Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 202.8/182.8/
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Reboot June 2014
A minibreak: the good, the bad, the ugly

Myself and my DH got away for 2 nights over the weekend. Given that we have three kiddies under 5, it's a big deal for all involved and doesn't take much for us to really enjoy ourselves

Even though it was a mini break, it yielded some big realisations:

1. With JUDDD, I can enjoy myself. I decided before we left I'd have 2 UDs. On the 2nd day, I realised that something was missing... that nagging, gnawing feeling of doing something wrong by having a good time and being free around food. Even though in the past, I'd have tucked the feeling away and tried to forget it, it'd be lurking around, dampening my mood and affecting my break. What a joy to be free with JUDDD.

2. Body confidence! There's lots more mirrors than I'm used to in hotels and it was ok. I didn't try and avoid seeing my reflection. On occasion, I actually admired it and said, yes, 15 pounds DOES make a difference. And one morning getting out of the shower, I sucked in my tummy and thought, in another 15, my shape will be even better. I know I'll get there and more - JUDDD has given me hope

3. Overconfidence! The day we came home was to be a DD. I was so stuffed from the night before when we ate late that I had no trouble feeling virtuous while sipping coffee in the hotel's breakfast bar. We had a busy morning of shopping and travelling, though, and I didn't get to hydrate as much as I usually would and I didn't have my usual carrot or cucumber sticks to hand. By the time we got home, I was tired, light-headed and ravenous. Once we had doled out hugs and presents and swapped stories, I dived head first into soup and sandwiches. I hadn't planned and my DD became a MD. It's just a reminder to me not to take things for granted or get too sure of myself. The DDs really do need to be managed.

4. Weigh-in: + 3.5lbs. It's a gain but it's not the end of the world. And it was anticipated. Hopefully a week of good rotations will see me right and on the downward slope once more. Today is an UD and I've had a sugary start which I'm not too happy about but I'm hoping for good clean food this afternoon and evening and proper nourishment for my DD tomorrow.

I'm not sure I can draw any major conclusions from my weekend. The good bits were super and revealed lots of JUDDD magic to me; the bad bits were the bits that always get me... not enough planning and then falling off the wagon with sweet things. I'm hoping that posting this will help me get back to normal quickly and avoid a really ugly fall off the wagon. Fingers crossed!
LuckyLou is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I bet 2 great DDs and every bit of those 3 lbs will be gone and may even take a friend or too with them! JUDDD allows you to lose weight while enjoying life!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
The first time I went on a JUDDD vaycay was six weeks in. I gained six pounds which vanished in two DDs.

I rarely plan a traveling day to be a DD. The strange eating times and inconsistent sources of food make aiming for MD much more realistic and sustainable. You did good!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
JUDDD is so forgiving. It is so much nicer than LC. I can remember barely nibbling on carbs and gaining 6 pounds overnight. With all my slips and extra up days on JUDDD never had that happen! JUDDD is the best thing that has ever happened to me in regards to my weight! I JUDDD
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for the wise words. Carly, I hope you're right about the DDs; I'm looki g forward to tomorrow now. Nancy, that's an interesting point about DD travelling; I'll file it away for next time. And Monica, I'm hoping for a glimpse of the JUDDD forgiveness. Sounds like it rings through for all you experienced bods so I'll take your word!

Thanks again,
Lou
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Thanks for sharing your experience. DH and I will head out for 3 days in Vegas next month and I hadn't really contemplated what I'd be doing.. this gives me hope! So glad that you and hubby had a wonderful time together, and amazing that you can see changes in your mindset and even your body! You did great!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Danielle, I appreciate your kind words I've had a good UD after a shaky start so feel like I'm good to go for tomorrow's DD. So much of this is really about the support on this board- if I hadn't posted this morning and had such encouraging feedback, I'm not sure I'd be in the positive frame of mind I'm in now. Yet another vote of thanks for all the JUDDD BUDDs

Lou
Old 11-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #8

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lou, you did wonderfully well and learned so much about the JUDDD magic. 3.5 pounds is a tiny price to pay for precious grown up time with your DH. So the DD became a MD? It is only a day.

You are learning to love your new slimmer body and soon enough the next 15lbs will be gone, along with these few "fun pounds".
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 149/138/130
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
JUDDD is so forgiving. It is so much nicer than LC. I can remember barely nibbling on carbs and gaining 6 pounds overnight. With all my slips and extra up days on JUDDD never had that happen!
Oh God, I remember that... and everyone around me would cop my bad moods I Juddd
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

"Fun pounds", Cindy, I love it

And, even better, 1.2 of them is gone today...after an UD yesterday which started w ice cream before I got some JUDDD BUDD perspective!

WooHoo
Old 11-13-2012, 03:44 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
DH and I travel frequently. It averages out to every six weeks (retirement has it's benefits). And frequently said travel involves really great food. Bounce? Yes, of course. Total motivation to get back on track? Yeppers, by the end of the vaycay I find myself looking forward to the simplicity of DD eating. Hitting a new low within the return week is unbelievably motivating...and that happened after every trip

Have a grrrrreat DD!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:51 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

It's gone... Yesterday's DD saw off my remaining 2.2 "fun pounds". So after UD, UD, MD, UD & DD I am back @ my pre-break weight

Now I know where you experienced JUDDDERs get your JUDDD calm... With results like this, there's no need to panic.

WOW!!! It's been said time & time again... JUDDD forgives
Now I've seen it for myself, I'll be shouting it from the rooftops
& thanks to all for the encouragement

Lou
Old 11-14-2012, 04:49 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)

We all need to see it for ourselves, but after that there is no way not to believe in JUDDD!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #14

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wonderful, wonderful result!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #15

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm SO motivated by this! I've been a little concerned about Thanksgiving. I'm going to have two UDs on Thurs and Fri (leftovers!) and they'll turn out to be very high UDs at that. I've calculated it out and I'm going to allow myself around 3000 calories each of those days. If I can prove to myself the magic that I can recover from that in a DD or two, I'll be a fan for life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote