Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Fitbit?

Does anyone have a fitbit or similar device? Your thoughts? I'm thinking about asking for one for Christmas but would like to hear some first-hand experiences before I decide which one to get.

I do like the sleep tracker option on the fitbit.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: route66
Stats: 160/<145/141
WOE: IF Combo - 6:1 & 16/8ish
Start Date: Oct 2012
I had a fitbit for a month and then returned it. It was a fun gadget. I saw what my cal expenditure is (really close to the JUDD calculator by the way...). I was motivated to "take more steps". I got a great idea of how many cals I burned playing tennis (in line with what most exercise calculators determine...)

But after a few weeks of the device saying the SAME THING, I got bored with wearing it - I didn't need it to know what my expenditure was and it was kind of a hassle to remember to put it on and keep track of it!!

The sleep thing is a little overrated as basically the technology of the fitbit is an accelerometer (the thing in the iphone that allows you to flip the screen from vertical to horizontal) so it only measures movement, not the quality of your sleep. You put the Fitbit in "sleep mode" so it doesn't count cals, all it does is track movement - if you get up a lot or are restless in your sleep and your arm moves, you will get a spike on your graph. But you probably know when you do that and don't need a device to tell you that...??

Anyway, it was TOTALLY fun for a few weeks. Worth $100? Meh...YMMV
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: WW Diva!
Start Date: May 20, 2014
I don't have a fitbit, but I have a Polar HRM. Since I do more "movement" exercise (kickboxing, pilates, weight class), tracking steps isn't something I really need to do. But I'm with you on that sleep thing - I wanted to get it just for that because I know my sleep is terrible.

Edit - I have runkeeper on my phone - that is good for a pedometer type thing. Oh and it's free
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
All valid concerns and things I was thinking about R66.

I also have a Polar HRM and I understand it's more accurate than the Fitbit. I would still use it for exercise, and would still log my foods into my online tracker rather than the fitbit one. I'm beginning to think it's not worth it.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote