Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #211
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I am fighting a cold here, and just winning, this is my first cold this year! I am taking vit C and Echinacea.

Hope the Motrin does the trick.
Hope you feel better soon

I can't believe we're almost into December! Time has flown by this month I started JUDDD on the 7th I think, and I'm so happy with how far I've come already. Not only in weight loss, but just in getting comfortable with my JUDDD rotations, figuring out DDs etc. I'm totally going to rock December
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Hey Everybody,

I made it through the Thanksgiving Day cook-a-thon...(approx 25 people)
I was so worried about cooking and tasting and falling off plan... I had to start cooking early and was afraid of tasting the extremely high calorie foods. ... Got some good advice in the Holiday threads...and I made it...
I did Tuesday as a DD prepping things I didn't have to taste...
Wed was a MD tasting sparingly...Thank goodness oldest came to help with the tasting... and yes I spit some things out..

Thurs....Forget about it!!!!

Fri.....DD I can't believe I got back into rotations... I planned for SAT but made it on Fri...I kept repeating in my head... I CAN HAVE IT TOMORROW..

Thanks to all of your help and posting...

----------
Mere
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #213
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyPants View Post
Hey Everybody,

I made it through the Thanksgiving Day cook-a-thon...(approx 25 people)
I was so worried about cooking and tasting and falling off plan... I had to start cooking early and was afraid of tasting the extremely high calorie foods. ... Got some good advice in the Holiday threads...and I made it...
I did Tuesday as a DD prepping things I didn't have to taste...
Wed was a MD tasting sparingly...Thank goodness oldest came to help with the tasting... and yes I spit some things out..

Thurs....Forget about it!!!!

Fri.....DD I can't believe I got back into rotations... I planned for SAT but made it on Fri...I kept repeating in my head... I CAN HAVE IT TOMORROW..

Thanks to all of your help and posting...

----------
Mere
Glad it ended up working out! Now we just have to get through Christmas
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Yep, it's definately holiday season! Pretty soon my DH & kids are going to start begging for me to make all the Christmas cookies & candies. UGH Well, I guess I'll just have to plan some for down days. LOL!

Mere, that's what I'm doing, too. It certainly helps to tell yourself you can have it TOMORROW versus never again! (or only an occassional splurge and then you feel guilty or resentful!)
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Hope you feel better soon

I can't believe we're almost into December! Time has flown by this month I started JUDDD on the 7th I think, and I'm so happy with how far I've come already. Not only in weight loss, but just in getting comfortable with my JUDDD rotations, figuring out DDs etc. I'm totally going to rock December
Even though the season has gotten here so fast... I feels I have been back on plan forever even though it's only 2 loooong weeks today...It's funny how time flies for me when I'm not dieting...Like how the holidays snuck up before I got back on plan...

--------
Mere
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
Of Whooshes and Squishy Fat | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

wow this is a great article explaining whooshes and squishy fat!! Thought it would help other newbies like me !
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #217
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I have copied that to read shortly, you don't need to be a Newbie to appreciate articles like that.

Many thanks.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
I did it! My first 500 calorie dd. It was easier than I expected, but I haven't gotten much done. 7 isn't too early to go to bed, is it?
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
I did it! My first 500 calorie dd. It was easier than I expected, but I haven't gotten much done. 7 isn't too early to go to bed, is it?
yay you!!!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #220

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Going to bed early on a DD is an often used tool in my arsenal!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #221

And we lose weight faster if we get plenty of sleep, they say....

Well done on the 500 Yvonne.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
hahahaha I turn off my lights and lay in bed at 9pm hahahaha.
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Week One as a newbie

Its been an interesting week.

I never considered alternate day fasting before because I JUST LIKE TO EAT too much! When I found LC I thought that would be the ultimate answer. On LC I could eat as much as I wanted, within reason of course, as long as it was not carby. No bread, potatoes, cookies, candy, you know the drill.

I would do fine for awhile, then backslip a little, but in the last two years I have always at least maintained. I have to. If I don't my blood sugar, blood pressure, and all that fun stuff will go out of control. It had to become a health issue for me before I took weight loss seriously.

Over the past weeks I've been stressed over just not getting the scale to budge. Sticking to LC foods got more difficult and I knew there had to be something different to try.

What is that saying? When the student is ready the teacher will appear...or something like that. Well, thats what happened for me. I had seen the letters JUDDD here on the boards and even checked it out a little, but when I saw it was about FASTING I thought NO WAY.

Finally, I decided why not give it a chance. Especially since so many of you just ADORE it! I thought it can't be all that bad. There is so much information here, the health benefits are very impressive, and it really is doable. <<that word looks funny haha.

This past week I have dropped 3.8 lbs, ate some non LC foods, just a little though, but enjoyed the popcorn or potato tremendously, been in a much better mood, and just know I have found "The Way" for me.

Thanks to all of you for your great tips and info, encouragement and support. It keeps me coming back here and stickin' with the program!

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #224
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sara7venus
Stats: 298/270/190
WOE: Atkins
Hello!

I am new to LowCarbFriends.com - Weight Loss Support , but not new to low carb *dieting*. I have been VERY successful with low carb in the past , but didn't stick with it (and have been pregnant two times since), so I gained some weight back . My most recent low weight is 242 pounds in 2009, and I just had a baby in March of 2012. Needless to say, I need to lose weight and get toned up again

I'm really bad at beating myself up if I "mess up" a diet or a good trend in weight loss , but I'm working on being kinder to myself . I am also wanting to do strength training and get my muscle tone back, even if it means I won't lose weight as fast, initially.

I am doing the Atkins plan, and started induction 3 days ago. I've lost 4 pounds since starting induction, so I'm at a good point of water-weight loss right now. My carb-fog is starting to lift, thank goodness!!! I have good energy, am sleeping really well, and my mood is way improved. I know that low carb is the way I need to eat for the rest of my life, but it can be difficult to maintain it long-term. I just need to change the way I look at food, my health, and at my body.

I look forward to getting to know some folks here, and to offer my support if needed . Sometimes I need support too, so anything anyone can offer in terms of just a kind word or word of support is welcomed ! I hope you're all having a great holiday so far!
sara7venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #225

Hi there Sara, lovely to see you here, but I think you meant to post this on the Min Lobby. We are the JUDDD area and while some of do Low Carb the main object of the plan is Alternate Day Fasting.

Hope you do really well you have a great attitude.

Jan, thank you so much for sharing this here. Wonderful post.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #226
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariannewww
Stats: 145/127/120
Hmm I have a question - would it be terrible to do two dd I a row? (Apologies if this a very obvious question!)

I have some days off work next week and wanted to get a good run on mon/tues so I can eat with impunity for the next couple of days - I imagine its not ideal but though it might assist on this occasion?
Mariannewww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #227

Not recommended, but you wouldn't be the first.

It may slow down your losses, but then again it may not....
Old 11-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #228

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
Right on Yvonne! You did it! Yes, by all means go to bed early. Then it'll be UD!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote