Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
How do you adjust your UD's and DD's for a special meal/holiday?

I have just gone over my calendar and realized that Thanksgiving will be a UD!! However, one of the meals I have planned in December, our department xmas party/luncheon is on a DD. Should I just eat light at the party, or adjust so that it's an UD? If I do change my rotations, do I do two DD's in a row, or 2 UD's? What's best in order not to gain?

Thanks!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
There are a few options here.

1) Keep that event a DD. Fast until your party and eat sensibly. You can recheck the calculator and find a higher percentage number which will work with your situation and still remain in WLM.

2) Switch your rotation. Sometime before the event, at least a couple of days before, insert a MD (medium or mid-day) between your DD and UD. A MD is the average of your UD/DD calories. Ex: 2000 + 500 = 2500, now divide by 2 = 1250. With those calories, the MD would be 1250 calories. Most of us prefer to insert the MD after the DD and before the UD, so you have an UD before your next DD. Think small, medium, large. DD, MD, UD, DD, UD, etc.

3) You could have 2 UDs in a row, but it may slow down your losses. That's fine, if you're okay with that. I wouldn't recommend two DDs in a row, though some have done that with no problems. It would be too hard for me, personally.

Whatever you decide, have fun! Dr. J says all celebrations are to fall on an UD.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yup- Dawn said it all.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

I've decided I don't want to switch my rotation because it will then throw off another party the following week, and Christmas!

Yes, that works! How many of you have U's and D's on your calendars?

Last edited by Librarygirl; 11-15-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
At some point you do have to choose to stick with rotations if you want continued weight loss, but for me I may make the month of December a maintenance break. I've also been losing for almost 9 mos and think I need a break on several levels, but I haven't made a decision yet. That is what is great about JUDDD. It's really flexible and I have seen a number of buds successfully take maitenance breaks and then jump back in with 2 feet.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
At some point you do have to choose to stick with rotations if you want continued weight loss, but for me I may make the month of December a maintenance break. I've also been losing for almost 9 mos and think I need a break on several levels, but I haven't made a decision yet. That is what is great about JUDDD. It's really flexible and I have seen a number of buds successfully take maitenance breaks and then jump back in with 2 feet.
This sounds wonderful! I think that's part of what will make it so successful in the long run. (says the girl who has lost and found the same 60+ pounds over and over b/c she can't do maintenance worth a poo!) Good for you on the 9 months of weight loss, too! Woohoo!!!

Library, my hubby has been planning a restaurant thing this weekend for our family and was just asking me yesterday about it. (b/c of course it's on my down day!) I think I may just fast all day until the event, then have small portions and continue to the up day next day. I'm going to keep repeating my new mantra of "patience & enjoy the ride". It's a new one for me.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, it's all new to me too! I've never lost any substantial amount of weight ever. I want to stick to plan as much as possible, because I want *results*. I do fear eating way over 500 cals on that day...will be all home cooked food. Any tips?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Yes, it's all new to me too! I've never lost any substantial amount of weight ever. I want to stick to plan as much as possible, because I want *results*. I do fear eating way over 500 cals on that day...will be all home cooked food. Any tips?
The only way *I* know to do that is portion control and staying away from as much white stuff as possible on those occassions (for a down day, of course). I think if you stick with that, you shouldn't be too far over, or at least be on a moderate day! It's ONLY one day anyways. I'm telling you, I always go in to losing with this huge goal on my back and although I make it, I don't stay there. I really do think the key must be pacing yourself slowly through. It's the only thing I've never tried before. So just do smaller portions and enjoy yourself! You'll be fine! (I'll chant the same to myself this weekend, LOL!)
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Small portions. Taste and if it is not extraordinary, don't waste the calories.

I have had a few UDs where I fasted most of the day (in order to enjoy the evening feast) where I ended up throwing dinner together when we got home (the feast was not enjoyable). Sometimes planned UUADs become DDs .

Take it calm, take it slow, enjoy the journey.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I've decided I don't want to switch my rotation because it will then throw off another party the following week, and Christmas!

Yes, that works! How many of you have U's and D's on your calendars?
I have Us and Ds on my planner, all the way till the end of the year Thanksgiving is an UD for me, as well as our 10 year anniversary (going to rock it out at Logans ). Christmas eve is an UD which is great because we're hosting a family get together. Christmas will be an MD because we'll be at the in-laws and my mother-in-law makes this amazing nibble mix with nuts, dry cereals and spices It's a once a year tradition so I'm not holding back lol. I'll probably just eat that and then chicken broth, so not too much damage! That's it for holiday festivities/parties.

Last edited by mom23kids; 11-15-2012 at 11:55 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

I am not enjoying the journey so much today. I'm hungry and I have a headache!