Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I want to say THANK YOU! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/789648-i-want-say-thank-you.html)

Flossyliz 11-20-2012 03:11 AM

I want to say THANK YOU!

I just wanted to say how grateful I am to all of you who post your experiences here.

I've been losing weight slowly but steadily, despite disrupted rotations and a surfeit of eating out and I think JUDDD is amazing. But it's thanks to reading your stories and advice that I understand the hows and whys.

Life has been incredibly demanding recently and I'm ridiculously tired. (I have ME/CFS.)
On DD Friday lunchtime, I felt so exhausted I couldn't imagine how I was going to survive the weekend looking after a just-gone 2 year-old. So, I made an executive decision to change Friday to a UD and have a free weekend, then start again with a DD on Monday.

Today, after one DD my weight is back where it was on Friday morning. It seems miraculous!

However, the main thing is that I didn't have that I've blown the diet! thing to deal with all weekend. Just a simple plan to relax, take each day as it came, then start again at the scheduled time.

I found it interesting that recently, there has been a lot of discussion about taking JUDDD breaks. I'm sure that's why I made such an instant and clear decision on Friday. I'm simply amazed that it was so easy to be matter-of-fact about it, without feeling guilty or like a failure.

I suspect that in the past I would have not come back to this WOE on Monday but would have just slid gently off the rails yet again! I know it's because I've learned to trust JUDDD, that I understand how the sirtuin stays in your system for a few days, making it easy to pick up again, but I don't think I'll ever cease to marvel when it works so beautifully.

I also know that it's being able to come here and read your highs and lows that helps me to stay accountable and motivated. Thanks again for all your help and, if you're not there yet, I hope you can feel as relaxed and trusting of this wonderful WOE as I have become.

THANK YOU
my wonderful JUDDD BUDDDs

Joyjoy 11-20-2012 03:13 AM

Flossy, beautifully said. So happy for you. :):heart:

Carly 11-20-2012 03:16 AM

Thank you Flossyliz! I think we all help each other in such a big way. I know coming here frequently has been a huge part of my success so far.

Erika1962 11-20-2012 03:18 AM

Beautifully said Flossy:hugs:

gotsomeold 11-20-2012 03:33 AM

:shake:

DH teases me about the amount of time I spend here. I politely scorn him.

I am so glad you were able to use your self-knowledge to help you cope with a difficult weekend! JUDDD forgives - big time!

And everyone here totally rocks!

Kissa 11-20-2012 04:53 AM

Wonderful, wonderful news. I love the JUDDD calm. You made the right decision and here you are doing just brilliantly.

My heart goes out to you, ME/CFS is a terribly tough condition and having a young child must make it doubly hard.

I just want to say that I noticed that, from day 1, you have been one of the great mentors on these threads. Thank you for your lovely post.

KeirasMom 11-20-2012 05:19 AM

Beautiful. Did you ever think you'd find a WOE which allowed for such freedom? I never did. :shake:

Flutter 11-20-2012 05:51 AM

How wonderful! I'm so glad you found something that works so well for you!

LoCarbGal 11-20-2012 06:23 AM

Thanks so much for your beautiful post, Flossliz! You have eloquently put into words how I feel about all of you and your constant support. I feel so lucky to have found this board.

I'm so glad you've found peace and calm with JUDDD, and were able to easily decide to switch up this weekend, and that it went so well. This is a miraculous WOE. Don't you find it hard to fathom that so many people are still oblivious to the attraction of eating this way?

sunday 11-20-2012 07:10 AM

The freedom & flexibility is what made JUDDD my choice! :heart: Love to hear how you flexed your week when needed! :hugs::love:

And as a matter of fact, I am really flexing this week into a maintenance week while my fam/friends are here! :sing: :cool:

stephdray 11-20-2012 07:23 AM

Well Said!

JUDDD is the only diet I've encountered so far that does not require perfection! It seems perfectly designed for _human beings_ who have challenges and struggles and celebrations. Thank you so much for sharing this!

vilanteira 11-20-2012 07:49 AM

Flossyliz, thank you for sharing this with us and I'm so glad you're experiencing one of the things I love most about JUDDD. It is flexible and forgiving and we really can work it in our lives without being perfect. Every single day I feel thankful for the JUDDD calm and all of the wonderful people on this board that made it all possible for me.

sterlinggirl 11-20-2012 08:32 AM

:hugs: :heart:

Flossyliz 11-20-2012 08:37 AM

Wow, I'm overwhelmed by your lovely responses! Thank you again!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

By the way, the two-year old is my Granddaughter and we had her staying for the weekend. Normally the ME isn't such a problem.

Just been out for lunch again :lol:

Librarygirl 11-20-2012 09:04 AM

Well said, Flossie. I look forward to the future when I am as comfortable as you and some of the other "old timers" here, because I *know* it's only a matter of time. :)