Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Mary - you are so right. I'm really going to work to get out of race mode and concentrate on the day at hand.

As for the hugs it will have to be the dog. DH works out of town and comes home every other weekend. We are trying to change that to every weekend because it is so very difficult. And the kids are grown - I've got one graduated from college and living 4.5 hours away and the other currently in college 4 hours away.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Laura: So, you are going to have to settle for cyber JUDD BUDD HUGGS right now?? :h ugs::hug s:
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/202/180
Whoa, Yam-Yam just made my screen go haywire with all those hugs.

I'm sending you one too... ... Hope you're having a great JUDDD day!
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Whoa, Yam-Yam just made my screen go haywire with all those hugs.

I'm sending you one too... ... Hope you're having a great JUDDD day!
Saxy: Back at ya!!! I so you Judd Budds!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
What would we do without the puppy hugs and kisses? Life wouldn't be as sweet. I have several friends who are not "animal" people and I don't see how they make it through the day...I'm applying my advice in the other parts of my life and taking it one day at a time...and hugging the dogs now. :hear t:

adding that to my siggie, too...(loved the show, and love the sentiment)

We can do it, one day at a time...
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)

I wanted to give out hugs, too!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

You guys are truly the best and I'm sending hugs to you all too!

Mary - I don't know what I'd do without my dog. He is always here for me with unconditional love and lots of laughs. I got up this morning and he wasn't in his doggy bed so I go into the living room where he has his own chair - one of the recliners on our sectional covered with a blanket to keep his hair off of it. Well, he is curled up in MY recliner, nestled deep in MY blanket. I just had to laugh.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
Old 11-15-2012, 04:30 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Laura, I keep reading this thread. to you.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:34 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Oh Kristin, thank you so much. I've been truly heartened by all the great and thoughtful responses and am taking this one day at a time.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:47 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Laura, sometimes I wish I knew how to do more than send hearts.

In this instance, I feel as though half of the JUDDD learning is about developing an ease with ourselves. I know JUDDD works, but I know I meet obstacles, too (in my case, trying to find a combo of protein/fat/carb that satisfies, trying to find the balance of EVERYTHING here that feels less like restriction and more like freedom, and trying to find what works under stress as well as what works when I have all the time in the world).

What that amounts to is that I have these times when I don't feel up to rotating, when I'd rather stick a fork in my eye.
What I'm learning is how to best feed myself during those times (like a maintenance break), and how to return to rotations easily and with no self-bashing.
I'm learning lots about what caring for myself really means.
I don't love going into this in case it's only my perspective, and what I really mean to do here is send support in your direction.
Anyway, that's what the hearts are all about. I'm hoping for the best for you every day.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Kristin,

If I could only tell you how much you hit the nail directly on the head. Or stuck that fork in my eye.

What you said really resonates with me and I'm sure many others. I want to find an ease with JUDDD. I'm so black and white that some days I feel if I go over 500 calories on a DD, I have failed. I want to be able to take a break when needed so I CAN come back easily. I guess I just need to work to get to that point. It has to feel less like restriction and more like an easy flow - but something I don't run from when I get sick of doing rotations or counting every calorie. I need to see that every setback is not an excuse to cut and run.

You are wise my friend. Very wise, indeed and I'd LOVE to hear more on how you are working through this.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaos0100
Stats: 415/269/
WOE: JUDDD - started 6/25/12
Start Date: 3/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Kristin,

If I could only tell you how much you hit the nail directly on the head. Or stuck that fork in my eye.

What you said really resonates with me and I'm sure many others. I want to find an ease with JUDDD. I'm so black and white that some days I feel if I go over 500 calories on a DD, I have failed. I want to be able to take a break when needed so I CAN come back easily. I guess I just need to work to get to that point. It has to feel less like restriction and more like an easy flow - but something I don't run from when I get sick of doing rotations or counting every calorie. I need to see that every setback is not an excuse to cut and run.

You are wise my friend. Very wise, indeed and I'd LOVE to hear more on how you are working through this.

I feel this way too sometimes. Coming from low carb, if i went over my carb limit for the day, I felt like I had failed. I'm still in that mindset.

I agree with planning...especially on DD's. Have some foods or meals that you know the calorie count of and don't have figure or think about. On DD's, I usually fast until supper, or at lunch, I have 2 cups of a low calorie, homemade vegetable soup. Then use the rest of my calories for supper. On UD's, sometimes I plan the day, sometimes I don't. If I know I'm going to a restaurant, I'll try to get their nutrition information online if available.

I've lost 44 pounds since starting JUDDD on 6/25. I've struggled at times. But what I try to remember is that I lost that weight ONLY DIETING HALF THE TIME.

Good luck to you and hope some of this helps.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Everyone has offered such great advice!

I'll just add what I think is the hardest things (at least it is for me). I think you have to learn to *enjoy* being hungry. I mean, really enjoy it. I've always been afraid of being hungry. Sometimes, being hungry seemed physically painful. Lately, I've been thinking about it and I've wondered why can't I try to enjoy it a little? When you are hungry, you feel thin, your belly feels flatter, your energy seems to go higher...why not try to revel in those things? (Like I revel in eating a good meal?) So, I've been trying to revel in being hungry. I don't think about food,(Because if I look at recipes, it's OVER...) I think about the things mentioned above. It gives me time to really *feel*. It feels good to have control over what I put in my body.

I don't know if I'm making sense, but I hope something I've said helps you!

Good luck on your journey! Stick with it - you can do this!

Last edited by DD80; 11-15-2012 at 07:06 AM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote