Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Thank you Ouiz for pulling that all together. It is always nice to understand why something is working and it sounds like the answer is in your post. I am heading out and have lots to ponder while I munch on my potatoes today. Have a great day everyone

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kettleboy
Stats: 6' 3". 243/225/210
WOE: Juddd when required
Start Date: June 2010
I'm now done with my experimenting and study on this, my thoughts and results;

For me the weight loss does not stick.

Recovery from resistance training and HiiT impaired, although aerobic work unaffected, in respect of both capacity and recovery.

I'm concerned about the spiking of insulin to this level, I really don't think it's healthy for me. I suspect a blood profile would highlight inflammation markers. This is bore out by general aches and pains in joints and muscle knots in the last few days.

These things are all possibly bespoke to me, this most probably works better for others.

Sunday; I suspect a week of only chocolate would yield weight loss! Via different mechanism, but I suspect a loss all the same.

Good luck all, I will continue to watch with interest.

Not for long!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Kettleboy; 12-04-2012 at 10:02 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
I love coming here each morning to see how everyone is doing with the PD's! I'm down another pound this morning! I could be negative about since it's showing as "only" 1 pound down since November 30! But, I had an UD that day & bounced up over a pound. So, since starting on the PD the bounce has stopped & it's a slow progression downward. Downward is good, right?

So, today is an UDPD! I've got tons of work to do today! Some of you were talking about being happy on potatoes? Well, I read that to my DH and he said he's noticed that I'm much happier! I'm typically happy anyway; but, who's gonna fuss at more happiness?! Not me!!

Also, my blood pressure seems to have stabilized. That is a really good thing! And I'm taking 1/4 of the medication I was before JUDDD! Weight loss makes a huge difference for me! DH took some pics of me earlier; but, I'm not sure I want to post them. I'm just in baggy jeans & a too tight tshirt! I think I'll wait til I'm wearing something that fits! He wanted to take pictures to prove to me that I really look so different! He is such a wonderful DH. Gotta love a man that boosts your morale!

Have a great day, Potato Buds!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Kettleboy, I wonder about inflammatory markers too. I'm not feeling anything, but I do wonder.
Ouiz, I like your explanation. Thanks. I wonder why some vacuum methods work while others don't for each of us. Even more, I wonder why some work for a while and then don't. We must be looking at a very complicated elephant.
Onward.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
The mood lifting effect is quite interesting!
I am curious if this will help my friend with her sugar addiction? Ongoing depression? She has suffered with this for years and it has caused her to struggle with her weight as well.

Especially, since the basis of the book "Potatoes Not Prozac" is that the same brain chemicals that are altered by antidepressant drugs are also affected by the foods we eat. According to addiction expert DesMaisons, many people, including those who are depressed, are "sugar sensitive." Eating sweets gives them a temporary emotional boost, which leads to a craving for still more sweets. The best way to keep these brain chemicals in the right balance and keep blood-sugar levels steady, she says, is through the dietary plan she describes in Potatoes Not Prozac. Her rules are fairly simple--eat three meals a day, eat proteins with every meal (especially those high in the amino acid tryptophan, which creates the calming neurotransmitter serotonin), and eat more complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains and, yes, potatoes. Not only will this make you less depressed, DesMaisons says, but it will also keep you from craving too much of the foods you shouldn't eat, making it a self-regulating system.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Having gained the weight initially due too two joint injuries, I'm very hot on imflammation, for me it is the root of all evil:-) so I may be over reacting? But maybe not...

As mentioned in other threads, I have been looking at ways of manipulating cortisol levels to reduce imflammation and therefore reduce Visceral fat. The potato hack did derail this manipulation, so perhaps a double whammy?

So back o what works for me
Old 12-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I noticed that when I added sugary carbs back in after beginning JUDDD, that I really suffered the following DD. Almost to the point that the hunger physically hurt, if that makes sense? I have always suspected that I may have had this issue with sugar/breads, and not known what was happening???
Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettleboy View Post
Having gained the weight initially due too two joint injuries, I'm very hot on imflammation, for me it is the root of all evil:-) so I may be over reacting? But maybe not...

As mentioned in other threads, I have been looking at ways of manipulating cortisol levels to reduce imflammation and therefore reduce Visceral fat. The potato hack did derail this manipulation, so perhaps a double whammy?

So back o what works for me
So what works for you? Just wondering?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #489
Senior LCF Member

1 gram vit c every 4 waking hours, if you can tolerate it. and a Topical supplement called 7 spray. Both reduce Cortisol hugely ( for me) resulting in visible changes in days.

If you hold most of your fat around your belly it is visceral fat, and the root cause is Cortisol.

7 Spray was developed by Pat Arnold, the guy who was imprisoned in relation to the Baalco case. He is a very very clever guy with some cutting edge ideas.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Should also explain Cortisol levels rise with age, stress levels, including exercise induced stress
Old 12-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know I have a lot of cortisol issues due to stress from my job.
And also the fact that my middle is where I carry my weight.

Do you have a link where I could read about this? I find this fascinating!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I woke this morning with a slight headache, but that happens sometimes to me for no apparent reason. I "only" had a drop of .6 AND my calories ended at only 585, so I actually did a Potato DD, and would've liked to have seen a bigger drop. I did carb up several days before trying to get ahead of the bloat, if that were possible. Who knows. Today will be an Potato UD and I will report back tomorrow. I felt fine yesterday except for one about 40 minute period which passed. I drank 2 glasses of water (in case it would help processing somehow LOL) and felt fine the rest of the day. I plan to go through Thursday, if all goes according to plan and I continue to feel ok on this.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain

Last edited by C'Marie; 12-04-2012 at 11:16 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hey Sunday, I buy that potatoes-not-Prozac stuff except that, in my case, as soon as I eat grains I begin to crave sugar more. I'm hoping the potato thing improves this cycle in me. I'd love to broaden my diet without feeling like a addict again. This is SO fascinating.
Kettleboy, thanks for the thoughts. Do you notice a difference if you just do the vitamin C?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #494
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Would you be able to use Ore Ida frozen hash browns? Or is this only going to work with fresh? She is definitely not going to take the time to shred potatoes, but if the frozen ones would suffice.
There seems to be no fat added to them, just potatoes so should be fine.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Sunday, google "cortisol visceral fat" and take your pick, there is tons of stuff.

Then google vit c and cortisol control.

For 7 spray take a look at
Q & A with Patrick Arnold

And look at the 7 spray thread, some of his other sprays control cortisol too, but do other things too, so careful...

I have also used Erase pro too, which is a well known cortisol controller, but is systemic, I find the targeted approach of 7 spray creates less sides. That will make sense once you start reading.

I really find this fascinating, it can be applied in combination with any diet, and is the only truly targeted fat loss out there.

Sorry to side track this thread, a new cortisol control thread may appear soon:-)

Last edited by Kettleboy; 12-04-2012 at 11:24 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you so much Kettle boy! I really do believe this will help me as well as my daughter! She has much more stress than I do, with a 2 year old who has serious Peanut allergy and her job.

Are you doing Paleo or HFMP? Or just plain JUDDD?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Please do start a new "Cortisol" thread. I will be right there!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #498
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Please do start a new "Cortisol" thread. I will be right there!
Me too I love this board. I learn so much from everyone.......even if I am not doing the potato hack, I am learning a heck of a lot And I am going to follow the cortisol thread since I have adrenal fatigue. I am fascinated in stuff like this.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Seabreezes! I am sure this will be best for the "on the go" peeps!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #500
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
So far today I've eaten one russet, two small reds and one smallish white potato, and I'm very full I'll probably eat a couple more reds tonight and then call it good for my first potato day Besides the potatoes I've just had a bit of ketchup, one cup of diet hot cocoa/can of diet soda and then I also ran through drive through at Wendys and got a diet Pepsi, but it tasted off to me-I drank part of it and then tossed it. Really hoping it wasn't regular, ugh.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #501
Senior LCF Member

Sunday, I jump around, from plan to plan. Everything seems to work for a while. I suspect the secret is to keep the body guessing. I've played with LC in all it's forms, primal, warrior diet. Even had a week on cream and nuts, this was probably my most effect fat loss period. I have very detailed logs.

I do monitor body fat with impedance scale and calliper, as I want fat loss not weight loss. And all the time maintain exercise performance.

In all honesty I suspect what is really going on, is I'm trying to keep pace with Father Time:-) reasonably successfully so far, but unfortunately a lost cause, but I will try...
Old 12-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #502
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettleboy View Post
Sunday, I jump around, from plan to plan. Everything seems to work for a while. I suspect the secret is to keep the body guessing. I've played with LC in all it's forms, primal, warrior diet. Even had a week on cream and nuts, this was probably my most effect fat loss period. I have very detailed logs.

I do monitor body fat with impedance scale and calliper, as I want fat loss not weight loss. And all the time maintain exercise performance.

In all honesty I suspect what is really going on, is I'm trying to keep pace with Father Time:-) reasonably successfully so far, but unfortunately a lost cause, but I will try...
Okay, Kettleboy - I gotta know. What is this cream and nuts diet? Sounds like it would be effective with almost all fat. How did you eat and how much? So curious!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The all nut day is just like potato hack, just eat nuts. I eat mac & walnuts. Is that what you do Kettleboy? It is amazing how high fat can release fat!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

For Kettleboy & Dawn...

Cortisol & Stress
Old 12-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Hey Sunday, I buy that potatoes-not-Prozac stuff except that, in my case, as soon as I eat grains I begin to crave sugar more. I'm hoping the potato thing improves this cycle in me. I'd love to broaden my diet without feeling like a addict again. This is SO fascinating.
Kettleboy, thanks for the thoughts. Do you notice a difference if you just do the vitamin C?
I wonder if sprouted grains could be the difference or not? Do you ever eat sprouted bread? I can't eat bread period, but suffer less with the sprouted grains. My suffering isn't cravings but a hunger that won't quit.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #506
Senior LCF Member

Simple stuff, can't remember the source, but famously a few years ago a guy lost 150 lbs by drinking cream for breakfast, then ate nuts all day, e only other thing he did was swim in the cold sea. ( that's another subject for. Thread, how to lose weight using cold baths or ice packs across the back of the neck, this works too!)

So I tried it, I was in the region of 4,000 kcals/day at about 80% fat. Lost weight faster than any other time. And some interesting side effects, skin was excellent, every one said how well I looked, stress levels dropped (I have a very stressful job) libido through the roof, etc...

I suspect most of this is related to testosterone levels being elevated by the fat.

You have to have some courage to try it, but it works. I stopped due to lack of variety and lack of different textures in my food.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #507
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm intrigued and may try a 2-3 day cream/nut hack some time. I'm really into the idea that eating fat burns fat. Thanks Kettleboy!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #508
Senior LCF Member

High fat is what brought me to this website, but the efgt section isn't very busy, but again google will uncover many gems. Lots of stuff on MDA too ( the source of the potato hack)
Old 12-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #509
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'm intrigued and may try a 2-3 day cream/nut hack some time. I'm really into the idea that eating fat burns fat. Thanks Kettleboy!
That would what we low carbers call a "fat fast". If you search on LCFs forums you can find other doing it. Dr Atkins talks of this in his book.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #510
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yes, I've done the fat fast before, with luck. I always just stuck to the cream cheese, macadamia nuts, pork rinds thing. Blech! Haven't enjoyed a macadamia nut since.
Closed Thread