Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   So excited! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/789540-so-excited.html)

mom23kids 11-18-2012 04:02 PM

So excited!

I'm very pear shaped and I despise pants lol. Right now the only pants I own, besides some yoga stretchy ones, are a pair of size 14 jeans and then a pair of size 12 cords, with no belt loops. This morning I wore the cords to church and they were so saggy I had to wear a long sweater to cover the bagginess :D Even though I've only lost 11.5lbs so far I'm really seeing a difference in how my clothes fit. So tomorrow I'm heading to Goodwill to buy some new pants yay! And because I'm so cheap, I even have a 25% off coupon :rofl:

SICCHI 11-18-2012 04:22 PM

:rofl: This made me laugh!!

I totally know what you mean! I have only lost 5 (or so) and am seeing dramatic changes in how my body wears my clothes now. Its great isn't it??? :high5:

Joyjoy 11-18-2012 04:45 PM

Yay, Sara!!! Isn't that the GREATEST feeling?:):heart::jumpjoy:

Flutter 11-18-2012 05:58 PM

Awww, Sara, that's fantastic! I can believe it, too! There's nothing "only" about 11# at your weight girl! It really makes a difference. I know once I got down that low, it was a different size pretty quickly. Go you!! Have fun shopping!

jem51 11-18-2012 06:24 PM

That is fabulous.

I am all a$$ so there's where I gain/lose.

Love thrift stores. I bought a pair of Express jeans yesterday, tags still on....$3

Kissa 11-19-2012 03:12 AM

WTG Sara, the pants don't lie!

Carly 11-19-2012 03:38 AM

Nope- The pant don't lie!

LoCarbGal 11-19-2012 07:06 AM

You are doing great so see and feel a loss like that! Great job!

You all are making me nuts to get to the Goodwill store. I've been skeptical about the kinds of deals I'll be able to find, but I keep hearing about your smokin' deals over and over. I'll get there in the next week or so and maybe get me some "self-gifts" for Christmas!

DesertGurl 11-19-2012 07:27 AM

What an amazing gift to yourself. 11 pounds is alot girl, be proud!! :jumpjoy:

gotsomeold 11-19-2012 07:52 AM

Years ago, when we lived in an upscale town near Atlanta, I used to eBay things I got at thrift stores. It was a fairly lucrative hobby (and let me exercise my shopping muscles).

And, hey, when you know the pants are only going to fit for a few weeks (then be re-donated) spending under $5/pair is a plan!

mom23kids 11-19-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16087417)
You are doing great so see and feel a loss like that! Great job!

You all are making me nuts to get to the Goodwill store. I've been skeptical about the kinds of deals I'll be able to find, but I keep hearing about your smokin' deals over and over. I'll get there in the next week or so and maybe get me some "self-gifts" for Christmas!

Their prices vary based on location, but at my local one-pants are $3.29 and jeans are $4.99 :) And they're pretty good about keeping up do date styles. Plus they have a customer rewards program (don't know if it's available everywhere?)-you go in and get a card and then register it online and they send you a 25% off coupon on your next shopping trip :) Plus, after you scan your card for the first time you're supposed to get a $5 credit coupon. I'm going to use my card today for the first time so hopefully I'll get the $5 coupon to use when I need some new shirts in a couple weeks :D

mom23kids 11-19-2012 09:48 AM

Well I'm back :) I tried on some size 10 jeans and they fit, but it's just not flattering to see a 34 yr old pear shaped me in stretchy jeans that look like a second skin :sick: I think another loss of 10lbs or so are needed before I venture into that size again :laugh:

I ended up getting a pair of size 12 Eddie Baur jeans and then a pair of size 12 Tommy Hilfiger cropped jeans. Now cropped jeans are really not my style, since I normally wear 'mom' jeans lol. But I also found a really cute tunic length sweater (the kind with buttons but you don't button it), and I already have a pair of flats so I'm going to throw a tank top with it and I'll wear the outfit to my Thanksgiving get togethers :D It's the most stylish outfit I've worn in years-losing weight makes you do crazy things :rofl:

LoCarbGal 11-19-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16087559)
Their prices vary based on location, but at my local one-pants are $3.29 and jeans are $4.99 :) And they're pretty good about keeping up do date styles. Plus they have a customer rewards program (don't know if it's available everywhere?)-you go in and get a card and then register it online and they send you a 25% off coupon on your next shopping trip :) Plus, after you scan your card for the first time you're supposed to get a $5 credit coupon. I'm going to use my card today for the first time so hopefully I'll get the $5 coupon to use when I need some new shirts in a couple weeks :D

Thanks for that info, Sara. I'll try to sign up for the customer rewards program and get my coupon. Congrats on your finds. You'll look great for your holiday get-togethers!

Flutter 11-20-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16087781)
Well I'm back :) I tried on some size 10 jeans and they fit, but it's just not flattering to see a 34 yr old pear shaped me in stretchy jeans that look like a second skin :sick: I think another loss of 10lbs or so are needed before I venture into that size again :laugh:

I ended up getting a pair of size 12 Eddie Baur jeans and then a pair of size 12 Tommy Hilfiger cropped jeans. Now cropped jeans are really not my style, since I normally wear 'mom' jeans lol. But I also found a really cute tunic length sweater (the kind with buttons but you don't button it), and I already have a pair of flats so I'm going to throw a tank top with it and I'll wear the outfit to my Thanksgiving get togethers :D It's the most stylish outfit I've worn in years-losing weight makes you do crazy things :rofl:

I think a size 12 is awesome. I can't wait to be your weight/size again! It's when I finally start feeling more "normal" in my skin again. Good for you!!! You will find those 10s super comfy soon enough! :clap:

Librarygirl 11-21-2012 05:09 PM

Congratulations!! I think I will be utilizing Goodwill when I lose a little more. :)

Can't believe you're talking about how to dress at age 34! I was wearing cropped shirts at age 34, lol. I still wear tight jeans, so when I can fit into a 10, no matter how snug, I'm buying those suckers!:hyst: