Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Thanks Cici!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
No I ate the WHOLE thing.

Wowwwwwww @160 calories!!! You go Girl! I want to be you when I grow up!
bahaha, I can't say I blame you on eating the whole thing. A little bar in half doesn't seem like much, huh? Today's another day chiquita!!!

Ah yea, 160 cals wasn't that bad, really, but like I've mentioned before...I need to be careful that I'm not trying to jump full throttle and then throw the towel in by spring. Clock me in the head if I start acting that way, ok? Really, it's ok...it's deserved!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
No problem Cindy. I'm glad to see all the activity in here.
Love your new pic Dawn!! Looking good!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:42 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yay, good to see you all doing well.

Cindy, don't worry about the few extra cals, your body is clearly fighting you a bit, and you are doing fine all round. Just because you see others managing on many fewer cals is not relevant. We are all different, thanks be!

Wow Dawn, you are looking simply beautiful. So slender.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #64
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Well, it's Saturday and a DD-we'll see how that goes lol. The plan is to do some work around the house today, so if I can stay close to home I shouldn't have a problem
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #65

You'll do fine, if you're lucky you'll get that great burst of energy some of us get on a DD.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:47 AM   #66
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
You'll do fine, if you're lucky you'll get that great burst of energy some of us get on a DD.
That would be lovely We're trying to get our house cleaned up for an appraisal. Last night my husband totally cleaned out our basement/organized it, and I went to bed So today I have to do some catching up We have a three season porch that's our storage room and it's a big mess so that's my project for today. Our front entryway/closet is also a mess so I'd love to get to that too. And I still need to clean the big pile of life vests from our sailboat, that have been sitting in my bathroom for two weeks now I better get to it!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:54 AM   #67

Off you go, this site is the biggest time waster, lol.

I wanted all you Newbies to see this great thread I am ELATED...or at the least "Normal"

This is another reason to Keep on Keeping on as we say.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Also a down day here for me. Since I have SB'd for a long time now, I've been weighing daily to get used to this "bounce" I keep hearing about on JUDDD. Is there someplace you guys use to record your weights and has a graph or something? I'd like to keep track of it to stay motivated. It's been wild to see already. (way different than I've ever seen my body do on south beach, for sure) Started Monday with I guess what you'd call here a moderate day (scale 190), Tues 1st DD (190), W-UD (185), TH-DD (189), F-UD (185), S-DD (185) Funky! and let me just say, WILD since I got hungry again after dinner and had another piece of pizza. (which my SB mind just reeled and said "bad girl!" about) I admit to being positive the scale would be at 189 anyways this morning. Craziness!

Last edited by Flutter; 11-17-2012 at 06:56 AM..
Old 11-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Off you go, this site is the biggest time waster, lol.

I wanted all you Newbies to see this great thread I am ELATED...or at the least "Normal"

This is another reason to Keep on Keeping on as we say.
Thanks! I did see that and loved it! My blood levels were so so so good after I lost a bunch of weight on SB. It's one of my biggest motivators to lose again. My b/p was up more than it ever has been the last time I was at my doc's. It's good to know this WOE has great health perks, too!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post
Are there many following JUDDD that choose to NOT consume any food (including shakes) during a DD? I have been pushing myself a little bit at a time and am surprising even myself. My first DD I held off breakfast until 10:30, my second DD I held off until 1pm, my last DD I held out until 5pm, and today I held out until 8:30pm. I ate only because I had prepared my salad ahead of time and didn't want it to go to waste. I made myself 2 large coffees throughout the day and that is it and water of course. I wonder now why I even bothered with the salad as I really wasnt hungry...Only ate 3/4 of it and am stuffed.

Does anyone "fast" to this extent on a regular basis and if so, does it make a big difference on the scale or do you just eat that much more on an UP??
Yes, most DDs all I have is a 95 (sometimes up to 150) calorie bedtime snack at about 9pm. Last night (DD) I had my snack at 10:30pm so it had been over 24 hours since I ate. I feel great on DDs. Most of them are full of productive energy and a really nice calm. I prefer not to bother with food at all on DD till bed time. If however, I'm hungry I have a cup of broth or a stalk of celery and then good to go.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Do you think it's a mind thing Carly? I have never been good at dieting and never really have (dieted) with much success. I have absolutely no ability to delay gratification, lol. I really hope for my sake that it's a physical thing and that the body adapts to DD's, not the mind.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 11-17-2012 at 07:39 AM..
Old 11-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #72
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Good morning! Also a down day here for me. Since I have SB'd for a long time now, I've been weighing daily to get used to this "bounce" I keep hearing about on JUDDD. Is there someplace you guys use to record your weights and has a graph or something? I'd like to keep track of it to stay motivated. It's been wild to see already. (way different than I've ever seen my body do on south beach, for sure) Started Monday with I guess what you'd call here a moderate day (scale 190), Tues 1st DD (190), W-UD (185), TH-DD (189), F-UD (185), S-DD (185) Funky! and let me just say, WILD since I got hungry again after dinner and had another piece of pizza. (which my SB mind just reeled and said "bad girl!" about) I admit to being positive the scale would be at 189 anyways this morning. Craziness!
I have an app on my tablet that graphs my weight loss Plus, the daily weigh in thread here is great for tracking your progress!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
I have an app on my tablet that graphs my weight loss Plus, the daily weigh in thread here is great for tracking your progress!
I have seen the daily weigh in thread...do you edit your post with every day's weight or do a new one each day? Sometimes I'm on my ipad and can't really c/p well...

I'll have to check graphs out for my ipad, thanks!

How's everyone doing today???
Old 11-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning flutter, my friend. It seems that people just post next day's weight, along with all others before it, starting at day 1 of the month (or day 1 of JUDDD, if it's after the beginning of the month). I usually just post my weight and in () say how much down. Does that make sense?

Just getting out of bed, lol. That was a luxury! I normally don't sleep in, but I stayed up until about 1:30 am last night. I ended up having one last glass of wine at 12ish, so I guess I've already had 100 calories on my DD. Nahhhhhhhh, haha, I'm not counting it!

Drinking my first cup of coffee with 2 T of SF peppermint mocha (30 cals). No food yet, but I feel very empty.

How's everyone doing today?

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Good morning ladies!

LOVE SF peppermint mocha creamer! Had some this morning!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ummm peppermint mocha is one of my favs, too! I normally just drink coffee at home w/ a splash of skim milk & a bit of splenda, though. Now, I do love me some starbucks skinny peppermint mocha, though...or a skinny latte. Yum! I was telling myself that some down day over the holidays I am going to buy a venti and just sip on it through the afternoon. It will make me happy and the cals are only 170.

Gotcha on the thread, I'll give it a whirl. How fun on your late night. I love those kinds of evenings. Last Christmas I got in to some trouble after a few rum & diet colas, though. Ahem, drunk shopping anyone? So. Much. Fun. <giggle>
Old 11-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH, doing fine so far this morning. Great mood, sipping on coffee, getting ready to hit the shower and figure out if we're going north for some family early Christmas activities & dinner. Outta be challenging with dinner on a down day, but I'll figure it out.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Do you think it's a mind thing Carly? I have never been good at dieting and never really have (dieted) with much success. I have absolutely no ability to delay gratification, lol. I really hope for my sake that it's a physical thing and that the body adapts to DD's, not the mind.
No, I don't think it is just a mind thing. For 1, my stomach has shrunk like I can't tell you. I was actually frustrated by that a few months ago, because when I wanted to eat a lot at a big event... I was stuffed by such a small amount. Today is an UD and I had a 250 calorie breakfast at about 10am and now it is 6pm and it has not occured to me to eat. It wasn't this way in the beginning, but has been for quite sometime. DW and I are going out to dinner so I'll probably get close to 1,000 that way and I always eat a bedtime snack, but my mind doesn't focus on food and eating much anymore. I know this will sound crazy, but I frequently can't remember if it is an UD or DD at different times of the day. for me that is the JUDDD calm. I'm never deprived so I don't have to obsess about food- so freeing!!! I got over weight by eating more than I needed (sleepwalk eating for me). I'm getting back to the size I should be by eating less than before, but actually just the amount my body needs. Obviously before it was more than my body needed or I would not have been 5'2"- 200 pounds. Hang in there with it JUDDD heals us on so many levels!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

It could be your weight too. You are sixy lbs lighter, so naturally it won't take as much to fill up your stomach now. I will probably find it easier as my stomach shrinks (along with the rest of me).

I did do a lot better today because I was at home and had lots to do around the house. Got busy cleaning and didn't even make it to movies (after all that!)...convinced bf to help and thought I better not stop while I've got him. haha, moved all his stuff out of my living room and it's like a new house! It kind of feels empty now. Anyway just made broccoli and potato soup and am having a bowl full. Haven't ate since breakfast and did ok with it.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #80

I like what I am reading here my lovely Newbies.

Instant gratification, now that is something I understand.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You guys, I didn't eat anything until dinner out w/ the family...at 8:00! To top it off, I wasn't hungry. Wow. I am actually quite shocked! We had a lovely time walking around town (decorated beautifully for Christmas), window shopped & then went to a big Christmas ornament place (tradition for us every year before turkey day). The restaurant we were going to eat at was packed so we ended up driving to my favorite Italian restaurant. Unbelievably, I didn't want my favorite lasagna (really was NOT hungry). I ended up ordering a chef salad, picking through it to find all the lettuce & dipping it in my side of ranch. I dunno how many calories I ended up with (I did eat some of the ham, turkey & mozz), but I think I did ok. Certainly not more than 500 with the amount left on my plate. Regardless, I think it was a good day. I almost feel guilty that tomorrow is an "up" day since we had so much fun today!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carly, how wonderful that you are doing so fabulous and can get confused which day it is now. LOVE that! Good for you girl! I can't imagine how frustrating it must have been to find that you were sleep eating so much and it was making you gain. Grrrrr! So happy you're feeling & looking so great! (great pic!)

Library, go you with that awesome down day! I wouldn't have stopped cleaning, either. I know how hard it can be getting your SO to purge and move stuff! Yep, yep I do!

Cindy, you are a peach!!! <muah>
Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You guys, I didn't eat anything until dinner out w/ the family...at 8:00! To top it off, I wasn't hungry. Wow. I am actually quite shocked! We had a lovely time walking around town (decorated beautifully for Christmas), window shopped & then went to a big Christmas ornament place (tradition for us every year before turkey day). The restaurant we were going to eat at was packed so we ended up driving to my favorite Italian restaurant. Unbelievably, I didn't want my favorite lasagna (really was NOT hungry). I ended up ordering a chef salad, picking through it to find all the lettuce & dipping it in my side of ranch. I dunno how many calories I ended up with (I did eat some of the ham, turkey & mozz), but I think I did ok. Certainly not more than 500 with the amount left on my plate. Regardless, I think it was a good day. I almost feel guilty that tomorrow is an "up" day since we had so much fun today!
Your day sounds lovely! Your "guilt" over an UD tomorrow is exactly the fleeting thoughts that I continue to have on mine too. It feels like my days just get better and better, and not even with the dieting aspect, I just mean in general. I think it's because I feel like I no longer obsess over what food will be, whether I'm starved, etc. I just have been enjoying myself with my kids and husband and preparing for the holiday has me especially excited this year!! Love the ornanment store idea, wish we had that here! Great day!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Hello Again

Hi everyone,

I did Juddd this past summer for about 6 weeks...I fell off the Juddd wagon at about week seven...I was to start again in the middle of Sept. and that never happened. One life event after another...I did one week of good rotations in the middle of Oct. (right before a family event)..Fell off again...

Then my birthday hit (buffets, buffets, buffets)...
SuperStorm Sandy hit (stress, stress, stress)...
Halloween hit...town postponed it 5 days... (yes I steal the candy, candy, candy).
Election Day hit (stress) ...
3 day trip hit(no explanation for this)...

I tried to start my DD everyday since the 11th of Nov.(fail)

I finally made it on Nov. 14th...(I began to read the boards again for inspiration)
Now I know it's only one week before Thanksgiving and I must be crazy...
I know there is NO WAY I will ever lose weight this holiday season. I usually gain around 15 lbs. My master plan is not to gain weight this holiday season. This way I will be ahead next year, and in my strange mind, will have lost 15 lbs... (hypothetically of course)

This is a first for me to declare a goal in public.

Goal for Holiday Season...NOT TO GAIN WEIGHT.
So 1st goal is declared, written in stone, posted on the internet(which is basically the same)...

I AM SO EXCITED.

---------
Mere
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #85

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
back Mere!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

I find it actually kind of a good thing to be starting near the holidays. I know that I can eat (UD) on special days, and won't be tempted to eat EVERY day! Especially when goodies are so abundant. I'm glad you're back, Mere. We can do this together!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay, Danielle!!!! You're ahead of me, so it's especially nice to hear how you're doing & how things are breezing along nicely now. Love that! I think I'm going to be fine on down days, too. I am having a bit of an issue with my teens. They're noticing I'm not eating and are concerned. (it's cute, really, but they just don't get it) DH is supportive, so that helps! Is your family great about your new way of eating?

Yay, Mere!!! I usually follow a similar pattern as you over the holidays. In past when I've lost weight, I've started around Feb, been at a great weight for fall and balloon up over the holidays. Not this year! I think it's going to be fabulous being super motivated at the very beginning of the holiday season. You can totally do it!!

Library, I feel the same way!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

I did my optimum weight calculation and found out for small/medium bone, I should weigh 122 lbs. For medium, 128 lbs. I'm not sure if I am small or medium boned, as I have smallish wrists, slightly under 6 in., but always had kind of big hips. Either weight seems incredibly small to me right now! I'd love to get to goal and go beyond.

(with effort in my early 30's I got down to 124, and maintained for a while. Later in my lateish 30's I was maintaining at 137 lbs. From there I ballooned, lol, but obviously I *can* get down to goal, realistically.)

Last edited by Librarygirl; 11-18-2012 at 07:57 AM..
Old 11-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yay, Danielle!!!! You're ahead of me, so it's especially nice to hear how you're doing & how things are breezing along nicely now. Love that! I think I'm going to be fine on down days, too. I am having a bit of an issue with my teens. They're noticing I'm not eating and are concerned. (it's cute, really, but they just don't get it) DH is supportive, so that helps! Is your family great about your new way of eating?

Yay, Mere!!! I usually follow a similar pattern as you over the holidays. In past when I've lost weight, I've started around Feb, been at a great weight for fall and balloon up over the holidays. Not this year! I think it's going to be fabulous being super motivated at the very beginning of the holiday season. You can totally do it!!

Library, I feel the same way!
Aw, thanks! However....today the scale was kinda mean and gave me a 3 pound gain Ah well, it's all in the game of JUDDD, right? Well, let's see..teenagers.... when DH & I started back to strict lc in May they were ok with things, altho DS did comment his "concern" over how much fat we were eating. But they cleaned their plates every single night! Now, DS has gone away to school and it's just my 2 girls.. at first they were confused about what I was doing, especially when on an UD they saw me eating chocolate chip cookies After I explained it all, they were like, ooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Ha! They're supportive and boy, they make sure to keep me in check if they feel like I'm deviating in any way....nasty lil buggers DH is JUDDD'ing..... or so he "thinks" he's trying to convince me

Mere~ Welcome back!!! I think it's a fantastic goal to have, a very very smart one, indeed!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Library, I used to be 5'4" and 125 as a teen wasn't bad to maintain, but as many times as I've lost and regained as an adult, 140 is about where I seem to plateau. We'll see what happens this time around! To be honest, if I can just get back down to a size 12, I'll be elated! I just want to be back in some normal type sized clothes again. It's just so much easier with so much more energy.

Danielle, I'm weighing daily right now (for the heck of it since this is new to me). The scale has been up and down quite crazily since I started this past week. It's a bit comical, really! After yesterday's DD, the scale went up 3#. LOL! Who knows, I don't really care at this point. I just want to feel better and moving back down overall. Cute on your teens trying to keep you in line now. LOLOL! My teen boys have enjoyed taunting me with "what's wrong? You can't have that?" My middle one is concerned, though. He thinks I'm being unhealthy. Cute kid he is.