Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,625
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Welcome back EIEIO! Glad to have you re-joining us for the holidays! And beyond!
LoCarbGal is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member
 
Rayne_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Western WA>>Eastern Indiana
Posts: 794
Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Welcome back, Eieio!
Rayne_W is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,932
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Eieio, we missed you! And here was me thinking "Oh that Ei, off on all her half marathons and staying all fit and slim", so sorry to hear that I was completely wrong.

Lovely to have you back, but sorry you gained some lbs.
Kissa is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!
 
Low Carb Librarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,887
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Hey guys!

I was doing JUDDD almost exactly a year ago... I started back on Monday and I found my first DD easy... I forgot to eat my dinner (210 of my 467).
Low Carb Librarian is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,625
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Hey guys!

I was doing JUDDD almost exactly a year ago... I started back on Monday and I found my first DD easy... I forgot to eat my dinner (210 of my 467).
You WHAT???? That's so great!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:02 AM   #186
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,739
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
back Ei!
Carly is online now  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:38 AM   #187
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Gallery: Paciencia
Hi all! I'm on my second DD. The calculator said I could have 418 cals on my dd but I think I did about 453 or so. I don't think I reached my cals on my UD so I'm hoping I do better today. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.
Paciencia is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,625
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Paciencia! You did great coming in under 500 for your first DD, and you may just want to shoot for 500ish for the first several weeks, and not worry about your 418. That's what I did for the first at least 6-8 weeks and lost beautifully. Getting the UD calories in can be a challenge at first, but before long, you won't have any problem. Welcome to the fun!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,383
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
HI Paciencia! Nice to meet ya!
Flutter is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #190
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paciencia View Post
Hi all! I'm on my second DD. The calculator said I could have 418 cals on my dd but I think I did about 453 or so. I don't think I reached my cals on my UD so I'm hoping I do better today. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.
mom23kids is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #191
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,932
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nice to see you back Low Carb Librarian and Paciencia.

Nice to see you all sliding into the plan so easily.
Kissa is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member
 
JayLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 819
Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Hi Low Carb Librarian and Paciencia, this is a great group of girls (and a guy here and there??) full of great info, support and love. Keep up the good work!
JayLynn is online now  
Old 11-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!
 
Kismet311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,959
Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Hello everyone! I have been reading about JUDDD and all of your posts are really interesting. I went to the website to calculate my UD/DD calories and I wasn't sure if I should choose the 35% weight loss mode or another one since I'm just starting out. I experimented today and according to the 35% calculations my DD is supposed to be 663. My actual calories today was 760 so I guess I got pretty close. I didn't plan the day out just started with BP coffee then fasted until 4:30, had a snack, then dinner. I think if I plan better I can hit around 600. Any feedback would be appreciated!!
__________________
"The mind is everything. What you think, you become". -Buddha
Kismet311 is online now  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,438
Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Welcome Paciencia, Low Carb Librarian and Kismet311! It's wonderful to have you here, I know you will love this forum! I am only in my 5th week with JUDDD after attempting strict lc for about 5 months with no real success. These ladies here are like no other and you will receive so much support and information that you can't help but succeed!!! Best of luck on your journey's, we're all here with you wishing you tons of success.


Kismet, I don't know if you're doing lots of exercise with your plan? For me personally I opted for the 20% numbers with little or no exercise. I *believe* that was the recommended way to do it but I could totally be wrong?! I know one of the other lovely ladies can chime in and set it straight for you. I think you did brilliantly with your numbers so far. The low cal amount we take in on DD's is a big adjustment and I went with a straight 500 for my first 2 weeks instead of the 472 it told me to have. Anyhow, best of luck to you and hope to see you posting and reaching your goals I know you will do great!
__________________
Danielle

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥



"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!
 
Kismet311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,959
Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Thanks Danielle!
Kismet311 is online now  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,383
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Welcome Kismet!
Flutter is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #197
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Hello everyone! I have been reading about JUDDD and all of your posts are really interesting. I went to the website to calculate my UD/DD calories and I wasn't sure if I should choose the 35% weight loss mode or another one since I'm just starting out. I experimented today and according to the 35% calculations my DD is supposed to be 663. My actual calories today was 760 so I guess I got pretty close. I didn't plan the day out just started with BP coffee then fasted until 4:30, had a snack, then dinner. I think if I plan better I can hit around 600. Any feedback would be appreciated!!
mom23kids is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!
 
Shari4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Posts: 1,103
Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Low Carb Librarian, Paciencia & Kismet!!

Shari4 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #199
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,006
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Welcome Paciencia, Low Carb Librarian and Kismet311! It's wonderful to have you here, I know you will love this forum! I am only in my 5th week with JUDDD after attempting strict lc for about 5 months with no real success. These ladies here are like no other and you will receive so much support and information that you can't help but succeed!!! Best of luck on your journey's, we're all here with you wishing you tons of success.


Kismet, I don't know if you're doing lots of exercise with your plan? For me personally I opted for the 20% numbers with little or no exercise. I *believe* that was the recommended way to do it but I could totally be wrong?! I know one of the other lovely ladies can chime in and set it straight for you. I think you did brilliantly with your numbers so far. The low cal amount we take in on DD's is a big adjustment and I went with a straight 500 for my first 2 weeks instead of the 472 it told me to have. Anyhow, best of luck to you and hope to see you posting and reaching your goals I know you will do great!
Kismet, your numbers seemed a little high to me too with your low starting weight, though we don't know if you do lots and lots of exercise, or your age or height, which also affect how many calories you get. I agree though, that unless you're doing tons of exercise, many of us recommend using the calculator setting for little to no exercise. You can start at whatever percentage you want just accounting for speed of loss being dependent on which level you choose.
KeirasMom is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,625
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Kismet! You're going to love it here!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 03:03 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!
 
Kismet311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,959
Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Thanks for the replies. As I said I just experimented since I didn't know which percentage to start at. I set it for exercise 1-3 days a week. I will click on 20% to see what that gives me. Can't wait to see how it goes
Kismet311 is online now  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SW Mo.
Posts: 1,271
Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Nice to be back!

U all have always made me feel better, always give me the chuckles.
Kissa I like ur thinking about my runs better than my real world.
I'll never run again. Possibly walking for exercise someday.
Last 6-12 months have been off and on trouble.
Dr says I've warn out my knees.
Finally had an MRI yesterday on them.
Will see what's in my knees chewing on me.
Other than guessing.
Thanks for the welcome back!
Eieio is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!
 
deedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,592
Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
I forgot to do this before jumping on in to JUDD, but everyone has been so friendly and helpful! I'm on my second DD, and trying to not eat anything until this afternoon. Just coffee for the morning to see how it works. I'm really enjoying reading everyone's experiences, and what has worked and hasn't worked for them. Looking forward to all the great benefits of JUDD!
deedee is online now  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #204
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 12
Gallery: WeightLoss
Hey everyone! I WAS A FAT GIRL I started JUDDD on October 14th, 2012 at 189.9lbs. Today, November 29th, I am at 174.6lbs!!! My goal is to be at 130lbs in the end... but as long as I reach the 150s sooooooooon, I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST GIRL ON EARTH (especially after all the emotional things I've been through being overweight my whole life).

Please give me some motivation to continue on
WeightLoss is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #205
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,932
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Just rushing by to say hi, Dee, I feel we are old friends already!

Kismet, just be sure you didn't enter kgs instead of lbs on that calculator, I know some of us did, lol.

New December Newbies thread will be up in a day or two, so pop in there and get to know each other and ask lots of questions.
Kissa is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #206
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,932
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
WeightLoss, you are already doing so well. Lovely to have you with us, lots of great folks here who will egg you on and celebrate your successes with you.
Kissa is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #207
Junior LCF Member
 
KTOWN28081's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 12
Gallery: KTOWN28081
Stats: 222/177/145
WOE: Low Carb/Now on JUDDD
Start Date: Low Carb 1/2011, JUDDD 11/2012
Hi everyone,
Haven't been on much. Trying to get the holiday season going. I have a question though. I've been on this for about a month and you know what that means.. yep it's about that time. This is my DD and I'm starving. I normally can do DD's with no problem what so ever. I've heard that the body burns more calories during "that time" and was wondering if thats the reason why I'm so hungry. Should I try to eat a little more or just wait it out? It's 4:00 pm and I've already had about 400 calories. Normally, I can have 200-300 and be content for the whole day.
KTOWN28081 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #208
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTOWN28081 View Post
Hi everyone,
Haven't been on much. Trying to get the holiday season going. I have a question though. I've been on this for about a month and you know what that means.. yep it's about that time. This is my DD and I'm starving. I normally can do DD's with no problem what so ever. I've heard that the body burns more calories during "that time" and was wondering if thats the reason why I'm so hungry. Should I try to eat a little more or just wait it out? It's 4:00 pm and I've already had about 400 calories. Normally, I can have 200-300 and be content for the whole day.
I also always get really hungry on some of my tom days, especially for sweet stuff! You're still low on calories so get yourself a snack-it will make you feel better
mom23kids is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #209
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,932
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
The trick is get through the day without throwing in the towel and going off the rails totally. (To mix my metaphors.)

Have a little more to help you through the day.

When I read this kind of post, I am quite happy to be 65.
Kissa is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #210
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,625
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Deedee and WeightLoss! This is a wonderful place to be, both in cyberspace, and in WOE. Glad to have you and don't hesitate to post questions, observations, comments...whatever!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.