Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Those of you NOT following LC

Do you worry about "wheat belly" or "why we get fat" now that you know about these things, but are choosing to lose weight another way (IF)? I was just wondering because now that I have read (and agree) with a lot of what's been said about sugar, wheat and all the white stuff...I want to know if you feel that you could be losing more if you stayed strictly low carb, if you could be feeling any differently, etc.

Anyone feel like sharing?
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I don't low carb anymore. If I want ice cream, I eat it. I eat lots of things like sweet potatoes, purple hull peas, fruit and so forth. So not eating LC doesn't mean I live on wheat and sugar. Now I will not pass up carrot cake on an UD but I don't eat bread or pancakes or pizza. I use spaghetti squash and rice rather than pasta. And I am at goal and am maintaining.
I have no desire to spend the rest of my life deprived of anything that I consider a treat so I eat whatever and just count calories. makes my life easier. Went to a meeting last week and lunch was salad and baked potatoes with all of the trimmings. I ate it and enjoyed it. On LC I would have eaten a salad. And felt deprived that I could not have the giant baked potato which was delicious by the way.
I shared.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
I struggled to lose weight for 6 months. It took me that long to lose roughly 12 pounds doing strict low carb. I was working out 6 days a week busting my butt and still the weight wouldn't budge. While I felt good, the weight wasn't coming off. In fact, the weight started to come back no matter how I tweaked my menus. Very frustrating.

Naturally I tend to gravitate towards lower carb foods, but like Adi, I don't deprive myself when something truly yummy comes up that has sugar in it, whether it's a piece of pie or some fruit. I tend to not eat much bread anyways, give or take a 100 cal bagel every now and again.. I just count my calories and move forward. What I'm realizing is that I *can* handle some sugar, some of the white stuff...but in moderation. Gone are the days of eating like a wild animal No more closing my eyes and being in denial of what I'm shoving into my mouth. I'm accountable, I count it and move on.

JUDDD has freed me from a cycle of the truest sense of the term "yo-yo". So far so good!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WantToBeSlim
Stats: 219.25/174/147
Start Date: October 1st 2012
I don't count my carbs while doing JUDDD, just my calories. I have done LC many times previously, both with atkins style calories and low calorie... both I didn't seem to lose much weight, maybe 4lb a month if I was lucky. I am doing much better on JUDDD sticking to my calorie allowances and not restricting carbs. A part of me does wonder if doing JUDDD and low carb would mean different losses but at the moment I'm happy with my losses so far to change anything. Also I did not enjoy my times doing low carb, I felt so restricted and missed so many foods I would give up. I have not felt like this once since starting JUDDD, I don't even feel like I am on a 'diet'.

Start weight 219.25 lb - UK size 22/24
Current weight 174 lb - UK size 16/18
Goal weight 147 lb - UK size 14
WantToBeSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I think there is a lot of truth in the Taubes books etc. But it seems that by following JUDDD I don't have the metabolism issues with carbs that I believed I did.

No wheat belly here I am happy to report.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Good question! This is something I'm trying to figure out as I've just read Why We Get Fat/watched Taubes videos, watched Fat Head, read The Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise etc etc. Low carb low carb low carb lol. But, then I see members having such great success with just counting calories on JUDDD and it makes me go hmmmm...

Right now I'm aiming for under 40 carbs a day, but I'm toying with the idea of bumping that up to 50 on UD's, to give myself a bit of breathing room. I'm still going to work on keeping the sugar down, since I've had elevated sugar levels in the past and a big family tree of diabetes.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #7

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I lost slower and less consistently on Atkins than I do on JUDDD, and I don't worry one little bit about wheat or sugar or anything other than calories. That being said, most carby items also have high calories, so I don't go hog wild on them. I'd rather have a sweet potato than a baked potato, and a small amount of really good bread than a bunch of white bread. I do have pizza and pasta sometimes, but not very often. Today I had a protein bar for breakfast which was chock full of carbs, I'm sure - though I didn't check, and a turkey burger with the bun for lunch. I have no idea what dinner will be, but I do have a nice artisanal loaf of French bread at home and will probably have a small slice with whatever protein/veg combination I make.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Good thoughts, Everyone! I plan to not be as strict on my carb intake too, now that I've jumped aboard the JUDDD train. I just wanted some reassurance. I do feel much less bloated, and in fact not bloated at all on low carb, but I'm not really losing. Not much. I hope JUDDD will be the turnaround I need, and I also want to be able to enjoy some of the "forbidden" foods I had to give up while eating LC. I trust you guys when you say it has not been a problem for you! I don't have sugar issues, and neither does anyone in my family...I just ate too damned much, lol.

Today was a long DD day, my first one, and I'm looking forward to my first (real) UD! Yayyy for JUDDD!!!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 11-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Good thoughts, Everyone! I plan to not be as strict on my carb intake too, now that I've jumped aboard the JUDDD train. I just wanted some reassurance. I do feel much less bloated, and in fact not bloated at all on low carb, but I'm not really losing. Not much. I hope JUDDD will be the turnaround I need, and I also want to be able to enjoy some of the "forbidden" foods I had to give up while eating LC. I trust you guys when you say it has not been a problem for you! I don't have sugar issues, and neither does anyone in my family...I just ate too damned much, lol.

Today was a long DD day, my first one, and I'm looking forward to my first (real) UD! Yayyy for JUDDD!!!
I think we'll be fine with a bit more carbs, as long as we don't get too crazy Yesterday I had a fudge covered Oreo and it was lovely But, I only had one, instead of the 3 or 4 that I would have grabbed before I started lc!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
My losses have been no slower since I gave up low carb (after first full month of JUDDD under 20 net grams), but I have been way happier, more relaxed and totally free since I stopped low carb. I once lost 110lbs on Atkin's but I was not loving life like I am now and needless to say after 3 years I broke. I had one "cheat day" and in 1 year gained all the weight back. I actually love DDs and will have to figure out how to keep 2 really low (under 200 cal DDs in maintenance) since I won't give up that DD bliss.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

I think I'm close to 600 cals. No more food today. I hope I didn't blow my first DD.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Even my blood sugar is better.

Anyone who hasn't read the sticky, 'Benefits.......' should do so. Also the BBC special is a real eye opener re health benefits.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I've been off all Diabetic medication since the end of March including an injection twice a day. My A1C is now under 6.5 and I don't count carbs! Don't get me wrong I don't eat a loaf of bread chased by a gallon of ice cream, but I will eat both of those and other tasty treats on occasion with no ill effect on weight loss or blood glucose. Last week I went out for dinner and had spinach artichoke dip with pita chips and 5 buffalo wings. Came home 90 minutes later and my blood sugar was 143. Not bad for someone who had to inject themself 2x a day several month ago!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
It must be something having to do with intermittent fasting, because I think carbs might have been an issue for me before when it comes to weight loss, but they don't seem to be now. (I don't worry about carbs at all on JUDDD). I do fairly low carb down days, but only because I'm less hungry that way. I don't know if I would have lost faster on low carb, but I have a record of not having been able to sustain low carb as well.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I feel that eating low carb for almost 9 years healed my metabolism and that I'm no longer insulin resistant. It seems that way, anyway. My metabolism seems to be "normal", if there is such a thing. I do strict DDs that happen to be low carb, but on my UDs, I eat what I want. I still prefer a lot of low carb foods, but I enjoy ice cream and bread if I want it. I feel great!

I think, for me, just being at my goal weight reduces my health risks greatly. My blood pressure has always been good, but it's even better now. I don't seem to have any risk factors for health problems. I think that fasting stresses your body in a good way that is protective. That's just my take on it.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
I feel that eating low carb for almost 9 years healed my metabolism and that I'm no longer insulin resistant. It seems that way, anyway. My metabolism seems to be "normal", if there is such a thing. I do strict DDs that happen to be low carb, but on my UDs, I eat what I want. I still prefer a lot of low carb foods, but I enjoy ice cream and bread if I want it. I feel great!

I think, for me, just being at my goal weight reduces my health risks greatly. My blood pressure has always been good, but it's even better now. I don't seem to have any risk factors for health problems. I think that fasting stresses your body in a good way that is protective. That's just my take on it.
Hi Laurie

I was noticing that you have done Atkins, then HCG...now JUDDD. I am pretty much doing the exact same thing...last dose is this Friday...then P3...then JUDDD on Nov. 26th. Do you have any advice? Do's & Don'ts? How long did it take you to stabilize? I want to be successful. I tend to gain 2- 3 pounds every time I take a PI or P3 break. I worry that I will gain any amount.

I see that you are in Fort Worth also. Northwest side here!!! We're neighbors

Thanks!!!
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Interested in the answers you may get!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:45 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 149/138/130
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
I did atkins for four months earlier this year and went fron 64kg to 68kg. My body was always deprived and i felt faint in the afternoon. After a check up at the doctor, he told me my blood pressure was low and if i wanted sugar, EAT IT! Maybe low carb just wasn't for me. All my other results were absolutely perfect. Judddd has allowed me to eat all kinds of food and on a 300 cal DD, i never feel faint. I just love how my body feels now! My metabolism is the best i can remember and i have never felt so positive about a weight loss eating plan.. i will never give carbs much thought again. All i can say is my Dd's are low carb because i find fat and protein help me get through good luck with ehat path you choose, if your body feels good on less carbs, carry on!

Last edited by SICCHI; 11-14-2012 at 03:48 AM..
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:00 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
600 calories on DD is not blowing it. That is way below your RMR so your body still perceives it as deprivation. When I was losing, and now in maintenance, my DDs always bounced around. As time passes, many of us find it easier and easier to enjoy really low cal DDs.

As far as LC goes. I started there, lost for two weeks, then stalled. For the next almost three months I experimented - VLC for two weeks, zero carbs for three weeks, other levels. I found the only way I could lose was by eating more carbs than the rules say is optimal. I remember on the LC forums I felt like a sneak.

JUDDD kick-restarted weight loss beautifully.

I get most of my carbs from veggies and fruit - mostly veggies. That does include potatoes and rice (in planned amounts). I did eat wheat products like bread - but stopped because just recently I have had 'intolerance' type reactions to wheat/glucose. JUDDD's training made it easy to stop.

And, while watching calories carefully, I do enjoy (and I do mean savor, cherish, enjoy with a capital "E") dessert when it is something special. If, when I taste it I find it is not special, I save the calories for something deserving.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you. I am blissfully ignoring carbs for now. It's my UD!!! Joy, joy. So far, I've had over 700 calories and feel like I've barely eaten, lol. I've not even had lunch! All I've had is two cups of coffee, with cream, and I may have over estimated cals...4 slices of turkey with pickle, 1 string cheese and about 2 oz of cocoa roasted almonds. I feel a little full after my second (oz) serving of almonds, but have plans for a big lunch...I doubt I'll eat much tonight, but I've got about 1200 cals left, so I think I can make it.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulf Coast Girl
Stats: Goal Feb '10. Lost 163 lbs.
I lost my weight pure LC but even then I didn't believe those books/theories were the be all end all for every single person in the world. We're all different. Are there some people who absolutely can't eat carbs for various reasons? Yes. But that's just simply not the case for me and as we see here every day it's not true for plenty of people on this thread too.

What I've learned from reading the JUDDD threads is that it gets easier once you have a few weeks/months of practice. At first it's hard to get out of your head and stop 'worrying' about the numbers or the ratios but eventually it just becomes "Hey I'm living my life" vs "Hey I'm on LC or WW or whatever".
Old 11-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Definitely hyperbole in all those books.

Just think of the $$ you'll be saving on book buying....or the lack there of.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy PreK Teacher View Post
Hi Laurie

I was noticing that you have done Atkins, then HCG...now JUDDD. I am pretty much doing the exact same thing...last dose is this Friday...then P3...then JUDDD on Nov. 26th. Do you have any advice? Do's & Don'ts? How long did it take you to stabilize? I want to be successful. I tend to gain 2- 3 pounds every time I take a PI or P3 break. I worry that I will gain any amount.

I see that you are in Fort Worth also. Northwest side here!!! We're neighbors

Thanks!!!
Hi, Crazy! Yes, it seems we're neighbors. We're on the southwest side of Fort Worth, just outside of Crowley.

I did low carb for many, many years. I was able to initially lose about fifty pounds, but kept creeping back up and never got to my goal, despite how many tweaks I made to my diet. About three years ago, I discovered hCG and my DH and I were finally able to get to goal that way. We then did about 2 "maintenance rounds" a year to try to keep the weight under control. It was a struggle. The minute I moved to P3, I started to gain every time. Personally, I don't believe that hCG resets the hypothalamus. I could gain weight again easily, if I let myself.

Then, almost exactly a year ago, after having done yet another round of hCG and getting sick of it, I was still sitting about 10-12 lbs. above my goal and was starting to creep up again. I found JUDDD and I've never looked back. I didn't do my P3 at all, just jumped right into JUDDD. My body really liked it. I ate 500 calories for DDs, and about 1900 calories for UDs (I'm 5'7"). I slowly, but steadlylost the rest of those pesky pounds, plus a few more, and ate a lot of good food through the holidays, too.

Now, it's been a year, and I've been faithful to the plan. However, I've eaten more and more on my UDs, so I have crept up to right around my goal weight, but I'm still well under where I ended up with hCG. I love eating what I want! I have no problem eating 600 calories on DDs, and do that faithfully. My DH has been on this journey, too, and has had similar results. We really enjoy so many foods and eating occasions now that we had to shun before. I will do JUDDD forever!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Laurie,

Just wanted to comment at how great you and dh look in your pics!!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh, I think in his books Mr. Taubes came closer to the truth than 99.99999% of the nutrition/WOE books on the market.

I also think most researchers and nutritionists are dedicated to 'one size fits all'. Anyone who eats this will lose weight. This is bad for everyone. It don't work that way.

Once we get beyond that paradigm, research may discover ever so much more about how the human body works...maybe even why carbs are poison for some and necessary for others...maybe we will even learn that mice are not always the best test subjects when humanity is the goal.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #26

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Laurie,

Just wanted to comment at how great you and dh look in your pics!!
LG (Cindy) I am so glad you looked at these wonderful photos, it gives one hope yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Oh, I think in his books Mr. Taubes came closer to the truth than 99.99999% of the nutrition/WOE books on the market.

I also think most researchers and nutritionists are dedicated to 'one size fits all'. Anyone who eats this will lose weight. This is bad for everyone. It don't work that way.

Once we get beyond that paradigm, research may discover ever so much more about how the human body works...maybe even why carbs are poison for some and necessary for others...maybe we will even learn that mice are not always the best test subjects when humanity is the goal.
Nancy, you hit the nail on the head here. I truly believed I couldn't eat carbs, and that the LC route was the only way for me. In many, many ways it worked too. But I could never stay at goal no matter how hard I worked it.

Since JUDDD I started to understand that my body needed so much less food. The magic however is in the Alternate Days. Without these rotations I doubt I would be as happy with my size as I am today.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I eat real organic food mostly.
No fast food for years, avoid most processed food.
Try to use organic whole spelt over other grasses. We harvest our own wild game or buy from a family member who raises us grass fed beef as our meat sources predominantly. Raise a garden and store what we can. Try to avoid refined sugar, and keep sugars minimal even when using coconut palm sugar, local organic raw honey, etc. I do use organic erythritol and stevia for sweet, but really our palates have changed so much we don't do sweet too often. I drink plain organic hemp protein mixed in water on down days if that gives you insight into the change away from sweet. I cook deliberately for leftovers since we don't really purchase convenience foods. It continues to be a process to switch to this type of eating, but I figure my family's health is worth a lot of thoughtfulness and effort.
I agree with Taubes that a calorie is not a calorie. Even with intermittent fasting I lose incredibly slowly, but the amazing thing is I have kept what is lost off and continue to make progress.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #28
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

I just read Taubes book, but can't remember if he specifically says how many carbs are ok, (someone correct me if I'm wrong!). I got the impression that just trying to eat less carbs in general was a good thing ie less than the USDA's daily recommended 325g a day So even by following JUDDD and having higher carb UDs, we're eating less carbs and making better choices (like eating one cookie on an UD instead of 5 ). I've gone through some of the threads of what people are eating on their UDs and it's overwhelmingly healthy! Sure there's an occasional eating out or a sweet treat, but I haven't seen anyone going crazy on the carbs and sugars on their UDs. So maybe JUDDD and lower carbs go hand in hand, even if it's not intentional?

Last edited by mom23kids; 11-14-2012 at 04:05 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
Hi, Crazy! Yes, it seems we're neighbors. We're on the southwest side of Fort Worth, just outside of Crowley.

I did low carb for many, many years. I was able to initially lose about fifty pounds, but kept creeping back up and never got to my goal, despite how many tweaks I made to my diet. About three years ago, I discovered hCG and my DH and I were finally able to get to goal that way. We then did about 2 "maintenance rounds" a year to try to keep the weight under control. It was a struggle. The minute I moved to P3, I started to gain every time. Personally, I don't believe that hCG resets the hypothalamus. I could gain weight again easily, if I let myself.

Then, almost exactly a year ago, after having done yet another round of hCG and getting sick of it, I was still sitting about 10-12 lbs. above my goal and was starting to creep up again. I found JUDDD and I've never looked back. I didn't do my P3 at all, just jumped right into JUDDD. My body really liked it. I ate 500 calories for DDs, and about 1900 calories for UDs (I'm 5'7"). I slowly, but steadlylost the rest of those pesky pounds, plus a few more, and ate a lot of good food through the holidays, too.

Now, it's been a year, and I've been faithful to the plan. However, I've eaten more and more on my UDs, so I have crept up to right around my goal weight, but I'm still well under where I ended up with hCG. I love eating what I want! I have no problem eating 600 calories on DDs, and do that faithfully. My DH has been on this journey, too, and has had similar results. We really enjoy so many foods and eating occasions now that we had to shun before. I will do JUDDD forever!
Hi Laurie

I am in the Saginaw/Eagle Mtn. area. Pretty close!!!

Thank you for responding. That is such good info to know...I may jump right in to JUDDD...my last dose day is Friday...so will start this coming Monday, perhaps. I'm really scared to leave HCG right now...I know...silly!!! Afraid of any little gain

Thanks again!!!
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

I went a little crazy today on my UD, and feel a little over-stuffed. I haven't been eating carbs for about 9 weeks and I think that might be where the bloated feeling is coming from. In fact, I am going to go over my allotted calories it looks like...will be staying away from restaurants for lunch for the most part from now on, lol. Would be ok if I hadn't eaten all day and went for dinner. Now I'm drinking some coffee with full-calorie creamer and I want another cup.

Getting ready to cook some chicken and cabbage for tomorrow. Thanks to whomever contributed the recipe for the chicken/cabbage/laughing cow cheese concoction.

LG