Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #31
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I went a little crazy today on my UD, and feel a little over-stuffed. I haven't been eating carbs for about 9 weeks and I think that might be where the bloated feeling is coming from. In fact, I am going to go over my allotted calories it looks like...will be staying away from restaurants for lunch for the most part from now on, lol. Would be ok if I hadn't eaten all day and went for dinner. Now I'm drinking some coffee with full-calorie creamer and I want another cup.

Getting ready to cook some chicken and cabbage for tomorrow. Thanks to whomever contributed the recipe for the chicken/cabbage/laughing cow cheese concoction.

LG
I'm feeling overfull right now too, but I always put 2tbsp ground flax seed in my taco salad and it makes me feel It's really healthy though so I put up with the feeling!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I've been eating raw veggies on my DD's, so I'll skip the flax. I might have 1MM for brekkie, and I do use 1 T of flax meal in that.

Who's taking a multi-vitamin? I don't take anything right now.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #33
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I've been eating raw veggies on my DD's, so I'll skip the flax. I might have 1MM for brekkie, and I do use 1 T of flax meal in that.

Who's taking a multi-vitamin? I don't take anything right now.
It feels like I'm taking everything but a multivitamin right now lol. But I'm not taking any supplements on my DDs.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
I eat real organic food mostly.
No fast food for years, avoid most processed food.
Try to use organic whole spelt over other grasses. We harvest our own wild game or buy from a family member who raises us grass fed beef as our meat sources predominantly. Raise a garden and store what we can. Try to avoid refined sugar, and keep sugars minimal even when using coconut palm sugar, local organic raw honey, etc. I do use organic erythritol and stevia for sweet, but really our palates have changed so much we don't do sweet too often. I drink plain organic hemp protein mixed in water on down days if that gives you insight into the change away from sweet. I cook deliberately for leftovers since we don't really purchase convenience foods. It continues to be a process to switch to this type of eating, but I figure my family's health is worth a lot of thoughtfulness and effort.
I agree with Taubes that a calorie is not a calorie. Even with intermittent fasting I lose incredibly slowly, but the amazing thing is I have kept what is lost off and continue to make progress.
Lou, I think we are almost twins.
I eat the cleanest I can and have gravitated to paleo with higher fat lower protein. I get a bad feeling when I eat processed food/sugar. It may be in my head though. I have been indoctrinated by Taubes/Mercola/Sisson. I think that since I never did the Atkins plan, that it was a gradual shift for me to changing my tastebuds. I do go off plan, if I eat at French/Italian/Mexican restaurants and so I try to only do this once in a while. Most of the foods that I crave come straight from the ground or the sea.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I notice Mr. Taubes mentioned a few times on this thread. I also read that he is a bit over-weight, if this is true it makes me wonder about the info he promotes.
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
I notice Mr. Taubes mentioned a few times on this thread. I also read that he is a bit over-weight, if this is true it makes me wonder about the info he promotes.
Leona, I believe you are thinking about Jimmy Moore. Taubes is fit. Or at least he was in June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDne...C497105313DB28
Old 11-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyitworks
Stats: 185/168/130 -17 Woohoo!
WOE: JUDDD (Is there any other way?)
Start Date: Restart July 2012 JUDDD. Start May 2012 Atkins
No worrying about carbs

I started JUDDD in July and eat what I want. as long as it fits into my calories. When I'm consistent with my UD/DD I lose, when I eat too many calories ...well you know what happens. I have lost about 20 lbs. and have not been able to do this even with strict exercise and dieting. I also haven't added much exercise into my days. Love the control!!
hollyitworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
There's a youtube called Low Carb vs Plant Based. Shows pics of the gurus.
I am not trying to stir up controversy and do not support veganism. It's just interesting to see pictures of various authors.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have seen that one and the photos don't lie. If they are living the life they advocate; something doesn't fit. I have often wondered how Atkins convinced anyone that his method would work, looking at how he looked before passing.

Although, I notice they failed to show any of the contemporary Low Carb docs/researchers that are fit. Most of the more recent are extremely fit, Robb Wolf, Michael Eades, Mark Sisson, Stephen Phinney, Jeff Volek, Dr. Richard Bernstein and Dr. Westman are most definitely fit.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Totally OT; but, Laurie & Angela, I grew up & lived most of my life in Tarrant County!! I moved to the Hill Country about 18 years ago. We really love it in the country! Texas just keeps getting smaller all the time!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 AM   #41
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Taubes is thin and looks just like the actor Owen Wilson
Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Taubes is thin and looks just like the actor Owen Wilson
I too have seen his thin photos! Then last night I read that he was not thin

Sometimes I think the internet can be not good! Too many write what is not true!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did not mean to bash Taubes w my hyperbole comment, although, Wheat Belly is a bit over the top.
It makes me think that he was not around pre food pyramid when obesity was not the norm but wheat was still eaten daily.

Also even countries w the most longevity eat wheat at most meals...bread being the most consumed.

Peop may say, 'well, it's modern wheat....', but believe me, Monsanto is hawking their products everywhere.

There's a lot more involved...

About those pics; there are a few females who LC and look great. Picking Fallon was good for their purpose since she looks awful....and miserable.

Obviously, the best advertising for an eating plan is success.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #44
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
I did not mean to bash Taubes w my hyperbole comment, although, Wheat Belly is a bit over the top.
It makes me think that he was not around pre food pyramid when obesity was not the norm but wheat was still eaten daily.

Also even countries w the most longevity eat wheat at most meals...bread being the most consumed.

Peop may say, 'well, it's modern wheat....', but believe me, Monsanto is hawking their products everywhere.

There's a lot more involved...

About those pics; there are a few females who LC and look great. Picking Fallon was good for their purpose since she looks awful....and miserable.

Obviously, the best advertising for an eating plan is success.
Gary Taubes did not write Wheat Belly-he wrote Why We Get Fat Taubes main issue is with sugar. He's writing a new book that just focuses on sugar.

Last edited by mom23kids; 11-15-2012 at 10:19 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry, I was not clear. I know that Taubes did not write Wheat Belly.

I do not want to start an arguement.....I was just trying to say that I was not trying to bash Taubes.

One of the reasons I came to JUDDD is because I wanted to give up my food obsessions.
I was some sort of vegetarian for 20 yrs then came to LC in the 90's.
I try to avoid reading anything dogmatic, at this point (having read everything printed or on the popular LC book list).....I am now 61 and do not want to spend the remainder of my life in this manner.

If any of my comments offend anyone, please ignore.....that is not my intention.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #46
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
Sorry, I was not clear. I know that Taubes did not write Wheat Belly.

I do not want to start an arguement.....I was just trying to say that I was not trying to bash Taubes.

One of the reasons I came to JUDDD is because I wanted to give up my food obsessions.
I was some sort of vegetarian for 20 yrs then came to LC in the 90's.
I try to avoid reading anything dogmatic, at this point (having read everything printed or on the popular LC book list).....I am now 61 and do not want to spend the remainder of my life in this manner.

If any of my comments offend anyone, please ignore.....that is not my intention.
Ah, I read your post wrong
Old 11-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #47
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Gary Taubes did not write Wheat Belly-he wrote Why We Get Fat Taubes main issue is with sugar. He's writing a new book that just focuses on sugar.
Oh, I will have to look out for that one. I love Taubes' work
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I did low carb for many many years and it was great for maintaining, but when you are maintaining at right around 200 lbs its not so great. I've been doing JUDDD for about 6 months losing around 6 pounds a month and for a lot of that time I've been really bad and had UUAD's just because its so darn fun! However, I do think that the key to intermittent fasting is that no matter what you eat on your DD, its going to pretty much end up low carb because its just not enough calories to eat anything very processed (I guess you could eat a couple cups of flour or something but blech ). My UD's are what the are and somehow it works. I don't really understand how it does, but I also no longer care. I have often tried to go back to low carb mixed with JUDDD but it doesn't mesh that well for me. I will also say the extremely high carb doesn't work well either as it starts the sugar monster up and I eat everything in sight. Just like everything else, it appears that moderation really is the answer.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Elise, I just now saw your stats! Congrats!

Your statement about the sugar monster is the same with me only I call mine, the "hunger monster". My hunger comes back with a vengeance if I have sugar or processed junk.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #50

This discussion is very interesting to me. I come from a diehard low carb background. However, it only worked for me for MAINTAINING. I never really lost on low carb. I started it because I was trying to rid myself (and indirectly my then 6 month old son, he is 13 years old now) of thrush--a really bad yeast infection that my breastfed son and I were passing back and forth. I was in tears, the pain was so bad. The only thing that cured thrush for us was the change in diet. I was hooked from then on because I could eat and eat and eat and not gain. I loved it!!! The foods are so yummy too. So this switch to JUDDD was difficult, despite the fact that we can low carb it, we don't have to. I am reading a book sample on my Kindle (and will probably end up getting the whole thing it is so darned good!) by Jenny Ruhl. It is called "Diet 101: The truth about low carb diet". She has done a couple of podcasts with JimmyMoore so you can look for those as well. She stated that "anyone with normal blood sugars can lose weight on a low calorie diet". Wow!!!! That is big news--but makes sense when you look at the successes on this board. Even though we are on a low carb forum LOL. Anyway, I find her book fascinating. I have her other book on diabetes because my young daughter is a tyep 1 diabetic. That book was recommended to me by the fine folks here on LCFs as well. I cannot wait to read more of this low carb book. I have seen some of her posts here on LCFs and thought they were a bit off for being on a low carb forum. But she knows her stuff!! She cites studies, has real life success stories from right here on LCFs, and has her polls she has taken from the fine folks here.

What a fascinating topic!!!! I wish to learn more!!!

Last edited by dawnyama; 11-15-2012 at 01:15 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I am reading a book sample on my Kindle (and will probably end up getting the whole thing it is so darned good!) by Jenny Ruhl. It is called "Diet 101: The truth about low carb diet". She has done a couple of podcasts with JimmyMoore so you can look for those as well. She stated that "anyone with normal blood sugars can lose weight on a low calorie diet". Wow!!!! That is big news--but makes sense when you look at the successes on this board. Even though we are on a low carb forum LOL. Anyway, I find her book fascinating. I have her other book on diabetes because my young daughter is a tyep 1 diabetic.

What a fascinating topic!!!! I wish to learn more!!!
Hmmm. I'm not familiar with her work at all. Being someone with insulin issues (but not diabetic) I guess I should look at the second book you mentioned. In the sample you are reading does she talk about a LC plan for people with abnormal blood sugar or IR?
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #52

I have not gotten that far into the book. And I just have the sample. Not sure how far I can go into the book either. I have her blood sugar book. But have not read it all. One of the first books I got when DD was diagnosed with type 1. She has a website. Excellent for diabetes information. Maybe you can google her? I know she posted here on LCFs a while back....
Old 11-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I have not gotten that far into the book. And I just have the sample. Not sure how far I can go into the book either. I have her blood sugar book. But have not read it all. One of the first books I got when DD was diagnosed with type 1. She has a website. Excellent for diabetes information. Maybe you can google her? I know she posted here on LCFs a while back....
Thanks. I will google her and probably read the samples on my kindle and/or see if they have it in our statewide kindle library.
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #54

She has tons of info on her site!!! You can read/research for hours.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
So is it a Low Carb proponent (or is she), or is she saying it's bunk unless you have sugar problems?
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #56

She gives you the information to make an informed decision all on your own. Not so much pro or anti low carb. She wants you to investigate for yourself if it would be a good fit *for you* as we all are different. She also stated in the intro to the book that she knows why most people stall out on low carb plans. Very interesting stuff!! She keeps saying she will shock you!!! She wrote the low carb book because she got some really great feedback after doing Jimmy Moore's podcast and was invited back to do another one. So her information was good enough for that!! Another way to search her out is through those podcasts.