Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Needing JUDDD BUDDD Inspiration/Wisdom

Okay - I have done JUDDD over the years and always do pretty well. But then something happens to me about 8 weeks in. I crumble. I walk away and gain back most if not all the weight I lost. Rinse and repeat. I know that persistence is key in this journey and coming back is a good thing but I'm so talented at the regain, I'm just not getting anywhere.

What do you do when you just get tired? And if you do slip up, how do you get back on track quickly? Aside from the obvious answer, just do it, there has to be something more. For some reason I just CAN'T do it! Or won't do it. And there are so many here that do great, every single day. I just want to pick your brains as to HOW you do it!

Starting again today which breeds fear in my heart with the holidays looming but I just cannot continue on this road I'm on.

Thanks!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Hey Laura!

Planning my days are vital. The day before a DD I tell myself it's coming, what I'm going to eat, how much water I'm going to drink. That morning I brew my tea, make sure I have enough water and pack the food I'll need if I'm going out.

When my mind starts drifting to food, usually around late afternoon, I'll start planning my UD meals for the next day. If I need to go shopping, I'll make a list. (I'm much more apt to plan a healthy meal in a semi-fasting state) But I won't go shopping on a DD. (too tempting)

I play mind games with myself. I tell myself I can have something I'm craving tomorrow. I look at that part of myself that's wanting it now like a little child tantruming. I am the adult, I make the decisions, and my decision is that we wait for tomorrow.

JUDDD has to be the most forgiving WOE I've ever found. I back slid around Halloween, too many parties and MD's. It took me about a week, but I'm back on track again. JUDDD is forgiving to a point, maybe one UUAA meal, but you can't let it become regular.

Hope this helps.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/199/147?
WOE: JUDDD modified
Start Date: July 11, 2012
Laura! I am so glad you're back. We all have experience with this with some WOE or other ... but do you know what it is that gets to you at the eight week mark? Down days? Up days? Tired of counting calories?

I rarely plan my days, unlike Dakini ... I think there's a variety of ways to make the plan work. We just need to figure out how to make it work for you.
calichris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
What do you do when you just get tired? And if you do slip up, how do you get back on track quickly?
Thanks!
Sorry, I could also try to answer these questions.

When I get tired, I am quickly re-inspired by all the success stories here. I know that if I keep going, I could be Carly, or Dawn, or one of our fabulous, happy maintainers. I want that. It is achievable. I also make sure to have fun on up days. That every other day fun keeps me going.

When I slip up, I think, ok, I've probably slowed my progress, and I don't want that. At the same time, I also know that JUDDD is a forgiving WOE that doesn't require perfection, so I also know that I can get back on track fairly quickly. Those two concepts together seem to help me get back on track.

I hope this helped a little. Tomorrow I might be the one asking for some inspiration. I can't tell you how important this board has been to my journey. Thank you, BUDDDs.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I wonder if you could go into maintenance numbers for a week when you start feeling that way, just to recharge and not feel so restricted, then go right back to WLM numbers.

I don't know why it clicked for me this time, but it really did. I've tried and failed so many times on so many plans. My cut-off is usually about 3 months and then I throw in the towel and gain it all back. This time, I've had no desire to quit, but have gotten weary a couple of times, and taken maintenance breaks.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hey Laura!

Just sending hugs and high-5's to you.
No real insight since I'm new to the plan, but so glad you are back!! I'll be here with ya lady, we can do this!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much you guys. Your words help me soooo much.

Dakini - you hit the nail on the head with the child throwing a tantrum. That's what I've been doing. I have been saying, I don't want to count calories, I won't count calories and the adult has just not taken control of the situation. Definitely going to work on that.

Christina - you are doing so good! We were neck and neck there before I went bananas. Thanks for the help. I'm not a big planner either! I may need to try it out.

Dawn - Last time I started JUDDD I had decided to do that when I started to feel myself slip. But I forced myself to stay below 500 because I wanted to lose weight. I think that backfired on me. This go round at about eight weeks, I may just go to maintenance for a couple of weeks and then start back below 500 again. Hopefully this will do the trick.

Dani!!! Thanks for the hugs and high 5s! How's JUDDD treating you?
Old 11-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #8

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Laura, what a tough time you've had...again.

I wonder, if along with all the great advice you've had already, you could work out the calorie count of a few real 'favourite meals'. For both UDs and DDs.

Do this while you are still enthusiastic and when you are feeling a little jaded and just don't want to bother with calories, you will know that your pre counted favourites are already sorted and you can turn to them.

Lovely to have you back on board.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Cindy - super good advice. I tend to not be a planner and that may hinder more than help me. If I had some go to things to grab where I don't truly have to sit and calculate everything that would help my "diet fatigue."

Thanks, friend.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #10

Glad to be of help!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
I'll try to add a few words...don't know if they'll be of wisdom or not, but at least it'll be a few hugs and words of encouragement...right now, I'm not sticking to plan, so we'll see if I can hop back on the roller coaster in the future. I'm taking some time out trying to heal the eyes and the spirit as I think that's more important on my path right now. I'm keeping calories low, around 1000 and maintaining so that's a step in the right direction.

I couldn't have made my loss without the JB's here...I check in several times a day and have from the start. Their encouragement has been so helpful that I can't explain it...but that's me. I need an external push. Whenever I close up within myself then I start questioning what I'm doing and lose the faith...so even if you don't feel like it..check in...our budds help keep us in line.

I had only a couple of glitches, where I knew I needed to swap my days...dinners with friends and family that would require a change. I did the MD followed by the UD before the DD and that seemed to make it all better.

Have you noticed a change in your energy when you're really in the groove? That for me is a real incentive to remain on this woe...right now I'm not feeling it and I really miss that feeling...I think that's when you know the sirts are really kicking and working for you.

Also, when I'm in the groove every bite I eat tastes so delicious. I can't explain it to a non-JUDDDer, but I think you know what I mean...even lettuce tastes so fresh and clean that it feels like it's bursting in the mouth. I'm always raving to my pups how good the food tastes and they look at me expecting me to give them pate foi gras or something,

I found my DD menus fall into the same things, so I don't have to think about food on them...I love the chicken, cabbage, laughing cow thingie or the egg in chicken broth with an ounce or so of chicken. I usually buy one of the rotisserie chicken and have the breasts on DD and the legs and thighs on UD's as they have more fat in them. Another go-to for DD's is a simple salad with a bit of chicken.

I found I need something in the tummy, so can't do just the protein shake on DD's, but a lot of people swear by them. I do add a bit of gluc to one and will sip on it throughout a couple of DD's and it does seem to help.

I love cooking and dining out with friends, so plan that for my UD's...you didn't mention your familial status. Is this one of the reasons you find you have problems sticking to this woe? You have others you must care for? I wouldn't have any suggestions for those situations and that would be a problem for me.

I hope these suggestions work for you...it's what I've found work for me...but there is also an interesting thread on the forum about cycling food plans that you may wish to check out....let me know if you can't find it and I'll try to post a link.....goood luck. We all know that you can do it...just be kind to yourself and you'll know that you can do it, too.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I can only speak from my experience, but I will only do something, whatever it is, and stick with it if I really want it. In February I was so sick and tired of being obese, feeling humiliated, hating my own reflection and of being in a constant state of exhuastion and pain. I had never been so ready to do what ever it took. I also started setting mini goals after I got to about 185, since my end goal was no where in sight. I have a Pandora bracelet and set a goal to get a new charm at 170, 155, 140 (bought that one today) and the next one is at 125. I have already picked out my goal charm that I can't wait to get, but am not sure if that will actually be at 112 or a bit higher. Losing the weight is also really motivating. I work my plan, 'cause I really want to be thinner and healthier. Since I work it, I lose and that just re-inforces my desire to stick with it. I think I'm blessed, because I don't struggle with UDs or DDs the way some people do, so I look forward to both days because they are special in different ways, but I didn't have a lot of JUDDD magic before 8 weeks so then it was pure determination and reading all the advice and support from those who were doing great and loving JUDDD. I just had faith that I was going to reap all the rewards/ gifts that this WOE has to offer- and I have.

It helps to take it one day at a time- plan, but try not to project.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakini View Post
Hey Laura!

Planning my days are vital. The day before a DD I tell myself it's coming, what I'm going to eat, how much water I'm going to drink. That morning I brew my tea, make sure I have enough water and pack the food I'll need if I'm going out.

When my mind starts drifting to food, usually around late afternoon, I'll start planning my UD meals for the next day. If I need to go shopping, I'll make a list. (I'm much more apt to plan a healthy meal in a semi-fasting state) But I won't go shopping on a DD. (too tempting)

I play mind games with myself. I tell myself I can have something I'm craving tomorrow. I look at that part of myself that's wanting it now like a little child tantruming. I am the adult, I make the decisions, and my decision is that we wait for tomorrow.

JUDDD has to be the most forgiving WOE I've ever found. I back slid around Halloween, too many parties and MD's. It took me about a week, but I'm back on track again. JUDDD is forgiving to a point, maybe one UUAA meal, but you can't let it become regular.

Hope this helps.
Totally agree with this-I'm very new to JUDDD, but planning is key for me because it keeps me on track. I'm very list orientated and if it's written down on a list I stick to it lol. I've started putting my DD menu's together the night before and I hang it up on my office wall as well as on my fridge. That way I have a clear idea of what I'm going to eat on my DD. As my DD's wind down I also start thinking (fantasizing lol), about what I'm going to eat for my UD. This really helps me get through my DD evenings!

Welcome back to the JUDDD group-I can't wait to see your progress over the next few months
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
I find if I am having a week that I just can't be bothered with it anymore, I only count DD cals, and allow myself up to 500-600 (when it should be 350). On UD's I don't count, and btw, I know I go over my limit every single one. But you know, as Dawn said, diet fatigue usually hits at some point. By letting myself go a little, without destroying all the good work (and sirt1 activity), I start the next week good as gold and even more motivated. And possibly down half a pound. I think this works for me because it is flexible and forgiving. DD are still not easy, but every week I feel more in control and learn which foods work for me. I am guessing it's the DD's that get to you (I am yet to hear anyone complain about an UD )...
You could try different food combinations and see if that helps. If it is the counting (which gets to me) take a week off counting , except for DD's of course. I hope the weight you gained comes off quickly, JUDDD can do that sometimes... good luck!
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Linda! Glad to see you here again. I'm so sorry you're feeling discouraged. I think I remember reading that the 8 week mark can come with some adjustment of higher hunger levels. It may be what you've been experiencing. I notice I'm getting a bit of the DD fatigue, meaning each DD morning I think "Really? A DD? But I want to eat!" But then I remember how much better I feel, and how I've lost and look better, and I know my inflammation is much lower. A real key for me really, truly is this board. I cannot fathom trying to stick with this w/o my JUDDD BUDDDs! It re-motivates me every single day! Please stick with us, and read and post as much as you can. I hope we can help!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sdjade
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC 10-2011, JUDDD 04-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Laura, what a tough time you've had...again.

I wonder, if along with all the great advice you've had already, you could work out the calorie count of a few real 'favourite meals'. For both UDs and DDs.

Do this while you are still enthusiastic and when you are feeling a little jaded and just don't want to bother with calories, you will know that your pre counted favourites are already sorted and you can turn to them.

Lovely to have you back on board.

I am totally with Kissa on this. I have a odd love for a Crunchy Peanut Butter Clif bar with a Sugar Free Red Bull. It is a match made in heaven. Even though it eats up a large chunk (250cals) of my DD cals, it is really something I look forward to. Maybe you could find something you on a DD to keep you going.
sdjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/211/180
Start Date: Restart 1-18-14
Quote:
Okay - I have done JUDDD over the years and always do pretty well. But then something happens to me about 8 weeks in. I crumble. I walk away and gain back most if not all the weight I lost. Rinse and repeat. I know that persistence is key in this journey and coming back is a good thing but I'm so talented at the regain, I'm just not getting anywhere.

What do you do when you just get tired? And if you do slip up, how do you get back on track quickly? Aside from the obvious answer, just do it, there has to be something more. For some reason I just CAN'T do it! Or won't do it. And there are so many here that do great, every single day. I just want to pick your brains as to HOW you do it!

Starting again today which breeds fear in my heart with the holidays looming but I just cannot continue on this road I'm on.

Thanks!
Laura...I am SOOOO there with you. I keep asking myself if this plan will actually work for me, because my body keeps giving me indicators that it won't. (i.e. numbers moving UP on the scale instead of coming down)

I'm starting over today. We just have to keep trying.
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

You are all so wise and have given me some real "food" for thought. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am going to try to get some DD staples that I know the calories and can just eat without a lot of ciphering into a tracker because that is one of the things that wears me out - tracking every little morsel. And I may have to use my 20-35% range on DDs because sometimes they make me crazy and I feel so deprived.

Again, thanks so very much. Great, great advice.

Lisa - hugs to you. Yes, we just have to keep trying because the alternative is NOT pretty. I'm right there with you.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Laura: Lots of good advice here already. Big s for you and I want to say right off the bat that I'm so proud of you for getting back up and trying again and again.

Just think of where we would be if we permanently threw in the towel? Oh, I don't have to guess! Last time I did that a couple of years ago, thinking "what's the use?" it got me to my highest weight ever!!

Carly has a great insight that I so agree with. The thing that was different for me this time is that I really, really wanted it. (Plus, I think finally being over the mid life hormonal crazies helped).

At the end of July last year I stepped on the scale after avoiding it for months. Then I sat down and had a good, long cry! I actually sobbed! I cried in front of my DH and I rarely, rarely do that. I don't ever talk to him about my weight either, but I told him I was depressed and I didn't want to weigh as much as I did.

He was very comforting and, being overweight himself, he told me he could so relate.

I started by reading Dr. Dukan's book which I had purchased a few months earlier but never even cracked open.

It gave me encouragement, information and resolve. I started Dukan's diet on August 1st 2011 and the scale started going down fast. DH was so impressed that several weeks later he asked me to help him knock off some pounds.

I gave him my copy of the GI Diet because it's easy to understand. My sister had success with that and had recommended it.

It really helped to have DH on board and he became more of a fanatical scale nut than I was, weighing himself numerous times a day!

He lost 27 pounds and has bounced up and down a little but pretty much kept it off.

I lost 27 pounds by December and then found JUDD and have lost more. Though I bounce up when on vacation, I'm encouraged to know that a few DD rotations take off the vacay weight pretty quickly.

What keeps me coming back again and again is the knowledge that if I do nothing, all my previous efforts will be wasted. I know if I totally and permanently let down my guard all the weight plus more will come back.

I DON"T WANT THAT!!!!!!!!!

Ask yourself: "How badly do I want this? Why do I want this? Is it worth the sacrifice? Can I do it without suffering too much?"

Write down some of the reasons you want to lose weight.

Another huge helpful mindset for me was when I gave up setting dates to reach a certain amount of pounds lost.

This is not a race. I don't know who first said that, but it really resonated with me and gave me the motivation to stay the course long term.

I know I want to continue to lose. But, this is not a race. I don't have an expiration date or a drop dead goal.

I want to enjoy where I'm at, enjoy life, and lose weight slowly while not suffering! I'm too old to suffer!

Sweetie, I sure hope you find that umph that you need to spur you on. Again, I'm so proud of you for dusting yourself off and jumping back in. Be kind to yourself and ease in to what will work for you. If your DDs need to be a bit higher in calories, so be it! You are not in a race. And, hey! You haven't gained! There's something to be proud of!!!

Sorry this got so long!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
I am at that point, with all the holidays coming up and my schedule literally exploding. I have moved up to my calories to the 50% maintenance mode. I know I am really close to goal, but I am honestly tired of fretting and stewing about it. My true goal through 01/01/13 is the MAINTAIN. If I do that, that will be a total WIN for me. Then, come 01/02/13 I will move the calories back down and see if I can get these last 8 pounds gone!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Another huge helpful mindset for me was when I gave up setting dates to reach a certain amount of pounds lost.

This is not a race. I don't know who first said that, but it really resonated with me and gave me the motivation to stay the course long term.

I know I want to continue to lose. But, this is not a race. I don't have an expiration date or a drop dead goal.

I want to enjoy where I'm at, enjoy life, and lose weight slowly while not suffering! I'm too old to suffer!
Oh, I this, Yam! I'm trying to adopt this mindset, but I still do think ... I'd love to be x pounds lighter by x date ... and it's really kind of silly because I've lost weight before. And gained it back. The ultimate goal is to find something I can do long term. And something I will be able to succeed at without having to be perfect. And without suffering.
If it takes suffering to get to x lbs by x date, then I might win the battle but lose the war, IYKWIM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Oh, I this, Yam! I'm trying to adopt this mindset, but I still do think ... I'd love to be x pounds lighter by x date ... and it's really kind of silly because I've lost weight before. And gained it back. The ultimate goal is to find something I can do long term. And something I will be able to succeed at without having to be perfect. And without suffering.
If it takes suffering to get to x lbs by x date, then I might win the battle but lose the war, IYKWIM.
Oh boy, is this ^^^^^ me! I'm always doing the "if I can lose 10 pounds every month, I'll be at X by X date." I'm even now hoping I can not only maintain through the holiday season, but even lose some. I want to be realistic, and not put too much pressure on myself, but I also don't want to lose the wonderful momentum I seem to have right now. Maybe wisdom and patience will come to me one day. Sure is coming later than the old age thing!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #23

Christina.

I think this is such an interesting point. No one date is important in this journey.

Last year at this time I was a Newbie, simply hoping to see the scales hit 126lbs after years of messing about up and down the 130s. I lost so quickly over those first few weeks it was like a miracle. I saw 128 before Xmas. (I didn't have Halloween and Thanksgiving to handle as I am in the UK.)

But the real miracle was yet to come.

I enjoyed the Xmas and New Year more than I had in over 10 years. I didn't have to ignore all my family's recipes and make lots of cauliflower mash and bizarre dressings. I thickened my gravy as my mother had taught me. Her puddings and pastries were tasted again.

I allowed myself to have a few MDs and I looked at the higher percentages allowed.

My point is this. I didn't reach my goal on 1st January. But reach it I did, and the journey was magical.

It still is.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 11-12-2012 at 01:29 PM..
Old 11-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I totally get this! Love the way you worded it about maybe winning the battle and losing the war. I used to be a quick fix junkie. No matter what, I wanted short term weight loss by x date. Big, fast losses were what I was after.

Every now and then through torture and deprivation I could manage to lose as much as 10+ pounds in two weeks! Yippeee! But, alas, it was fleeting. One off plan weekend and the whole kit and kaboodle would pile back on and stay...and bring friends. Yuck!

It's so freeing to not think like that anymore!!!!! I'm very elated to keep off most of what I've lost, be able to live life and celebrate with food and then take care of it with Intermittent Deprivation and discipline. Only dieting half the time to keep off what I've lost or re-lose temporary and relative small vacation gains is like heaven.

Then when I have a good stretch of time back in my homey routine, I can be happy with slowly taking off more. This is a great WOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Christina.

I think this is such an interesting point. No one date is important in this journey.

Last year at this time I was a Newbie, simply hoping to see the scales hit 126lbs after years of messing about up and down the 130s. I lost so quickly over those first few weeks it was like a miracle. I saw 128 before Xmas. (I didn't have Halloween and Thanksgiving to handle as I am in the UK.)

But the real miracle was yet to come.

I enjoyed the Xmas and New Year more than I had in over 10 years. I didn't have to ignore all my family's recipes and make lots of cauliflower mash and bizarre dressings. I thickened my gravy as my mother had taught me. Her puddings and pastries were tasted again.

I allowed myself to have a few MDs and I looked at the higher percentages allowed.

My point is this. I didn't reach my goal on 1st January. But reach it I did, and the journey was magical.

It still is.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Ay ay ay!

So so guilty of the I want to lose x by x date. I think that is part of the whole failure enchilada I have been putting together for myself. I have these dates coming up and it's wearing me down - seeing family for Christmas this year, my 50th birthday in 14 months and my daughter getting married in 19 months.

Need to take this one day at a time. My family has seen me fatter and thinner so I can let go of that but 50 and a wedding. That's gonna be harder.

And I do believe JUDDD is something I can do long term. It's just that I need to pinpoint what sets off my craziness and work to not let it derail me. Or even when I get derailed to come right back. Even during my last JUDDD attempt, I did go off for various weekend events and was able to get back on track. Then two months hit me.....in the face. With a pie.

ETA: TWO food references in such a short post. Completely unintentional but quite telling, huh?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
seeing family for Christmas this year, my 50th birthday in 14 months and my daughter getting married in 19 months.

Need to take this one day at a time. My family has seen me fatter and thinner so I can let go of that but 50 and a wedding. That's gonna be harder.
Christmas is probably a bit too soon. I don't think, though, it would be unrealistic to assume that by sticking with JUDDD you will be dramatically thinner in 14-19 months! Maybe just don't put a number on it.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Quote:
Ay ay ay!

So so guilty of the I want to lose x by x date. I think that is part of the whole failure enchilada I have been putting together for myself. I have these dates

ETA: TWO food references in such a short post. Completely unintentional but quite telling, huh?
I count three, when I read enchiladas I immediately thought about having Mexican for dinner tomorrow. It's OK to enjoy food on JUDDD. Just every other day.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
LOVED Yam-Yam's and Christina's posts. Can relate to everything said, and I am slowly finding that relief that I no longer *need* to be in a race, even with myself.
I had massive success before where I set those "pounds lost" goals, and yep, we can all see where that got me I was in such a hurry to get to the finish line that I flat out never even bothered to see the scenery, to enjoy life at all. I was miserable to live with!! Every subsequent crack at weight loss was more of the same, only without the great weight loss results.. Until now. Now, I'm just happy being me, and truly enjoying the perks of JUDDD'ing. Enjoying life, enjoying my ability to go out with my husband for date nights and loving every second of it, even the food...and still knowing that I am still losing weight and being a success! I'm totally diggin' the "dieting half the time" and I can see how much I want this, how I CAN do this. This plan tells me so!

Laura, I think you can see phenomenal differences by your b-day and your DD's wedding!! You got this, mama! We're all here with ya!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Stop over-thinking it...take it two days at a time...today and tomorrow, an UP and a Down Day...enjoy each one and savor each bite...it's not a race, it's one foot in front of the other and enjoy the view,,,this is a great woe and so forgiving,,,relax. and find someone to hug as you go along...,
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: witchyanne
Stats: 252/250/180
Start Date: November 2nd 2012
witchyanne is offline   Reply With Quote