Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What's your Epihpany? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/789604-whats-your-epihpany.html)

route66 11-19-2012 10:01 AM

What's your Epihpany?

Hi JUDDers!

The process of the WOE is different for everyone, but I am finding that I am having some WOW moments regarding my past food/body issues/obsession that feel really good. And hopefully the forgiving nature of this WOE will allow me to let go of some of that stuff for good.

What is your most recent epiphany about JUDD - what were you eating/drinking/doing, who were you with, how did you feel?

route66 11-19-2012 10:09 AM

I'll go first. LOL

Yesterday I had a wonderful UD breakfast at one of my favorite restaurants. a poached egg on toast with prosciutto, spinach and mustard vinaigrette with a hearty piece of Challah french toast and a sugarfree vanilla latte. My partner was thrilled that I not only suggested going out for breakfast, but indulged (with restraint) in all our favorite things.

I was so happy the rest of the morning and figured out that in the past, on other WOEs (LC or Fast Five or even cal counting) I might have still gone out to breakfast and eaten the exact same breakfast (meh, cheat day, right?) but would have had a load of guilt that would either weigh me down (figuratively or literally) or send me off my chosen WOE. I literally felt light with giddiness when I made that connection. Unreal.

I did share that with my partner, and while she listened as was supportive, she just doesn't "get it". But I know my JUDD BUDDs will. :-)

LoCarbGal 11-19-2012 10:57 AM

In planning my upcoming birthday lunch with friends, I realized I don't have to choose the normal steakhouse we go to so I could stay LC with a steak and salad. I chose Mexican, and I'm gonna have my favorite chicken chimichanga!

marlamp10 11-19-2012 11:23 AM

I've had several, but I think these are the most mind-altering for me:

1. I've found a number of foods (mostly junk food) that I have felt driven to eat on my UDs, then realized they weren't a satisfying food experience. I'm slowly starting to give up some things that "aren't worthy."

2. I'm realizing that my energy levels, or LACK of energy, are inversely related to my food intake. I now have MORE energy on DDs, and get less done on UDs when I eat big meals and become lethargic.

It's a big educational experience.

route66 11-19-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlamp10 (Post 16087987)
1. I've found a number of foods (mostly junk food) that I have felt driven to eat on my UDs, then realized they weren't a satisfying food experience. I'm slowly starting to give up some things that "aren't worthy."

I lvoe this one - last night I made a baked potato with dinner. Imagine my surprise when I left over half of it on my plate. (That never would have happened on a "cheat day")

thinking_thinly 11-19-2012 01:08 PM

I have broken my emotional attachment with food! :D

jacci48 11-19-2012 01:10 PM

My epiphany is that I know I will be judding forever as I love this WOE. Also Im confident in losing my excess weight, I know it will come off, I have never felt this happy on a diet. I told my Hubby this morning that I love my diet!! I have never said that before!! :lol::lol:

b_lou_who 11-19-2012 01:26 PM

food doesn't control me, I can have what I want but I don't HAVE to have it. I choose.

tomorrow is a new day, whether up or down

being empty is not a bad feeling. it is freeing in small daily doses.

fasting is normal and healthy AND it can be applied to more areas than food so that all areas of my life are under my control and not any outside influence

women who fast are tremendously supportive of each other. this is not the same as dieting. interesting how getting free yourself makes you supportive of freedom in others.

lynne2u 11-19-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_lou_who (Post 16088250)
interesting how getting free yourself makes you supportive of freedom in others.

I :heart: this!!

Kissa 11-20-2012 05:10 AM

I only ate 1/2 of a delicious tuna melt. I was full...............me?

casmira 11-20-2012 07:49 AM

I would normally be the kind of person who gives up on really hard days. Yesterday I had a DD and it was very low indeed when it turned out that I would be doing a few hours of overtime at work. Normally I'd have given up then and snacked to compensate for the loss of my personal time and the frustration, but yesterday I realised that I've started to think of this as doing it for me rather than against me, and I just didn't.

And I survived. And I was down two pounds this morning.

sunday 11-20-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinking_thinly (Post 16088201)
I have broken my emotional attachment with food! :D

Thank you! So have I and it is wonderful! :love: :love::love:
I just realized one day, when my daughter asked me on Mother's Day where I wanted to go and I said, "Farm Market"!!! She giggled to think that it made me so happy! I become giddy thinking about a trip to the Whole Foods and/or Farmer's Market. :hyst:

My bff makes the comment every time that we go out to dinner, "My goodness, I wish I could love the good stuff and abstain from the bad!" I told her this week, that it wasn't that long ago, that I didn't give it a second thought. I ate without thinking. :p :o That is how I became overweight in a blink of an eye. :o

Kissa 11-20-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casmira (Post 16089782)
I would normally be the kind of person who gives up on really hard days. Yesterday I had a DD and it was very low indeed when it turned out that I would be doing a few hours of overtime at work. Normally I'd have given up then and snacked to compensate for the loss of my personal time and the frustration, but yesterday I realised that I've started to think of this as doing it for me rather than against me, and I just didn't.

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: So thrilled to read this Casmira.

route66 11-20-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casmira (Post 16089782)

I've totally been here - thanks for sharing!

route66 11-20-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16089363)
I only ate 1/2 of a delicious tuna melt. I was full...............me?

Funny how that kind of behavior can just sneak up on you.

angie1 11-21-2012 08:10 AM

its okay to long periods without food!!!!! :)

Any time before JUDDD, I would freak if it had been 3-4 hours and I didn't eat (my metabolism?! I am going to get too hungry!? etc etc)

I love how free I feel when I can eat whenever I want and not worry about the times!

route66 11-21-2012 10:58 AM

My newest WOW moment is that my "bounce up" number is no longer higher than 150 - hasn't been for days and I hadn't even noticed!

gotsomeold 11-22-2012 03:37 AM

After years of thinking of myself as a big eater, I was stunned when I realized how small my meals had become...and how rarely I actually get hungry.

Carly 11-24-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16093719)
After years of thinking of myself as a big eater, I was stunned when I realized how small my meals had become...and how rarely I actually get hungry.

I often forget to get hungry on UDs... during the last 2 weeks at different times during the day I'd have to stop and think about whether it was an UD or a DD. I use to be so acutely aware of what type of day it was.

I too, have less of an emotional thing with food. At first on JUDDD it intensified and now seems to have disappeared. In the beginning I would be upset if something interfered with my UD eating plan. Now- oh, well, it will be an UD again the day after tomorrow!

route66 11-24-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16093719)

I love this one!! Just yesterday my partner and I went to a local sandwich place and I was stuffed, I tell you, stuffed (and totally satisfied, btw)...and we split one sandwich - no chips, coleslaw, sides or dessert...just the measly sandwich. LOL

garnet10 11-25-2012 06:17 AM

My epiphany has been that it is very, very easy for me to gain weight again, if I am not careful on the "Up" days. I have to eat consciously every day or the weight gain will creep up just as it did years ago.

And I need to stay with a support group. I cannot do this alone. Every time I gain some weight back I realize I haven't been posting for a while.

Librarygirl 11-25-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 16090009)
Thank you! So have I and it is wonderful! :love: :love::love:
I just realized one day, when my daughter asked me on Mother's Day where I wanted to go and I said, "Farm Market"!!! She giggled to think that it made me so happy! I become giddy thinking about a trip to the Whole Foods and/or Farmer's Market. :hyst:

My bff makes the comment every time that we go out to dinner, "My goodness, I wish I could love the good stuff and abstain from the bad!" I told her this week, that it wasn't that long ago, that I didn't give it a second thought. I ate without thinking. :p :o That is how I became overweight in a blink of an eye. :o

So did I! However, I knew I had made bad choices, I just didn't care. I was determined not to feel deprived. Now, I know I can have dessert on a UD, AND a high calorie entree' if I choose, or I can make healthier choices. It doesn't matter because I can eat till I'm full, however I choose to get those calories every OTHER day.:jumpjoy: