Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 AM   #1
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Turkey Day is almost hear-what's your plan?

Tomorrow officially kicks off the holiday eating for me, as we're bringing my husband's grandma out to a meal (either breakfast or supper). Then Thursday is a big meal at the in-laws, Friday hubby is off of work and we'll probably go out, and then Saturday we have another family get together. And then our weekly lunch at the in-laws on Sunday to wrap things up I'm wondering if I should just plan on doing a few UD/MDs in a row, to get through the next few days? I want to have a plan of action going into it though, so I don't go crazy and eat a whole pumpkin pie or something along those lines

What's your plan for the rest of the week? Are you sticking with rotations or relaxing the schedule a bit for the holiday week?
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I changed my rotations so that Thanksgiving falls on an UD. Today's going to be a regular UD, tomorrow a DD, then Thursday is a regular UD. DH is still on mush right now, so Thanksgiving day is not going to be a big deal. I actually got a tofu turkey and stuffing from Trader Joe's to try. I figure you have to try everything once, right?

Friday will be a regular DD, then Saturday we'll be heading to MIL's house at the coast. She always does a big Thanksgiving spread the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I changed my rotations so that Thanksgiving falls on an UD. Today's going to be a regular UD, tomorrow a DD, then Thursday is a regular UD. DH is still on mush right now, so Thanksgiving day is not going to be a big deal. I actually got a tofu turkey and stuffing from Trader Joe's to try. I figure you have to try everything once, right?

Friday will be a regular DD, then Saturday we'll be heading to MIL's house at the coast. She always does a big Thanksgiving spread the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
You have to let us know how the turkey turns out
Old 11-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Umm ahhh, yea, I don't know yet! I'm going to try sticking with normal rotations since this is only my 2nd week. T-day is an UD and I'm having thanksgiving at my house. SO, I will be doing all of the cooking. It outta be interesting! Since my kids and hubby are home for a long weekend (starts tomorrow w/ 1/2 day for them), it may be a bit challenging, but then again, maybe not. It's an UD today and I'm not ridiculously hungry or anything. Maybe it won't be a big deal at all! <crossing fingers>
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I also switched my rotations with a MD on Saturday so that Thursday can be a big UD. I'm going to allow for Thursday and Friday to be 2 UDs in a row (my first!) and then back to normal rotations. And those two UDs will likely be very high UDs, if not UUADs. I'll try and eat really, really lightly until dinner time so I can have all the wine and dinner fixings, then more wine with pumpkin pie for dessert. I'm hungry for it already! Good thing today is an UD. DD Wednesday will be tough, as I'll start cooking some of the dishes that can be done ahead.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #6
Established

silly question-what does UUAD stand for?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:33 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
silly question-what does UUAD stand for?
Up, up, and away day, aka going off the rails.

Right now Thanksgiving is an up for me. I may do a medium Friday if I take my daughter to NYC for the day.

Last edited by mttemple4; 11-20-2012 at 06:36 AM..
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Not silly at all - I had the same question when I first saw it. It means Up Up and Away Day, meaning you blew past your UD calories, and maybe then some!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HellInYourEyes
Stats: 165.6/165.6/100
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 10/28/2013
We are staying home and having a "relaxed" Thanksgiving. We're getting 2 precooked rotisserie chickens and having corn on the cob, pumpkin pie, and salad. My husband has almost all of this week off, so we're just gonna chill at home.

I am going to try to keep my rotations, but if I go over I'll just increase my workout. No biggie
HellInYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #10

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
I had a great DD yesterday, normal UD today, plan to have a normal DD tomorrow. Then Thanksgiving will be an UD but Friday/Saturday/sunday will not be DD's. I plan to have a really good DD again on Monday! Thanksgiving will be high, but Fri/Sun I plan mid type days with Saturday being an UD! Life is meant to be enjoyed and now, thanks to JUDDD I can do just that ! We will be at my Mom's, so I will enjoy it all!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
I am nervous about all the holiday eating coming up as well. I have not JUDDDed over this season before and am hopeful that all will go well as this has always been a time of year that I gain lots of weight. I have had success with back to back must have dinners by fasting all day before both dinners and trying to go lighter on the dinner that is on my DD, making this day a higher percentage DD. It works really well if the second dinner is the UD as then I can go right back into a low calorie DD the following day. This sounds confusing even to me when I read it! There was someone here that used to post that these social occasions are about the people not the food. I am going to try to keep this in mind as well and try to focus on that this season. I think for me it is also about all of the food!! So grateful I have JUDDD and all of the great people on this board to help each other through this!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Avoid mindless nibbling. If it does not taste special, take a token bite and move on to something that does taste delicious. Eat as much as I want of the good stuff but pay attention to how full I feel and stop (or take a break) when it is time to do so. Concentrate on friends and family and the fun that exists beyond food. But, really enjoy the food and don't count or worry about calories.

For me, the most important thing is to know when my next DD is going to be...and make it a good one.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
great points Nancy! I think I am going to try to watch the calories but I will enjoy and savour everyone of them! I can seriously pack on the pounds during Christmas...
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
I'm debating

I changed my rotations this week so that Thanksgiving will fall on an Up Day.

I intend to keep to rotations throughout the weekend.

What I do not intend to do is count anything on Thanksgiving Day. It is going to be a total feast--an excessive orgy of family and food--and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

Then I'll starve the next day.

I love JUDDD!!!

(I was debating but somehow made up my mind while writing the post.)
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I'm trying to keep my up day today reasonable, and tomorrow is down. Thanksgiving is a free for all. I am only making things we really love, no filler. The only sweet son wants is now a caramel apple, so I am going to cook up some caramel and fill two honeycrisp halves, chill and slice. Homemade marshmallows on the sweet potatoes are enough for me. Craving salt! Friday is down so no biggie. Leftover turkey is easy.

Last edited by b_lou_who; 11-20-2012 at 07:39 AM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Quiet day at home, just me and the hubbs and the 2 girls. DS isn't coming home from school, first holiday with him gone...gonna try and not be sad but maaaaannnnn, that's my boy! Switched my rotations to have TG fall on an UD and praying that Friday can stick to a MD and not another UD.. First time in a VERY long time that I will enjoy the holidays and not spend it feeling guilty about dieting, weight, or what I'm eating.
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #17
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Avoid mindless nibbling. If it does not taste special, take a token bite and move on to something that does taste delicious. Eat as much as I want of the good stuff but pay attention to how full I feel and stop (or take a break) when it is time to do so. Concentrate on friends and family and the fun that exists beyond food. But, really enjoy the food and don't count or worry about calories.

For me, the most important thing is to know when my next DD is going to be...and make it a good one.
Great post!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Thanksgiving will be an UD for us, definitely, but I'm only making what we love. Will be doing my usual butter-and-white-wine basted turkey, but of a much smaller bird; a whole-wheat version of veggie-heavy stuffing; DD insists on mashed potatoes, so that will be a challenge not to indulge in (too much); DH's cheese ball; made-from-scratch green bean casserole; my praline-topped roasted sweet potatoes (another 'danger' food, but DH insists); roasted brussels sprouts; and pumpkin pie.

Lots of leftovers to share with DH's family, for sure.

Major DD the next day (which shouldn't be difficult, being that I'll be in a hyperglycemic coma), probably a MD on Saturday.

I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
--Lily Tomlin

The Quest: Toward Spark-Free Thighs!!

The Blog

Last edited by Rayne_W; 11-20-2012 at 08:55 AM..
Rayne_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
20 Weeks on JUDDD -- Early Edition!

<<deleted>>

Last edited by stephdray; 11-20-2012 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: Wrong post
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
HELP

I'm really stressed as I have to cook for about 25-30 people (including children). Just got back on the Juddd wagon last Wednesday with several failed attempts...I know my goal for this year was just not to gain weight through the Holidays, but I am doing well with the rotations...Thursday will be a DD for me and I should have switched up my daily rotation earlier...I have to begin preparing some of the things today a DD...I am afraid of the tasting... I HAVE TO TASTE EVERYTHING because of the quantity I have to cook. One taste of the macaroni salad is probably 100 calories...

Weigh-in is tomorrow...I haven't weighed my self since 10/20 after my last failed attempt at Juddd and suprisingly it was good(no loss or gain AMAZING). But between Oct and now I'm not so sure...I must have eaten a couple of packages of cookies because of that SS Sandy.

Maybe I can make my final DD today and just (sorry) spit out the food when I taste it. Like the wine or coffee tasters do. How much to you think will be absorbed. I have to eat my entire meal at night on a DD...

Am I worried about nothing... Is any one else stressed...???

I have to find my Rescue Remedy...

-------
MERE
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
Thanksgiving naturally falls on UD for me Didn't have to use MD. Not sure what we are going to do, DH and I both have to work. But we both have early shifts
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #22
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyPants View Post

I'm really stressed as I have to cook for about 25-30 people (including children). Just got back on the Juddd wagon last Wednesday with several failed attempts...I know my goal for this year was just not to gain weight through the Holidays, but I am doing well with the rotations...Thursday will be a DD for me and I should have switched up my daily rotation earlier...I have to begin preparing some of the things today a DD...I am afraid of the tasting... I HAVE TO TASTE EVERYTHING because of the quantity I have to cook. One taste of the macaroni salad is probably 100 calories...

Weigh-in is tomorrow...I haven't weighed my self since 10/20 after my last failed attempt at Juddd and suprisingly it was good(no loss or gain AMAZING). But between Oct and now I'm not so sure...I must have eaten a couple of packages of cookies because of that SS Sandy.

Maybe I can make my final DD today and just (sorry) spit out the food when I taste it. Like the wine or coffee tasters do. How much to you think will be absorbed. I have to eat my entire meal at night on a DD...

Am I worried about nothing... Is any one else stressed...???

I have to find my Rescue Remedy...

-------
MERE
That would be tough, being the maker of the food-I can't have food scented candles burning on my DD's because it triggers hunger
Old 11-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Mere take a deep breath and release the stress. Take small samples and spit them out if you want to.

Your rotations are going to be disrupted. No Big Deal. Life happens. JUDDD is designed for living.

Deep breath again. Think calming thoughts. Kittens playing in sun dappled fields ... stalking birds, climbing trees and getting stuck, crying for rescue ... maybe puppies would be a more soothing image.

Realistically, when can you return to your rotation? That is the most important part. Will Friday work for you? Is Saturday better? Think about it. Plan it. Do it. You can do it. You can return to your rotations and a few DDs will burn away the holiday and your weight loss will resume. It really will.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Mere, you'll be okay. Just do what feels right. Whether that's tasting and spitting, or just relaxing and tasting today, for a high DD or even MD. I hate that you are putting yourself through this stress. It's enough stress just to be cooking for 25 - 30 people. May I say WOW, I'm impressed about that!

I stressed a little about a week or so ago about Thanksgiving, but I'm calming down now, and plan to fully enjoy everything. I may eat smaller portions, but I'm just going to play it by ear on the day. The whole beauty to me about JUDDD is that holidays can be relaxed and free to enjoy, and then resuming rotations soon after will get us right back on track.

to you, and enjoy your holiday!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
I am going to really enjoy being with my DD's family.

As for the food, I have been thinking about the menu and find very little that I am really tempted by. The one exception being some olive cheese poppers she serves before dinner. But then I have to be polite and leave some for the others. It will be an UD but the rest is just not my favorite stuff so this one meal is not going to undue anything.

I will bring some HWC along for a.m. coffee and hit the road back home before they eat breakfast. Easy peasy!
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Quote:
Realistically, when can you return to your rotation? That is the most important part. Will Friday work for you? Is Saturday better? Think about it. Plan it. Do it. You can do it. You can return to your rotations and a few DDs will burn away the holiday and your weight loss will resume. It really will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Mere, you'll be okay. Just do what feels right. Whether that's tasting and spitting, or just relaxing and tasting today, for a high DD or even MD. I hate that you are putting yourself through this stress. It's enough stress just to be cooking for 25 - 30 people. May I say WOW, I'm impressed about that!

I stressed a little about a week or so ago about Thanksgiving, but I'm calming down now, and plan to fully enjoy everything. I may eat smaller portions, but I'm just going to play it by ear on the day. The whole beauty to me about JUDDD is that holidays can be relaxed and free to enjoy, and then resuming rotations soon after will get us right back on track.

to you, and enjoy your holiday!
I re-did my cooking schedule and decided to do the macaroni and potatoe salads Wed. on the MD day so I can taste...I usually do those salads today, but I like my macaroni salad so much I'll never be able to make it today without eating it. I am soooo weak

I'm going to keep today a DD.... I've toasted the breadcrumbs, and boiled the chestnuts.... I can't scoop out the chesnuts today though...(another weakness.)... I can cut up a couple of pounds of mushrooms. ( those I can munch on.) Not sure if I want to cut up the celery and onions for the stuffing yet... I usually make the stuffing the night before...But I think it should be okay to prep...

I can probably start a DD on Sat.... So that will be
Tues. DD(prepping)...
Wed. MD(cooking)
Thurs..UUAAD
Fri...UD (I know this will turn into a UUAAD)
Sat...DD

This may be salvageable after all..Thanks for the pep talk... or should I say PREP talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
I am going to really enjoy being with my DD's family.

As for the food, I have been thinking about the menu and find very little that I am really tempted by.
It must be wonderful not to be tempted...Enjoy your family

-------------
MERE
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Thanksgiving is an UD for me so I will plan on making it my UUAA day for the week. Or not. Depending on how hungry I am. DS will be home and our traditional meal is rather plain due to his likes. He will eat cornbread and broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with butter. Might taste the turkey. So for DH and me I add baked sweet potatoes and cornbread dressing and since I bought pecans at a craft show from a 92 year old that picked them out himself, I will make a pecan pie. Simple and not a lot of leftovers to deal with. Maybe DS has the right idea.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:

I love this, Nancy!

I am on DD today, tomorrow will be a MD, and Thanksgiving I am planning on following all of Nancy's tips! I am not going to count calories, I'm going to enjoy the meal and the family (and the wine), but I'm not going to waste any calories on stuff that isn't that special, and I'll pay attention to my satiety level, because getting stuffed is for the turkey!

oh! and I'm trying to get in a little extra exercise this week, as insurance.

Last edited by calichris; 11-20-2012 at 06:07 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #29

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Cute new avatar Christina. I particularly like the accessories ~ well specifically the one in the glass.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Cute new avatar Christina. I particularly like the accessories ~ well specifically the one in the glass.
It's my favorite winery. I thought I might as well enjoy a glass while picking up our wine club order!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote