Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
What happens when life messes with the UD/DD pattern?

Today is my first DD and everything is going great so far! However, I just realized that tomorrow will be an UD and then Saturday will be a DD. Saturday I'll be going to a big lunch with relatives of my husband, who are coming into our state from all over the country, before we all head to a funeral. I have no idea where we're going, and do not have a say in the restarurant choice. I'm going to plan on skipping b-fast, but it would be rude of me to not eat (someone else is paying for our meals). I'm worried that I may go over my 500 DD calorie allotment, plus I just can't do one meal for the whole day so I'll probably have a hard boiled egg at night, which is 77 calories (unless I can find something for less calories by then).

What happens when life gets in the way of the UD/DD pattern? How bad is it to do two UD's in a row?

Last edited by mom23kids; 11-08-2012 at 10:23 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: witchyanne
Stats: 252/250/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 2nd 2012
Salad. Salt and pepper instead of dressing. Sorted. Just select anything really low fat/heart healthy and you should be OK.

Also, you don't have to clear your plate, just push your food around it as other people eat.

Don't make it a reason to go off plan and it won't be ;-)

This plan is easy, but you have to stick with it.

It is not BAD to do two UDs in a row - you just won't lose as much - or you could just eat every day in a row.

Or at max, make it a medium day - just be as careful as possible. (I mean it's really easy )
witchyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
You can do a second up day and then go back to your rotations with minimal harm. Life happens and this diet seems to be pretty forgiving of things like this.

You might also be able to get away with soup and salad at lunch and call this a moderate day.

Edited to add: I see Anne and I were posting at the same time and are in agreement on the salad option.
Zib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Make today a medium day. and have Saturday as an upday and go back to a down day on Sunday. It's not that awful to do two updays, but you just need to get back on track with a down day right after.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
Established

Good idea on salad/soup! I'm nervous not knowing where we go (the person putting this together is also the daughter of the deceased so I don't feel comfortable asking her right now), but I should know by Saturday morning and hopefully will be able to jump on their website before we leave and look at their menu. I'll definitely try to keep the calories down (as well as the carbs).
Old 11-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #6

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Or go ahead and let today be an UD. This is your first DD, right? So one day later is not too big of a deal. Tomorrow can be a DD, and then with Saturday an UD, you don't have to worry.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #7

If Saturday is going to be a true UP day for you, the DON'T KEEP THE CALORIES DOWN. The updays keep you through the down days. if you keep today a medium, and then Make Saturday a medium, then you may have a tough down day on Sunday.

Watch what you eat maybe as far as carbs and sugar , but do it as a proper up day so you don't suffer on your next down day.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Or go ahead and let today be an UD. This is your first DD, right? So one day later is not too big of a deal. Tomorrow can be a DD, and then with Saturday an UD, you don't have to worry.
Or This would be So Much Easier!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
Established

Hmmm, I see your point-maybe just start the cycle a day later. However, we're going out to eat tomorrow night, after visitation But, that's just with my in-laws so I could totally eat before going. Really, I normally don't eat out this much lol!

Ok, going to make today an UD and tomorrow my first DD Off to go eat some pumpkin pie bake!

Last edited by mom23kids; 11-08-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Old 11-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Yeah I thought start a day later too - but I thought she meant what to do aside from that
Old 11-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I made a commitment to myself, JUDDD and losing weight. Life will keep happening. I have learned that most people don't pay much attention to what I'm eating especially in a bigger group. A house salad with vinegar and a little salt should fit into your day even if you need a little something later. Go on the JUDDD calculator and see what your calories are for 30% or 35% WLM. Every DD doesn't have to be at 20% WLM if you don't mind losing a tad slower. I 'm not a fan of MD or of doubling UDs when avoidable. Especially in the beginning. Sticking to rotation will help get your SIRT enzymes flowing and that is a big help and will lead to JUDDD magic.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #12
Established

thanks for the input everyone! I decided to switch things around and had a UD today. Ironically I haven't been really hungry today so I'm low on calories-I need to eat something yet tonight to get me closer to my UD calorie mark (I'm like 1,000 under eek!).

Just found out we're going to an all you can eat pizza/salad buffet for lunch on Saturday. Doing the happy dance on this because even though it will be an UD, I still want to be smart about what I eat. I'll get one (or two!) large salads and then a piece of pizza-I'll take the toppings off the crust though since that many carbs would probably send me into shock after not having any bread for a month lol.

Thanks everyone for helping me as I figure this whole thing out
Old 11-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I made a commitment to myself, JUDDD and losing weight. Life will keep happening. I have learned that most people don't pay much attention to what I'm eating especially in a bigger group. A house salad with vinegar and a little salt should fit into your day even if you need a little something later. Go on the JUDDD calculator and see what your calories are for 30% or 35% WLM. Every DD doesn't have to be at 20% WLM if you don't mind losing a tad slower. I 'm not a fan of MD or of doubling UDs when avoidable. Especially in the beginning. Sticking to rotation will help get your SIRT enzymes flowing and that is a big help and will lead to JUDDD magic.
This is what I was getting at with my original reply -