Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Seeing scale drops after UDs but not DDs? Anyone else? Why? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/788839-seeing-scale-drops-after-uds-but-not-dds-anyone-else-why.html)

witchyanne 11-09-2012 08:26 AM

Seeing scale drops after UDs but not DDs? Anyone else? Why?

Hey all I am only about a week in, but Have noticed all my scale drops are after UDs rather than after DDs.

Anyone else experience this?

Anyone else know why that might be?

Thanks! :)

canadiangirl 11-09-2012 08:38 AM

With fewer calories your body might try to "hold onto" as many calories just incase it needs to go into starvation mode, maybe? Do you drink alot of broth during the DD's, could be sodium causing water retention. Do you drink alot of water? I try to drink atleast 10 glasses before I have another beverage during the day.

Babsbabs 11-09-2012 08:42 AM

I have lost after a couple of UD's as well but mostly after DD's. I think I mostly lost after UD's when I was eating tons of pickles on my DD but that was probably due to the high sodium content of my DD. :)I have no idea why it happens but I know that others were mentioning it a few months ago as well. As long as the weight goes down I guess it is all good!

witchyanne 11-09-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiangirl (Post 16068223)
With fewer calories your body might try to "hold onto" as many calories just incase it needs to go into starvation mode, maybe? Do you drink alot of broth during the DD's, could be sodium causing water retention. Do you drink alot of water? I try to drink atleast 10 glasses before I have another beverage during the day.

Ooh yeah sometimes I do have broth and yes, efinitely could use more water! Good thoughts! Thanks!

witchyanne 11-09-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babsbabs (Post 16068227)
I have lost after a couple of UD's as well but mostly after DD's. I think I mostly lost after UD's when I was eating tons of pickles on my DD but that was probably due to the high sodium content of my DD. :)I have no idea why it happens but I know that others were mentioning it a few months ago as well. As long as the weight goes down I guess it is all good!

Yep, true too, as long as it goes!

I thik I need to remember to drink more water. Thinking on it, I think I drink less water on DDs by quite a bit than on UDs...x

Zib 11-09-2012 09:38 AM

I have lost after UD and gained after DDs. I just consider it part of the bounce.

My MIL always said a doctor had told her that gains are sometimes the result of an indulgence of several days prior, not just the night before as we think, as it can take time for the body to process and register. :dunno:

sterlinggirl 11-09-2012 09:49 AM

Every one is differnt.. ANd Dawn, (kerias mom) has been like that from the get go, so its not a bad thing, its just the way your body is working~ She ahs lost like 90 i think pounds ~ :heart:

calichris 11-09-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zib (Post 16068332)
My MIL always said a doctor had told her that gains are sometimes the result of an indulgence of several days prior, not just the night before as we think, as it can take time for the body to process and register. :dunno:

This is definitely true for me!

Who knows? :dunno:
What I've noticed in myself and others over time is that the scale on JUDDD does not often correlate with what you did the day or even, sometimes, the week before. It drops when it drops for no apparent reason sometimes. It likewise stalls when it stalls even when you've been following the program to a T. But over time, if you're working JUDDD, JUDDD works. That's why I love the motto "keep calm and carry on." :D

KeirasMom 11-09-2012 11:34 AM

Yup. I can go up after a DD, down after an UD, and anything in between. No rhyme or reason, it just is what it is. Weight loss is not linear.

LoCarbGal 11-09-2012 11:43 AM

And.......have you noticed how you'll wake up one morning and feel smaller and lighter, and you jump on the scale and you're the same (or heaven forbid, you've gained), and then there are mornings when you get on the scale not feeling any different and have had a whoosh?

It really just is what it is. We have to trust that if we're following JUDDD, it will be going down steadily overall. The scale number, the measurements, the clothing sizes - all of it!

witchyanne 11-09-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16068590)
And.......have you noticed how you'll wake up one morning and feel smaller and lighter, and you jump on the scale and you're the same (or heaven forbid, you've gained),

lol! Yep! Then I am all "Doh! WHY!?!?!?"

<g>

Carly 11-09-2012 05:03 PM

Yes, very consistently. My losses are after UDs and rarely after DDs.
I have no clue why, but the trend is always down.
Some times I am literally the same weight- to the 10th of a pound for 4 or 5 days. I don't understand that either, but a whoosh is always around the corner.

SICCHI 11-09-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16068590)
And.......have you noticed how you'll wake up one morning and feel smaller and lighter, and you jump on the scale and you're the same (or heaven forbid, you've gained), and then there are mornings when you get on the scale not feeling any different and have had a whoosh?

omg, this is my life today :rofl:
For weeks I have been feeling smaller, yet the scale would not budge. Last night, I'm like, geez you look bloated :annoyed:
this morning, I get my first whoosh in over a month! So I'm :confused: but :clap:

LoCarbGal 11-09-2012 09:48 PM

YAY SICCHI! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

SICCHI 11-10-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16069612)
YAY SICCHI! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Thanks! Been a looooong time waiting!

Carly 11-10-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SICCHI (Post 16069680)
Thanks! Been a looooong time waiting!

I read this last night and was so happy for you!!!!

DesertGurl 11-10-2012 02:36 PM

I seem to only lose after DD's and gain after UD's.

I am thankful to the lovely veteran's on this board who have shared their month-to-month weigh-in's and to see the bounce...to look at the remarkable progress of so many ladies here has calmed my nerves immensely. So now when I get on the scale and see a gain I don't panic or get angry and that is such a relief!!

Carly 11-10-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertGurl (Post 16070783)
I seem to only lose after DD's and gain after UD's.

I am thankful to the lovely veteran's on this board who have shared their month-to-month weigh-in's and to see the bounce...to look at the remarkable progress of so many ladies here has calmed my nerves immensely. So now when I get on the scale and see a gain I don't panic or get angry and that is such a relief!!

Yay! I'm so pleased about this, because now you can sit back and just love this WOE. As Beeb says "The scale, she bounces."

DesertGurl 11-10-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16070886)
Yay! I'm so pleased about this, because now you can sit back and just love this WOE. As Beeb says "The scale, she bounces."

Yes she does, Carly! It's ok tho.....*I'M* in charge! ;)

Carly 11-10-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertGurl (Post 16070900)

Yes, and isn't that an empowering feeling!

calichris 11-10-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertGurl (Post 16070900)

:goodpost: LOVE it!