Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   When do you eat on a DD? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/788825-when-do-you-eat-dd.html)

canadiangirl 11-09-2012 07:53 AM

When do you eat on a DD?

Silly question but I am curious, do you tend to eat around the same time each day or do you eat later on a DD? I usually eat first thing in the morning but today is my first dd and without even planning to I find I am just sipping coffee this morning. I guess it puts into perspective when I am actually hungry as I rarely let myself get hungry! The advice I have never been able to abide by "only eat when hungry" With limited calories for the day I guess I just want to hold off until I am truely hungry.

Anyone else like this?

Gracie514 11-09-2012 08:22 AM

I usually hold out as long as I can. I like to save the calories for later in the day/evening. I generally eat lunch around 2:00 and try to keep it simple. Then dinner around 6:00 so I'm not starving at night.

calichris 11-09-2012 08:32 AM

I just have coffee in the morning, then small lunch, bigger dinner, and maybe an evening snack.

mom23kids 11-09-2012 08:37 AM

My first DD too, and I'm just sitting down to eat and it's 10:30am. Usually I eat around 7:30am. I also want to save my calories for later in the day :)

sdjade 11-09-2012 09:11 AM

:welcome:

I typically wait until afternoon (sometimes 1pm, sometimes 3pm depending on how I'm feeling) On a DD. My husband is also JUDDDing and he eats all of his DD calories in one meal, usually around 6pm. On an UD we both usually have our first meal around 7 or 8am.

Since this is your first DD, you will just have to learn what works best for you. Sounds like you are off to a good start!

LoCarbGal 11-09-2012 09:19 AM

I almost always have coffee w/HWC in the morning, and very occasionally I'll have a FF greek yogurt. I try to have broth, or maybe just some raw veggies for lunch, and then I can enjoy most of my calories for a small but satisfying dinner. That way I'm not "munchie" during the evening and I can go to bed feeling satisfied.

I try real hard not to "wake the hungry monster" during the day. Once I start eating, I tend to want to eat more. That's safer at night, for me anyway.

Babsbabs 11-09-2012 09:32 AM

I also try to hold off eating much during the day as I feel better knowing that I still have calories left to eat if I get hungry in the evening.
I think that LoCarbGal and I have similar experiences with DD's in that eating too early tends to "wake up the hungry monster". I tend to have a DD plan of what I will have at the end of the day as that is the most difficult time for me to stay within my calories. I also went to bed early on a few of my first DD's, mostly because I wanted it to be UD again:laugh: It sounds like your DD is going good.

Zib 11-09-2012 10:30 AM

Initially I held off until 2pm and ate my calories in a 2 hour period, as this is what I'd read Dr. Krista Varady had her alternate day fasting study participants doing. She's the one featured in the BBC's "Eat, Fast, and Live Longer". And I want to TRY to achieve an 8 hour fast after waking. Anyway, there are days I start earlier, but I do finish my eating by 4ish regardless. Like others here, if I eat too early, I'm hungry all day. And knowing I can have a broth in the evening if I need it seems to keep me happy. I rarely have one.

I know some of the long-term JUDDD'ers here have said it doesn't seem to matter - eat small bits all day long, eat one big meal, eat 3 small ones spread throughout the day, eat early, eat late - as long as you stick to your calories. The host of EF&LL said he ate a small breakfast and a small dinner, and he had great results.

KeirasMom 11-09-2012 12:32 PM

Depends on my mood/hunger. I often just have coffee for breakfast on a DD, but will sometimes have greek yogurt or a protein shake. I usually have a moderate lunch, then a small dinner.

UDs, I eat breakfast, lunch, and a larger dinner.

Flossyliz 11-09-2012 01:32 PM

I usually try to avoid eating till 5pm, so I can have something at bedtime. Usually cups of tea keep me going through the day.

Recently, I've been trying a Bullet-proof coffee or cocoa at about 2pm and that seems to have given me very easy DDs.

I'm learning that appetite is very different from hunger. Eating early on a DD seems to trigger both!

canadiangirl 11-09-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16068696)
I usually try to avoid eating till 5pm, so I can have something at bedtime. Usually cups of tea keep me going through the day.

Recently, I've been trying a Bullet-proof coffee or cocoa at about 2pm and that seems to have given me very easy DDs.

I'm learning that appetite is very different from hunger. Eating early on a DD seems to trigger both!

How do you prepare your bulletprof coffee? I was drinking that religiously on strict L/C but was thinking it best to save the calories from the eggs and butter for a meal...It really does fill me up though.

Flossyliz 11-09-2012 03:06 PM

There's a whole thread about BP coffee. Worth a read.

I posted this on the chat thread earlier:
I've been experimenting with Bullet-proof cocoa, thanks to Mrs S's suggestion. It's absolutely yummy, I prefer it to the coffee: 1 level tspn cocoa, about a tiny quarter level tspn sugar (you mght have sweetener) plus either 1 Tbs each CO and butter or 1 Tspn each, depending if it's a UD (240 cals) or a DD (95 cals). Whizz it up in a latte mug and sip slowly.

Carly 11-09-2012 06:10 PM

On a good DD (90% of the time) I fast till bedtime- 9pm and have a 150 calorie snack. I drink water or iced green tea during the day.

On other DDs I may have a cup of broth or half a cup of coffee with a Tbs of creamer (15 cals) then bed time snack.

Sometimes I'm really hungry and have some celery or cucumber late afternoon and of couse- bed time snack.

Demonica 11-09-2012 08:34 PM

I usually just exist on coffee till about 4 pm, sometimes later if I am really not hungry.

angie1 11-10-2012 02:38 AM

I also don't eat anything but tea/gum/diet soda until about 4 pm, and then I have two mini snacks. I always save a snack before bed so that I am not going to bed with a rumbly tummy.

I find its easy to not eat anything while at work since I am so busy!