Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I'm sure going a lot! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/790053-im-sure-going-lot.html)

JayLynn 11-25-2012 05:41 PM

I'm sure going a lot!

Okay this is my third day on JUDDD, second DD, and I'm doing fine. (amazing!)

Just wondering why I'm having to pee so much?

I have drank a LOT of water, but thats not unusual for me. Maybe I'm drinking more than I think. I will start keeping better track.

I hope its just my body getting rid of toxins or something because my stomach isn't real full.

I'm not overly concerned, just curious. Anyone else experience this?

angie1 11-25-2012 06:25 PM

This is what happens when you are losing the water that your body is retaining (water weight!).

Love it at the start of a diet :)

LastRick 11-25-2012 06:50 PM

Like angie1 above me said, it's your body getting rid of unnecessary water as you transition to low-carb.

IIRC in Good Calories, Bad Calories, Taubes talks about how carbohydrates hold onto salt, because of which your body then retains water to maintain the proper salt balance. Thus, get rid of carbs, salt goes down too, and the body can shed the water.

krow134 11-25-2012 07:46 PM

I call this the DDPP............happens everytime.........its a good thing thought!!!

JayLynn 11-25-2012 09:39 PM

:hyst:

DDPP too funny Katiebubb!

I've got it for sure. First DD didn't affect me like this but this one sure has!

I need to find the turn off valve so I can go to sleep soon. After all, tomorrow is a UD!!! :clap:

Carly 11-26-2012 03:13 AM

Yes, DDPP and DD shivers!

gotsomeold 11-26-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastRick (Post 16099230)
Like angie1 above me said, it's your body getting rid of unnecessary water as you transition to low-carb.

IIRC in Good Calories, Bad Calories, Taubes talks about how carbohydrates hold onto salt, because of which your body then retains water to maintain the proper salt balance. Thus, get rid of carbs, salt goes down too, and the body can shed the water.

Or, if you are not eating LC - you get the same effect if DDs are low enough.

I use DDPP to validate I had a successful DD! (And so, another acronym enters the JUDDD vocabulary.........)

Kissa 11-26-2012 06:01 AM

If I don't get up once a night I know I have done something wrong. This is part of the proff that the JUDDD magic is working. YMMV. :)

KeirasMom 11-26-2012 07:49 AM

Peeing away the fat is how I like to think of it. :D

JayLynn 11-26-2012 12:13 PM

I sure hope I'm peeing away some fat! lol

I won't weigh until Friday, my one week on this new amazing WOE. I've read about the bounces and I can wait a few more days to see results.

I'll be sure and let you know how I'm doing.

And oh, today on UD I seem to be on a normal potty schedule. :)

Kissa 11-26-2012 12:15 PM

Sounds about right.

I hope Friday is the day after a DD?

Librarygirl 11-26-2012 12:15 PM

I've had a lot of the DDPP's. :D :D After my first DD, I lost 2 lbs. :)

DesertGurl 11-26-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16099445)
Yes, DDPP and DD shivers!

This! :laugh:

....well, guess it's good to know I'm not the only one beating a path to the potty all day long. :hyst:

JayLynn 11-26-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16100399)
Sounds about right.

I hope Friday is the day after a DD?

Yes. Today is a UD so.....counting on fingers....yup! DD on thursday.:clap:

SICCHI 11-26-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16099877)
Peeing away the fat is how I like to think of it. :D

:hyst:

JayLynn 11-26-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertGurl (Post 16100623)
This! :laugh:

....well, guess it's good to know I'm not the only one beating a path to the potty all day long. :hyst:

Nope DesertGurl, you're sure not!

Today has been more "normal" (an UD) but I'll be prepared for tomorrow.

I do drink a lot of water and tea, but thats really nothing new for me. Neither is Low Carb.

Glad to know others have "to go a lot" too. :kicking:

Librarygirl 11-26-2012 04:44 PM

I admire those of you who weigh only once a week. I have to do it every day! It's fun to me, lol, and I look forward to it. I feel more in control too; for some weird reason I think if I don't weigh for a week I might gain and not know it. Does anyone else think like this? I may need therapy.

DesertGurl 11-26-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16101022)
I admire those of you who weigh only once a week. I have to do it every day! It's fun to me, lol, and I look forward to it. I feel more in control too; for some weird reason I think if I don't weigh for a week I might gain and not know it. Does anyone else think like this? I may need therapy.

Well, if you need therapy then I guess I do too! :D Drives my DH nuts to watch me weigh every day. LOL I feel like I can have a better grasp over what types of food may affect the numbers, therefore allowing me to reign things in more by weighing everyday... well, that's my story anyways and I'm stickin to it! :hyst:

Librarygirl 11-26-2012 06:37 PM

Group Therapy!!!!:high5::hyst:

Debrat3 11-26-2012 08:57 PM

I will NEVER get DDPP out of my mind now.:lol:
Everynight on a DD about 3:00am I have to get up and pee, I always think of that as a good thing for weight loss. I am going through menopause and for 2 years I have not been able to wear a coat in the winter just a vest because I am always so hot. Not this winter. On DD's I am freezing. Even on updays kinda colder. I will be wearing a coat this winter.:lol:

gotitnow 11-26-2012 10:14 PM

:confused:...wondering how many extra calories we burn with all those trips to the bathroom! Anything would be a bonus!! I'll take it!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Phyl:p

JayLynn 11-26-2012 10:57 PM

You ladies crack me up!

Besides running to the bathroom, I'm sure laughing burns a few cals too!

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

gotsomeold 11-27-2012 02:58 AM

Oh, :rofl:

The doctor made me do a 24-hour collect your urine test. It happened to fall on DD. Late in the day I had to drive back to the office and get a second container.:hyst:

gotitnow 11-27-2012 10:29 AM

:rofl::hyst::rofl:

LoCarbGal 11-27-2012 02:32 PM

:eek:

Carly 11-27-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16101514)
Oh, :rofl:

The doctor made me do a 24-hour collect your urine test. It happened to fall on DD. Late in the day I had to drive back to the office and get a second container.:hyst:

:hyst::hyst: