Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #2101
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Beadelia and Timetochange!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #2102
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mama2zoe
Stats: 152/146/130
WOE: Paleo/JUDDD
Can I join in? I've been doing paleo for many years, but I'm so frustrated with losing and regaining the same 10-15 lbs over and over. I am very dedicated for months at a time and then I start getting resentful that I can't have certain foods, or I slip up and can't seem to get back to the plan until I've regained all the weight I lost. I'm hopeful that JUDDD will give me the freedom to eat "forbidden" foods in moderation, without totally going off the rails.

I have a question - my husband works out of town and is only home from Friday night until Sunday evening. Weekends are important for our family and having a DD on a Saturday (the only full day we have together) wouldn't be feasible. I'm planning on having DDs on M W F only. Is anyone else doing this? Will this even work?

Thanks!
Old 05-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #2103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2zoe View Post
Can I join in? I've been doing paleo for many years....

I have a question - my husband works out of town and is only home from Friday night until Sunday evening. Weekends are important for our family and having a DD on a Saturday (the only full day we have together) wouldn't be feasible. I'm planning on having DDs on M W F only. Is anyone else doing this? Will this even work?
to JUDDD and I hope that your enjoy your trial of it.

As mentioned here Question - Mon, Wed, Friday DD I had. 4:3 pattern after an induction period of a month during which I followed the alternate day pattern.

Good luck.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #2104
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Can I join in? I've been doing paleo for many years, but I'm so frustrated with losing and regaining the same 10-15 lbs over and over. I am very dedicated for months at a time and then I start getting resentful that I can't have certain foods, or I slip up and can't seem to get back to the plan until I've regained all the weight I lost. I'm hopeful that JUDDD will give me the freedom to eat "forbidden" foods in moderation, without totally going off the rails.

Thanks!
! I don't think MWF DD would have worked well for me for weight loss, but you can give it a try and see.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #2105
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mama2zoe
Stats: 152/146/130
WOE: Paleo/JUDDD
Thanks for the welcome and the feedback! MintQ8 said the same thing on the May newbie thread so I'm feeling a bit discouraged. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes. Why can't there be an even number of days in a week!
Old 05-12-2014, 05:31 AM   #2106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tjs726
Stats: 157/128/105
WOE: low carb/start JUDDD 5/12/14
Hi all! I'm starting JUDDD today with a dd. I've been lurking on the boards for a while and have decided this WOE will work best for me. My calories are 1517/303.

I have been low carb for about 6 yrs, having lost about 30 lbs. I've been hovering around 125-130 lbs for way too long now and am ready to get things moving again. I am 5'1", 50 yrs old, 128 lbs this morning. My goal weight is 105-110 lbs. I don't have a time limit but would be happy with a half to one pound loss per week.

I plan on starting a journal so I can track my progress and keep myself accountable. I look forward to your kind support and tough lovin' when needed!

Off to make my first cup of coffee! Have a great day everyone!!
Old 05-12-2014, 05:38 AM   #2107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Good luck! I’m 53 and 5' 2" So we’re not that different , I’m more or less maintaining around 114 at the moment (by just doing 2 down days each week).
Old 05-12-2014, 07:40 AM   #2108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs726 View Post
Hi all! I'm starting JUDDD today with a dd. I've been lurking on the boards for a while and have decided this WOE will work best for me. My calories are 1517/303.

I have been low carb for about 6 yrs, having lost about 30 lbs. I've been hovering around 125-130 lbs for way too long now...My goal weight is 105-110 lbs. I don't have a time limit but would be happy with a half to one pound loss per week.
to JUDDD and I hope that you enjoy your trial while discovering whether you and JUDDD fit well together and suit your lifestyle and preferences.

I didn't lose gradually but had a tendency to plateau and then lose within a 10 day period before the next plateau but others have shown regular, predictable losses. It's very much an individual journey.

If you have any questions, do speak up, either here or in the May JUDDD Newbies thread where more newbies and other forum veterans will be able to see you and give a timely answer.
August 2014 In March I had a DXA scan which revealed very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:08 AM   #2109
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome and the feedback! MintQ8 said the same thing on the May newbie thread so I'm feeling a bit discouraged. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes. Why can't there be an even number of days in a week!
! Glad you've decided to give JUDDD a try. Most of us have stuck strictly to the EOD schedule during good losses, but that doesn't mean you can't make it work. What if you adjusted your calories down just a bit on DDs and weekday UDs to "make up" for eating more on the weekends? You can try and see what happens. If your overall calories are still in the right range, I don't have a doubt that you will lose, but it may be slower. If it doesn't seem to work, you may just have to bite the bullet and do EOD for awhile, if weight loss is important to you. It sucks, but we all have to make those decisions all the time. T'ain't fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs726 View Post

I have been low carb for about 6 yrs, having lost about 30 lbs. I've been hovering around 125-130 lbs for way too long now and am ready to get things moving again. I am 5'1", 50 yrs old, 128 lbs this morning. My goal weight is 105-110 lbs. I don't have a time limit but would be happy with a half to one pound loss per week.

I plan on starting a journal so I can track my progress and keep myself accountable. I look forward to your kind support and tough lovin' when needed!

Off to make my first cup of coffee! Have a great day everyone!!
! Good luck on this first DD! I think your weekly goal is very realistic. You may be surprised to surpass it - wouldn't that be great? But losing slower is really better. Enjoy that coffee - I'm sipping on mine now too!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 05-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #2110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:

Thanks!
I've been doing EOD, as has my sister, and we've both been losing. However, I'll be very interested to see how your experiment works. I'm trying something a little different now, too, because Sundays are really hectic for me. I rush off to Mass in the morning, rush home, then rush off again because Sunday is one of the days I visit my husband, who is in an assisted living home because of severe Alzheimer's dementia. These are long visits, and sometimes quite stressful, especially if he's delusional as he occasionally is. It's hard to manage Sunday DDs, especially if I then go to dinner with family or friends, so I'm going to try making Sunday and up day if it would ordinarily be one, and a medium day if it would ordinarily be a down day. That way I can eat enough to deal with the situation, but not do two big up days in a row. Sure hope this works. Has anybody else tried this? I know that MDs aren't generally held in high regard by JUDDDers.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:34 AM   #2111
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tjs726
Stats: 157/128/105
WOE: low carb/start JUDDD 5/12/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Good luck! I’m 53 and 5' 2" So we’re not that different , I’m more or less maintaining around 114 at the moment (by just doing 2 down days each week).
Thank you! I'm not sure if 105-110 is too low but since I've finally gotten into the 120's I find that I still have quite a bit of stuff still hanging on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
to JUDDD and I hope that you enjoy your trial while discovering whether you and JUDDD fit well together and suit your lifestyle and preferences.

I didn't lose gradually but had a tendency to plateau and then lose within a 10 day period before the next plateau but others have shown regular, predictable losses. It's very much an individual journey.

If you have any questions, do speak up, either here or in the May JUDDD Newbies thread where more newbies and other forum veterans will be able to see you and give a timely answer.
Thank you! I actually lost down to 126 from 157 over the course of about a year, then gained back up over the course of about 2 years. This last loss has also been a sloooow one over about 2 years. I don't mind losing slow but I REALLY am making a vow to NOT gain it back this time. That's why I'm excited to make JUDDD a permanent WOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
! Glad you've decided to give JUDDD a try. Most of us have stuck strictly to the EOD schedule during good losses, but that doesn't mean you can't make it work. What if you adjusted your calories down just a bit on DDs and weekday UDs to "make up" for eating more on the weekends? You can try and see what happens. If your overall calories are still in the right range, I don't have a doubt that you will lose, but it may be slower. If it doesn't seem to work, you may just have to bite the bullet and do EOD for awhile, if weight loss is important to you. It sucks, but we all have to make those decisions all the time. T'ain't fair.

! Good luck on this first DD! I think your weekly goal is very realistic. You may be surprised to surpass it - wouldn't that be great? But losing slower is really better. Enjoy that coffee - I'm sipping on mine now too!
Thanks! And thank you for the insight on EOD. I'm kind of being selfish and want to keep my weekends as an UD and MD but I may have to rethink that if I don't see a loss or can't keep my overall calories in check. We'll find out soon enough!

My first DD was a success! 308 calories on the nose with a protein shake and 181 grams of ff cottage cheese 127.6 this morning. Drinking my coffee and planning my meals for my UD. I didn't have HWC in my coffee to save those calories on DD so I'm really enjoying it this morning!

Have a very blessed day everyone!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #2112
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
This thread has been closed due to its size. Please continue your discussion here.
JUDDD newbies: introduce yourselves! (Part 3)
Closed Thread