Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
This really shocked me Steph. I am so sorry that happened to you. You are such an asset to the JUDDD boards.
It shocked me too, but I assume the person who did it must have been going through some difficult personal issue to lash out in such a way. However, it's water under the bridge. I wouldn't have even brought it up but for the possibility that this poster had encountered something or someone similar on these boards that prompted her to worry about our militancy!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<275/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
[threadjack]

Oh, thanks, you guys!!!
I have been fine since our power came back on Wednesday.
Just trying to keep my promise to myself
(of staying off the computer & being more productive)
& knitting away!

Here are some scarves I designed & made...they are SO soft & fluffy!

[/threadjack]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scarves.jpg (68.4 KB, 14 views)
piratejenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
The scarves are GORGEOUS! I wish I could knit like that. You have a gift PJ.

I am sorry that you had to go through so much with the storm.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Cute! You need to start a website where people can order your goods.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
@PJ are you on etsy? It would tickle me no end to buy a scarf knowing it came from your sweet hands
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by halos View Post
Thank you all for the welcome.

This time around I want it to be as liveable as possible. I want to lose the stress and DIET mentality. I am so tired of always thinking about food....there are more important things in my life.

I'm sure I will make lots of mistakes and have to recouperate, but that is part of life. If I can stick with it a few weeks I will develope a rythem and the up and down rotation should fall into place. Instead of an all or nothing approach I am choosing "Never give up, never surrender"
Welcome! Totally right!

Experiment, Experiment, Experiment.

Find a few online calculators or ask your doctor to calculate your RMR (resting metabolic rate). Then, if low DDs are hard, eat below your rmr on DD and above on UD. As Yam-Yam says, sirtuin production happens every time you eat low - over time your eating needs will probably change.

Pay attention to how hungry you are every morning and figure out if there are foods that 'carry' forward to the next day. Try eating tiny meals every hour on DD. Try fasting. Try having two DDs in a row. Play with - and become friends with your food and your body! Do you do better with higher fat/lower volume? Do you flourish on veggies? Does eating more protein do it for you?

Always, always, always on DDs have foods planned in small caloric amounts so, if you do get hungry, you can satisfy that hunger without lifting the fridge and pouring it into your mouth.

If you do realize you just cleaned out the pantry with a side of ice cream, don't panic, don't get mad at yourself, don't even despair. Just figure out what triggered the Roman Feast and make plans to avoid the trigger in the future.

We are unbelievably fortunate here: lots of BUDDDs are really curious about the science behind the WOE. They research (and in the last year there have been a lot serious studies about IF/calorie restriction) and they share what they learn. The info they provide is invaluable - and gives us new ways to experiment.

Obviously, I am an experimenter. JUDDD is the most downright fun WOE I have ever encountered...and I am finding for the first time, maintenance is easier and even more fun!

I really, really believe coming here often is a huge key to success. Reading, asking questions, answering questions, joining in experiments and discussions - this virtual, caring community - is key to my success. I hope it is key to yours too!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 11-15-2012 at 03:16 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Welcome! Totally right!

Experiment, Experiment, Experiment.

Find a few online calculators or ask your doctor to calculate your RMR (resting metabolic rate). Then, if low DDs are hard, eat below your rmr on DD and above on UD. As Yam-Yam says, sirtuin production happens every time you eat low - over time your eating needs will probably change.

Pay attention to how hungry you are every morning and figure out if there are foods that 'carry' forward to the next day. Try eating tiny meals every hour on DD. Try fasting. Try having two DDs in a row. Play with - and become friends with your food and your body! Do you do better with higher fat/lower volume? Do you flourish on veggies? Does eating more protein do it for you?

Always, always, always on DDs have foods planned in small caloric amounts so, if you do get hungry, you can satisfy that hunger without lifting the fridge and pouring it into your mouth.

If you do realize you just cleaned out the pantry with a side of ice cream, don't panic, don't get mad at yourself, don't even despair. Just figure out what triggered the Roman Feast and make plans to avoid the trigger in the future.

We are unbelievably fortunate here: lots of BUDDDs are really curious about the science behind the WOE. They research (and in the last year there have been a lot serious studies about IF/calorie restriction) and they share what they learn. The info they provide is invaluable - and gives us new ways to experiment.

Obviously, I am an experimenter. JUDDD is the most downright fun WOE I have ever encountered...and I am finding for the first time, maintenance is easier and even more fun!

I really, really believe coming here often is a huge key to success. Reading, asking questions, answering questions, joining in experiments and discussions - this virtual, caring community - is key to my success. I hope it is key to yours too!
, particularly the use of the phrase, "side of ice cream."

You know, as much as my heart breaks for anyone fearing militant nastiness here, I've got this sit-com going in my head all the time now, in which Carly tells people to shape up or ship out, and Cindy says, "well what did you expect, you loser," and Cici says, "just toughen up, bozo," etc. And Kimberly! Watch out for that meanie! Dawn would tell people to give up because JUDDD can only work for her. Nancy would remind us that we're not smart enough to get this. PJ would just throw her hands up and ignore us when we need help.
Really, this is taking up way too much time in my head. (Otherwise I'd do more of us. I don't mean to leave anyone out.)

This is the sweetest place on earth, truly, filled with people who understand the ups and downs and just want to celebrate together. Thanks to everybody for creating this space.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Joy!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:21 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post

You know, as much as my heart breaks for anyone fearing militant nastiness here, I've got this sit-com going in my head all the time now, in which Carly tells people to shape up or ship out, and Cindy says, "well what did you expect, you loser," and Cici says, "just toughen up, bozo," etc. And Kimberly! Watch out for that meanie! Dawn would tell people to give up because JUDDD can only work for her. Nancy would remind us that we're not smart enough to get this. PJ would just throw her hands up and ignore us when we need help.
Really, this is taking up way too much time in my head. (Otherwise I'd do more of us. I don't mean to leave anyone out.)

This is the sweetest place on earth, truly, filled with people who understand the ups and downs and just want to celebrate together. Thanks to everybody for creating this space.
Ha ha ha! ROFL!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
we have had some "militant nasties" in the past. I do remember. Those days seem to be gone, thank god. Dieting is hard enough without shaming and insults. I love this board and its compassionate and loving support for everyone. It creates an atmosphere of caring and acceptance that is not easy to find on the web.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
No one has ever been militant with me and I've changed my calorie levels all over the place. Everyone has been NOTHING BUT ENCOURAGING. I don't post often, but I check in here a lot because all of these ladies (and some gentlemen) are so inspiring and are so welcoming. I encourage you to keep checking in - at least to read here. You can learn some interesting tricks here!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
In my first weeks here, someone on this board chose to send me a private email through my author account in which they took exception to posts about my struggles with hunger and actually called me names I hadn't heard since grade school.

I haven't seen that person on the boards since and have long since decided that it was a pretty random happenstance.

Part of the beauty of JUDDD is that there's nothing militant about it. It's about balancing out our calories, our mindset, and our lives. So I think you're going to do really wonderfully here.

And I have never met such nice people as on this board. They are amazing.
I went back and read the other responses and this made me . Glad you still came back after that... Some people find way too much enjoyment in being "mean girls" on the internet. They are just unhappy people.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #43

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Kristin, I'm literally tearing up here trying to contain my laughter. I should not have read your post at work!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 11-15-2012 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: too many to list!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<275/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Joy, those are our Evil Universe Alternates!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
@PJ are you on etsy? It would tickle me no end to buy a scarf knowing it came from your sweet hands

I will be soon!
(PirateJenny is taken so I chose PirateJenny23 to be the name of my shop.)
Right now I am trying to build up a little inventory and my neighbor has already ordered 4 things for Christmas presents for her family!
piratejenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
I've got this sit-com going in my head all the time now, in which Carly tells people to shape up or ship out, and Cindy says, "well what did you expect, you loser," and Cici says, "just toughen up, bozo," etc. And Kimberly! Watch out for that meanie! Dawn would tell people to give up because JUDDD can only work for her. Nancy would remind us that we're not smart enough to get this. PJ would just throw her hands up and ignore us when we need help.
Oh yeah. You're a writer!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #46

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yeah, really!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:

cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
JoyJoy
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11

LOL Kristin, that made me day! Now instead of thinking we're militant, Sally will just think we're crazy.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #50

THen we have been found out.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
JoyJoy that was hilarious
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
It was only a matter of time!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #54

MADDD BADDD JUDDD BUDDDs.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Kristin:

Stephanie: I do hope you reported that person.

The only time I remember someone being negative was when a lady came here from another LC forum and yelled at us for eating candy at Easter and saying we don't belong on LCF because we eat carbs and have too much fun.

(Around that time there were lots of jokes and stories about pants on the ground and wine drinking and favorite Easter candy and such and maybe it was all too much for someone who does not know how truly crazy we are).

I read some of her posts on other boards like the lower lobby and I'm telling you, that lady was grumpy!

Sometimes I've ventured on to threads on another forum where lots of people seem very irritable.

I always think they are just HUNGRY and should switch to JUDD so they can enjoy UDs and cookies!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote