Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junkn
Stats: 138/107/105
HCG'ers to JUDDD'ers!

hi all!

i noticed there are quite a few people who go from HCG to JUDDD. me being one of them!

i was on hhcg for about 4 months and lost about 26 pounds (started at 134 and ended 108.2). i did 3 weeks of P3 and stabilized perfect- no correction days.

i started P4 yesterday for thanksgiving and decided to do JUDDD for p4. so today is a DD.

i only want to lose 3-4 more pounds and the JUDDD calculator has me at 1472 UD and 442 DD at 30% wt loss.

1472 doesn't sound like much i am 5'1, 108.6 pounds, 40 yrs old, and am a lazy bum

how realistic is it to lose 3-4 pounds using 1472/442 and how long do you think it may take? and after i meet goal- do i do the maintenance calculations? i ask this because i maintained in P3 at 1400 calories daily.

also- if i gained more than 2 pounds after an UD, do i do a correction day?

thanks! you guys are a great bunch (been lurking here for a while)

Last edited by junkn; 11-23-2012 at 11:12 AM..
junkn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkn View Post
hi all!

i noticed there are quite a few people who go from HCG to JUDDD. me being one of them!

i was on hhcg for about 4 months and lost about 26 pounds (started at 134 and ended 108.2). i did 3 weeks of P3 and stabilized perfect- no correction days.

i started P4 yesterday for thanksgiving and decided to do JUDDD for p4. so today is a DD.

i only want to lose 3-4 more pounds and the JUDDD calculator has me at 1472 UD and 442 DD at 30% wt loss.

1472 doesn't sound like much i am 5'1, 108.6 pounds, 40 yrs old, and am a lazy bum

how realistic is it to lose 3-4 pounds using 1472/442 and how long do you think it may take? and after i meet goal- do i do the maintenance calculations? i ask this because i maintained in P3 at 1400 calories daily.

also- if i gained more than 2 pounds after an UD, do i do a correction day?

thanks! you guys are a great bunch (been lurking here for a while)
Hi junkn

I'm not seasoned enough to be able to answer your questions yet...but wanted to tell you what I'm doing.

I reached my 175 goal(tentative) on hHCG last week...ended at 175.8. I chose to do a 3-day FF on LDW day & the 2 VLC days...worked beautifully. I usually gain a few lbs. in early P3...then panic...and run back in to another round of HCG Because I have reached goal more or less, that option wasn't available, plus my body was in need of some proper nutrition. I have been on LC JUDDD for my P3...since Monday...except for yesterday...I had some small bites of carby items & I had a scoop of ice cream my 1st UD. So far, I am maintaining wonderfully. Yesterday, I was 174.0 (-1.8 below LDW), today I am 175.0(-.8 below LDW)...exactly my goal I'm sure I will have some sort of loss in the morning. My hands & feet seem to be losing some water retention today. On Monday, I am going to start on regular JUDDD...which is one week of P3. I am hearing other HCGers having wonderful success w/o having to do LC JUDDD. I am torn on whether or not to return to HCG or continue on JUDDD after the New Year. I am finding that I may be able to still lose more fat...I have a ton of skin issues that will not go away w/o surgery...this past week...a lot of my back fat has disappeared along w/ a lot of thigh fat...so I think I am starting to lose some really "tough" fat now. So...maybe 10-15 more lbs. should do me good, but not until after the holidays.

As far as your calorie stats...the UD seems low, but you are pretty tiny & short...and if you're doing 1400 in P3...you are pretty much on track...it's the DD's which work the magic. My DD is 368 (251 has been my lowest...just wasn't hungry) & UD is 1841 (1615 has been my highest). And remember...the scale will not particularly show little by little downward losses. More like a small gain (+.4 for me) after UD, then (-1.4 for me) a bigger loss after DD...then it repeats slowly going down.

To lose...I would stay with them, and then afterwards, adjust according to maintenance. And I am another one who does NOT lose on 1200 calories...always has to be below So, I was skeptical last week when I was trying to reach 1800...& managed to do 1600. But, it WORKS!!!! By Monday, I'm thinking I should have a net loss of 2-3 lbs.

I would not do a correction day...I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised...DD's are already kinda like a correction day. Once I start regular JUDDD on Monday, I am not going to technically label myself in P3 any longer.

I know that what I am doing is NOT Simeons' HCG protocol, but I have found that my body does not always want to follow the "rules" of HCG...so I tweak it a bit. Besides, there are countless stories of HCGers having really tough times in P3/P4, and having to run back to other rounds. I want to avoid that vicious cycle...and am willing to experiment a bit! if I find this does not work for me...HCG will be there for me!

ENJOY!!! You're gonna love it!!!!

Angela in TX~170.4 lbs.
LDW=175.6
New goal----->170ish
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

hi angela! thanks for the reply! i am excited about juddd and looking forward to seeing how it works.

i am very glad to read that you have had success with your transition off hhcg. even though it might not be protocol- its what works for YOU and thats what matters
Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

i lost 1.2 pounds after my first DD. i know its going to bounce but it was still nice to see

and today- i woke up excited that its an UD how funny is that!

also- yesterday's DD wasn't too bad at all. i actually skipped dinner.

do you have to stick with the minimum calories for a DD or is it okay to be under?
Old 11-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Your numbers sound correct. Us shorties don't get to eat as much as our taller buds. I'm not totally sure what a correction day is but we don't have that in JUDDD so you don't have to do it, what ever it is. The bounce happens. My trend has always been downward, but I've got weight to lose. You seem to be quite thin already, but you should lose if your calculator numbers are set for weight loss mode. I keep DDs under 200. Yesterday's was 128. I have a little room to eat a bit more on an UD if I wish, but mostly do it, because the JUDDD magic is amplified if I keep lower DDs.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html

Last edited by Carly; 11-24-2012 at 06:59 AM..
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I haven't done HCG, so take my answers with a grain of salt. You do NOT need to do correction days (I've seen this from people who have done HCG) on JUDDD. The down days are correction enough.

If you want to go lower on DDs, there's no problem with that. I'm often under, but I try to eat very well on my UDs and get close to my UD calories. Dr. Johnson said a full fast would be optimal, but realized most of us wouldn't do that regularly, so that's why some calories are allowed. Part of the JUDDD magic and freedom comes from finding what works for you. Each of us is so different. You'll see JUDDDers who fast completely, who hit right at their DD numbers, and who go over regularly and still lose. Some need more than the calculator gives on both days, some need less, etc. It's so very customizable.

I actually find I lose about the same if I have 600 calorie DDs as I do when they're around 200. For some reason, I often stay between 200-400 calories, just because it's comfortable for me, but I know I can have more if I need it. I do find, if I'm too low on UDs, I'll stall or my loss will really slow down. I also can't eat over on UDs or I stall or slow down.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

thanks for the replies carly and dawn! you both are so cute in your avatars!

i think i will stick to not fasting on DD because i need to have cream in coffee and munch on something throughout the day.

really am excited to see how this pans out!