Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #91
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyPants View Post
Hi everyone,

I did Juddd this past summer for about 6 weeks...I fell off the Juddd wagon at about week seven...I was to start again in the middle of Sept. and that never happened. One life event after another...I did one week of good rotations in the middle of Oct. (right before a family event)..Fell off again...

Then my birthday hit (buffets, buffets, buffets)...
SuperStorm Sandy hit (stress, stress, stress)...
Halloween hit...town postponed it 5 days... (yes I steal the candy, candy, candy).
Election Day hit (stress) ...
3 day trip hit(no explanation for this)...

I tried to start my DD everyday since the 11th of Nov.(fail)

I finally made it on Nov. 14th...(I began to read the boards again for inspiration)
Now I know it's only one week before Thanksgiving and I must be crazy...
I know there is NO WAY I will ever lose weight this holiday season. I usually gain around 15 lbs. My master plan is not to gain weight this holiday season. This way I will be ahead next year, and in my strange mind, will have lost 15 lbs... (hypothetically of course)

This is a first for me to declare a goal in public.

Goal for Holiday Season...NOT TO GAIN WEIGHT.
So 1st goal is declared, written in stone, posted on the internet(which is basically the same)...

I AM SO EXCITED.

---------
Mere
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
ey Dawn,
The last I was on the boards, you were so happy to hit the 200 mark.. I remember the celebration...Look at you now.. I can't believe it. Good for you and everyone who kept going...

LibraryGirl...Maybe we CAN do this together... I should have come back to read the boards sooner... It's pulled me back on..

Flutter...
Last holiday season I gained and did not take off the winter season's weight until I did Juddd in the summer...I got mixed up with an "evil bread machine" someone gave me and then put on a few extra pounds even after the holidays...If it wasn't for Juddd I would have been naked this summer with no clothes to fit me. I refuse to buy larger clothes anymore.

DesertG
Thanks... The stress of dieting and failing makes me eat more. Isn't that terrible!!

---------
Mere
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Mere, hun, you did way better than me! I fell off the wagon after almost goal (doing south beach) back at holiday season '08. Ahem. I started JUDDD last Tuesday at 5# lower than my original weight in '08. Disgusting! Whatever...my hope is this is the last time I have to do this up & down dance. It's not a nice one!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
back Mere. I'm kinda thinking about a maintenance break for the holidays. I of course don't want to gain, but have been losing for a long time and may practice my maintenance plan for the month of December. I don't know yet. I want to see 136 before I decide.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Mere~ I am the same exact way. You got this! JUDDD will help you conquer this, I know it.

Flutter~ do you have all boys? Sometimes I think I woulda been better suited with all boys Girls tend to get on my every nerve sometimes...and besides, they're just like me and *that* bugs me My youngest DD isn't quite sure what to think 100% of my woe but she goes with the flow...afterall, the scale is telling my story loud & clear

I'm done dancing. I don't like to dance! Especially the yo-yo dance!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle, I have 2 teen boys and 1 9yo girl. I agree, girls are a different beast! My boys are not hormonal at all. When they get mad, they yell & threaten to beat the stuffings out of one another, but then they get over it and all's well with the world again. Girls and the drama...whooo doggie!!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thinking_thinly
Stats: 250/145/140
WOE: Paleo-ish
Start Date: Nov 15, 2012
Do you guys count CO calories, especially on DD's? It was my understanding they are used almost immediately as energy... I HAVE been counting them, but I wonder if it was not necessary?
thinking_thinly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Wow Carly,

You look great! You really stuck with it, and it shows. I can't believe your stats.

If I would have stayed with it I could have been 15-20 lbs less right now.
If I make it through the holidays without gaining it will be little miracle.

---------
Mere
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: route66
Stats: 160/<145/141
WOE: IF Combo - 6:1 & 16/8ish
Start Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinking_thinly View Post
Do you guys count CO calories, especially on DD's? It was my understanding they are used almost immediately as energy... I HAVE been counting them, but I wonder if it was not necessary?
I count everything on DD. (I take 2 tsp fish oil everyday as a supplement) - I allow a range of cals sub 500-800 for DD, so I am a little less strict than some.
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Thanks Mere! I have been working it, but also loving it so it's not too much work. Beside JUDDD I stopped drinking coffee on DD and limit myself to 1 glass of diet soda a week. That is a bit harder. I've had 1/2 a glass of fresh brewed iced tea and half a mug of hot tea, but boy would I love some coffee right now. I'll wait 20 minutes and re-evaluate. That is my trick for hunger or stuff like wanting coffee on DD. It usually passes in 20 minutes, but if it hasn't I decide then.

I count everything on DD and CO is no exception for me! I don't use it period on DD, but I've never had any really benefit/ success with it.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Atira
Stats: 267.4/265.2/150
WOE: CALP
Start Date: 12/26/2013
Okay, for someone new to this thread, some of these abbreviations are tricky. CO?
Atira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Danielle, I have 2 teen boys and 1 9yo girl. I agree, girls are a different beast! My boys are not hormonal at all. When they get mad, they yell & threaten to beat the stuffings out of one another, but then they get over it and all's well with the world again. Girls and the drama...whooo doggie!!
You said it all right there! Lord have mercy. There are days when they just won't stop that I put MYSELF in a time-out just to get away.

My son, he's the oldest..he was so easy and drama-free...then along come the girlies, and OMG! I truly believe it's the universe's way of paying me back
Old 11-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atira View Post
Okay, for someone new to this thread, some of these abbreviations are tricky. CO?
CO= coconut oil.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #104
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I didn't know that one either lol!

I count everything on my DDs, except I take a CLA supplement and have no idea how many calories are in that, so I don't worry about it (though it's four pills so maybe I should ).
Old 11-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #105
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Mere, good to have you back, your avatar and granny Pants always makes me smile.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You said it all right there! Lord have mercy. There are days when they just won't stop that I put MYSELF in a time-out just to get away.

My son, he's the oldest..he was so easy and drama-free...then along come the girlies, and OMG! I truly believe it's the universe's way of paying me back
Yep, I can totally relate, oooooh yes I can! Love my kids to pieces but sometimes momma needs a BREAK! (Target & Starbucks are mine!)

Alright girls, I am stuffed. I realize this is supposed to change as the weeks go by, but these UD calories are hard to get for me. I only ate 1/4 of a bagel this morning, got hungry for lunch finally & had a bit of rotisserie chicken w/ some FF greek yogurt & blueberries. Took my daughter out for a bit of shopping we needed to do and realized I was only at about 600 calories at 4pm. Yikes! I love my starbucks, so got a large skinny peppermint mocha. Had planned on chicken tacos for dinner so I allowed myself some chips & salsa to bulk up some calories. Kids wanted brownies for dinner, and since they were ghiradelli ones (my favs), I had a few bites. Nearest I can tell, I'm still only at about 1600 cals. I am STUFFED. There's no way I can have one more little bite of anything.

So, the moral to the story is this: one part of me still feels like the scale will be screaming at me in the morning for eating that much, and the other part of me is worried b/c I'm supposed to be at 18XX according to the calculator and I'm not meeting that. (plus I'm really low on DDs) Is that too low or is 1600 on UDs ok for now? (I realize I'll probably be laughing at myself in a month or so)

Last edited by Flutter; 11-18-2012 at 05:50 PM..
Old 11-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Flutter, from what I've read, the trick to losing is using all of your calorie allotment on UD's. Obviously, over time, if you can withstain it, you will lose by keeping calories low, but just like any other WOE, when you restrict cals too much, the body thinks it's starving and holds on to fat (for survival). That said, I haven't eaten that much today either...it's so much easier for me to eat less on the weekends, or when I'm not working. However, I am having some wine, which is very caloric and will probably meet or surpass my UD cals.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

See, that's what I read in the book, too, but I am really having a hard time getting the calories in. I'm just full all day. OY. Never thought that would be a problem. LOL!

There's no way I can eat another bite, though. It's pretty strange, really. Chocolate is 99% of my weight problem so the fact that I have freshly made brownies sitting practically on my lap and I can't make myself eat any is, ahhh, miraculous. I'm not gonna be happy if not eating enough is working against me, though. UGH
Old 11-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #109

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Yep, I can totally relate, oooooh yes I can! Love my kids to pieces but sometimes momma needs a BREAK! (Target & Starbucks are mine!)

Alright girls, I am stuffed. I realize this is supposed to change as the weeks go by, but these UD calories are hard to get for me. I only ate 1/4 of a bagel this morning, got hungry for lunch finally & had a bit of rotisserie chicken w/ some FF greek yogurt & blueberries. Took my daughter out for a bit of shopping we needed to do and realized I was only at about 600 calories at 4pm. Yikes! I love my starbucks, so got a large skinny peppermint mocha. Had planned on chicken tacos for dinner so I allowed myself some chips & salsa to bulk up some calories. Kids wanted brownies for dinner, and since they were ghiradelli ones (my favs), I had a few bites. Nearest I can tell, I'm still only at about 1600 cals. I am STUFFED. There's no way I can have one more little bite of anything.

So, the moral to the story is this: one part of me still feels like the scale will be screaming at me in the morning for eating that much, and the other part of me is worried b/c I'm supposed to be at 18XX according to the calculator and I'm not meeting that. (plus I'm really low on DDs) Is that too low or is 1600 on UDs ok for now? (I realize I'll probably be laughing at myself in a month or so)
I've bolded where you went wrong. UDs are supposed to be decadent. No need for fat free yogurt or skinny anything! Go for higher calorie items and I guarantee you'll get to your calorie ceiling. Choose beef or lamb, bacon, etc. over lower calorie chicken. Add butter to your veggies. Full fat milk or cream in your coffee. Nuts, nut butters, avocado, etc., all add quite a lot of calories and good fats without making you feel stuffed to the gills.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
I am having a hard time getting all my UD calories too. I guess the fear of gaining is a problem. I have never eaten that many calories without gaining (2100). I will try it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes, I can always lower it if I need to.

I am using shakes on DD this time and it has made things much easier. My appetite seems to start after I eat solid food. Although I am still not down to 400 calories, 500-600 calories is do-able without too much stress.

I am down 5 pounds at one week on JUDDD. I am sure that it is beginners water loss. We will see what the next few weeks brings.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I've noticed that a lot of us, when new to JUDDD are really afraid to eat up day calories. Don't be afraid! This is the diet where you can eat really, really well every other day and still lose weight.

Also, it can be hard to get in all the up day calories at first, especially if you have a lot of them. If you get within 200 calories, that's probably pretty good, but enjoy them! As Dawn said, be a little decadent. Have some high fat items if you're having trouble getting close. Some of us found that after a couple months, our bodies figured out what we were doing and we got hungrier on up days, so enjoy this phase.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #112

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Dawn said it! You are doing fine Flutter and Halos, but just allow yourself to think outside the box.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sally, congrats on the 5#!!!! Who cares why!!! Hehe! I am glad I am not alone on the up day cals thing. Sounds like you have a great plan for today, too.

Oh boy, Dawn, you crack me up! I am really going to have to adjust my thinking here, huh? sheesh, add more fat? Hahaha, definitely a foreign thought to this gal! I'll give it a whirl next few up days!

Christina, yep, I think you've nailed it...it doesn't feel like I should be eating a bunch to lose weight. About the time I get it, I will probably be at the point you're talking about where I am ravenous. <snort>

Cindy, thank you! Btw, peeked at your pics last night! You look marvelous!!!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
So great to see so many newbies working JUDDD and encouraging each other. You guys are doing great!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Sally, great job on your loss so far!

Flutter, it is definitely a weird thought to actually up fat for an UD but it works. I shorted myself a few times on UD's and the scale gave me big bounces upwards I'm finding the closer I stick to getting alllllll my calories in the better my numbers look. I still close my eyes everytime I get on the scale! I enjoyed a REGULAR peppermint mocha the other day for the Twilight marathon...OMG heaven!!!!

mom23kids~ my CLA says 20cal for every 2... its 60 cal that I'm still contemplating
Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

I made myself a pretty large salad for my DD today and when I finished I go " I'm never going to be able to finish all that!" Feels pretty good to feel like you are eating like a king on DD!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I'm eating like a pauper. I thought I was doing well, but the hunger beast has come back and it's stomping mad!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

If it fits in your calories, try eating a piece of REALLY dark chocolate. That KILLS the hungry beast for me. My favorite brand is Green and Black's 85% dark chocolate. If you are not used to dark chocolate it is pretty bitter, but you learn to like it. Also, if eating it is not your thing, you can always SNIFF it! Haha! I read about a swedish study that sniffing dark chocolate suppresses appetite! Wouldn't hurt to try it I guess! Lol
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #119
Established

Quote:
Sally, great job on your loss so far!

Flutter, it is definitely a weird thought to actually up fat for an UD but it works. I shorted myself a few times on UD's and the scale gave me big bounces upwards I'm finding the closer I stick to getting alllllll my calories in the better my numbers look. I still close my eyes everytime I get on the scale! I enjoyed a REGULAR peppermint mocha the other day for the Twilight marathon...OMG heaven!!!!

mom23kids~ my CLA says 20cal for every 2... its 60 cal that I'm still contemplating
Good to know-I'll probably stick to UDs with it then!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinking_thinly View Post
If it fits in your calories, try eating a piece of REALLY dark chocolate. That KILLS the hungry beast for me. My favorite brand is Green and Black's 85% dark chocolate. If you are not used to dark chocolate it is pretty bitter, but you learn to like it. Also, if eating it is not your thing, you can always SNIFF it! Haha! I read about a swedish study that sniffing dark chocolate suppresses appetite! Wouldn't hurt to try it I guess! Lol
Oh maaaaaaan, no way could I do that! Chocolate is my weakness. Last DD we were around a store that sold fudge & various handmade chocolates. Oh the smells coming out of that place. It was driving me mad! Yummo...

Danielle, well, we live & learn, right? I'll try to increase some fat cals tomorrow...we'll see how it goes! I'm sure I'll have ample opportunity to do that on Thursday. LOL!

thinking thinly, awesome on your too big of a salad for DD! Always nice to have portions that you're able to leave on the plate. Yay!