Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Crazy PreK Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 791
Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Just beginning...how to handle the UD's?

(This is a double post...I also asked in the Newbie thread.)

Hoping all of you can help me out there...

I am on Day 2...DD yesterday, UD today. I have recently reached my goal & need to maintain.

Yesterday was a breeze...410 calories...was not hungry...ate every few hours.

Today...I am having a hard time so far...definitely NOT hungry! I have managed to get 1053 cal. out of 1841, and still have dinner to go. I have been trying to eat some pretty fatty items to get the count up.

How crucial is it to reach the 1841 cal.? What is the lowest amount of cal. to eat in order to succeed. I feel like I have pigged out today...I know I haven't...but I am coming off of HCG, so anything more than 500 is a lot...lol. I prefer to not eat too much sugar/starch. I tend to do well on high fat/LC.

I know it is a head-game...I feel like I will be gaining 10 lbs. by tomorrow instead of STS

What should I expect tomorrow coming off of an UD? I certainly know it will not be a loss or STS...lol. How long does it take to see the effect of STS or a loss?

Sorry...this is a TON of questions!!!!
__________________

Angela in TX~170.4 lbs.
LDW=175.6
New goal----->170ish
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 15,170
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
It's not crucial that you hit your UD calories, though it is recommended to at least get within a couple hundred. I stall if I don't eat enough on UDs. It's all a learning process, though. You may do fine with less as long as the spread between your UD and DD calories is sufficient.

I also don't know how coming off of HCG affects people, so it could be different with your particular set of circumstances.

As far as what to expect tomorrow, it varies so greatly. I'm all over the place. Sometimes I gain after a DD and lose after an UD, sometimes it's switched, and sometimes I'll go days at the same weight.

Carly mentioned on the other thread that she was going to link to some older threads about the bounce. I think it may be helpful for you.
__________________
Dawn

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
Crazy PreK Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 791
Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
It's not crucial that you hit your UD calories, though it is recommended to at least get within a couple hundred. I stall if I don't eat enough on UDs. It's all a learning process, though. You may do fine with less as long as the spread between your UD and DD calories is sufficient.

I also don't know how coming off of HCG affects people, so it could be different with your particular set of circumstances.

As far as what to expect tomorrow, it varies so greatly. I'm all over the place. Sometimes I gain after a DD and lose after an UD, sometimes it's switched, and sometimes I'll go days at the same weight.

Carly mentioned on the other thread that she was going to link to some older threads about the bounce. I think it may be helpful for you.

Thanks dawn!!! This helps a lot. I was just wondering what to expect. I just wasn't sure about the max calories...it seems so crazy...lol...to needing to make sure you are eating enough...usually the other way around. I figure that w/i the next few rotations & weeks to come...my appetite should balance out.

I did read over her thread...it shows quite a bit of bouncing...which is reassuring in a weird way I was thinking tomorrow would be disastrous

Thanks again!!!
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
 
cici52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,767
Gallery: cici52
What is STS?
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
Rayne_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Western WA>>Eastern Indiana
Posts: 804
Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
What is STS?
Had to think about that one for a bit...I think it's 'staying the same'.
Rayne_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
calichris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,984
Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
cici - STS = stayed the same. I think it's a common abbreviation over in HCG-land ... We don't have a lot of STS on JUDDD!

And on that point ... Angela, I agree with Dawn on the calories. You're still adjusting from HCG so it might take a while, but it does good things for your metabolism to get close. Do expect some kind of bounce up after up days, and don't worry about it even one little bit. Although everyone is different, most people bounce up. It makes sense, right? You're having more calories, volume, carbs, fiber, sodium, everything on up days. Everyone's different ... my typical bounce is 1-3 pounds between down days and up days, but the bounces trend downward, unevenly and randomly.

Last edited by calichris; 11-20-2012 at 06:23 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,950
Gallery: DesertGurl
"the bounce" has become a morning giggle for me. I swing wildly anywhere from 2-4 pounds either way sometimes.. but the trend is downward. I used to be one of those people that could not weigh daily(when I was doing strict lc) becuase I would let it get me down to the point of tears...now, I don't mind....when I think that I'm dieting only half the time and enjoying every moment, that relief is worth the fluctuation to me..I may be a total dork in my rationale but it works for me

Hang in there and just keep the faith in your rotations..it does work!!
__________________
Danielle

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥



"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
Crazy PreK Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 791
Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
cici - STS = stayed the same. I think it's a common abbreviation over in HCG-land ... We don't have a lot of STS on JUDDD!

And on that point ... Angela, I agree with Dawn on the calories. You're still adjusting from HCG so it might take a while, but it does good things for your metabolism to get close. Do expect some kind of bounce up after up days, and don't worry about it even one little bit. Although everyone is different, most people bounce up. It makes sense, right? You're having more calories, volume, carbs, fiber, sodium, everything on up days. Everyone's different ... my typical bounce is 1-3 pounds between down days and up days, but the bounces trend downward, unevenly and randomly.
TY Christina! I managed to get in 1621 calories...bur I am stuffed! Looking forward to tomorrow...I may try to do very, very low calories tomorrow...possibly a total fast...so I can enjoy T-giving somewhat better than today.

Thanks again!
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,285
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Christina I love your new avi!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
calichris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,984
Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Thanks Carly! This is a favorite spot, but the last time I was in a photo here I was doing the camouflage thing and standing behind my husband and son. All you could see was my head! It's was pretty ridiculous. I am starting to see the difference in photos, which makes me
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:51 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,212
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Christina, what a beautiful thing it is to come out of hiding for photos.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 25,285
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Angela--I will post this again. You are in P3, so please do NOT eat sugar or starch!!! You still have to follow Simeon's rules of no sugar/no starch for 3 weeks. You will do fine as long as you stick to the rules!!!!! Good on ya!!! Feels kind of "different"/weird to be eating instead of restricting huh?
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member
 
Crazy PreK Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 791
Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Angela--I will post this again. You are in P3, so please do NOT eat sugar or starch!!! You still have to follow Simeon's rules of no sugar/no starch for 3 weeks. You will do fine as long as you stick to the rules!!!!! Good on ya!!! Feels kind of "different"/weird to be eating instead of restricting huh?
Hi Dawn

Yes...it is definitely weird/strange...especially yesterday...I thought I had to eat all the way up to my UD's calories. I was trying hard, but just couldn't do any more meat/fatty things. I did eat a scoop of ice cream last night...it wasn't S/F...had 8 sugars

I know that there are others who have gone on to JUDDD after P3...I'm wondering how they have done...maintenance-wise...and whether they continued P4/LC, or have they moved on to everything, including carbs.

You know how I am...I always have to be prepared ahead of time I always gather tons of info & experiences before I can start something.

TTYL
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Lil Donna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8,443
Gallery: Lil Donna
Stats: 165.2 (highest) 150.2 (11/30/13)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Low carb started again on 11/14/13
I had a week of P3 and then went to JUDDD. Not to discourage you but I have been maintaining my last HCG weight for the past 4 weeks. I have done 400 calorie DDs and whatever on UDs. I have not counted UD. (that could be my problem). I have just been going from 145 on UDs and down to 143 on DDs.
I did eat carbs and sugar (that could also be my problem). I have had very strict rotations. I was thrilled at maintaining but I am not good at P3 and normally gain, do a correction day, lose and then gain again. At least now I am maintaining!
However, I jumped on the scale this morning after an UD when I normally weigh 145 lbs and I weighed 142 I'm hoping that the SIRT gene finally kicked in! I am trying not to get too excited.

I did introduce Resveratrol and a multi vitamin in this week so maybe that helped.
I just want you not to panic over the bounce on the scale. It will bounce but it will bounce right back. I hope you have better luck than I have these past 4 weeks. GOOD LUCK!!
Lil Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member
 
Crazy PreK Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 791
Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Donna View Post
I had a week of P3 and then went to JUDDD. Not to discourage you but I have been maintaining my last HCG weight for the past 4 weeks. I have done 400 calorie DDs and whatever on UDs. I have not counted UD. (that could be my problem). I have just been going from 145 on UDs and down to 143 on DDs.
I did eat carbs and sugar (that could also be my problem). I have had very strict rotations. I was thrilled at maintaining but I am not good at P3 and normally gain, do a correction day, lose and then gain again. At least now I am maintaining!
However, I jumped on the scale this morning after an UD when I normally weigh 145 lbs and I weighed 142 I'm hoping that the SIRT gene finally kicked in! I am trying not to get too excited.

I did introduce Resveratrol and a multi vitamin in this week so maybe that helped.
I just want you not to panic over the bounce on the scale. It will bounce but it will bounce right back. I hope you have better luck than I have these past 4 weeks. GOOD LUCK!!
Thanks Donna...good info. I think I am going to finish out this week doing the LC JUDDD-P3 style, then Monday, experiment w/ regular JUDDD. Several people have had fabulous results maintaining.

Thanks again!!!!
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,166
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Thanks Carly! This is a favorite spot, but the last time I was in a photo here I was doing the camouflage thing and standing behind my husband and son. All you could see was my head! It's was pretty ridiculous. I am starting to see the difference in photos, which makes me
That's wonderful! I agree that you look great in your Avi! I am looking forward to seeing a difference in my photos too. The hiding thingy never really worked, did it? And, of course, it looked so natural!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member
 
garnet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 964
Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
I was doing very well, maintaining my hcg weight loss by eating mostly no starch or sugar during the week, then allowing myself to have pasta and bread one day per week. Then I decided I needed to lose the last 10 pounds, started JUDDD after finding myself unable to do another round of hcg; but for me, adding in carbs on my Up days was really dangerous--it was a slippery slope into craving more and not being able to stop. I could do the down days no problem but the Up days became a free-for-all.

So with the wrong mind-set, I have actually gained weight trying to do JUDDD!

I have actually had to rethink how I look at "up" days. I no longer call them up days, but "regular" days, so that I don't use them to eat all the things I've ever wanted to during the years of deprivation.

And as much as I hate, hate, hate counting calories, and hate the thought of planning my next day's "up" meal, I have learned the hard way I really have to do it. I keep my down days simple by keeping them the same--it's just less "work" for me not to have to plan yet another day's meals.

And I've learned a valuable lesson here--that without conscious eating it is very, very easy for me to gain weight again. Now instead of 7 pounds to lose, I have 20 pounds to lose.
__________________
garnet10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member
 
junkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Gallery: junkn
Stats: 138/107/105
coconut oil, butter- two things thats so easily used to up calories without volume. bulletproof coffee with both= yum!

i have no problems getting in calories on UD
junkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member
 
Crazy PreK Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 791
Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet10 View Post
I was doing very well, maintaining my hcg weight loss by eating mostly no starch or sugar during the week, then allowing myself to have pasta and bread one day per week. Then I decided I needed to lose the last 10 pounds, started JUDDD after finding myself unable to do another round of hcg; but for me, adding in carbs on my Up days was really dangerous--it was a slippery slope into craving more and not being able to stop. I could do the down days no problem but the Up days became a free-for-all.

So with the wrong mind-set, I have actually gained weight trying to do JUDDD!

I have actually had to rethink how I look at "up" days. I no longer call them up days, but "regular" days, so that I don't use them to eat all the things I've ever wanted to during the years of deprivation.

And as much as I hate, hate, hate counting calories, and hate the thought of planning my next day's "up" meal, I have learned the hard way I really have to do it. I keep my down days simple by keeping them the same--it's just less "work" for me not to have to plan yet another day's meals.

And I've learned a valuable lesson here--that without conscious eating it is very, very easy for me to gain weight again. Now instead of 7 pounds to lose, I have 20 pounds to lose.
Thank you garnet10 for posting this. Carbs and I are not friends...normally! So I am a little leery about adding more carbs starting tomorrow. I want to add some things: a banana here & there, LC bread/pitas for a sandwich, corn tortillas, etc. I want to be able to have some fruits this coming summer...I love watermelon, cantalope, pineapple.

So far, my UD's have been okay...but they seem to be getting easier & easier to reach the allotted calories (at first it was not!)...which does worry me. I find that even with LC, if I add in breakfast (fried eggs, bacon, sausage, LC toast, butter, etc.) I've already reached 1/3 or more calories for the day...I'd rather hold off until lunch/dinner/after dinner snacks, etc....when I am most wanting to eat. I return back to work this week so it is much easier to do...sitting at home makes me think of eating too much So, I see where it could become a free-for-all. Also...my mind has been so set on LC...that I forget that I must measure & calculate my food...especially cheeses, salad dressings & mayonnaise...on LC...I never measured...just pour it on...no worries BUT 20,000+ calories later

As far as gaining...is it from too many calories? too many carbs? or a combo of both? was it while on JUDDD, or NOT sticking to JUDDD 100%? Right now...I am maintaining well...hovering right around 174-175 even after big UD's...and after a Thanksgiving...let's just say I had FUN eating!!! But I'm thinking that to be in weight loss mode...I am going to have to really scale back on the calories. I normally gain on 1200+ calories...so I am a little out of the norm anyway. Long story...lots of dieting, WLS, lost to goal 2X, gained several times, lost some again several times, etc...the list goes on & on. The only thing I lose on is strict LC slowly or hHCG quickly. Even if I do not lose on JUDDD...maintenance is the key for me...I can lose weight easily...it's keeping it off for a lifetime is where I fail miserably. My plan is to lose 10-15 more lbs. in January via one more round of hHCG...then back to JUDDD to forever maintain.

I keep my DD's simple and most of the time the same, just for easier planning. I'm still experimenting to see what I like to eat on those days, though. Oddly enough, that's what I love on hHCG...I pretty much knew what I was having at every meal...easy grocery shopping, easy lunch packing, easy meal preps at one time.

I hope you can get a reign on conscious eating again. It is so hard to get back on track. Perhaps you can just maintain through the holidays w/ JUDDD, then work on losing after the New Year. Extreme dieting through the holidays for me is pretty much torture and sets me up for failure. This year, if I maintain my 175ish range until the New Year...that will be EPIC...I always gain 10+ lbs. over the holidays...no kidding!!!!

Keep us informed of how you're doing...YOU CAN DO IT!!!! We'll coax you along

Have a great SUNDAY!!!
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #20
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,442
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet10 View Post
I was doing very well, maintaining my hcg weight loss by eating mostly no starch or sugar during the week, then allowing myself to have pasta and bread one day per week. Then I decided I needed to lose the last 10 pounds, started JUDDD after finding myself unable to do another round of hcg; but for me, adding in carbs on my Up days was really dangerous--it was a slippery slope into craving more and not being able to stop. I could do the down days no problem but the Up days became a free-for-all.

So with the wrong mind-set, I have actually gained weight trying to do JUDDD!

I have actually had to rethink how I look at "up" days. I no longer call them up days, but "regular" days, so that I don't use them to eat all the things I've ever wanted to during the years of deprivation.

And as much as I hate, hate, hate counting calories, and hate the thought of planning my next day's "up" meal, I have learned the hard way I really have to do it. I keep my down days simple by keeping them the same--it's just less "work" for me not to have to plan yet another day's meals.

And I've learned a valuable lesson here--that without conscious eating it is very, very easy for me to gain weight again. Now instead of 7 pounds to lose, I have 20 pounds to lose.
You're doing this right, by planning, and thinking it through, and realizing what it was that set you back. I know it must be frustrating to have to re-lose those same pounds, but you can do it. I'm not too wild about having to count these calories either, but if I don't I won't succeed. And right now, this little inconvenience is the way it has to be so I can lose this weight.

You may find, after JUDDDing for a longer period of time, that adding back carbs won't be an issue for you. That's what I'm hoping for myself too. I never want to go back to "high carb" standard American diet, but I want to be able to have a slice of bread, or a hamburger, or some dessert, and not have to agonise over it. Hang in there! We're in this together!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member
 
garnet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 964
Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy PreK Teacher View Post
Thank you garnet10 for posting this. Carbs and I are not friends...normally! So I am a little leery about adding more carbs starting tomorrow. I want to add some things: a banana here & there, LC bread/pitas for a sandwich, corn tortillas, etc. I want to be able to have some fruits this coming summer...I love watermelon, cantalope, pineapple.

So far, my UD's have been okay...but they seem to be getting easier & easier to reach the allotted calories (at first it was not!)...which does worry me. I find that even with LC, if I add in breakfast (fried eggs, bacon, sausage, LC toast, butter, etc.) I've already reached 1/3 or more calories for the day...I'd rather hold off until lunch/dinner/after dinner snacks, etc....when I am most wanting to eat. I return back to work this week so it is much easier to do...sitting at home makes me think of eating too much So, I see where it could become a free-for-all. Also...my mind has been so set on LC...that I forget that I must measure & calculate my food...especially cheeses, salad dressings & mayonnaise...on LC...I never measured...just pour it on...no worries BUT 20,000+ calories later

As far as gaining...is it from too many calories? too many carbs? or a combo of both? was it while on JUDDD, or NOT sticking to JUDDD 100%? Right now...I am maintaining well...hovering right around 174-175 even after big UD's...and after a Thanksgiving...let's just say I had FUN eating!!! But I'm thinking that to be in weight loss mode...I am going to have to really scale back on the calories. I normally gain on 1200+ calories...so I am a little out of the norm anyway. Long story...lots of dieting, WLS, lost to goal 2X, gained several times, lost some again several times, etc...the list goes on & on. The only thing I lose on is strict LC slowly or hHCG quickly. Even if I do not lose on JUDDD...maintenance is the key for me...I can lose weight easily...it's keeping it off for a lifetime is where I fail miserably. My plan is to lose 10-15 more lbs. in January via one more round of hHCG...then back to JUDDD to forever maintain.

I keep my DD's simple and most of the time the same, just for easier planning. I'm still experimenting to see what I like to eat on those days, though. Oddly enough, that's what I love on hHCG...I pretty much knew what I was having at every meal...easy grocery shopping, easy lunch packing, easy meal preps at one time.

I hope you can get a reign on conscious eating again. It is so hard to get back on track. Perhaps you can just maintain through the holidays w/ JUDDD, then work on losing after the New Year. Extreme dieting through the holidays for me is pretty much torture and sets me up for failure. This year, if I maintain my 175ish range until the New Year...that will be EPIC...I always gain 10+ lbs. over the holidays...no kidding!!!!

Keep us informed of how you're doing...YOU CAN DO IT!!!! We'll coax you along

Have a great SUNDAY!!!
Crazy PreK Teacher, I found JUDDD very confusing because when I was eating no starch/no sugar (like P3) I was able to eat A LOT of calories. 1) I found it difficult to reduce my calorie intake on the Up days to my allotted number of calories, and 2) I started adding in starches on my Up days and found it made me very hungry/brought back cravings. So I definitely ate way too many calories on the Up days. Previously I would only indulge in bread or pasta if I went out to eat--once I allowed myself to have it at home, I couldn't stop myself. How bizarre and frustrating to have maintained for so long and then gain because I could not follow the calorie plan correctly. At the very least I have learned I cannot indulge in starches/sugar on every Up day.

I hope you do well through the holidays, too! I am going to start a down day tomorrow (yet again), and start the calorie counting thing again.

Thank you so much for your response. I apologize for hijacking your thread and appreciate your support!


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
You're doing this right, by planning, and thinking it through, and realizing what it was that set you back. I know it must be frustrating to have to re-lose those same pounds, but you can do it. I'm not too wild about having to count these calories either, but if I don't I won't succeed. And right now, this little inconvenience is the way it has to be so I can lose this weight.

You may find, after JUDDDing for a longer period of time, that adding back carbs won't be an issue for you. That's what I'm hoping for myself too. I never want to go back to "high carb" standard American diet, but I want to be able to have a slice of bread, or a hamburger, or some dessert, and not have to agonise over it. Hang in there! We're in this together!
Thanks, LoCarbGal! I really did best when I only indulged in bread, pasta, dessert, etc. no more than once a week. I just can't seem to handle being able to have a sandwich, for example, daily. I really thought I was "over" having disordered eating, but I see now that anything made with flour or sugar really doesn't work for me, even on an every other day basis.

I think you will be able to enjoy those things! I did enjoy them, but for me, it cannot be daily or even every other day. Thank you for your support--not posting here is another reason I keep slipping.
garnet10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #22
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 19,046
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Garnet, I am sorry you no find yourself with more to lose, but now you have a plan and know how to make it work.

It is funny how coming here helps keep us on the straight and narrow. You know that if you had posed a question we'd all have chipped in to help.

So glad you are back here and on the journey.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,166
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Garnet, how long have been doing JUDDD? Someone told me yesterday, and I thought it was wise, that it's natural to go a little crazy with the carbs after leaving the LC WOE, at first. It will balance out and you will start craving more lowish carb veggies and fruits, etc. I've only been doing this WOE for 2 weeks, and not sure how long you have been.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member
 
garnet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 964
Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Garnet, I am sorry you no find yourself with more to lose, but now you have a plan and know how to make it work.

It is funny how coming here helps keep us on the straight and narrow. You know that if you had posed a question we'd all have chipped in to help.

So glad you are back here and on the journey.
Thanks, Kissa. I'm going to make the effort to post here daily--it will keep me honest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Garnet, how long have been doing JUDDD? Someone told me yesterday, and I thought it was wise, that it's natural to go a little crazy with the carbs after leaving the LC WOE, at first. It will balance out and you will start craving more lowish carb veggies and fruits, etc. I've only been doing this WOE for 2 weeks, and not sure how long you have been.
I tried starting JUDDD way back in August. I was doing well for the first couple of weeks, then it fell apart. Then I spent several weeks restarting it over and over and continually screwing up the "up" days. I have no problem with the down days.

I realize where I have been repetitively failing, is that I can't eat flour products every other day. I really do best eating mostly paleo style, saving bread/pasta/etc. for a planned one day per week and only when I'm out.

It's ironic that trying a new weight loss regimen led to an 11 pound weight gain. I was stable at 130 for almost a year, wanted to lose 10 more pounds, found I could not do another round of hcg (just could not do it, even though I had done 5 rounds with ease), decided to try JUDDD, and then miserably failed at it. I think this is such a great way to lose weight, I don't know why I continually sabotage myself. But I'm going to get back to eating the way I did before JUDDD, basically meats and vegetables and salads and green protein shakes on the up days, saving bread/pasta for when I'm eating out. I had thought that whole flour/sugar addiction was gone, but apparently it is not.
garnet10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.