Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Do you have a consistent UP DAY menu that you follow? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/788715-do-you-have-consistent-up-day-menu-you-follow.html)

Lil Donna 11-07-2012 04:25 PM

Do you have a consistent UP DAY menu that you follow?

I like to look at the daily threads but just wondering if you have a go-to menu for UP DAYS that you would care to shares so it is all in one place.:)

I am having a terrible time putting together foods without going over my calorie count. I have never counted calories before and I must say I don't like it! :annoyed: :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

Any help is appreciated. And I think it will help all newbies starting out. Thanks!:shake::D

Carly 11-07-2012 04:40 PM

Have you tried one of the online trackers they are really easy to use and everything and anything can be added if it's a custom recipe. I wouldn't know what to post for you. I eat what ever I want on that day. I personally don't plan ahead.

Maybe start with pre-packaged meals while you get accoustom to using a tracker:dunno:

KeirasMom 11-07-2012 08:07 PM

I don't have a set menu, but I'll usually have a light breakfast, a heavier lunch, and then a really good dinner. I might switch and have a heavier breakfast, light lunch, and then a good dinner, but I always make sure to save calories for night time, and I always save calories for wine on an UD. :D

Oh, and I eat out a bunch, so it might look something like this:

B: Carl's Jr. Santa Fe Turkey burger, no cheese, + jalapenos (415)
L: Small Wendy's chili w/habanero sauce (210) or Subway salad (200 or less) or Lean Cuisine, or yogurt w/fruit (you get the idea)
D: Some good protein, veggies, starches, and WINE! However many calories I have left. Rarely a dessert, but only because I'm not really a "sweets person."

witchyanne 11-08-2012 02:45 AM

I also always have wine on an UD - but I think I should have less - lol! ;)

Other than that, I don't plan either, I have *what I want* for lunch, when everyone's gone and then whatever we're having for dinner, for dinner. I don't really do breakfast as I am always busy in the AM. :) That said, I didn't get to make my squash I wanted yesterday - so I am really looking forward to tomorrow!

zipp2play 11-08-2012 05:20 AM

I have a standard breakfast, lunch is typically leftovers and dinner is whatever we eat as a family! I like a glass of wine on up days too!

calichris 11-08-2012 07:10 AM

I don't really plan either, usually, but I am learning not to go over by checking the calorie counts *before* I eat them. I keep having to relearn this lesson though. Yesterday I had a La Bou panini that I would have estimated at 400-500 calories, and it was early in my up day, so I didn't check it before (I had to go online to get the counts). It turns out that thing was 693 calories, and good but THAT good ;) I probably would have chosen something else if I had checked. This is where calorie counting is educational.

Lately, I'm finding that what works best to stay in my up day calories is a light breakfast, medium lunch, and to save calories for the evening. I enjoy wine but sometimes I'd rather have food for those calories. I include dessert when I am in the mood, because I AM a sweets person and it makes me happy to be able to have them and still lose weight. :)

b_lou_who 11-08-2012 07:24 AM

if it isn't a weekend up day I do either hemp protein or chia/hemp seeds in almond milk at work for breakfast, then try to do light for lunch if coworkers cooperate - if no one is around either yogurt with org granola, or cultured cottage cheese with cukes, or light serving of leftovers or a salad with garbanzos. Sometimes lunch is a big bean and cheese burrito or a french dip, but not very often. Generally I throw things in the crockpot for dinner or have something somewhat prepped. I don't eat in the evening, so dinner is as early as possible.

LoCarbGal 11-08-2012 07:27 AM

I don't eat the same things all the time, but I do plan ahead so I know I won't short myself on calories by the end of the day. Occasionally I've had to have a smaller dinner than I wanted, just because of a hefty breakfast or lunch. Other days I'm eating PB off a spoon in the evening to get my calories in! :hyst:

I do, like most of us probably, have a list of go-to dinners that I keep in my rotation. Once you know calorie counts of your favorite recipes, it becomes a lot easier to know where you are.

purepink 11-08-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16065848)
I don't really plan either, usually, but I am learning not to go over by checking the calorie counts *before* I eat them. I keep having to relearn this lesson though. Yesterday I had a La Bou panini that I would have estimated at 400-500 calories, and it was early in my up day, so I didn't check it before (I had to go online to get the counts). It turns out that thing was 693 calories, and good but THAT good ;) I probably would have chosen something else if I had checked. This is where calorie counting is educational.

Lately, I'm finding that what works best to stay in my up day calories is a light breakfast, medium lunch, and to save calories for the evening. I enjoy wine but sometimes I'd rather have food for those calories. I include dessert when I am in the mood, because I AM a sweets person and it makes me happy to be able to have them and still lose weight. :)

I had to double check that I didn't write this! :laugh: It sounds just like me.. I try and hoard all my UD calories during the day so I can have a "feast" at night :) And of course, that feast includes dessert because I love my sweets!

adillenal 11-08-2012 12:22 PM

I have the same breakfast everyday but on UD's I do not eat the same things all the time although I tend to cycle the same menus over and over so I really do know how many calories I am eating in a ballpark figure.