Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Squishy fat (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/788835-squishy-fat.html)

TryingJudd 11-09-2012 08:00 AM

Squishy fat

Sometimes I feel tight and toned and sometimes I feel (and look) lumpy, bumpy and squishy. I am sure it has something to do with hydration as well as my on again off again relationship with exercise but sometimes I can't draw the correlation. I have seen posters claim that this is a forecaster of a loss as the fat softens up to go bye-bye. Does anyone have the science behind this? Personal experience?

LoCarbGal 11-09-2012 08:09 AM

I don't have any science, but I do notice that as I lose, things do get more squishy. I have always thought it's because the skin is not as stretched over the fat, or not as full of fat, as it was before, so the fat can squoosh around more. I have no idea if that's true or not, but it's always how I've explained it in my head.

Whatever the reason, it always means you're losing fat, and that's a good thing!

witchyanne 11-09-2012 08:23 AM

Check out this old thread:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/mu...heres-why.html

Enjoy!

Debrat3 11-10-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TryingJudd (Post 16068123)
Sometimes I feel tight and toned and sometimes I feel (and look) lumpy, bumpy and squishy. I am sure it has something to do with hydration as well as my on again off again relationship with exercise but sometimes I can't draw the correlation. I have seen posters claim that this is a forecaster of a loss as the fat softens up to go bye-bye. Does anyone have the science behind this? Personal experience?

That is so funny you mentioned this because yesterday I was noticing squishy and today I am down. Kinda of weird but OK I will take it.:laugh:

~PaperMoon~ 11-10-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16068155)
I don't have any science, but I do notice that as I lose, things do get more squishy. I have always thought it's because the skin is not as stretched over the fat, or not as full of fat, as it was before, so the fat can squoosh around more. I have no idea if that's true or not, but it's always how I've explained it in my head.

Whatever the reason, it always means you're losing fat, and that's a good thing!

That's exactly what I always thought it was too. :up:

Flossyliz 11-10-2012 05:46 PM

Oh boy! Bring on the squish!!

Debrat3 11-10-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16071161)
Oh boy! Bring on the squish!!

:hyst:

Kissa 11-11-2012 12:13 PM

I am one big squish... but at my age I'l take it.

Carly 11-11-2012 03:05 PM

Yeah, I'm squishy and flabby, I need to find some type of execise that my back can withstand. This flab is so unflattering:o and boy is it squishy!

LuckyLou 11-12-2012 07:18 AM

Carly, I wonder would Pilates help? My weak lower back thrives on it and it def firms things up. I know your back issues are a whole different ball game so just a thought.

KeirasMom 11-12-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16072679)
Yeah, I'm squishy and flabby, I need to find some type of execise that my back can withstand. This flab is so unflattering:o and boy is it squishy!

I was thinking Pilates too, or a balance ball routine. I have one (sadly, I've only used it once) and am thinking about using it more. It's very controlled movements, done at your own pace, and can be modified to your ability.

stargazer 11-12-2012 08:04 AM

What a lovely thought.

I'm all squish now but back when I was 13 stone plus my tummy was much firmer. The only exercise that firms you up is weight lifting or bodyweight exercises. My legs and arms and butt are much firmer and more shapely since I've done HIIT bodyweight. Hopefully my tummy is also firm under the squish!

Kettleboy 11-12-2012 09:38 AM

Kettle bell swing is king!

Might give you a clue to where my screen name comes from :-)

marlamp10 11-12-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kettleboy (Post 16074094)
Kettle bell swing is king!

Might give you a clue to where my screen name comes from :-)

I actually have bought kettlebells and have been threatening to start using them. Is the kettlebell swing good for abs, too, or just for back and glutes?

Kettleboy 11-12-2012 10:44 AM

It's excellent for almost the whole body, definetly abs. But must be done correctly, or you will hurt your back.

It's one if those things that if done correctly is fantastic for the back, I know, as diagnosed 10 years ago with herniated disc. But if done wrong......

Hip snap is the secret, have a good look on YouTube, then get someone to watch YouTube too, then watch you to ensure your getting it right.

A session with an expert would be good, but around here they are few and far between.

HiiT kettlebell swing.... Wow....