Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Two-week induction question...

Hi there~

I will be starting JUDDD on Monday, Nov. 26th. I have been perusing these boards gathering all the info I can. I am coming upon reaching my goal this week. I am currently on hHCG until Friday, then will be in the next phase(P3) for a week. Thereafter, I need a good maintenance plan...JUDDD seems to be a good one.

I have been to the JUDDD website, and the calculator says I should be consuming 369/1847 for 20% weight loss and ranges up to 1108/1847 for 60% maintenance. I'm not certain where I am going to settle in yet. I would certainly welcome a little bit more losses, but I want to give my body a break over the holidays and try to maintain while enjoying the holidays, too After the New Year, I may jump back in to weight loss mode again. I've been going heavy duty since Mar. 20th and have lost 100+ lbs...so I need a break

My question is this...

During the 2-week induction phase...the website states that only 500 calories should be consumed. So...does that mean I should consume 500 calories? Or does that mean I consume up to 369(my DD calories)? And others who have higher DD calories beyond 500, only are allowed to consume up to 500 for those 2 weeks?

What do most people follow? I'm sure the book probably goes in to more details...but I have not purchased it to read yet.

Thank you!!!

Angela in TX~170.4 lbs.
LDW=175.6
New goal----->170ish

Last edited by Crazy PreK Teacher; 11-12-2012 at 09:42 AM..
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Dr J suggests the 500 cal 2 week induction period because most people starting JUDDD have no experience of fasting and many are even afraid of 500 calories. He says that a 0 cal fast is the best possible option but that is it unattainable to most of us.

Your own number, 369, or wherever you decide is right for you, is a fine place to start for someone as experienced with fasting as you are.

But, if you are struggling it is nice to know that all those other numbers are there for you. You are not a 'failure' if you choose a higher number.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Angela! And, congratulations on your awesome weight loss!!!

I'm sure you will get a lot of good input from wise JUDD BUDDs.

Many people who want to lose weight start right from the beginning on the higher range of calories for DDs and still lose. Check what your numbers would be at 45% for DDs.

I do have Dr. J's book and even he finds it hard to go really low on DDs and in fact sticks to 50% if I recall correctly. It's been a while since I read the book. I probably need a refresher course.

The purpose of "induction" or the first 2 weeks is to activate your SIRT1 gene and get the sirtuin enzymes building up in your system. Dr. J explains the benefits of that happening. Some include causing the body to burn stored fat and also prevent the body from storing excess calories as fat. In most people, appetite suppression becomes another benefit.

I'm sure you will love this forum. It's very active and there is all kinds of information to take in.

If you have not checked out the sticky about Benefits of Intermittent Fasting, you should. There are some great videos and links to articles posted there.

Again, ! Congratulations! And we all look forward to having you here and getting to know you more and more!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #4

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
You've already been given great advice, and there's nothing really I could add, so I just wanted to say again, and you're amazing! 100+ pounds so quickly is just phenomenal!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Dr J suggests the 500 cal 2 week induction period because most people starting JUDDD have no experience of fasting and many are even afraid of 500 calories. He says that a 0 cal fast is the best possible option but that is it unattainable to most of us.

Your own number, 369, or wherever you decide is right for you, is a fine place to start for someone as experienced with fasting as you are.

But, if you are struggling it is nice to know that all those other numbers are there for you. You are not a 'failure' if you choose a higher number.
Thank you Cindy for responding. I appreciate it so much

I do feel the same way in regards that I have been "fasting" on 500 calories for a long time...8 months now...off & on with small breaks. Even now...I am not quite reaching 500 calories...generally just lean protein/veggies for lunch & dinner. Rarely, do I eat the 2 fruits allowed daily, and haven't touched the starches in a long time...BUT, it was while on HCG, which greatly suppresses the hunger. I rarely experience hunger now.

I will defintely be playing with my numbers. I'm gonna try the low end for my DD's, and then if I am hungry by later evening...I have a cushion up to 500 cals

Again, thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Angela! And, congratulations on your awesome weight loss!!!

I'm sure you will get a lot of good input from wise JUDD BUDDs.

Many people who want to lose weight start right from the beginning on the higher range of calories for DDs and still lose. Check what your numbers would be at 45% for DDs.

I do have Dr. J's book and even he finds it hard to go really low on DDs and in fact sticks to 50% if I recall correctly. It's been a while since I read the book. I probably need a refresher course.

The purpose of "induction" or the first 2 weeks is to activate your SIRT1 gene and get the sirtuin enzymes building up in your system. Dr. J explains the benefits of that happening. Some include causing the body to burn stored fat and also prevent the body from storing excess calories as fat. In most people, appetite suppression becomes another benefit.

I'm sure you will love this forum. It's very active and there is all kinds of information to take in.

If you have not checked out the sticky about Benefits of Intermittent Fasting, you should. There are some great videos and links to articles posted there.

Again, ! Congratulations! And we all look forward to having you here and getting to know you more and more!
Thank you so much Yam-yam!!!! I am so looking forward to joining you all...the JUDDD family

I am suspecting that my SIRT1 gene may already be somewhat activated because of the HCG...starvation per se via food, but then the HCG attacks the stored abnormal fat, signaling the body that it is okay...kwim? Not exactly every other day like JUDDD, but similar.

I have read some of the IF threads & articles...they have really helped understand the process better. I usually have to do a lot of digging & scoping out info before I start a project

I am already loving this group as much as my HCG group...now I have 2 families!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
You've already been given great advice, and there's nothing really I could add, so I just wanted to say again, and you're amazing! 100+ pounds so quickly is just phenomenal!
TY TY Dawn!! I am still kinda in shock that I have finally reached a long-awaited dream. I may choose to lose a bit more in the New Year, but for now...I am happy!!! HCG has been a Godsend for me, and now I want to make sure I KEEP IT OFF! JUDDD seems to be perfect!!!

AND...you are just as amazing!!!!! 100 lbs. lost

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Angela - I'm SOOOO impressed with your 100 pound loss! You're smart to have a plan for maintenance, and JUDDD could absolutely be the way to go. I'm still losing, and love love love JUDDD, so I hope this works well for you!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I'm just starting out and on my two DD's so far I've hit right around 500 calories each time. I'm down 2.5lbs so the 500c doesn't seem to be messing anything up
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #8

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I love that so many of you who have had such great success with HCG see the value of JUDDD as a wonderful maintenance tool.

For me, now that I have reached my goal, in addition to my wonderful JUDDD BUDDDs, the great attraction of JUDDD is its health benefits. And as the months go by I see more and more to convince me that this is the way for me.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Angela - I'm SOOOO impressed with your 100 pound loss! You're smart to have a plan for maintenance, and JUDDD could absolutely be the way to go. I'm still losing, and love love love JUDDD, so I hope this works well for you!
Hi LCG

Thank you so much!!!!

You have done fabulous as well!!! 70+ lbs. is NOTHING to sneeze at, either!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

I am so encouraged by everyone LOVING this lifestyle. That is what I am looking for. I need to be able to LIVE and ENJOY life at times...NOT constantly have to be skimping on fun times which usually(unfortunately) revolve around food so much. I wish society wasn't like that...but it is!

I will make this program work...I lose wonderfully on LC, but I tend to fade out quickly because of limited choices(not all the time, but sometimes). I will be incorporating LC with JUDDD. And after 300+ calorie days...you are THANKFUL for yummy LC stuff Funny how that works. I am on HCG now which is 500 calories or less every day. You know what I crave???? FAT...bacon/eggs/sausages/dressings/avocados/mayo, etc...everything low-carb

Thanks again!!!