Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lil Donna
Stats: 165.2 (highest) 150.2 (11/30/13)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Low carb started again on 11/14/13
Do you have a consistent UP DAY menu that you follow?

I like to look at the daily threads but just wondering if you have a go-to menu for UP DAYS that you would care to shares so it is all in one place.

I am having a terrible time putting together foods without going over my calorie count. I have never counted calories before and I must say I don't like it!

Any help is appreciated. And I think it will help all newbies starting out. Thanks!
Lil Donna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Have you tried one of the online trackers they are really easy to use and everything and anything can be added if it's a custom recipe. I wouldn't know what to post for you. I eat what ever I want on that day. I personally don't plan ahead.

Maybe start with pre-packaged meals while you get accoustom to using a tracker
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I don't have a set menu, but I'll usually have a light breakfast, a heavier lunch, and then a really good dinner. I might switch and have a heavier breakfast, light lunch, and then a good dinner, but I always make sure to save calories for night time, and I always save calories for wine on an UD.

Oh, and I eat out a bunch, so it might look something like this:

B: Carl's Jr. Santa Fe Turkey burger, no cheese, + jalapenos (415)
L: Small Wendy's chili w/habanero sauce (210) or Subway salad (200 or less) or Lean Cuisine, or yogurt w/fruit (you get the idea)
D: Some good protein, veggies, starches, and WINE! However many calories I have left. Rarely a dessert, but only because I'm not really a "sweets person."

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: witchyanne
Stats: 252/250/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 2nd 2012
I also always have wine on an UD - but I think I should have less - lol!

Other than that, I don't plan either, I have *what I want* for lunch, when everyone's gone and then whatever we're having for dinner, for dinner. I don't really do breakfast as I am always busy in the AM. That said, I didn't get to make my squash I wanted yesterday - so I am really looking forward to tomorrow!
witchyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:20 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
I have a standard breakfast, lunch is typically leftovers and dinner is whatever we eat as a family! I like a glass of wine on up days too!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I don't really plan either, usually, but I am learning not to go over by checking the calorie counts *before* I eat them. I keep having to relearn this lesson though. Yesterday I had a La Bou panini that I would have estimated at 400-500 calories, and it was early in my up day, so I didn't check it before (I had to go online to get the counts). It turns out that thing was 693 calories, and good but THAT good I probably would have chosen something else if I had checked. This is where calorie counting is educational.

Lately, I'm finding that what works best to stay in my up day calories is a light breakfast, medium lunch, and to save calories for the evening. I enjoy wine but sometimes I'd rather have food for those calories. I include dessert when I am in the mood, because I AM a sweets person and it makes me happy to be able to have them and still lose weight.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
if it isn't a weekend up day I do either hemp protein or chia/hemp seeds in almond milk at work for breakfast, then try to do light for lunch if coworkers cooperate - if no one is around either yogurt with org granola, or cultured cottage cheese with cukes, or light serving of leftovers or a salad with garbanzos. Sometimes lunch is a big bean and cheese burrito or a french dip, but not very often. Generally I throw things in the crockpot for dinner or have something somewhat prepped. I don't eat in the evening, so dinner is as early as possible.

Last edited by b_lou_who; 11-08-2012 at 07:25 AM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I don't eat the same things all the time, but I do plan ahead so I know I won't short myself on calories by the end of the day. Occasionally I've had to have a smaller dinner than I wanted, just because of a hefty breakfast or lunch. Other days I'm eating PB off a spoon in the evening to get my calories in!

I do, like most of us probably, have a list of go-to dinners that I keep in my rotation. Once you know calorie counts of your favorite recipes, it becomes a lot easier to know where you are.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purepink
Stats: 150/123/110 5'4"
Start Date: 10/25/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I don't really plan either, usually, but I am learning not to go over by checking the calorie counts *before* I eat them. I keep having to relearn this lesson though. Yesterday I had a La Bou panini that I would have estimated at 400-500 calories, and it was early in my up day, so I didn't check it before (I had to go online to get the counts). It turns out that thing was 693 calories, and good but THAT good I probably would have chosen something else if I had checked. This is where calorie counting is educational.

Lately, I'm finding that what works best to stay in my up day calories is a light breakfast, medium lunch, and to save calories for the evening. I enjoy wine but sometimes I'd rather have food for those calories. I include dessert when I am in the mood, because I AM a sweets person and it makes me happy to be able to have them and still lose weight.
I had to double check that I didn't write this! It sounds just like me.. I try and hoard all my UD calories during the day so I can have a "feast" at night And of course, that feast includes dessert because I love my sweets!
purepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have the same breakfast everyday but on UD's I do not eat the same things all the time although I tend to cycle the same menus over and over so I really do know how many calories I am eating in a ballpark figure.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote