Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWholeNewWorld View Post
I did P3 for a little over a week but I did not follow guidelines at all. (This was my round 2). I had some starch and sugar (OFF PROTOCOL) and it did not affect me. I maintained but wanted a way to lose more weight over the holidays without doing HCG and found JUDDD. I went into it head first eating whatever I wanted and so far it is working!

ETA: I would not suggest anyone going off protocol, it is at your own risk! This was my round 2 and I wanted to experiment and luckily, it all worked out.
Thanks for responding...appreciate it!

Good news to hear that it is working for you!

I am trying to weigh out my options. I am scoping out different methods that are working for people. I know it is P3 protocol after HCG, but technically, each time I have gone off rounds, I have gained 2-3 lbs. w/i the first few days. I used a 3-day FF during last dose day & 2 vlcd's this time...it worked wonderfully. In fact, I ended up losing an additional -.6 What I am thinking is if I can go into JUDDD (been 3 days so far...only had 1 scoop of ice cream...everything has been protein/fat) w/o doing the protocol P3, just like you have done. I do understand the "necessity" according to Simeons, but I have seen people follow it to a "T" AND still struggle & gain it back to have to go to yet another round. I have also seen people NOT follow it, AND maintain perfectly

I am going to think about it for a few days, and may just do regular JUDDD...I would really like to add carbs in as I am usually very carb sensitive. Of course, HCG may have corrected that for me already.

Again...thanks!!!

Keep up the great work!!!

Angela in TX~170.4 lbs.
LDW=175.6
New goal----->170ish
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AWholeNewWorld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy PreK Teacher View Post
Thanks for responding...appreciate it!

Good news to hear that it is working for you!

I am trying to weigh out my options. I am scoping out different methods that are working for people. I know it is P3 protocol after HCG, but technically, each time I have gone off rounds, I have gained 2-3 lbs. w/i the first few days. I used a 3-day FF during last dose day & 2 vlcd's this time...it worked wonderfully. In fact, I ended up losing an additional -.6 What I am thinking is if I can go into JUDDD (been 3 days so far...only had 1 scoop of ice cream...everything has been protein/fat) w/o doing the protocol P3, just like you have done. I do understand the "necessity" according to Simeons, but I have seen people follow it to a "T" AND still struggle & gain it back to have to go to yet another round. I have also seen people NOT follow it, AND maintain perfectly

I am going to think about it for a few days, and may just do regular JUDDD...I would really like to add carbs in as I am usually very carb sensitive. Of course, HCG may have corrected that for me already.

Again...thanks!!!

Keep up the great work!!!
Thanks. If you are carb sensitive you might want to ease into the carbs slowly. All of our bodies are different but for me, I actually felt that HCG made me carb sensitive when I wasn't before. My first round I lost about 12 pounds in 21 days and followed P3 exactly and still gained it all back extremely rapidly when I added in any carbs in P4. This round, I relost the 12 pounds, and decided to go ahead and add in carbs in P3 and maintained fine, and still am on JUDD with sugars and starches. I think this is such a personal journey for everyone and what works for one person might not always work for another. If only there was one rule that we all could follow and know that it would work 100% of the time would be great, but I don't think it is that easy. Good luck! Keep us updated!
AWholeNewWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
I'm a month 1/2 into JUDDD I still feel newbie-ish so here goes:

Why am I so cold on DDs? I know this has probably been answered dozens of times, so thank you for answering in advance.

Also, I needed to share my own experience in just how forgiving JUDDD is! I had been at the same weight for a week and was getting kinda down about it, having gotten used to faster losses up till then. So I didn't weigh the day after Thanksgiving (a family day and not a diet day at all!), then I had a DD and weighed this morning, a pound less than before the holiday!! I certainly don't understand that, but I'm not questioning it!

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] the good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.~Rom 12:2
Bows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Deb, wonderful about your loss after the holiday eating! JUDDD is crazy amazing!

Yes, the DD shivers are quite common. I've had them and it's really kind of weird and can be uncomfortable, especially when everyone else around you is perfectly comfortable. But I try to think of it, when I'm really noticing it, as a sign my body is burning calories and fat. Feeling cold is a known side effect of caloric restriction, so you're perfectly normal and in good company.
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
The DD shivers are probably the only thing I don't care for with JUDDD. They are common and I try to remind myself that it is a sign that I'm shedding pounds, but I'm not gonna lie- the DD shivers stink and the less I weigh the worse they get and tend to carry over part way into UDs. I keep a spare sweater everywhere. Both offices and both cars!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
Thank you, LCG and Carly (2 of my heroes) I was so cold last night that my sweet husband put blanket #3 on me and asked if I was getting sick hehe!
Bows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb
DW and I are like a comedy team she is still going through the change (it's been years already!) So we are walking through Walmart doing our errands and she is ripping her sweatshirt off and wiping sweat from her brow- fanning herself wildly. I have on a coat, a scarf, gloves and am shivering.

She's always saying "Is it hot in here or is it just me?"
I'm always saying "Are you freezing or is it just me?"

We both always answer "It's just you!"
Old 11-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Two words............

ELECTRIC BLANKET!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the only way I survive Even when I'm not on a diet.
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:49 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy PreK Teacher View Post
Two words............

ELECTRIC BLANKET!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the only way I survive Even when I'm not on a diet.
I have 2 and use them at the same time
Old 11-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AWholeNewWorld
My husband gave me a electric heat blanket as an early christmas present and I LOVE IT! I don't know how I ever lived without it. I use it every single day and sleep with it too!
AWholeNewWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I've actually allowed the dogs (one is 65-70 pounds and the other is 80-90 pounds) to sleep with us lately. They help keep me warm! I'm also looking into getting a heated mattress pad.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote