Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Down 3.5 lbs in 4 days!! Woo Hoo!

Well, I have survived the first 4 days of JUDDD. 2 Up Days and 2 Down Days. The Down Days are a bit tough, but I know they will get easier. The good news is that I am down 3.5 lbs in 4 days, even with going over my calorie allotment slightly on the down days.

Today is an Up Day which I will enjoy to the max since I am going out to lunch and probably dinner. The challenge will be tomorrow's Down Day.. A Saturday - DH and I plan to take in a movie in the afternoon and the scent of popcorn will kill me, especially if I am already really hungry.. Since I am also trying to remain LC while JUDDDing I'll try to sneak in something in my purse that will be savory and very low calorie and LC.. Maybe I'll make some zucchini chips or kale chips or something like that. I rarely drink diet drinks with splenda or aspartame, but maybe I'll make an exception..

Everyone have a super-duper day!

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
The challenge will be tomorrow's Down Day.. A Saturday - DH and I plan to take in a movie in the afternoon and the scent of popcorn will kill me, especially if I am already really hungry.. Since I am also trying to remain LC while JUDDDing I'll try to sneak in something in my purse that will be savory and very low calorie and LC.. Maybe I'll make some zucchini chips or kale chips or something like that. I rarely drink diet drinks with splenda or aspartame, but maybe I'll make an exception..
This is my big worry too. During the work week I'm at least busy and have a routine. Weekends are sort of up in the air. Tomorrow I'll be baking Nutella cupcakes for my sister's birthday. They're not low carb so I won't be tempted to eat them, but I suspect it's going to be tough smelling that wonderfulness and not being able to eat anything!

Judy, congrats on the big loss! It sounds like you've got a good plan for tomorrow. You make your own zucchini chips? That sounds pretty delicious, how do you do it?
deedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Dip gal u are ping great. My first dd, I thought, Mann I don't no.. Scary it was!

Very challenging I had goofy thoughts.
But turned out, like urs, except I was way above my 500 Cal.
I remember 600-800 was the best I could do for. Loooong time.
Even then it worked for me.
Strangely enough, this time restarting JUDDD.
I'm having no problem hanging out on dd 500 ish. It's like I've pushed through
A wall...
I was like u and going to keep this woe a secret.
I did for a week, didn't tell my hubby.
He's a scientist and was afraid he'd be concerned.
But was the total opposite. He hadn't heard or read nothing on it.
But still he was supportive. We both reading, left us in a comfort zone.
My hubby is 6'3-175 skinny pounds. Never need to watch his intake.
But he also plays basketball once a week, runs, golfs. Healthy life style he keeps.
Dip gal very happy for u.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Recipe for Baked Zucchini Chips

Thanks Dee - here is a recipe you can use as a guide. I have "Pam" Olive Oil spray.. that's what I'll use.. and I'll sprinkle them with garlic powder, salt and pepper. 1 Cup cooked is approx. 30 calories... plus the calories from the spray. They'll need to be counted since I'll use more than a 1/4 second spray. I can also toss them in a bowl in the oil instead and count the tsp or two of olive oil I'll use. I have 1.5 zucchinis in the fridge now, so that's what I'll use. Maybe I'll toss some Parmesan cheese on them if I think I have enough calories left.

Baked Zucchini Chips

1 zucchini (One zucchini makes one serving -1/4 C. - 1/3 C. of chips depending on the size of your squash).

cooking spray

seasoned salt, or other seasoning(s) of your choice

Preheat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil, and spray with canola oil. Set aside.

Slice zucchini into thin medallions, about the thickness of a quarter. (You can either use a knife & a very steady hand, or a mandoline slicer.)

Lay out slices on prepared baking sheet, and spray tops lightly with additional cooking spray. Sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. (A note on seasoning, however - use LESS than what seems appropriate. These shrink considerably in the oven, and if you use too much it gets very concentrated. It's better to end up underseasoning and add more later.)

Place in preheated oven and bake 45 minutes. Rotate baking sheet, and bake an additional 30-50 minutes, until chips are browned and crisped to your liking. These are best eaten within a couple hours of removing from the oven, as they start to get chewy if left out.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Judy, I'm going to try these tomorrow!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Those sound delicious, mmmm.

If you have any peppermint oil it can help overcome the smell of popcorn, sprinkle some on a tissue. Of course, it may get you craving mints, I am wondering if lavender oil would work? And don't forget, as you are trying to stay LC, there is no way you'd be eating that popcorn in any case.

I would certainly suggest having your Diet soda on an occasion like this. it is all about the lesser of two evils.

Remember to have fun, you have an UD to look forward to.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #37

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Judy, a movie sounds like a great idea! Before our major lifestyle shakeup, we would go to a movie once a week on a DD. The popcorn never bothered me. DH would usually get a small bag, I would have one piece maybe, and be content. The movie would transport me so much I wouldn't be thinking about food.

Have you tried gum? A good minty piece of gum right before you go in to the movie may help you a lot. I never want popcorn after that. Just a thought.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #38

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Why didn't I think of that Luna, brilliant.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the ideas! First I'll eat my zucchini chips, then pop some gum in my mouth! Ignore tummy rumbles! Get engrossed in the movie!!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Dipgal: I really enjoyed reading your thread!

Wooo-Hooooo! -3.4 in 4 days right? Only "dieting" half the time, really!

Previous posters are really right. DDs do get easier over time and I'm sure it's when the SIRT1 enzymes kick in and help with that feeling of satiation.

I found this old thread and thought you might want to check it out. The first post has a great quoted section from an article which became very helpful to me.

KUTGW! You are doing great!

Here is the link:

Hunger is not an emergency

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Loved the thread Yam-Yam, thanks!! I signed up for Dr. Bernardi's email where he sends over the basics and subscribed to his Facebook page. Great info! I didn't have time to watch the video, but will look at it tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Old 12-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Judy, I made your zucchini chips today and they were wonderful!! I could have easily eaten a whole second batch. I might make a triple batch tomorrow for my UD. Thanks for that recipe!
Old 12-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

That's great Dee! I never ended up making them today - having my DD tomorrow instead of today to change my weekday week around. I'll make them tomorrow!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's great Dee! I never ended up making them today - having my DD tomorrow instead of today to change my weekday week around. I'll make them tomorrow!
Oh good, well I hope you enjoyed your movie theater experience with some yummy treats then!