Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Crazy PreK Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 791
Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
In the beginning...did anyone do shakes/bars as DR. suggests?

Hi all~

I am going to be starting JUDDD/low carb in a few weeks. I have been reading through the JUDDD website & the DR. suggests using shakes & bars the first 2 weeks for their DD's. I love the Carbvantage shakes & Atkins bars...so would work for me if I had to

Did anyone use this method? Just curious if it worked for you...or if it did NOT work for you.

Thanks!!!!
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 331
Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
I do LC JUDD and used shakes & bars in the first week. I still do one Atkins bar most DDs and seems to be OK (I am not overly strict with cals!)

Good luck
Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,456
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
I did one day with an Atkins shake but I found it far too sweet for my taste, so I've done real food since. If you like the shakes and find them sustaining, I'm sure it would be a great way to get the sirtuin flowing. Make sure you eat really nutritious food on up days though.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
Crazy PreK Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 791
Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by brehede View Post
I do LC JUDD and used shakes & bars in the first week. I still do one Atkins bar most DDs and seems to be OK (I am not overly strict with cals!)

Good luck
Dee
TY Dee!!! I see that you have lost quite a bit of weight...was this from JUDDD/low carb? Congrats so far!!!!
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
Crazy PreK Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 791
Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
I did one day with an Atkins shake but I found it far too sweet for my taste, so I've done real food since. If you like the shakes and find them sustaining, I'm sure it would be a great way to get the sirtuin flowing. Make sure you eat really nutritious food on up days though.
TY Flossy...I wish I founds things to be "too sweet"......that's my problem
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,261
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I haven't used any of the shakes. I ate real food right from the start, because I felt I would need to have the solid food in my stomach to feel full for any length of time. I drink coffee every morning, drink tons of tea (iced all year around, plus hot when it's cooler), and try and eat a decent dinner on DDs.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I just started today and I do think I'll pick up some sort of shake mix for my DD's. It won't be an every DD type of thing, but on days like today it would have been a big help
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
canadiangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Barrie, Ontario Canada
Posts: 466
Gallery: canadiangirl
Stats: 162/125/125
WOE: Low Carb/ ReducedCalorie
Start Date: June 12, 2012
I love the bars and shakes but I tend to eat them way too fast and would be left feeling hungry in no time....I am trying to avoid things that I really like today to avoid really getting hungry...or atleast what my brain assumes is hunger, instead it is wicked cravings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
I just started today and I do think I'll pick up some sort of shake mix for my DD's. It won't be an every DD type of thing, but on days like today it would have been a big help
Is your day going okay? I felt a bit woozy at about 1:30 so I got my lunch started and I feel better now. I am preparing dinner for the family so being in the kitchen makes me want to munch away so I made a pot of coffee to take my mind off the food. I will have my salad at 6pm and I start my shift at work at 9pm so I can go to bed as soon as then (which I might do). Already looking forward to sinking my teeth into a fat bomb tomorrow morning...12:01am right?!?! No this day has been decent and maybe it is just in my head but my rings are nearly falling off today! Stay strong, things are looking "up" for tomorrow....no pun intended!
__________________
Cheers,
Vanessa
canadiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,456
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy PreK Teacher View Post
TY Flossy...I wish I founds things to be "too sweet"......that's my problem
I'm more of a crusty bread and Marmite kinda gal.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post
I love the bars and shakes but I tend to eat them way too fast and would be left feeling hungry in no time....I am trying to avoid things that I really like today to avoid really getting hungry...or atleast what my brain assumes is hunger, instead it is wicked cravings!



Is your day going okay? I felt a bit woozy at about 1:30 so I got my lunch started and I feel better now. I am preparing dinner for the family so being in the kitchen makes me want to munch away so I made a pot of coffee to take my mind off the food. I will have my salad at 6pm and I start my shift at work at 9pm so I can go to bed as soon as then (which I might do). Already looking forward to sinking my teeth into a fat bomb tomorrow morning...12:01am right?!?! No this day has been decent and maybe it is just in my head but my rings are nearly falling off today! Stay strong, things are looking "up" for tomorrow....no pun intended!

Overall it's going good, but I have a horrible headache. Not sure if it's from the DD or just stressed right now. We're heading out now for a funeral visitation and then supper with the in-laws. That's going to be a bit crappy going out to eat and not being able to eat lol. I'll just get a diet coke and dream about the pumpkin pie bake I'm going to eat for breakfast tomorrow morning
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,694
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I would have thrown in the towel on day 1 if I stuck to shakes and bars. I ate real food from the start and just weighed and measured everything.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,863
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Real food for me too. You candy eat so much good food for 500 cals.

I know Adi did the shakes though, so each to their own.

Whichever you choose, JUDDD won't mind.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,645
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I ate real food, but for the first 2 months every DD I had celery, lettus and 3 oz of grilled talapia. No variety or anything that would wake up the hungry monster. That worked for me, but some people get super creative. I started with 380 cals on DD and now try to stay under 200 calories so the shakes would not have been enough volume. You can eat a lot of celery for 100 calories
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member
 
Crazy PreK Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 791
Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I ate real food, but for the first 2 months every DD I had celery, lettus and 3 oz of grilled talapia. No variety or anything that would wake up the hungry monster. That worked for me, but some people get super creative. I started with 380 cals on DD and now try to stay under 200 calories so the shakes would not have been enough volume. You can eat a lot of celery for 100 calories
So...you can successfully eat below the limit for DD's? Sometimes I eat 200-300 calories of food and feel fine...but I wondered how it would affect JUDDD success. Do you feel you lose better w/ the lower calories? And do you eat all of your UD calories? The calculator says 372 calories for my down days & 1862 for my UD's...which seems like a lot
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,645
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy PreK Teacher View Post
So...you can successfully eat below the limit for DD's? Sometimes I eat 200-300 calories of food and feel fine...but I wondered how it would affect JUDDD success. Do you feel you lose better w/ the lower calories? And do you eat all of your UD calories? The calculator says 372 calories for my down days & 1862 for my UD's...which seems like a lot
Dr. J said 0 calorie DDs would be optimal, but understood that most people could not/ would not do that. I never did the 500 calorie induction. I started where the calculator put me for 20% weight loss mode (back then 380). You should try to eat your UD calories, but not to the point that you feel you are going to be sick. I made certain to eat all my UD calories at least once per week in the beginning (about 1950). Now they are lower and I can surely eat them all and glad I didn't slow down my metabolism by eating too little back then. I've done a total fast a few times, but really like a bed time snack.
__________________
<---- Before Carly
10.0 lbs lost on LC/low cal. (2/21/12-3/27/12)
65.8 lbs lost on JUDDD (3/28/12- 4/18/13)
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,625
Gallery: adillenal
Yes, I did the induction with shakes. I like the Pure Protein ones that are 120 calories. I still use the shakes when I am traveling to a craft show or a goat show for my DD's. I never used the bars though.
I liked them for the beginning since I didn't have to worry about food and calories and gave me one less thing to obsess about.
I still keep pure protein shakes in the frig as a meal substitute even on UD's if I am very busy and have no time to deal with food.
__________________
adi 5'7" 65 years old
181/155/145 LC MY WAY 3/15/03
155/144/140 LFL 5/05/04
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member
 
SICCHI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MELBORNE, AUS
Posts: 316
Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy PreK Teacher View Post
I am going to be starting JUDDD/low carb in a few weeks.
Just wondering... are you currently doing LC? Because JUDDD is about calories, and nothing else. Although I find going low carb on DD much easier. If I have carbs I awaken the hunger beast
I noticed you said you love sweets too. On your UD you can enjoy fruits and treats, if you chose to eat carbs. I did atkins for 3-4 months and gained when I stopped because I too LOVE sweet food and went crazy when I tasted sugar and bread again. But if you are already low carbing and its working, ignore me! just a heads up if you are starting out soon
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
Demonica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Eastern Indiana
Posts: 1,464
Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
No because anything sweet sends me straight into a binge. I couldn't do just ONE Atkins bar, I will sit and eat the ENTIRE box. Same with the shakes. I have always just done regular food on DD's.
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member
 
Crazy PreK Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 791
Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post
Just wondering... are you currently doing LC? Because JUDDD is about calories, and nothing else. Although I find going low carb on DD much easier. If I have carbs I awaken the hunger beast
I noticed you said you love sweets too. On your UD you can enjoy fruits and treats, if you chose to eat carbs. I did atkins for 3-4 months and gained when I stopped because I too LOVE sweet food and went crazy when I tasted sugar and bread again. But if you are already low carbing and its working, ignore me! just a heads up if you are starting out soon
Actually, I am on hHCG right now until next Friday. So, essentially it is low carb/low calorie. I am 4 lbs. from a high- goal, and have lost 112 lbs. between low carb & HCG...and basically using JUDDD to maintain over the holidays...then possibly lose 10-15 more lbs. after the new year. I have been low carb for almost 10 years...so it is a big part of my life.
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member
 
SICCHI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MELBORNE, AUS
Posts: 316
Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Also, DD are tricky to start off with, it really takes trial and error. Try the shakes and bars if you like, and if you find it hard for any reason, you can try real food. You will try lots of different foods before you work out which ones work for you. Then your fridge will be full of those low calorie options....

i have always got in my fridge

-sugarfree jelly (or jello some call it)
-celery sticks
-pickled onions
-cabbage
-carrots
-eggs
-light milk
-soup in 100 cal portions in the freezer

these are the things that get me through. You will find yours, just know it will take time but you will do it
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member
 
angie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 478
Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
I did shakes in the beginning and I was losing at the same rate I am now eating real food

Shakes/Bars would make counting calories WAY easier! So go for it! Find whatever works for you
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:40 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member
 
witchyanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: England
Posts: 94
Gallery: witchyanne
Stats: 252/250/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 2nd 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Real food for me too. You candy eat so much good food for 500 cals.
candy candy candy!

witchyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #23
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I'm going to do a shake experiment-I just came back from the store with three different kinds I'm heading out right now, but this afternoon I'll start a new thread and pass on the info I found!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,645
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
What's on *your* DD grocery list?

This may be helpful when you decide to go with food for DDs.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 23
Gallery: j_shabazz
Hi, I'm Jodi..I'm new to this thread. I am on my last day of hHCG today and will do two more days of VLCD and then I will start JUDDD. Sooo, what I wanted to ask is...is it better to start with an UD or DD coming right off VLCD?? I would think an UD since VLCD is technically a DD, right?? Also, how would you suggest I eat on that UD?--stay low carb I'm thinking, but what about fats? I miss my fats...I will be eating mostly LC on my UDs...but what happens if I include one day a week to kind of 'cheat' on my UD...like have a couple faves that day, not too much food, but just to taste is all heheh?? Would it cause a bad gain and will the DD following save me?
Alsooo...what do you guys think about truly fasting the whole day on the DDs? Like eat nothing all day until dinnertime and then have a nice filling dinner worth of 400 or so cals? I fast like this often for my religion so it wouldn't bother me, but just wondering if anyone has tried it.

Thanks!!

Last edited by j_shabazz; 11-10-2012 at 07:48 AM..
j_shabazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 23
Gallery: j_shabazz
ok, I know some of u might be thinking...wrong thread lady..lol. but i am here listening to you gals cuz i'm also curious about whether to do shakes/bars on DD or real food to start as well...so plz bear with me.
j_shabazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,261
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hi Jodi, and to the fun! I haven't done hcg, so I can't help you with what would be best for you to do coming off it. Some of us do low carb on JUDDD, some moderate, and some don't bother with it and just count calories alone. Seems to me we have to each find what works best for our bodies.

I always have felt better physically when I'm controlling my carbs, but want to (and have been) slowly adding some healthy carbs back into my diet, with just a few treats here and there too. I've still lost pretty well, at 19.5 pounds in just over 9 weeks.

I tend to save all or most of my calories for dinner time. It just works best for me. Today is a DD and I'm trying to stay high fat, low carb, mod protein. Hoping it will get me through TOM w/o a gain and maybe even keep the losses going.

Good luck on JUDDD, and keep posting so we know how you're doing!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,645
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_shabazz View Post
Hi, I'm Jodi..I'm new to this thread. I am on my last day of hHCG today and will do two more days of VLCD and then I will start JUDDD. Sooo, what I wanted to ask is...is it better to start with an UD or DD coming right off VLCD?? I would think an UD since VLCD is technically a DD, right?? Also, how would you suggest I eat on that UD?--stay low carb I'm thinking, but what about fats? I miss my fats...I will be eating mostly LC on my UDs...but what happens if I include one day a week to kind of 'cheat' on my UD...like have a couple faves that day, not too much food, but just to taste is all heheh?? Would it cause a bad gain and will the DD following save me?
Alsooo...what do you guys think about truly fasting the whole day on the DDs? Like eat nothing all day until dinnertime and then have a nice filling dinner worth of 400 or so cals? I fast like this often for my religion so it wouldn't bother me, but just wondering if anyone has tried it.

Thanks!!
A bunch of us do this. I fast till bed time (9pm) most DDs and eat a snack of about 150- 200 before bed. You can fast the full 36 hours if your up for it. Dr. J said a total fast was "optimal" but he understood that most of us could not do this and he wanted the diet to be doable.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 23
Gallery: j_shabazz
Hi Locarbgal and Carly! Thanks for responding so quickly!! So, that's what I shall do then...start my UD after my last day of VLCD without hHCG, but with mostly proteins and fats, very light on the carbs at first, then go to my DD and fast all day til dinner time and just have all my cals at once. Yea, Carly..I tried fasting for 36 hours once...i got thru it, but it was just excrutiating! lol (ok, i cant spell that word).. so, don't think i'm brave enuf for that one again..altho i might come close to it like u do with a lil more ease.
but how do u all do if u have a cheat day and splurge just a lil, still trying to stay under ur UD cals or course, but eating some bad foods? Does the DD following bring the scale back down right away?

and I will def chime in and let u all know how i'm doing! i'm so appreciative for the support here.

Jodi
j_shabazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,645
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_shabazz View Post
Hi Locarbgal and Carly! Thanks for responding so quickly!! So, that's what I shall do then...start my UD after my last day of VLCD without hHCG, but with mostly proteins and fats, very light on the carbs at first, then go to my DD and fast all day til dinner time and just have all my cals at once. Yea, Carly..I tried fasting for 36 hours once...i got thru it, but it was just excrutiating! lol (ok, i cant spell that word).. so, don't think i'm brave enuf for that one again..altho i might come close to it like u do with a lil more ease.
but how do u all do if u have a cheat day and splurge just a lil, still trying to stay under ur UD cals or course, but eating some bad foods? Does the DD following bring the scale back down right away?

and I will def chime in and let u all know how i'm doing! i'm so appreciative for the support here.

Jodi
A "cheat" day isn't really a part of this since nothing is off limits even on a DD. If you want your DD to be 300 calories worth of chocolate- you can- JUDDD doesn't care what the calories are made up of. I have no food restrictions what so ever. NO FOOD IS OFF LIMITS TO ME on JUDDD! I have never felt so free from worry about food. Most of my choices are pretty healthy these days, but last night we went out for dinner. We shared spinache/ artichoke dip with chips and I had 5 buffalo wings and 2 cookies at bedtime- rewarded this morning with a loss. I don't eat like that every UD, but usually once a week. The DD may correct a bounce right away or it may take a few rotations. The bounce is unpredictable at times, but if you are respecting your calories, the trend is always down. I will link a tread for you here in a bit.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.