Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lyric's Mom
Stats: 130/110 5'2" 41 y/o
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: August 2012
I tried a potato DD yesterday and the morning and afternoon went great. Then night went all bad and I broke and ate pig skins, turkey jerky, and a huge Mrs. Fields chocolate chip walnut cookie! I blew through my 500 allotted cals and ended up having 800 for the day. Woke up this morning and scale read 109.5 (down a pound). Go figure!! I'm going to have to lower my stats soon which is a very good problem to have! lol

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Oh this is too funny! Can't say I recommend that kind of day Lyric's mom, but it worked.

Conversely, I have had great day, loads of energy and I have just finished the last of my 400g with no problems and no hunger. Reverted to salt pepper and malt vinegar. (I love malt vinegar.)

Will get on the scale tomorrow, I will have to guess if I have lost.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Ok, here's the info from my first potato meal. Ate about 4 yukon golds (smallish) boiled in fat free chicken broth, and about 1 cup of the broth. (My plan is to eat the bag of potatoes--330 cal, and the box of broth--60 cals--today, so I'm not worrying about weighing each meal).

Morning fasting bg 73
Pre-prandial bg 64
1/2 hr pp 117
1 hour pp 141
1.5 hr pp 114
2 hrs pp 101

So that was pretty good. Not thrilled with the 141 spike, but it didn't stay there long.

It tasted good, and was warm, so I enjoyed the meal. But it's only been 2.5 hours, and I'm getting hungry. I've got about 5 potatoes left for dinner, so we'll see how that leaves me.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
So . . . you know that episode of Seinfeld where they're all engaged in "the bet" and Kramer walks into Jerry's apartment, slams his money on the table and yells, "I'm out!!!!" ?? That might be me.

I took a ride on the blood sugar rollercoaster this morning and it went a little something like this . . .

7:45 am fasting 91 (post brushing teeth, never sure if that matters)

8:20 am ate 161g of potato with no fat (1 tsp ketchup I had to add at the end to keep going, fat free) This was 34g of carb and 150 calories. Felt VERY full after.

8:35 started feeling a bit weird and floopy

8:45 blood sugar 165

9:15 blood sugar 177

9:29 blood sugar 128

felt weird like it was dropping, but 10 minutes later . . .

9:39 blood sugar 127

10:17, 2 hours post-prandial blood sugar 106

10:30, 93 (!)

So there you have it. I felt intermittently energetic, craptastic, and shaky. But full. Bizarre. I ate bacon and eggs for lunch.

I did have gestational diabetes 8 years ago and am still a good 40 lbs overweight but am not diabetic. I also am not super duper low carb so I shouldn't have been starting with a low tolerance (I actually rarely go over 120g carb even on an up day, but that's hardly induction levels). The one thing I have learned over the past few years that has revolutionized my life is pairing carbs with protein and fat, so this is the first time in many moons that I've had straight carbs. Now, whether this could normalize insulin over time like some of the *** posters seem to think, I don't know. All I know is that today I didn't care to feel like this after lunch and dinner (and I was thinking of Pirate Jenny and her day, LOL!!).

So, so fun though. I am still enjoying reading about it and maybe will try another day, but we shall see.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Ok, here's the info from my first potato meal. Ate about 4 yukon golds (smallish) boiled in fat free chicken broth, and about 1 cup of the broth. (My plan is to eat the bag of potatoes--330 cal, and the box of broth--60 cals--today, so I'm not worrying about weighing each meal).

Morning fasting bg 73
Pre-prandial bg 64
1/2 hr pp 117
1 hour pp 141
1.5 hr pp 114
2 hrs pp 101

So that was pretty good. Not thrilled with the 141 spike, but it didn't stay there long.

It tasted good, and was warm, so I enjoyed the meal. But it's only been 2.5 hours, and I'm getting hungry. I've got about 5 potatoes left for dinner, so we'll see how that leaves me.
Interesting, Tina! Did you "feel" icky etc. with those readings? I definitely had some wild swings, as I just reported, and could definitely feel the rushing sensation, and the icky feelings when the blood sugar started to drop.

Did you skip lunch? Have you had dinner yet? Could I ask any more questions?

Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #276
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Joyce and Tina thanks for doing the glucose readings. I have been some difficulty with hypoglycemic symptoms so I will rethink doing this I hate that foggy, shaky feeling and pretty much need protein to stop it.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttemple4 View Post
Interesting, Tina! Did you "feel" icky etc. with those readings? I definitely had some wild swings, as I just reported, and could definitely feel the rushing sensation, and the icky feelings when the blood sugar started to drop.

Did you skip lunch? Have you had dinner yet? Could I ask any more questions?

Thanks for sharing!!!
Joyce, I know those feelings, but no, I didn't have them today. I was surprised I wasn't feeling shaky with that 64 though. But I didn't go up and down quite as quickly as you did.

Didn't skip lunch, that was the meal I posted for. I did skip breakfast though. I had a mug of broth (that the potatoes were cooked in) around 3:30. Plan to eat supper in about an hour. So we'll see how the numbers go then.

Not diabetic here either. GD about 6 yrs ago with my youngest. Sugar sends me into orbit--bg reading over 170 still even 3 hours after eating a piece of cake. Went paleo Aug of 2011, and eating that way, I have very stable numbers. Started JUDDD in Jan of this year, and tried to add carbs/sugar, but made my bg readings go wild, so I stopped that. I tend to have around 120g carbs on UD's, but stay away from sugar, grains, potatoes and rice. I will eat a sweet potato a couple times a week though. And haven't bothered checking my bg in months. So it's interesting to see the potatoes didn't affect me the way I though they would.

Sorry you felt badly today.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
Joyce and Tina thanks for doing the glucose readings. I have been some difficulty with hypoglycemic symptoms so I will rethink doing this I hate that foggy, shaky feeling and pretty much need protein to stop it.
Well, we're definitely all different, that's for sure. Honestly, I have been doing great incorporating carbs, but I typically don't have more than 20-30 at once and they're always balanced with the protein and fat. So the low fat low protein carb combo was a doozy. But you never know.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Tina!! In my excitement I didn't realize that was lunch. Oops!!! And yes, I think I would have felt a bit off at 64.

I remember when you came over to JUDDD and all those blood sugar readings after being paleo. I've been totally fine with rice/potatoes and even flour in small amounts (um, chicken breading ) but it's never in the absence of fat/protein. I've mostly been following the 2:1 "linking and balancing" of the Insulin Resistance diet, meaning if I'm having 20g of carbs, I make sure there's at least 10g of protein at the same time. I actually feel a bit better on the days when I have a small serving of potatoes (10g carb, so very small) with my bacon and eggs than when I don't have them.

Such curious creatures, we are.

I definitely enjoyed the experiment though and, don't worry, my malt vinegar will not go to waste, ladies! I'll just be adding some fish as a side.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
I followed South Beach for a while and I sort of remember one of the potatoes were a little lower on the GI scale... I can't remember but I thought it was the new potatoe.
I came across this page searching for GI index of potatoes...I don't know if other studies were done...

It seems that pre-cooking is best.

Adi....your Potatoe Recipe wins...

From the site:

CONCLUSIONS: The glycemic index of potatoes is influenced by variety and method of cooking and US Russet potatoes have only a moderately high glycemic index. Individuals who wish to minimize dietary glycemic index can be advised to precook potatoes and consume them cold or reheated.

I hope this link works.

Glycemic index of potatoes commonly consumed... [J Am Diet Assoc. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI
Old 11-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Joyce, I appreciate your report. I wonder if this is what was going on with PJ as well???

I am spreading the news about the potato hack to my friends, haven't convinced any to take the test. I don't have diabetes, but know deep down I was heading that way prior to JUDDD. I have a fear of most carbs, except for black beans, sweet potatoes & pumpkin.

If the potato hack heals insulin resistance, that may be something to consider even with the other factors???

Last edited by sunday; 11-30-2012 at 06:12 PM..
Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
it has been interesting reading over at *** and on FTA--people reporting their experiences with the potato diet--it really seems that there are two separate responses--people who get hungry, don't lose weight--and have a blood sugar rush and crash, with fogginess, etc and alternatively people who get stuffed full, feel great, lose weight, etc.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #283
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I read somewhere that cold boiled potatoes were the most satisfying so that is why I was eating them like that. And I think I agree with that theory.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 149/138/130
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Just made myself a batch of fat free wedges. Sliced up thee potatoes, removed excess water with paper towel, threw in a bag with cayenne, salt, dried herbs and onion powder and shaken well. They puffeed up in the oven and were lovely and crisp. A much tastier DD indeed! Am interested to see how this goes. This is such a fantastic thread
Old 11-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I went and bought 3 kinds of organic potatoes today, along with ff/sf broth, rice vinegar, malt vinegar, and 2 sweet potatoes for variety. I'm ready for Monday, come what may! I hope I'm one of the "lucky" ones that feel fine and lose on it. If not, I'll get right back on the JUDDD wagon.... head 'em up and move 'em out!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
well I did good for two DD's on the potato thing.......then today....yeah well....today we will forget!! I forgot my potato lunch, so had nothing to eat at work. Ended up working really really late and was just tired and starving and crabby and hubby forgot it was a DD and ordered out and got me a club sub........and my intention was to eat half, but I ate it all, guzzled down 1/2 a gal of water then opened a bottle of wine. Needless to say I am now bloated and miserable and going to bed lol!!

But those two potato DD's I shed two pounds (which I am sure I will place back on by morning). I am gonna get a bag of potatoes tomorrow and start fresh on Sunday, my next DD. I can say I wasnt starved when I had the potatoes, I felt better than when I eat a salad!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #287
Big Yapper!!!!

For some reason I think I am one of those that has lost cravings doing the potato diet. Thank goodness. Only on UD's but I just had to find something sweet and I have not had that urge at all since doing all potatoes. That in itself is worth potatoes only for me. Not sure how long I will do this but I am sticking to calories better with just potatoes. DD's are a little higher at 400 but the UD's are below 1600. Maybe this will get me on track for another go at maintenance.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttemple4 View Post
So . . . you know that episode of Seinfeld where they're all engaged in "the bet" and Kramer walks into Jerry's apartment, slams his money on the table and yells, "I'm out!!!!" ?? That might be me.
I think I'm out too, in spite of a decent loss this morning. Potatoes on my DD weren't too bad, but then I carried it over into today and what a disaster it was.

Potatoes for breakfast, hungry like crazy by lunch, potatoes for lunch, total carb sugar crash. All I wanted to do was sleep. I was so tired and out of it--and jonesing for protein like nobody's business.

By about 4pm, I totally broke down and had to have a protein shake. A protein shake! On a flipping UP DAY. I was that out of sorts. Unfortunately, the dinner we'd planned was also a carb fest and I'm feeling like a shaky mess tonight. Not to mention hungry as heck, and I have used up all my Up Day calories.

Nervous about how I'll do a DD tomorrow.

Now, granted, I felt pretty awful on my early days of JUDDD too, but this feels different somehow, like maybe I'm doing something horrible to myself, or perhaps I'm just really tired and this exacerbated it. Maybe I'll be changing my tune if I drop a lot on the scale but I'm not feeling it right now.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I'm out. Supper bg readings were BAD.

Had the rest of the potatoes, but didn't have the broth. Added a little malt vinegar to half of them. About 2-3 tbsp salsa on the other half.

Here's the numbers:
7:30 pre eating 88
8:04 201 (I've NEVER had a reading over 200, even eating a piece of cake on an empty stomach)
8:30 222
9:00 191
9:30 165

So at 2 hrs, I'm still way high. Going to eat some protein, drink some water, and see how it goes.

Felt ok, except for sort of flushed and "fuzzy" feeling. My face and hands get this buzzy feeling when my sugar is high. Hoping to avoid a crash by eating some protein.

I did make it through without being starving, but I was not satisfied ever today.

Looks like I fall into the 'not for me' group. But it was a fun experiment.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Steph, sorry it didn't work out for you either. This didn't feel like it was good for me at all. I'm glad for those it's working for though.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Steph, sorry it didn't work out for you either. This didn't feel like it was good for me at all. I'm glad for those it's working for though.
Ditto. I'd be willing to try the experiment again in the future, but this first one was a bust.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sdjade
Start Date: LC 10-2011, JUDDD 04-01-2012
It is so interesting reading everyone's experience with taters! This is the end of my second potato-only DD (with a regular UD in between). Today I had 380 cals with only some added salt and pepper. I have found this to really help with DD hunger management. I'm not sure if it will effect my weight loss at all (especially because I am doing regular UDs), but I'm definitely going to keep using this for DD just because it has made them so easy! I should note that I've never had any blood sugar issues.

Steph - A protein shake on an UD?!? It must have been bad! I think I would have tried a big cheeseburger.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
You only get the resistant starch if you eat potatoes that have been cooked & cooled. (I think it's okay to reheat them.)

Yesterday I ate potatoes that I had just boiled.

This morning I ate a leftover potato, but I ate it with butter & sour cream to "get it out of my system" because I haven't eaten potatoes in YEARS! I ended up taking a nap--not necessarily potato-related; I had to get up really early--and 3 hours after eating, my BG was down to 80 from 125 before eating. I felt fine and actually *finally* got around to a de-cluttering project. Then I ate another potato + 2 hot dogs. A few hours later, I had that uncomfortable, low-blood-sugar hunger...not as bad as yesterday, but not my "normal", bearable hunger.

So, anyway, I don't know if I felt better today because they were cooled potatoes, or because I ate them with fat. Very unscientific.

Btw, I'm thinking...if potatoes do reduce insulin resistance, that could be why some of us are feeling shaky & bad...in a sense, we'd be getting a higher dose of insulin than we're used to (assuming the effect is immediate; if it's supposed to take a couple weeks to kick in, please disregard my theory ). And if we don't usually eat carbs & the potatoes are also spiking our blood sugar, then the swing between the high & low is very uncomfortable.

Some things that are supposed to be "good" for diabetics & "controlling" blood sugar actually make me feel terrible--cinnamon, particularly. Too much garlic makes me very sleepy--I mean, passing-out-while-standing-up sleepy! I recently found out that it can lower blood sugar!!! I never knew!!!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
Old 12-01-2012, 02:35 AM   #294

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well I enjoyed my potato day and will surely do another.

As I didn't weigh beforehand I don't know what I lost. But I did lose. I was spot on 126 this morning, goal weight. I have been hovering a pound or 3 above that fo a couple of weeks.

So I am very happy, and looking forward to my UD.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Today is day two of the Great Potato Adventure. So far, there are too many variables in flux to assess initial impressions.
One thing I like is that a pot of potatoes is EASY when I'm busy.
Another thing I like is salt and vinegar. Anytime, any place.
So I'm in till further notice.
More anon. Happy day, potato heads.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:45 AM   #296
Big Yapper!!!!

This potato head is 142.4 after an UD so I am down for sure. Today is a DD and I have a craft show but I have my potatoes boiled and cold in the frig. I am taking my little cooler with diet coke and boiled potatoes. So easy. I am loving these potato DD's. And the UD's too. And I think I overdid the potatoes yesterday and still dropped on the scale. I had a yukon gold at midnight since I had cooked them and was getting ready for my craft show and wanted to try one. never had them before. All is well this morning including my midnight snack.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
Old 12-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

My lunch potatoes were boiled and eaten hot. The rest were cooled and put in the fridge, and reheated for supper when I had the orbital bg readings. So, it didn't help me.

No weight loss either. I'm exactly where I always am after a dd. I actually expected to be a bit lower simply because my calories were under 400, and I usually have 700 cal dd's. But I have that puffy/achy feeling in my hands that tells me I'm retaining fluid and a little inflamed.

Maybe it takes longer than a day, but I just can't see how having several days of readings at or over 200 can be good for me. So I'm back to what works for me.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #298

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I did 2 potato only DDs, with my birthday UD in between, and am down 1.5 pounds in that time, but only down 1/2 pound from my pre-Thanksgiving weight. So I'm just a little disappointed. I was feeling lighter yesterday during my DD, and really did expect to see a lower number by a pound or 2 this morning. But I am at a new low, so I'm satisfied.

I would like to do 4 or 5 days of potatoes, just to see what it could do for me. I'm just not sure how that will fit in with all the December hooplah. Maybe I'll save it for after the New Year, when all the food oriented stuff is past, and I need a kick start of loss to start the year off.

For now, I'll do DD potato days when I feel like it. It's simple, no thinking about what I'll eat, and very satisfying to me.

Thanks again Ouiz, for this interesting hack.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
You are most welcome to all who have thanked me, and I am so sorry to all who have had bad experiences with this! It is all N=1, yes? Worth experimenting with and seeing how it is going for you. So, in light of N=1, I am going to tell you what has changed for me since doing this.

I will never go back to a fully lowcarb diet. I had terrible times with my UD's and I was sure I was doomed to eat VLC forever, but I will tell you all, that nothing quiets down my cravings and desires to eat like a potato. I get a feeling of calm that is really weird. I will also say that I am a week ahead of most of you with this hack, and I am still learning weird and interesting things about myself. Note: If yourblood sugar shoots up and you feel like crap, listen to your body! What I have noticed is that I am continuing to feel different incorporating potatoes into my diet. The key, for me, is lower fat, which is so interesting. I have known for YEARS that I couldn't do the high fat promoted by lowcarb folks. I lost weight doing *******, I lost weight doing stillmans (and in both cases my hair fell out, so yuck!), I never lost a pound doing HFLC. And unlike most people here, I still had cravings and sometimes binged on high fat (peanut butter or fat bombs anyone?) and felt like crap.

Now I am recognizing that tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes, starchy squashes, etc, seem to have a very beneficial effect on me. Maybe because I am of german heritage and we had to live off our root cellars during the long winters, I don't know. It really seems to me that there are people who have some kind of therapeutic response to tubers and those who are poisoned by them!

I had a higher fat dinner Thursday night and my tummy was very unhappy, so even though I am not doing the PPD right now, I went back to some potatoes mixed with veggies and lean protein yesterday and felt SO much better.

The other profound experience I am having eating potatoes is a cessation of my UD cravings for wheat and sugar. Maybe all that starch (glucose not fructose) is soothing my poor deprived brain in some way, but I end up feeling calm and not driven. It is so clear to me that I fell better. That is significant. Remember that old book, Potatoes Not Prozac? Seriously, I think taters are prozac for me in some way!

So, N=1 and all that. I am really sharing this for the people who had a good response to the PPD. I totally get (from this site and all the other sites where people are trying this) that it is a disaster for some folks and their experiment needs to be discontinued asap.

I am looking forward to Monday and another 3-4 days of just taters. Oh and by the way, my weight has not budged since I went back to regular foods. So relieving.

Last edited by ouizoid; 12-01-2012 at 08:34 AM..
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Now I am recognizing that tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes, starchy squashes, etc, seem to have a very beneficial effect on me. Maybe because I am of german heritage and we had to live off our root cellars during the long winters, I don't know. It really seems to me that there are people who have some kind of therapeutic response to tubers and those who are poisoned by them!

I am first generation born here and my blood type is probable P+ (p=potato) so this is the exact reason I am stalking and addicted to this thread. I also feel bad doing low carb and haven't in quite some time. I have one week left before the whole holiday-get togethers-birthday parties-holy days-parties...(Did I say parties) begin. I will do this 4 day experiment in January and I cannot wait.. . I am crossing my fingers that it works for me...(I have a feeling it will

Thanks again for posting( I know you are probably getting tired of the thanks, but it is only polite of us..)

And I do love and make Pozole? My version is a little lower in fat than tradtional. Thanks alot for posting that...NOW I can't get it out of my mind...
Closed Thread