Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Anyone taking CLA?

Conjugated Linoleic Acid.

Apparently it's a healthy fat that comes from safflower oil.

I was reading "The PH Miracle For Weight Loss" and there is very convincing research regarding the fat burning and fat blocking properties of taking 2000 mg capsules of CLA twice a day.

About 5 days ago I went to the pharmacy and found a brand called "Fat Zero" in the diet section.

I've been taking one in the morning and one before dinner every day for 4.5 days so far.

Wow! I feel like my digestive system is just humming along!

In several studies sited in the book, subjects who took CLA without making any changes to their diet or exercise program lost about 9 pounds in a couple of months.

I'm a fan of anything that encourages stored fat to be released and blocks the body's ability to store new fat.

Yesterday I tried on a pair of black jeans that were too tight a week ago. Wow! They looked and felt great! A noticeable difference.

Besides getting back to my DD rotations after vacation, the CLA is the only thing I'm doing differently.

BTW as of this morning I've lost 4 of the vacation pounds I gained. Wooo-Hooooo!!! Yesterday was a lovely and successful DD!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Yam-Yam! You're really getting back to it! Please keep us posted on how you continue to feel and progress with the CLA. I'm curious. Just trying not to spend a lot of money on supplements unless I'm confident they can help me in my goals and health. I'll be watching....
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Benefits of CLA

I'm Googling around and there are a lot of articles on the web with info. Here is a quote from one:

"Linoleic acid belongs to the omega family of fatty acids, which perform vital functions in the body and are necessary for optimal health and physical condition. The conjugated form of linoleic acid, also known as CLA, is a combination of the different forms in which linoleic acid occurs in nature. It may be beneficial in numerous health conditions, including heart disease and cancer, and may reduce body fat. Certain foods contain CLA, and it can also be taken as a supplement.
Loss of Body Fat

CLA appears to be involved in the regulation of fat, or adipose tissue, by the body. Though the precise role it plays is not currently known, according to the Pennington Biomedical Research Center, CLA assists in the use of body fat as a source of energy, and studies in which animals were fed diets high in CLA resulted in an increase of energy expenditure and a decrease in body fat levels. In addition, CLA appears to prevent the decrease in metabolic rate usually associated with a decrease in caloric consumption. The benefits of CLA for fat-loss are thus twofold, both assisting in the metabolism of stored body fat for fuel and preventing the metabolism from slowing down while on a diet.

CLA may help protect the body from cancer formation and progression. According to Cornell University and the National Academy of Sciences, "...CLA is the only fatty acid shown unequivocally to inhibit carcinogenesis in experimental animals." CLA is thought to exert this anti-cancer effect by increasing the body's ability to absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A and D, through regulation of the production and growth of new cells, and through its effects on prostaglandins, which are chemicals that regulate cellular function.

Heart-Disease Prevention

Because CLA facilitates the use of stored fat as energy by the body, it may help prevent and treat certain types of heart disease, such as atherosclerosis. According to the Pennington Biomedical Research Center, CLA prevents the deposition of plaque and lipids in arteries, a key factor in the development and progression of heart disease. CLA may also help prevent heart disease by acting as an antioxidant and by lowering blood pressure."

Read more: What Are The Benefits Of Cla? | LIVESTRONG.COM
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Never heard of it, but will follow along and see how it works for you!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

I found CLA on Netrition but it only has 1000 mg capsules. I looked around some more to see prices and to read reviews. Reviews are awesome from people using it for 2 months or more.

Best price was still the local drugstore and Fat Zero brand as it is 2000 mg per capsule and the recommended dose in the book and on the bottles of different brands is 4000 mg per day, half in the a.m. and half in p.m.

Increased muscle definition and preservation of lean muscle are always listed as benefits as well as the fat burning properties. I'm liking it! I'm definitely going to keep taking it for 2 months and see what happens. I'm always excited to find something like this. It's good for you. It's good for metabolism. It's good for the gut. It has no bad side effects whatsoever. Cool.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I found CLA on Netrition but it only has 1000 mg capsules. I looked around some more to see prices and to read reviews. Reviews are awesome from people using it for 2 months or more.

Best price was still the local drugstore and Fat Zero brand as it is 2000 mg per capsule and the recommended dose in the book and on the bottles of different brands is 4000 mg per day, half in the a.m. and half in p.m.

Increased muscle definition and preservation of lean muscle are always listed as benefits as well as the fat burning properties. I'm liking it! I'm definitely going to keep taking it for 2 months and see what happens. I'm always excited to find something like this. It's good for you. It's good for metabolism. It's good for the gut. It has no bad side effects whatsoever. Cool.
You're really making me want to run out and grab some lol! I may have to take a peek at the supplement isle next time I'm at Meijer and see what they have Cancers are a huge problem in my family tree, so just that alone makes me want to try it!

Last edited by mom23kids; 11-13-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Old 11-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
You're really making me want to run out and grab some lol! I may have to take a peek at the supplement isle next time I'm at Meijer and see what they have

Just a hint: I searched the vitamin/supplement aisle until I was cross eyed. Finally a pharmacist came over and asked me what I was looking for. She led me to a different aisle with diet aides and it was there. She told me it's a great supplement to take. -- Just wanted to save you some time in case you don't find it in the usual place.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
Established

Quote:
Just a hint: I searched the vitamin/supplement aisle until I was cross eyed. Finally a pharmacist came over and asked me what I was looking for. She led me to a different aisle with diet aides and it was there. She told me it's a great supplement to take. -- Just wanted to save you some time in case you don't find it in the usual place.
Thanks-at my store the two sections are combined I'll ask if I can't find it within a few minutes I might have to throw my son in the van and head out now to look for it-I just read the livestrong article and that kind of sealed the deal for me!

How much did you pay for yours?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

More reading from a thyroid info site

"by Mary J. Shomon

Major news for people with thyroid problems who are facing weight loss challenges is the news that the natural dietary supplement conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) reduces body fat in people who are overweight.

A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study, published in the December 2000 issue of the Journal of Nutrition found that CLA reduces fat and preserves muscle tissue. According to the research project manager, an average reduction of six pounds of body fat was found in the group that took CLA, compared to a placebo group. The study found that approximately 3.4 grams of CLA per day is the level needed to obtain the beneficial effects of CLA on body fat.

Dr. Michael Pariza, who conducted research on CLA with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, reported in August 2000 to the American Chemical Society that "It doesn't make a big fat cell get little. What it rather does is keep a little fat cell from getting big." Pariza's research did not find weight loss in his group of 71 overweight people, but what he did find was that when the dieters stopped dieting, and gained back weight, those taking CLA "were more likely to gain muscle and not fat.'' In a separate study conducted at Purdue University in Indiana, CLA was found to improve insulin levels in about two-thirds of diabetic patients, and moderately reduced the blood glucose level and triglyceride levels.

CLA has been the subject of a variety of research in the past several years, and findings also suggest that some of the other benefits of CLA include the following:

Increases metabolic rate -- This would obviously be a positive benefit for thyroid patients, as hypothyroidism -- even when treated -- can reduce the metabolic rate in some people.
Decreases abdominal fat -- Adrenal imbalances and hormonal shifts that are common in thyroid patients frequently cause rapid accumulation of abdominal fat, so this benefit could be quite helpful.
Enhances muscle growth -- Muscle burns fat, which also contributes to increased metabolism, which is useful in weight loss and management.
Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides -- Since many thyroid patients have elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels, even with treatment, this benefit can have an impact on a thyroid patient's health.
Lowers insulin resistance -- Insulin resistance is a risk for some hypothyroid patients, and lowering it can also help prevent adult-onset diabetes and make it easier to control weight.
Reduces food-induced allergic reactions -- Since food allergies can be at play when weight loss becomes difficult, this can be of help to thyroid patients.
Enhances immune system -- Since most cases of thyroid disease are autoimmune in nature, enhancing the immune system's ability to function properly is a positive benefit.

If you're interested in taking CLA to help with weight loss, keep in mind that it's not a magic pill, and you will need to start a program of diet and exercise in order to successfully lose weight and keep it off.

If You Are Interested in Taking CLA

CLA is a supplement, and does not require a prescription. It is available at health food stores, and at online outlets like xxxxxxxxxxx. Experts recommend that you use a patented name brand, as some brands have inconsistent or insufficient amounts of CLA contained in them. The brand used in testing was Tonalin brand CLA, which comes in 1000 mg capsules. To obtain the level determined to be effective in the testing -- 3.4 g, or 3400 mg, per day -- you would need to take 4 of these capsules a day, with meals.

Please note also, that you should not think that CLA alone will help you lose weight. You still need to be, as I am, on a balanced, reduced-calorie, low-glycemic diet, and have to incorporate regular, vigorous exercise, and weight bearing activities, into your life."

P.S I xxx'd out the website mentioned because it's competition for Netrition. I recommend you check with your pharmacist or Doctor. If you get the Netrition one, I noticed it does not say it comes from safflower oil which the one I bought does. Don't know yet if that makes a difference. I just like to know ingredients of any supplement I take.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Thanks-at my store the two sections are combined I'll ask if I can't find it within a few minutes I might have to throw my son in the van and head out now to look for it-I just read the livestrong article and that kind of sealed the deal for me!

How much did you pay for yours?
The brand I bought, FatZero, was $15.99 for 60 soft gel capsules and says clearly "one month supply" with the recommendation of taking 2 per day. That goes along with what I read in the PH book and health sites on the web.

Just a note and maybe TMI: The first couple of days, you might notice your intestines being cleaned out but quite comfortably. I'm thinking some of the extra fat is exiting that way???
Old 11-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, this is the last one. You know what an info junkie I am!

"How Long Does it Take CLA to Work?
By AK Writer, eHow Contributor

More and more people are discovering the benefits of taking CLA, but they have questions this article can answer. Do those who have taken it see immediate results, or does it work over a long period of time?
Other People Are Reading

Essential Fats

All fats are not bad. Some are necessary for good health, and these are called "essential fatty acids (EFAs)." Three basic EFAs are linolenic acid (omega-3), linoleic acid (omega-6), and oleic acid (omega-9).

Oleic acid (omega-9) can be manufactured by your body. It is also found in olives, avocados, and many nuts. It can lower your risk for heart attacks and arteriosclerosis.

Many foods supply Linolenic acid (omega-3), but flaxseed oil contains the highest concentration. Salmon, avocados, nuts, seeds, greens, and cold-pressed canola oil also provide omega-3. Linolenic acid makes cell walls more flexible, which helps the circulation of oxygen.

Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is found in cold-pressed oils such as flaxseed, hempseed, grapeseed, sunflower, safflower, and olive oil. Other foods contain this omega-6 acid as well, such as dairy, beef, and chicken.
How CLA Works

Linoleic acid may help your body increase muscle and decrease fat deposits. It can be helpful for diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, skin disorders, and immune function.

Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) is an enzyme that breaks down fat you eat and stores it in your body. CLA hinders LPL, so your body stores less fat. CLA also helps destroy fat cells before your body stores them, and it helps turn fat into energy.

CLA Enhances Health

Eating a salad with cold-pressed (virgin) olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing will supply your body with more healthy ingredients than a cheeseburger and fries. In the same way, taking Tonalin CLA and other essential oils will supply your body with healthy ingredients.

CLA does not suppress your appetite. It isn't a magic pill that will make you lose weight and gain muscle overnight. However, it can help your body move in that direction. It will enhance the effects of eating a healthy diet and exercising.

Recommended Dosage

Some CLA comes from sunflower oil, with about 30% CLA. Tonalin CLA comes from safflower oil and may contain about 80% CLA. Tonalin CLA has most often been used in research studies.

Surely, the amount of CLA you take will make a difference. Read the label on your bottle. Many people take up to six capsules a day to get the recommended mg.

Results

According to assorted testimonials, some people notice a difference in a couple of weeks, while it takes others four to six weeks. Results also varies with the individual.

CLA certainly is worth a try. It is natural, and the only side effect is an upset stomach for some people. Taking your CLA with food helps this."
Old 11-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #12
Established

Ok I'm back from the store! What I discovered-do NOT take a 4 year old kid with you when you need to read labels
There were several CLA supplements and a safflower oil supplement in the vitamin section. Problem with these is that they were huge-no way I'd be able to swallow them.

Then I checked the diet area and they did not have the fat zero brand, but they did have several other brands that had CLA. But they put other things with it to promote weight loss, and I didn't recognize the ingredients. That made me leery of these.

Then I found one by Bethenny Frankel. 4 soft gels=1 serving (to be taken throughout the day), and equal 3200mg CLA, grapefruit oil, flax seed oil and vitamin B12. So more than just CLA, but the other things are supposed to be good for you as well. It was pricey-on sale for $18 and only includes 20 days worth (80 soft gels), but it will get me started and I'm going to look online and see if I can find it cheaper or a plain CLA supplement that's not too big.

Last edited by mom23kids; 11-13-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Old 11-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Sara: Sounds like a real "trip" with your 4 year old! I have a 4 year old grandson, so totally know what you mean. lol!

I hope this works. I'm going to try to post an image of what my bottle looks like. I'm doing it because I've Googled Zero Fat CLA and come up with all kinds of weird looking supplements that are not it!!!

So, I went to the web site of the drug store I always use, which is a national chain, and they had it on their site as well.

As I understand it, for it to be the right kind, it has to have 80% CLA.

Here goes:

3504607964.jpg
Old 11-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

BTW: These are very easy to swallow. They are about the size of my fish oil and flaxseed oil supplements and are very slippery, have no taste, and with a small sip of water just slip right down my throat.

Am I allowed to tell you the name of the company that makes them? I went to the company website and couldn't find them there, though.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Oooh! Here is another one I just found on Netrition.com from Allmax Nutrition CLA:

AllMax Nutrition CLA

I read the nutrition facts and it does come from Safflower oil and has 1000 mg each. So, if you wanted, you could start out slow and build up to the 4000 mg per day.

It says it has 95% CLA and is only $16.99 for 90 capsules.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #16

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
This is very interesting Yam-Yam, watching with interest.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #17

I found this old thread Yam-Yam. When to take CLA
Old 11-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
I had heard of CLA in the past but never got around to trying it. I am looking forward to hearing about your results.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I used to take CLA devoutly, but let it go to the wayside.

Here is one more thread devoted to CLA~

ALL those that take the CLA/GLA combo..Q&A here, please
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Kissa! That was interesting. Many of the posts were from 2003 and a lot of people talked about how many they were taking, but not the mgs.

The books I'm reading by Robert Young and others are 2006, 2007 and 2010 so maybe there is more clarity with recent writings?

When I read about CLA in "The PH Miracle for Weight Loss" I thought Young's presentation was so compelling, that's why I wanted to try it. Then doing more research on the Web I became even more convinced.

I think there is a lot more info out there lately on Omega 3 & 6 essential fatty acids than there ever was before, don't you? Seems like the medical community agrees on the heart and health benefits of supplements containing essential fatty acids than ever before.

Good discussion and it's all worth thinking about.

As I said, I'm going to continue taking the ones I bought and when I run out I'll get more. Some studies suggest that taking it for 90 days brings the best results and the greatest loss in body fat percentage. But apparently each person can be different in the way his or her body responds to it and how quickly.

Some people have tummy issues at first, so it is recommended they start out with a lower dose and have it only with food.

Other people (like me) have no issues with the full 4000 mg dose, taking half in the morning and half in the evening.

I always say I have an iron stomach! ha!

I guess we each have to experiment and see what works best for us.

When I first tried Pterostillbene I got headaches. Now I can take 2 times per day 50 mg and not get any adverse reaction. After getting headaches (which I never, ever get so I knew that was it) I backed off and took one every other day, then one a day and worked my way up to 2 per day. Sometimes I forget to take those!

But, I have not forgotten to take the CLA since I bought it.

Time will tell if it makes any difference. But, I swear my tummy is already flatter. Might be my imagination? but "the pants don't lie", right??

I'm lovin' my skinny black jeans with rhinestone pockets this week! Last week I couldn't breathe in them!!! lol.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 11-13-2012 at 02:08 PM..
Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I used to take CLA devoutly, but let it go to the wayside.

Here is one more thread devoted to CLA~

ALL those that take the CLA/GLA combo..Q&A here, please
Wow Sunday! That sure was an encouraging thread. And I clicked on more links because it was continued....and continued.... Those are long threads! I jumped around a lot, but it seems I'm not crazy and it's not my imagination!

Quite a few people said they started seeing results after one week. I think one person said she dropped a pants size a week for 3 weeks in a row!

Also, I already have Borage oil and take it occasionally, but I think I might experiment and take it more often for a week and see if it makes things even better.

(Borage oil contains GLA, thus the GLA/CLA combo).

My next check up with my doc (who I LOVE) is in December. I'll be having my annual blood panel work up and cannot WAIT to see the results after taking all these great supplements.

It was pretty good last time. I think I was at the 25 pounds lost mark but now I'm down more. Everything looked good and the doc was impressed. She might even see more improvement this time, right?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Right! Please keep us updated on your CLA.

Alas, I am trying to be faithful to take my Mag, Omega 3, D3 & CoQ10 and somehow that is overwhelming right now. I may start the CLA back up though.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
The first time I tried CLA was about 6 years ago, loved the results. Tons of inches lost. Tried it again this past August and again, LOVED the results. Inches come off relatively quickly, i could see it visibly in the way my clothes fit. I have meaurements recorded somewhere, I'll have to dig them out and look.
I did rounds of 4-6 weeks with 2 caplets 30 min. before each meal. Great stuff!
I buy the ones from Costco. 180 caplets for I think $24.

Haven't tried it yet with JUDDD cause frankly I'm kinda stingy with my calories and not willing to give 'em up on my DD's Maybe once I get going with some more weight loss I'll do it again.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #24

Oh this tempting....
Old 11-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #25
Established

Quote:
Sara: Sounds like a real "trip" with your 4 year old! I have a 4 year old grandson, so totally know what you mean. lol!

I hope this works. I'm going to try to post an image of what my bottle looks like. I'm doing it because I've Googled Zero Fat CLA and come up with all kinds of weird looking supplements that are not it!!!

So, I went to the web site of the drug store I always use, which is a national chain, and they had it on their site as well.

As I understand it, for it to be the right kind, it has to have 80% CLA.

Here goes:

Attachment 47170
Thanks for the image-I'm going to use the stuff I bought today first and then I'm going to head to Walgreens etc and look for this
Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

OK I just measured my waist and hips. 1 inch off my waist and 1.5 inches from my hips in one week! I know I'm doing my rotations w/ JUDD since I got back but zero exercise. 4 of my vacay pounds gone because of 2 successful DDs. I'm a happy girl today! I tried a pair of Gloria Vanderbuilt jeans on. They WERE tight. Now they are baggy! Woo-Hooo! Progress!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
I would sure avoid it as it seems to make insulin resistance worse. Besides these studies
I read aboun another person on another forum who used it and it made her type 2 diabetes worse till she stoped it. There is something else you may want to try, safflower oil it is suposed to help fat loss also and it's a lot cheaper to.

Can Cla Cause Insulin Resistance? | LIVESTRONG.COM
E.W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #28
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I would sure avoid it as it seems to make insulin resistance worse. Besides these studies
I read aboun another person on another forum who used it and it made her type 2 diabetes worse till she stoped it. There is something else you may want to try, safflower oil it is suposed to help fat loss also and it's a lot cheaper to.

Can Cla Cause Insulin Resistance? | LIVESTRONG.COM
Saw safflower oil at the store today and it was the same price as the CLA. The pills were huge-no way I could get them down. But, if there was a smaller pill brand I'd be interested in it-off to do more research
Old 11-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

E.W. My CLA is made from Safflower oil. Do you think that makes a difference? I've read (article quoted above) in several different places that CLA from safflower oil prevents/improves diabetes and improves the condition of insulin resistance. hmmmmm.... conflicting info as usual. Just like IF and ADF, huh? Oh, and low carb.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
I realy don't know. But as I said the oil is cheaper and easier to find. And one study not the one I am about to post a link to compaired the two and I believe the safflower oil caused more weight loss and just a tiny bit of increse in muscle mass !

Safflower Oil & Weight Loss | eHow.com
E.W. is online now   Reply With Quote