Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Steph, that set point of yours wasn't so set, was it?
I'll bet you'll find your way through these complacency/UUAD challenges soon enough and have lots to teach the rest of us.
Beautifully done.

Last edited by Joyjoy; 11-16-2012 at 02:48 AM..
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I'm catching up on my favorite serial writer

I love what you wrote this week (have yet to read 20 weeks...) and I agree with everything.

I have complacent up days where I figure-- hey, Dr J wrote in the book to just eat what you want.

I don't do that *every* up day, but sometimes, it's nice to take the pressure off and STILL know you're not "doing it wrong". we all know what that leads too

Your positives are all true for me too. I do want to lose weight for a variety of reasons (some are soooo weird, I can't even share) and I was in a rush at the start of 2012.

Now, almost a year later, and having several weeks of travel where I did gain-- I'm just totally cool about it. I know I can return to rotations, take of what I gained and then get back to the core loss I need (DING-- sort of like paying your mortgage, where you're actually paying the bank's interest first and then you start paying the price of the house! I love analogies...)

I'm so glad things are easing up for you Steph, and that the mystery ailment is departing!

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
I have complacent up days where I figure-- hey, Dr J wrote in the book to just eat what you want.

I don't do that *every* up day, but sometimes, it's nice to take the pressure off and STILL know you're not "doing it wrong". we all know what that leads too :roll eyes:
Yep, and my husband noted the difference in me that it's made in terms of my psychological stamina. He has witnessed too many crashes and burns!

And yes, digging cookbooks out! Things that made my family so happy and brought back so many memories through taste and smell--and I'd banished them for twenty years! Done with that tyranny...
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post

And yes, digging cookbooks out! Things that made my family so happy and brought back so many memories through taste and smell--and I'd banished them for twenty years! Done with that tyranny...
I bought a crockpot a while ago and then realized it's hard to make good LC stuff in it. Unless it's pulled pork/chicken. The *good* recipes aren't LC. Now I can use it a lot more! yay!
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote