Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lil Donna
Stats: 165.2 (highest) 150.2 (11/30/13)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Low carb started again on 11/14/13
HCG, JUDDD and my feel of doom...

I am ending my 4th week of JUDDD. I have been very strict with my rotations. My down days have been under 400 calories. I do not count my up days but I am positive they are not under my maximum allowed.

I did 21 days of HCG (500 calories) phase 2, then P3 for 1 week and then started JUDDD since I really wasn't following P3 anyways. I lost 14 lbs on HCG down to 143.8.

Here is where my frustration comes in. As I said, very strict rotation but my bounce goes from 145.8 to 143.2. It has not been higher or lower than this in 4 weeks. So basically I am maintaining even at such a low level of a DD. I'm not even losing inches.

Do you think my body is trying to work through something? I don't want to give up on JUDDD as I don't mind DDs and I like UDs.

I just started Resveratrol yesterday along with a multivitamin.

I am still waiting on the magic to happen but this houdini is getting tired of no losses!
Any clues/suggestions on how to get this magic to happen?
Lil Donna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I say hang in there. I can't remember who all had the same situation coming off of the protocol, but I know someone else (maybe Marie) said that they maintained for a while. You are basically still in P3 except for you have added carbs?

Also, in my case, I have been frustrated about the slow losses. Extremely slow, but then I have to remind myself that I have never gone up, just down. My loss is averaging 1.5 lbs per week. Every month, I have a stall that sometimes last a couple of weeks, where I go up 2 down 2, etc.

Before JUDDD, my weight began to creep up monthly. Even when doing vlc paleo style. So, now my fear is that if I ever quit JUDDD, I will be back where I started in February. I will not do the protocol again.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lil Donna
Stats: 165.2 (highest) 150.2 (11/30/13)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Low carb started again on 11/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I say hang in there. I can't remember who all had the same situation coming off of the protocol, but I know someone else (maybe Marie) said that they maintained for a while. You are basically still in P3 except for you have added carbs?

Also, in my case, I have been frustrated about the slow losses. Extremely slow, but then I have to remind myself that I have never gone up, just down. My loss is averaging 1.5 lbs per week. Every month, I have a stall that sometimes last a couple of weeks, where I go up 2 down 2, etc.

Before JUDDD, my weight began to creep up monthly. Even when doing vlc paleo style. So, now my fear is that if I ever quit JUDDD, I will be back where I started in February. I will not do the protocol again.
I do love maintaining rather than gaining that is for sure. But I really thought by now that the HCG would be out of my system and I would start losing. I'd love to lose 5 or 10 lbs by Christmas. I really wanted this to be the way to do that. I just have to remember that this is not a race like another poster said. It is just hard to have an upbeat attitude when you can predict just what the scale will say on a daily basis even after you suffered through a down day that you wanted to be a MD or UD but you stayed strong and suffered through only to see the scale show the same number over and over again. Even a little bounce downward would keep me happily going.
I just want to scream WHEN WILL THIS START HAPPENING????
Lil Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Donna View Post
I do love maintaining rather than gaining that is for sure. But I really thought by now that the HCG would be out of my system and I would start losing. I'd love to lose 5 or 10 lbs by Christmas. I really wanted this to be the way to do that. I just have to remember that this is not a race like another poster said. It is just hard to have an upbeat attitude when you can predict just what the scale will say on a daily basis even after you suffered through a down day that you wanted to be a MD or UD but you stayed strong and suffered through only to see the scale show the same number over and over again. Even a little bounce downward would keep me happily going.
I just want to scream WHEN WILL THIS START HAPPENING????
I feel your pain. I bounce up and down the same pounds and I have alot of weight to lose. I am need to rethink what I am doing as far as calories go and play around to see if I can get better results. I might even try to maintain around holidays and pray I lose faster with that. (wishful thinkng). I dont know what to do either, but I do know this is better than seeing the scale move up which is easy for me.
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hang in there Lil Donna, and you too Debbie. Several really good losers on this board started out with little to no losses for a good month or so. Some people have to "adjust" before the losses start. Coming off hcg may just be one of those things that makes this a little more complex.

This may sound radical, but I've watched so many people have UUADs, or maybe a short vacation where they gained a little, and then lost not only that gain but a couple more pounds within the next week. I'm hoping to have that happen myself after Thanksgiving, when I'm planning to eat what I want, and how much I want on Thursday and Friday. Sometimes I think our bodies want to know that, yes, there's plenty of food available and it's okay to keep the old metabolism firing away.

Sometimes I think it is appropriate to lower our calories, but I wonder if a slight leaning in the other direction, occasionally, is a good kick start too. Just thinking out loud.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
I am ending my 4th week of JUDDD. I have been very strict with my rotations. My down days have been under 400 calories. I do not count my up days but I am positive they are not under my maximum allowed.

I did 21 days of HCG (500 calories) phase 2, then P3 for 1 week and then started JUDDD since I really wasn't following P3 anyways. I lost 14 lbs on HCG down to 143.8.

Here is where my frustration comes in. As I said, very strict rotation but my bounce goes from 145.8 to 143.2. It has not been higher or lower than this in 4 weeks. So basically I am maintaining even at such a low level of a DD. I'm not even losing inches.

Do you think my body is trying to work through something? I don't want to give up on JUDDD as I don't mind DDs and I like UDs.

I just started Resveratrol yesterday along with a multivitamin.

I am still waiting on the magic to happen but this houdini is getting tired of no losses!
Any clues/suggestions on how to get this magic to happen?
Maybe track your UD's, just to make sure you're hitting your number. You think your getting enough calories in, but maybe you're going over without realizing it on UDs?
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Or maybe you aren't really eating as much as you think you are on up days. The calorie spread is what makes the magic happen!

I know I have a problem getting all my calories in as I am just not very hungry and you are used to eating very little from hcg.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
I really admire your perfect DDs and willingness to stick with it. Given the extremity of HCG protocol, it may just take some time for your body to adjust. If you track your UDs you will at least have accurate information to work with.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
I didn't lose anything first month. Well, I lst and then gained four pounds. Then I lost lots second month.
I'd also track UD cals. That way, if you find yourself in the same position in a couple of weeks, you'll have way more information to go from.
Take heart. These are early days.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I think it is a good suggestion to track UDs even for just 5-6 UDs. To see. You may be just a few hundred over or under, but that could be making it harder to lose. I've never done hcg. However, it is extreme, and maybe you went into starvation mode a bit and your metabolism is just trying to regulate.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Yeah, I stalled myself for six weeks last spring. First I failed to notice I was not eating enough on UDs (I counted the cals, I prepared the meals, I just forgot to eat them ). Then, for several months I found I had to eat at least 500 calories for lunch on UD (when I really was not all that hungry) or I stalled.

I encourage you to try different foods and try eating at different times of the day - DD and UD.

I can't stomach pre-made shakes, but I depend on my magic bullet. I make veggie only smoothies, I make regular, yoghurt based smoothies. I seem to burn off liquid meals faster than the chewed kind.

Sometimes shaking meals and mealtimes up makes a big difference.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
I do not count my up days but I am positive they are not under my maximum allowed.
Donna, to have all the tools possible, I think it might be worthwhile to count your up day calories. Even though I think it's very likely that your body is recuperating after HCG, you'd just have more information to work with if you count your up days. I know you aren't a fan of the idea, and I wasn't either! However ... here's what happened to me:
  • September - didn't count up days - lost 4 pounds.
  • October - started counting up days. Accidentally went over on up day calories several days due to counting dinner calories after eating them, plus had one serious UUAD. - lost 7 pounds.
  • November - continued counting up days, more careful not to go over, so far have lost 5 pounds with two weeks to go.
If you're really frustrated, could be worth a try?
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I believe your body just needs to stabilize. You're asking it to lose after you already lost alot and hcg is certainly one of the more rigorous diets out there. Give it what it needs for awhile and I bet you'll see a change. After moving into JUDDD, I initially stabilized beautifully but now the addition of carbs has bumped me up and I'm not moving down right now either. I am going to have to adjust my DD numbers to weight-loss mode, though - I have been doing maintenance numbers to keep sane while I finish school. I am up to 3 pounds above my 2-pound "window" but my pants are looser. Not sure what is up with that.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kettleboy
Stats: 6' 3". 243/219/210
WOE: Juddd when required
Start Date: June 2010
Another vote for logging UD's, I suspect you will find them high.

If you are getting a varied healthy diet on UD'S (i know DD's are harder) get rid if the multi vit. You would be amazed by how many people stall in all WOE's due to Multi's.
Kettleboy is offline   Reply With Quote