Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   HELP miso soup (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/788887-help-miso-soup.html)

soon 11-09-2012 08:37 PM

HELP miso soup

bought the miso soup concetrate. The directions on it are too small for me to read can you tell me how you are suppise to use it???

Kissa 11-10-2012 03:45 AM

Sorry, never seen the concentrate over here.

KeirasMom 11-10-2012 06:01 AM

Maybe if you Google the brand, there will be instructions or a picture of the package that you could enlarge.

Mrs S 11-10-2012 06:11 AM

If it's miso paste, usually you use 1T paste to one cup of water. Don't boil the paste as it will get bitter. Just simmer it gently and stir til it's dissolved.

soon 11-10-2012 06:59 AM

thank you mrs s!!!!!!!!!

piratejenny 11-10-2012 09:05 AM

What is "miso soup concentrate"?
Is it a dehydrated mix?

Miso is a food in & of itself, not used just for soup. :)
Another reason it should not be boiled is because it is a "live" food, with beneficial bacteria (probiotics); boiling or even adding to water that is too hot will kill them.

jem51 11-10-2012 09:50 AM

I just use a little water to thin the paste then add the rest and it stirs in easily.

Carly 11-10-2012 10:06 AM

I have the Kikomann packets- add hot water and eat/ sip. They are super easy and only 35 calories with little chucks of tofu, seaweed and spinach.

soon 11-10-2012 01:35 PM

*---------
thanks pj did not knowall that
thats a good idea jem
Carly wish I had seen those first will look next time am at the store********************************(my cat kept typing got tire of deleting at least he gave me stars haha

HellInYourEyes 11-10-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16070221)
I have the Kikomann packets- add hot water and eat/ sip. They are super easy and only 35 calories with little chucks of tofu, seaweed and spinach.

oh man i need to look for this! I love miso soup!

Kissa 11-10-2012 03:22 PM

My cat types too.

Carly 11-10-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16070772)
My cat types too.

All of ours do! We have 6!!!!
I have to delete frequently.
I just came back from H-Mart. They have zillions of types of miso soup packets. I bought 1 type for 25 calories a packet and 1 type for 30 calories a packet. Can't give you the name 'cause my computer doesn't type in Japanese/Korean/Chinese. I'd be fibbing if I even said which language it was in. The nutritional info was in some hybrid French/Spanish/English combo but the numbers were the kind we use! I can't go to H-Mart with DW because I need time to examine everything. I feel like I have stepped out of America while there. It must be aweful to move to a county and not be able to read anything. This is just one store where I can't read much.

piratejenny 11-10-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

I feel like I have stepped out of America while there.
Heehee, I feel the same way when I go to my local(ish) Asian market! I can spend hours there, perusing and reading the labels--and laughing at the Engrish!
I tell all my friends with little kids to take them there as a cultural diversity field trip! :D

Mssarge 11-10-2012 10:31 PM

You should be "in country" trying to read the highway signs...you memorize the ones for the big towns near you and try to remember the roads that will take you back to where you started...and the trains! Oy Vey!!!

Couldn't resist the jack...funny, the miso I buy has all English in the label and nutrition...even the ones I get at the asian stores....

Scotty 11-11-2012 05:10 AM

I get the Kikkoman at Stop &Shop, so I guess it must be available in most groceries. Here it is over $4.00 for a packet of three, which I think is kind of expensive, but it is tasty. I imagine you could make it easily, and way more cheaply...

soon 11-11-2012 10:39 AM

hmm thanks for all the suggestions and loved hearing about the typing cats lol made my day