Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
A kind of unwelcome side effect of JUDDD

I am 64 and am now slim and trim with LOADS of energy. The pterostilbene has obviously kicked in as I bounce around like the Energizer bunny. My neighbor at last weekend's craft show said I might want to lay off the caffeine.

Anyway, I am now attracting the attention of men I do not know. In the grocery store, the Wal-Mart and now the craft shows. I have a DH and have no interest in other men. I had one point blank ask me Saturday if I had a husband when he offered to help me load my soap after the show. I thought I was imagining it but no, total strangers start up conversations with me and by coincidence they seem to be all older men. Hmmmm. I am going to start sending DH to the grocery store. Thursday I attended a meeting in Austin and was dressed nice. I made two stops on the way home and at one a man complimented me on my suit and at the gas station I had a compliment on my lapel pin. Both from men I did not know. I certainly wasn't getting any attention like this 36 pounds ago.
I thought this was kind of funny but I will continue to maintain and bounce around and attract attention for my excess energy I guess.
So watch those strange men
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I have a lovely DH too. But still you could send some of those complimentary gentlemen over here please.

Adi is pulling.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
OMGosh!!! This is great, Adi!! It's not what I expected to read when I opened the thread. LOL!!! Poor, poor you! having to fend off strange men with a stick! That's what you get for being so good lookin'!

I have to say, I first started noticing, at the point where I was down 30 pounds everyone seemed to talk to me more. I was so used to being "invisible" that it was a striking contrast.

My BFF and I had talked about this several times over the years. When I was younger and thinner and walked into any store, a sales person would run up to me immediately and ask if I needed any assistance.

As I got heavier, I got ignored as if I was not even there! I had to beg for a salesperson's help!!!

My BFF has lost 70 pounds and she experienced the same thing.

So, you talking about men brought a few incidences to mind. At hotels, guys in elevators strike up conversations or make comments on my cute hat, clothes, shoes...Whaaaa???

Men run to open the door for me. When did that start happening again?

One night last week in San Diego with BFF (on her birthday celebration week) we had reservations for dinner and got there a bit early. So, we decided to have a Cosmopolitan at the brightly lit bar. Immediately a guy to my left started hitting on me! I actually had to flash my ring and tell him I was married.

I excused myself to go "powder my nose" and when I got back my BFF who is single had slid over into my seat. Mr. Good Lookin' made it clear that he is single and my friend made it abundantly clear that I have been married almost 40 years -- happily! -- but that she was very single. They really hit it off and actually made plans to go to the ocean together.... UNTIL someone started talking politics!

Seems he was way on the opposite view from BFF and over dinner she said no way would she date a guy who didn't see eye to eye politically.

Anyway, sorry to go into my experience. I'm just sayin'! Adi's a hot babe! Guys are bound to notice and go after you! Keep your wedding ring front and center, Sweetie! I just love you sharing this!! Wooo-Hooooo!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Love it, Adi! Excess energy and attention from gentlemen. What an unexpected side effect from JUDDD!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Adi,

This is AWESOME, you hot thing, you. I guess being a heartbreaker is an unfortunate side-effect of JUDDD.

On the more serious side, any of us who are plus-sized I'm sure can attest to having perceived a whole range of reactions from underestimated to ignored. I've felt it particularly in job-related interviews/situations.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #6

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Go get 'em, Tiger! Rawr!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/150.2/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - Sept 2014
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Way back in my size six days I had a much older man approach me at the gas station-tell me I was pretty and asked me out. Um, it was a bit unsettling Nowadays I always have at least one kid in tow so that's a natural man repellent (especially the way my kids act ).

Last edited by mom23kids; 11-12-2012 at 03:55 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
That is so much fun, Adi. Thanks for sharing.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Way back in my size six days I had a much older man approach me at the gas station-tell me I was pretty and asked me out. Um, it was a bit unsettling Nowadays I always have at least one kid in tow so that's a natural guy repellent (especially the way my kids act ).
man repellent
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
'Unwelcome'....that's funny.
I suck up compliments anytime/anywhere!!
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Adi,

This is AWESOME, you hot thing, you. I guess being a heartbreaker is an unfortunate side-effect of JUDDD.

On the more serious side, any of us who are plus-sized I'm sure can attest to having perceived a whole range of reactions from underestimated to ignored. I've felt it particularly in job-related interviews/situations.
Yes and it's a striking difference. I have been between 95lbs and 230lbs as an adult! I went up to 230lb and back down to 110lb just to get back over 200lb... now on the way down again. Yes, underestimated to ignored is so true, but I got used to being invisable and now feel with even the kindest, sweetest possible attention. I'm in one of the highest positions at my job, but get very shy when I get nice, caring compliments about how good I look, when I'm conducting a meeting since really it seemed that I was not "noticable" a few months ago. I am so thrilled for all my JUDDD buds getting attention and such. I'm not used to it yet, but I see it happening and it still confuses me. I don't feel like I deserve to be noticed yet, I guess it is a side effect of JUDDD.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

It is a strange feeling and I will have to get used to it. But I guess I had not noticed being ignored (but I certainly was) when I was heavier. DH was with me at the feed store a couple of weeks ago and I had gone to the bathroom but got sidetracked at the pet toy area and you guessed it. Some man starting chatting away about the dog toys. When DH decided to make a bathroom visit, he asked who I was talking to. I had no idea.
Yam Yam. I actually wore my rings last week when I went to Austin. Rings kind of bother me so I rarely wear them but it certainly made no difference in this case. Now Saturday, I did not have my rings on so I guess my new "friend" had to ask to be sure.
I am also kind of strange about compliments. I am not sure how to take them I guess and sometimes wonder if they are sincere from women but not to worry. I haven't had a compliment from a woman since I lost weight. Just the older men. Guess there are a lot of unattached men my age running around. Explains why they are shopping alone at the grocery store in the middle of the day.
JUDDD is so much fun. Keeps my life interesting for sure.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 149/138/130
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
I had this happen to me on the weekend. I've only lost 5 pounds or so, but I guess I am oozing the JUDDD energy. I had quite a few guys (and good looking/younger guys I might add) have a perve on Sunday whilst out shopping in my short shorts and I absolutely welcomed it with open arms! I haven't had any attention like that in years! And you know what... I don't think its the weight that's been the problem, it's how I felt.
People are attracted to happy people and we JUDDBUDDS may be the happiest people getting around. Bring it on!
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Love it!! Adi, you're a bombshell!! Hmmm, perhaps I should order some of that pterostilbene. . . .. don't know how to pronounce it, but what the hey, love the energy you're getting with it
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Thats awesome Adi. Being noticed is so good for self esteem. How flattering!!!
Debrat3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post
And you know what... I don't think its the weight that's been the problem, it's how I felt.
People are attracted to happy people and we JUDDBUDDS may be the happiest people getting around. Bring it on!
Maybe that is it. I AM happy and I bounce around smiling a lot. Plus I am thin now so all in all I am loving life.
JUDDD has made so many changes in my life. I LOVE JUDDD.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Hmmmm. You have me wondering.....I talk to people anywhere and now I wonder if guys think I'm flirting.

It never occurred to me that talking about pet toys or baby chicks would mean anything.

From now on, I'll only talk to the handsome guys that way there'll be no mistake!!
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
You're lucky, the only attention I get from men (unwanted attention I might add) is from creepy old scrubs. I have never been one to want or need male attention, my DH is enough for me. It would be a tad more flattering if it were nice looking guys my age, but it's nasty old creepers who always seem to notice me
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #20

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Wow, Adi! Funny that it has started all of a sudden. You must have built up your power pheremones along with your sirtuins! Along with just plain old being HOT! Enjoy the lovely attention!

I'm looking forward to getting that kind of attention again. No DH here, and totally not open to advances at my current weight (just not comfortable, and don't trust that they really might like me the way I am. I wonder if they think I'm desperate and will take on anyone). But I remember how great it felt to have guys turning around to stare, or starting a conversation. I will be there again.....

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I've been married for eons but I sometimes wonder if the extra weight isn't somewhat a protective layer from uncomfortable attention. I am not really shy and have a lot of confidence but I worry a bit about how I will respond when/if this starts to happen again.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Adi, I know what you mean about JUDDD changing your life. It's exhilarating to feel lean and strong and attractive.

My DH has been chasing me for 37 years (plus the two we dated). He says he's always thought I was attractive, even at 230 pounds, but now he constantly comments on how good he thinks I look. We joke about how he likes to go to WalMart with me so he can follow me around and watch my backside.

I also am a singer with a country band, and I get nice compliments at gigs. I love to shock people by talking about my grandbaby, lol.

JUDDD is the best thing that's ever happened to me, aside from starting Atkins 10 years ago. My weight has been pretty steady for almost a year. You ladies (and any guys here) hang in if you haven't gotten to this point yet. You WILL make it! Work the plan, do your down days faithfully, and the rewards will be amazing.

Sorry if I've threadjacked....
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Adi,

This sounds like a good idea for a book!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
So you got me by the title of your thread, I came in all expecting something awful! Being hit on does get a bit annoying, but I have not doubt you can handle yourself and that new herd of admirers. Can't blame them for asking!
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Adi, LOVE this! You go Ms. Hottie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
Hmmmm. You have me wondering.....I talk to people anywhere and now I wonder if guys think I'm flirting.

It never occurred to me that talking about pet toys or baby chicks would mean anything.

From now on, I'll only talk to the handsome guys that way there'll be no mistake!!
bwahaha! I have to laugh. Flirting is an art form and agree, make sure it is worth the effort.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
Adi, I know what you mean about JUDDD changing your life. It's exhilarating to feel lean and strong and attractive.

My DH has been chasing me for 37 years (plus the two we dated). He says he's always thought I was attractive, even at 230 pounds, but now he constantly comments on how good he thinks I look. We joke about how he likes to go to WalMart with me so he can follow me around and watch my backside.

I also am a singer with a country band, and I get nice compliments at gigs. I love to shock people by talking about my grandbaby, lol.

JUDDD is the best thing that's ever happened to me, aside from starting Atkins 10 years ago. My weight has been pretty steady for almost a year. You ladies (and any guys here) hang in if you haven't gotten to this point yet. You WILL make it! Work the plan, do your down days faithfully, and the rewards will be amazing.

Sorry if I've threadjacked....
Congrats on your 37 years! I think shocking people is the best !
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
That's wonderful Adi! I too was surprised when I opened this thread. Whew! Just started JUDDD and didn't want any "unwelcome" side effects! Male attention is not entirely unwelcome, to me. I have been quite slim most of my life and gained all this weight over the last 12 years...and slowly became "invisible" too. It has been strangely freeing and at the same time hurtful, if you know what I mean by that. It will be nice to get more attention (I still do get some ), but also makes you wonder...especially the ones who "know" you like co-workers and such, who all of a sudden show attraction to you. It's like, I'm still the same PERSON damn it! Oops, didn't mean to get angry, lol.

Take it as a compliment and know that JUDDD works for you!!!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:06 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hope you're working it, Adi! That is beautiful.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote