is already plugged in and doesn't need to be fed. So weird. But, I will say it has been an evolution to get here.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #744
Major LCF Poster!

I am glad that this is helping with your binge feeling Ouizoid! I can certainly see how this could have that effect.
I think Pooti got it right that my issue was psychologically based more then an actual physical craving issue. I think I have a reward/punishment relationship with food that can give me weight yo-yoing and gain problems. What you are describing as far as the reduced craving and appetite on the potato diet is accurate and is consistent to how I felt physically when eating all potatoes. My issue was more of a resurfacing old negative pattern that I hadn't struggled with since I found JUDDD. I am glad that I figured it out with this hack as it is good to know about myself.
For physical craving issues, appetite control and quick weight loss I am a believer in the power of potatoes. This hack worked for me and I will definitely be incorporating it as a weight control strategy but I will need to incorporate enough of what I perceive as food rewards to keep me balanced. I think JUDDD works so well for me because I am rewarded for dieting by great food the next day so when I took that reward out of the equation I fell right back into my old pattern of longer dieting/binge cycles (very happy I spotted what I was doing early). I learned a lot about myself with the potato hack! Thank you for all of your kind support and understanding. It is so wonderful to have this place to come and learn and share and feel like you are safe to post your experiences and feelings on. it here

Last edited by Babsbabs; 12-09-2012 at 02:22 PM..
Old 12-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #745
the condiment queen

Ouiz, have you read of anyone having muscle cramping?
Old 12-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #746
the condiment queen

Ouiz, I'm going to try it again in a couple of weeks and will see if I can keep my consumption "normal". I think the fbs of 123 this morning resulted from having 200g of carbs. But I seemed to be just fine at 100g carbs the previous day.

I'm so glad you've had a resolution of your cravings and urges to binge!!!! To a large extent, I've been pretty blessed that JUDDD has accomplished most of that for me. But I won't lie that going off JUDDD for treatment and surgery makes it very hard to want to get back into deprivation and calorie restriction every other day. But I just know I have to do it and so will do it.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #747
Senior LCF Member

Well I just typed a long note and it got erased!!! Errr....

I will just stick with the facts. Yesterday I did not want to eat any more potatoes for dinner so I had wendy's... Yes... I went off my PDD. Had 1/2 pecan salad, junior bacon cheeseburger, small chili with fries shared with hubby, small frosty and later as a snack cereal and milk. And you know what... I don't feel guilty that I did that!!! I didn't drink enough water yesterday and felt dehydrated. It was also my first bread of the week. so I am not sure why such a high jump on my wt.. who knows...

I went to wendy's to purchase a baked potatoe but I came to the conclusion that I don't want to eat just potatoes on my DD anymore. I want more variety on my DD. One big lesson I learned is.... if you feel you are not choosing healthy foods, go on a mono diet such as this and soon all those healthy foods are going to look very appetizing to you!! It's like you need to be punished to be aware of the foods you have access to! It sure helped me appreciate fruits and veggies again!!! when you have only potaotes to eat even a raw onion looks good!! lol

However I feel they have helped me with my cravings and appetite. Thus i will continue to add them to my UD and DD's. Today my appetite is "normal" and I am very surprised. I am very greatful to what potatoes have done for me. I truely hope they continue to add their "magic"

Stats:
12/2 173.5 DD potato only day , about 700 cals no fat, waist 35
12/3 170.5 UD lost 3lbs! regular up day foods about 2000 cals (bloat wt loss)
12/4 170.0 DD lost .5 lbs!!! had several bm's yesterday? no headache pDD 700 cals potatoes only, +++
12/5 168.5 UD lost 1.5lb last of the bloat weight 1800 cals
12/6 169.0 DD gain .5lb after up day, ate 700 cals potatoes only
12/7 168.0 UD lost 1 lb, cals 2000, +
12/8 168.5 UD gain .5, waist 33 dinner at wendy's
12/9 170.0 UD gain 1.5, water wt

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #748
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemsm54 View Post
My own modified potato hack results! I did two days of potatoes (cold, boiled, salted yukon golds) for breakfast and lunch, followed by an egg, spinach, ham, parmesan and more potato light dinner for around 540 cals each day. And today...I am down 6 pounds! Today will be an up day for me, and I'll be very interested to see if I get my usual 3 pound jump tomorrow. Either way, I'm planning 2 more mostly potato down days, which I find incredibly easy to do. My ongoing plan for now may end up being JUDDDDDing with spuds...
--patty
awesome patty, thats what I am hoping to do..modified PDD
Old 12-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
pootie--i have had some muscle cramping on PPD too. comes and goes--I think it is because the potassium/sodium balance is flipped on PPD. Add extra salt to your taters--
Old 12-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #750
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
That is fantastic Patty!
Thanks Babs & Pooticus! I can sooooo relate to the diet/binge cycling, and traditional JUDDDing unfortunately exacerbated that for me, which is why I'm sure I stalled, lots of overeating on UDs. I was talking to my partner about that and he said "just try eating normally on up days"--I did let him live after saying that, but geez! And this from a guy who "normally" eats about 3000 calories a day and is whip-skinny...

I realized a while ago I have no idea how to eat "normally"---I know how to diet, and how to relapse, REAL good at those, but normal, not so much. I think trying to normalize eating for me is akin to expecting an alcoholic to be able to have 1 or 2 drinks and then stop. Addictive food behaviors are the hardest to kick because we can't be completely abstinent from food and also stay alive, sigh. So I think we all need to give ourselves a HUGE HUG and pat on the back, for trying to do maybe the hardest thing on earth to physically do, and getting back on the horse over, and over, and over again. We are AMAZING human beings, every single one of us and I am proud to be among you!
patty
Closed Thread