Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: canadiangirl
Stats: 162/125/125
WOE: Low Carb/ ReducedCalorie
Start Date: June 12, 2012
Might give this a try...anyone wanna help me out?

Okay so for the last month I have been bouncing back and fourth by a pound or 2. I am roughly 10 pounds from my goal weight so I think I need to buckle down and fight against my own body as I believe she is hanging on to all thats left
I am not a cheater, and don't benefit from going off plan at all, I have no desire to what so ever. I decided to read up a bit on JUDD and wonder if this could be the key.

I have approached my L/C journey with an easy going approach. I don't count anything! I don't eat startches, or anything grains.I don't touch anything processed. Recently I decided to see where my numbers were at. My carbs were low at around 20g but my calories are well over 2000 on a normal day I think it is safe to say I over endulge!

So I am setting up a "down" day and it is pretty hard! I had already had a bullet proof coffee this morning so chewed up some calories only leaving me with about 200 (I think). Online tracker has me set up at 1700 calories a day to slowly lose weight, is that the number I use to determine a "down" day, 25% of that number is 425. So today I eat just enough to get me to 425 and tomorrow I eat low carb to get to 1700?

If that is correct then I have about 150 calories to get me through the rest of the day

So I may start this tomorrow as I already had a bulletproof coffee with an egg and butter (I would have used them calories else where) but here is a sample menu that I came up with that I maight actually be able to do:

This might be hard for me as I am not one to allow myself to get hunger pains but it may be what I need to shock my body a little!

If you could let me know if I am on the right track? If this works then I might actually be at goal by christmas!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
If you google Alternate Day Diet, you will find Dr. Johnson's calculator and can plug your numbers into it to get UD/DD numbers. The book indicates that it is alright to use 500 on DDs for the first two weeks to get adjusted. Don't know how tall or how old you are but I suspect your UD calories are actually a little low. Dr. J also recommends using the little or no exercise catagory for weight loss unless you are practically training at athletic levels. Good luck. There is lots of support here and this has worked for a lot of people.

Last edited by cici52; 11-08-2012 at 07:14 AM..
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I am 5'6" and current weight is 137. Thanks for the help.
Darn I see my link to my menu was removed... It looked something like this:

B- bulletproof coffee (2 cups coffee, 1 large egg, 1 scoop whey powder) 190 calories
L- 2 cups chicken broth with 1 cup chopped steamed broccoli, 61 calories
D- 3 cups romain lettuce, 1/2 can drained tuna, 1/2 cup green peppers, 2 tbs dressing, 199 calories
S- 1 cup of chicken broth with a splash of hot sauce, 16 calories

Total calories: 466
Total Carbs: 13.27 (net)

Also I apologize with the missing "D" in JUDDD, should have put my glasses on this morning!
canadiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Really good advice from Cici. Definitely calculate your calories on the Alternate Day Diet site, and go from there. The idea is that between an UD and a DD, the average would be your calories for weight loss.

This WOE may just be the way to nudge your body out of hoarding those last pounds. There's tons of info and support here - take advantage. Read as many threads as you can, and you'll soon get to know JUDDD really well. And keep asking! Good luck!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I haven't verified your UD/DD calories, but they look right to me at first glance. I think that plan could work for you if you feel up to having a DD today. If not, make today your first UD and just track to 1700, then have your first DD tomorrow. JUDDD's pretty lenient.

I'm not low carb anymore, so I didn't answer on your other thread, but I do know there are several here who follow JUDDD along with various styles of low carb eating. JUDDD is all about calories, so you can make them up with whatever foods you choose to eat.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:18 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
JUDDD is very freeing. You can live life and eat what others are eating. It has truly been the answer to all my issues. To boot, JUDDD is VERY forgiving where LC (for me) wasn't!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys!
I started yesterday on an UD so today is my first DD. I have already planned my daily menu on an online tracker and have about a 100 calories to play with (probably going to be the cream in my coffee!).
I still plan to keep my carbs at around 20g for the UD and the DD is naturally lower at around 15g.
canadiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote