Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #541
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Potato Hack, Day 6

Blather:

1. Re: happiness. I felt this waver yesterday after the massive hiking adventure, and restore itself later in the day. It reaffirmed for me that something wonderful and mood altering is going on. Happy and peaceful.

2. Down three pounds in three days. I did a double take this morning at the scale because I ate a LOT of potatoes yesterday and didn't expect another loss.

3. I've gone back to eating when hungry rather than cycling calories. Hunger is a different animal doing this and I'm curious to follow it. Also curious to know whether this is something I can do for a few days at a time in the future when I have cycle fatigue. It'll be interesting, too, to see whether it's easy or difficult to slide back into JUDDD cycles after the hack.

3. I'm feeling a bit of the DD chill thing during this for the first time in months, even when I eat a ton of tiny taters. (I cannot resist the alliteration potential during this experiment.)

4. This morning, my lovely man said, "Wait, are you eating potatoes only? Only potatoes?"
"Yup," I said.
"You can't do that forever, right?"
"I know," I said. "It's a drag, but life goes on." And I was sad for a second.
I do trust that I'll come out of this with some great new tools for taking good care of myself. That's exciting.

Happy day, terrific tuber tasters.
I'm also thinking about incorporating a few potato days into my routine-maybe 3-4 days in a row, each month? Like a time to rest/reset. I'll see how the next three days go and I'm also really curious to see how my weigh loss/gains are after I go back to my JUDDD rotations. Who would have thought potatoes would give us so much to think about

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #542
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am sort of doing a tater DD. I had coffee with HWC and oat bran for breakfast. I have 5 ounces of mashed up cooked cold taters to mix with a couple of cubes of chicken broth and some gluc for lunch. I am really enjoying the faux cream of potato soup so I brought the ingredients to work today. Going to try to drink more water today too. Then cold boiled taters for dinner or more faux cream of poatao soup.
I am still happy but cold today.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #543
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Starting day 4 of the potato hack today. Starting weight was 154.8 and weighed in this morning at 149.2 pounds. This is within a couple of pounds of my goal weight which I thought I would have to diet all month to get to. I am happy to be at this weight so quickly but a little nervous about what I am losing. Hopefully it is not all muscle. The fat that is left does fit into my smallest jeans right now and I am vain enough to be happy about that.
I ran the 7km run yesterday and it felt a little weird is the best way to describe it. I had my potato before going and was able to do the run but felt a little spacey when I finished and came home took a shower and then needed a nap which I never need.(I also dreamed about eating angus burgers with cheese last night which was a first! Obviously my body is craving protein as I don't really care for beef) I think I will not run on potato days as the low calorie and activity is too much stress on my body.
I am going to take today off running to do my last potato day and then go back to a regular JUDDD tomorrow. I couldn't get beyond 800 cals of potatoes, malt vinegar and a lot of salt yesterday. I don't mind the taste but was not hungry at all.
I also seem to be losing all of the weight off of my abdomen as far as measurements go but still feel like my stomach is kind of bloated. My rings are also alternating from almost falling off to tight so that is a little odd to.
That is all the observations I have on my progress this morning. I look forward to hearing what everyone else is finding!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
My scale weight hasn't changed the last couple of days, but my body is "deflating"--the only thing I can think to say--I have some jiggly puff, and I can feel that when my bod lets go of the water, I will have another drop. I also notice that ketosis feeling at times--a copper penny taste in my mouth, and a calm energetic state--I had to go many hours without eating last night, and it was no problem.

my third tater only day today--I have a dinner meeting tonight, so I will eat whatever there--but then back on taters til friday--So different then DD's when I couldn't wait for my UD to eat. I have this weird calm on potatoes. I look forward to my regular eating on weekends, but I sure do not mind my potato days in the least--I actually kind of look forward to them!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #545
Established

For lunch I nuked 4 very small peeled Klondike potatoes and on a whim had them with spicy brown mustard. Wow, that was good The spicy mustard gave the potatoes a really nice kick!

Also, one thing I forgot to mention in my morning report, is that last night I weighed myself before going to bed. Normally when I do this (not often), I'm always up at least 1-2lbs from my morning weigh in (and sometimes a lot higher). However, last night I weighed in at a pound less than my morning weigh in. I was really surprised to see this-with all the potatoes and fluid I had yesterday I would have thought the scale would have been up at least a bit at night. I'm going to weigh myself again tonight and see if it happens again!

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-05-2012 at 09:30 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post
Wow, this is amazing information!
I know I have that chemical reaction to carbs. I have also suffered depression, medicated through my teens, but I'm ok now. When doing atkins for 5 months, I got really low. And I kept reading the book, over and over, thinking what am I doing wrong? 5 months I gave it!
When I slowly started incorporating carbs again, I felt like i HAD been medicated. I was gaining the whole 3 kilos I lost (and more), but my mood, my gosh, I was so happy again. I also have a pretty hard time with sugar, I eat a bag with just a taste. This explains so much for me, thanks Sunday!

So I have to change my rotation today as my sister is coming over Friday. So today being a PDD, I will make tomorrow a PMD then a normal UD friday. Am still stalling, but have also been stressed and going over on DD's. looking forward to another day of not having to plan food! Just weigh and bake!
Just paying attention to what Sicchi, Joy, Shelby & Ouis have noticed on the tater hack. Has anyone else noticed that they are not craving sweets, specifically sugar? Hmmm, what about wine/alcohol?

I think that is maybe one of the most remarkable benefits that is happening for all of the tater folks. Somehow, I believe that the author of the "Potato Not Prozac" book has figured out a great help for folks who have or suffer w/ sugar addiction and the potatoes do help to reset the dependence. I think the calm and happiness are key here folks! Yes, it may get boring, but healing is taking place and cravings are gone. This is quite valuable and makes boring so worth it.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I will tell you that I had a horrible reaction to a drink (vodka) I had on saturday--but I am not doing well with alcohol in general these days, so it may not be diet related. My heart races, I am wired, I can NOT sleep. yuck.

The absence of cravings is so so significant to me. What is it about potatoes? All I can think is that my brain is getting a sufficient amount of glucose from an ancestral source, so the cravings have fallen away. It is really different from the LC loss of cravings. When I was doing LC, my body stopped craving carbs, but I still had "head cravings," and felt deprived. With potatoes, I really truly don't care. Saturday night at the event I had some bites of a dessert, and I thought yuck! I don't even like this. On LC I kept wanting LC sweets--every single day. Now they don't even cross my mind. It is truly different. So weird, our biology, yes? Things I believe deeply are some moral failing just turn out to be the absence of some significant molecule.

Somebody here or over on MDA keeps mentioning Seth Roberts and the Shangri La diet--I was one of his original cohort doing that--basically you drank oil or sugar water in the absence of other flavours. I lost weight, but drinking oil or sugar water was yucky. His theory was that a lack of flavour lowered your setpoint and you lost weight. There are some other people (Paul Jaminet??) theorizing about blandness leading to fat loss. I am not sure about that--but the feeling I get on potatoes is the same feeling I got doing the Shangri La oil drinking--I just don't crave or need intense flavour stimulation. I don't need LC sweets. There is definitely something happening.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
So I was down almost 3 pounds after my first potato DD...and was unusually hungry on an UD yesterday that turned into an UUAD. Am back up the 3 pounds plus 2 oz. more today. So will try to do 2-4 potato days in a row and see what that does...much as my food-loving mind rebels at the thought of a mono-diet, it might finally blast me out of the "lose it one day, regain it all the next" that juddd has unfortunately devolved into for me...I think for me wheat is the culprit. I seem to have MUCH easier time keeping to UD calories if I stay the hell away from it...why, why, why do we love so much the very thing that's worst for us??? Well, that's why god made potato flour I guess!
--patty
Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Sunday-I don't crave sugar in the form of chocolate ot candy mostly because I associate it with feeling shakey and ill unless I have them after a balanced meal. Same with juice and non-diet pops. I do have issues with craving deep fried carbs and salt. Both issues well satisfied by the potatoes and salt on the potato hack. No chip cravings with this but I have very little appetite either. I don't think my mood is different than usual other than my happiness at losing 5 pounds easily. I think I might have increased happiness if I could put a lot of gravy and cheese on these potatoes.
Wine craving is still unchanged and I might have to go off the potato hack tonight and have a glass

Last edited by Babsbabs; 12-05-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #550
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
I need to adopt some new ways of cooking these. I don't have a 'go to' method yet. I'm not a fan of the vinegar. boo hiss at me.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #551
Big Yapper!!!!

If I stick to the potatoes I don't have a desire for my beloved ice cream of cookies. BUT if I go back to regular food, then I start daydreaming about something sweet. Especially cookies.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Sunday, the no craving sweet thing is wonderful. I'm not a craver of booze to begin with, so I can't comment on that bit.
Su, following Adi's suggestion, I found a lemon pepper mix in my cupboard that is delicious on the fried taters.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #553
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su11 View Post
I need to adopt some new ways of cooking these. I don't have a 'go to' method yet. I'm not a fan of the vinegar. boo hiss at me.
I didn't like them with vinegar either. So far I've found peeling/shredding/dry frying and then drizzling ketchup on top is my favorite. Or nuking in the microwave and then eating with spicy brown mustard, or peeling/boiling/fork mashing and then topping with popcorn seasoning (I have ranch and bacon cheddar).
Old 12-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Babs, I have limited the wine since being in WLM, but would love to have it while in maintenance without gaining. Have a feeling it is going to be my nemesis though.

I am enjoying seeing how the mono tater diet is working for some of our budds. Don't really have as much interest in doing it myself, unless I reach that dreaded stall that won't give me up!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
I will tell you that I had a horrible reaction to a drink (vodka) I had on saturday--but I am not doing well with alcohol in general these days, so it may not be diet related. My heart races, I am wired, I can NOT sleep. yuck.

The absence of cravings is so so significant to me. What is it about potatoes? All I can think is that my brain is getting a sufficient amount of glucose from an ancestral source, so the cravings have fallen away. It is really different from the LC loss of cravings. When I was doing LC, my body stopped craving carbs, but I still had "head cravings," and felt deprived. With potatoes, I really truly don't care. Saturday night at the event I had some bites of a dessert, and I thought yuck! I don't even like this. On LC I kept wanting LC sweets--every single day. Now they don't even cross my mind. It is truly different. So weird, our biology, yes? Things I believe deeply are some moral failing just turn out to be the absence of some significant molecule.

Somebody here or over on MDA keeps mentioning Seth Roberts and the Shangri La diet--I was one of his original cohort doing that--basically you drank oil or sugar water in the absence of other flavours. I lost weight, but drinking oil or sugar water was yucky. His theory was that a lack of flavour lowered your setpoint and you lost weight. There are some other people (Paul Jaminet??) theorizing about blandness leading to fat loss. I am not sure about that--but the feeling I get on potatoes is the same feeling I got doing the Shangri La oil drinking--I just don't crave or need intense flavour stimulation. I don't need LC sweets. There is definitely something happening.
I hope that others see this! I somehow wasn't able to see what you posted, but this is really good. I agree that this is so therapeutic and want to see my friend stick with the taters even after she quits the hack, as I feel it is great to supplement when we are going through issues. Instead of going for a glass of wine, maybe a few bites of potato? Or the whole carton of ice cream, substitute taters of any type.

Joy, I am thrilled to read your success!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #556
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Just paying attention to what Sicchi, Joy, Shelby & Ouis have noticed on the tater hack. Has anyone else noticed that they are not craving sweets, specifically sugar? Hmmm, what about wine/alcohol?

I think that is maybe one of the most remarkable benefits that is happening for all of the tater folks. Somehow, I believe that the author of the "Potato Not Prozac" book has figured out a great help for folks who have or suffer w/ sugar addiction and the potatoes do help to reset the dependence. I think the calm and happiness are key here folks! Yes, it may get boring, but healing is taking place and cravings are gone. This is quite valuable and makes boring so worth it.
Ok, so update on me. Day three and just having my first taters around noon. I usually power through hungry mornings with bulletproof coffee and tea. Not AS hungry these last few days--nothing that a good cup of hot tea doesn't solve.

Fasting bg - 85
Mid-morning after coffee (black) and meds bg - 104 (not atypical due to the HC)
11:45am bg - 85
(fingers starting to sting a bit! )
11:45am lunch - large russet (baked), small purple (boiled) with vinegar this time.
12:30pm bg -122 (a little surprising given last night's 140+ 45 mins after dinner)
1:30pm bg - 94

Didn't sleep quite as well last night (got up once sometime between 10pm and 3am). Also haven't really noticed the mood improvement effect although considering we are releasing a piece of software 2 years in the making next Monday, I probably should be WAAAAY more stressed and cranky ...hmmm... might have to think about this one. Not super happy but also not as grouchy as I have been the last few weeks. "Happy" is relative, right? Got up and did my workout this morning--30 mins cardio, 125 situps, 6 real pushups, 19 girlie pushups. No impact to performance. Getting out of bed at 4:30am seems a tad easier this week, maybe? Only down a measly 0.3 this morning, for a total of 1.6 in two days, so a bit disappointed there, only because I saw that 3 pound bump up from Sunday to Monday (curse you sugar-free fudgey peanut coconut bars! ) and I still need 1.4 off to get back to Sunday weight.

As far as sugar/booze cravings... Interesting question. I WILL say that usually when I put my mind to something, I don't have too many issues sticking with it, especially if it's a short duration. I have a pretty single-minded focus until I get to the end. That said, I DO get "diet fatigue" just like everyone. If I have sugar or carbs or booze especially, it sets off more cravings, usually for me the next day. I am wondering if eating potatoes after having a night with booze would help the next day cravings? Anyways...

The sugar cravings and largely cravings for ANYTHING else have all but disappeared. I'm not feeling deprived (as I often do on strict low carb or low fat). I'm not craving my after-meal fruit, as I often do. The rest of the 9x13 pan of the above-mentioned SFFPCBs sits in my refrigerator, untouched. No real interest. Not fantasizing about fat or protein OR sugar OR other carbs--pasta, rice, or the like. Looked at the bagels at work this morning, SMELLED the bagels at work this morning, . Nothing really sounds or looks "good" right now. Not too bored with potatoes, either. I didn't think to myself, "Ugh! Not another potato for lunch!" It's fine. Not super interesting, but fine.

Booze. Hmmm...I generally don't crave booze unless I am super stressed out. Which I should be right now. But am not. See above ref to needing to think about this more. Not that I give in to my stress booze cravings because that's a slippery slope! But right now, as much as I love my vino, meh. Take it or leave it. I've got a date tonight and I may or may not stick to coffee or tea. I'll see how it goes.

I'd be a WHOLE lot happier and willing to continue more if I was dropping more weight. As is, I am going to stop by the grocery and pick up another bag of taters this afternoon. (It will be interesting going to the grocery after having eaten ONLY potatoes for 3 days. Let's see if anything looks good there...) I have just enough to get me through today. If I see a drop of a pound or more tomorrow, I will continue for another day.

I'll update more bg readings later but I honestly don't know how people do this day over day, 5-8x per day. Ouch!

Happy day...SPUDDDs.
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 7 - 02/16/14, 33 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~175->???

Last edited by shelbyla; 12-05-2012 at 01:32 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #557
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
I didn't like them with vinegar either. So far I've found peeling/shredding/dry frying and then drizzling ketchup on top is my favorite. Or nuking in the microwave and then eating with spicy brown mustard, or peeling/boiling/fork mashing and then topping with popcorn seasoning (I have ranch and bacon cheddar).
I didn't like the malt vinegar much either. Now I really like the lemon pepper in the shaker.
I try to boil my taters since I like the texture better so I try to keep a big gallon ziplock full of little cold boiled taters. The gold ones are turning out to be my favorites. Second is the shredded with ketchup. I am going to dig out my Geroge Foreman grill and see if that works better for making my hashbrowns than my little bitty sandwich maker. Could cook more at a time and maybe DH could have some too.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 12-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #558
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Hello everyone,

Its been a busy day for me. Had my PDD yesterday. Had a very minor headache towards end of the day but not as bad as my first PDD. I love this new diet. Today is my regular up day and I feel "normal" . No scavenging for food or obsessed with food. this must be how thin people feel all the time. I do feel cold but the weather is cold outside. if it was summer it would be a better indicator. I don't have a huge amount of energy, just regular. I also feel that I am not voiding like crazy as someone pointed out. I do have a strange feeling in my mouth like I am in ketosis, did a urine test and it was fine. I am now at the turning point because so far it's been all bloat weight. looking forward to how long I can do this. I also had some ff chicken broth and salsa yesterday for the first time. Didn't affect my weight. So hear are my results so far. This is the fastest I have ever lost the bloat weight!

Stats:
12/2 173.5 potato only day , about 700 cals no fat
12/3 170.5 lost 3lbs! regular up day foods about 2000 cals (bloat wt loss)
12/4 170.0 lost .5 lbs!!! had several bm's yesterday? no headache pDD 700 cals
12/5 168.5 lost 1.5lb last of the bloat weight

What ever you are craving now will be there for you to eat when you are done losing weight!!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I am on day 3 of probably 4 of potatoes. I haven't fully decided if I will continue past today. I've lost 2 pounds total, a small drop yesterday morning and a large drop today. I was going to do the no counting of calories, but I wasn't very hungry on Monday so it became a DD anyway. Yesterday was going to try to do an UD but I couldn't get very much in either. Maybe for me it is turning out to just be portion control! I dunno.

Today's meal so far was one at lunchtime and I made the baked with chicken broth dish that oiz mentioned. It was pretty yummy. I may need another sweet potato to make it through tomorrow. I'd sure like to see another nice drop. I am bored with potatoes but they are cheap, even the organic ones I got were only $2 a pound. In order to commit, that's all I bought this week, so unless I go out of my way, that's all I have to eat

It has made me also aware of how much I have eaten just for "taste" or because I "want to" and not just hunger. Interesting how little I have eaten because it's just potatoes.

I have to say, after doing hcg and then JUDDD, at least I'm more adventurous with my body and willing to even experiment. My "comfort foods" needs has gone away. I hope that's a move in the right direction and that I will continue on the path that leads to eating just for fuel and not only for fun. If so, I welcome that change.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
Old 12-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #560
Established

Checking in-just ate two white potatoes and calling it done for the day (couldn't finish them).

2.5ish white potatoes
4 very petite Klondike potatoes

2 cups diet hot cocoa
3 cans of diet soda (may have a 4th later tonight)
lots of water.

Feeling fine/normal, but I'm getting really sick of potatoes already. I made a hash brown casserole for my family for supper, and as I was adding the sour cream I had to resist licking the spoon I set out to do this for four days, but that doesn't sound so appealing right now-hopefully a lower number on the scale tomorrow morning will motivate me to keep going

Have a great night potato buds!

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-05-2012 at 01:44 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #561

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Ouiz - about the initial "bloating" thing...I had a thought:

You know how Dr. A told us not to do a 5 hour GTT (Glucose Tolerance Test) without first spending 3-5 days prior to the test eating 150g of carbs? That it would give a false picture of what's actually going on for a low carb fasted person?

I'm thinking this is kind of a similar situation. When you eat high carb, and have high insulin, many people experience accute bloating and edema in extremities, especially those with underlying heart, liver, pancreas issues..

So maybe the situation of eating the potatoes is similar to trying to do a 5 hour GTT without first coming out of low carb?

I know many of the JUDDD BUDDDs aren't low carb per se...but I bet most of us aren't eating 150g of carbs on a daily basis?
This is an interesting thought, Pooti.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
LOL

We always seem to run into trouble when we're just sure that we now know it all. And then, new research shows us that.. there's some important things we missed earlier, we misconstrued the results of something else, and that the *one size doesn't fit all* thing that we say here is true. Best to keep the mind open, I guess. And way more interesting.
Wise words. Wise woman.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
So after yesterdays 3rd PDD, I am still at my average low weight 144.6. I have bounced between 144 and 146 dd/ud for the last month. BUT, I haven't done 2 potato days in a row yet. So todays the day. Its a MD (because tomorrow needs to be an UD), so just to crack 143 again (I only did it once) would be fantastic. Then to see what happens after an UD on Friday.

My man also commented last night about the hack. He said "you've been eating potatoes all week! Are you on some kind of diet?" He hates when I diet. I have hidden JUDDD from him for 3 months but the potato thing, not so easy

But he did say he hopes it works. He hates me dieting because I get irratable and moody and unsociable. See how great Juddd is? No one has a clue but you and the JUDD BUDDS!

Also, the sugar cravings, OUT OF CONTROL sugar cravings first thing in the morning, have definantly taken leave. Usually on UD's I start with a coffee, then a taste of chocolate or lolly, and its all downhill from there. I had a hint of a craving this morning, ate a boiled potato, hey presto!
My energy and mood is also REALLY good too, I think thats why my fiance is down with it. I was also explaining to him that potato when 'cooled' is much better for you, which he found interesting. But I do need normal UD's in my life too, and if that just means bouncing back and forth, dont know if its worth it. Tomorrows weight in will say alot I feel.

I also wonder about potatoes killing off cravings after alot of booze/carbs/sugar the day before. Hmmmm ... alot to ponder.

BTW - I dont like the vinegar either. Mustard, spices, lc tomato sauce and salt are all I need. And I had cold boiled potatoes this morning for the first time and they were soooooo yummy!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
I have so much catching up to do here, but wanted to pop in because, coincidentally, I've been reading over at the Jaminet's Perfect Health Diet site and found some interesting correlations. On their reader success stories page you can click on the illness/symptom etc and read anecdotes from those who saw an improvement when incorporating their suggestions. As most of you know, the PHD encourages about 400 calories a day of "safe starches" in the form or white rice and tubers (no wheat). There were many reports from those whose depression lifted to those whose mood was elevated as soon as they went from VLC to the safe starches (and their overall plan is still on the low carb end, probably 100g for most folks).

I know that I saw a marked improvement in mood just between 40 and 70ish grams of carbs. While I may not be up to eating potatoes plain yet, when I add them to my
protein and fat they are strangely mood elevating and satiating.

Last edited by mttemple4; 12-05-2012 at 05:49 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #565
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
Oh, and the food reward & palatability guy is Stephan Guyanet.

Guyanet, Jaminet. You know, potato, poTAHto. Lol
Old 12-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #566

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttemple4 View Post
I have so much catching up to do here, but wanted to pop in because, coincidentally, I've been reading over at the Jaminet's Perfect Health Diet site and found some interesting correlations. On their reader success stories page you can click on the illness/symptom etc and read anecdotes from those who saw an improvement when incorporating their suggestions. As most of you know, the PHD encourages about 400 calories a day of "safe starches" in the form or white rice and tubers (no wheat). There were many reports from those whose depression lifted to those whose mood was elevated as soon as they went from VLC to the safe starches (and their overall plan is still on the low carb end, probably 100g for most folks).

I know that I saw a marked improvement in mood just between 40 and 70ish grams of carbs. While I may not be up to eating potatoes plain yet, when I add them to my
protein and fat they are strangely mood elevating and satiating.
I'll spend some time reading over there when I have some extra time to play and learn.

I wanted to mention that I also had an immediate elevation in my sense of well being and mood when I went back to more carbs in my diet. I think some of us just need that. I notice that sometimes on low carb some people are cranky, argumentative, short tempered, and pretty sharp-edged. Wonder if that's just them, or whether a few more carbs might elevate their mood level too.

Glad higher carbs gave you that marked improvement in mood. It doesn't mean you have to be eating white bleached flour and table sugar (says the old woman sitting at her computer, typing as she eats chocolate covered malted milk balls)...

I look forward to reading over at the Jaminet's Perfect Health Diet site.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #567
Senior LCF Member

I would totally agree that my mood is much better and happier when I am eating carbs vs low carb. I know some feel great with lower carbs, but I wasn't one of them unfortunately.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #568
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200(190)/140.4(181)/140 64yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Well, I'm finishing my 5th day of the potato hack. I'll know in the morning how much weight loss I've had. So far, not much. A bounce after my last regular UD seemed to not want to come off easily. So, not counting what I lost after the bounce, I've lost about 1 pound. Not sure the potato hack was beneficial weight loss wize; BUT, it sure did something for my mood & my cravings for sugary things!! To me, that is worth so much!!

So, will I do the potato hack again? Yes! Probably after holidays that I have a little too much junk/sugar & need to tame that monster in my head that says I 'need' it!

Ouiz, I still thank you for sharing this with us. I did not think there was any real way to squash my cravings for sugar. This did it!! I still have a lot of reading to do at MDA, & I will, when time permits.

I'll check in tomorrow with a weight update. I'll keep coming to this thread whether I'm potato-ing or not!

See you later, Tater budds!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #569
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Update:

bg reading at 5pm, just before eating - 78
bg reading at 8pm, after getting home from my non-date - 92

Been tasting that ketosis thing today so hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow. Tomorrow will be at least a half PD, and depending on what happens after yoga, maybe a full. Also, something else very very weird. My feet...seem to have shrunk a half size in the last couple of days??? I seriously cannot wear shoes I was wearing last week without them literally falling off my feet. I lost at least a shoe size in the last couple of years after losing 70 pounds but I haven't been a size 8 since about 8th grade. Anyone else???
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Spuddds, Ha! Good one.

yes! My feet shrunk and my body is changing in ways that are very different from the ways it has changed with LC. so weird.
Closed Thread