Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #1801
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Good to have you back Cyn, I love the flower over the ear

How exciting to be back studying.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #1802
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Hi. Happy New Year 2014 and new stab at JUDDD. Today is my 1st down day all going OK ish.

Last edited by lola5k; 01-13-2014 at 10:40 AM..
Old 01-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #1803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola5k View Post
Hi. Happy New Year 2014 and new stab at JUDDD. Today is my 1st down day all going OK ish.
and lovely to see you, Lola. Good luck with your new stab at JUDDD
Old 01-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #1804
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pugluv9802
Stats: 193.8/168.2/150/ 5'10
WOE: Going to try JUDD 1-13-14
Start Date: 12/01/2013
My name is Lynn. I tried JUDD last year sometime, but could not commit. I have read "The Alternated Day Diet" by Dr. Johnson and "The Fast Diet" by Dr. Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer. Very informative. I'm starting today with DD, and to be honest, not so bad. At 1pm and I have only used 75 calories. I also started walking again, start with 1 mile and work my way up. I look forward to reading posts and learning through those who have traveled this way for awhile. Thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #1805

Lovely to see you again Lola and Lynn.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:37 AM   #1806
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugluv9802 View Post
My name is Lynn. I tried JUDD last year sometime, but could not commit. I have read "The Alternated Day Diet" by Dr. Johnson and "The Fast Diet" by Dr. Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer. Very informative. I'm starting today with DD, and to be honest, not so bad. At 1pm and I have only used 75 calories. I also started walking again, start with 1 mile and work my way up. I look forward to reading posts and learning through those who have traveled this way for awhile. Thanks
back to both of you!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:14 AM   #1807
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Carly. Down day went OK. Think I may have gone over a little on the calories but not much. I.ve started the plan so that is good. UD today so yipee but I will keep regulated as I think before I used to think I can eat exactly what I want and probably went UAWD...lol

Wow this thread has got so long for just the first two weeks of January. I wish that they would put the latest thread first instead of 61 pages onwards..lol
Old 01-14-2014, 05:19 AM   #1808

You can change the way you see posts presented in Display Modes at the top of the page. But I just flick to First Unread usually or Last page.

This is the intro thread, not the January Newbie thread, that seems to have slipped, I'll go bump it.

Good to see you back being a DODO Lola. (Day On Day Off.)
Old 01-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #1809
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Thank you Carly. Down day went OK. Think I may have gone over a little on the calories but not much. I.ve started the plan so that is good. UD today so yipee but I will keep regulated as I think before I used to think I can eat exactly what I want and probably went UAWD...lol

Wow this thread has got so long for just the first two weeks of January. I wish that they would put the latest thread first instead of 61 pages onwards..lol
Just click on the little box with the down arrow in front of the thread on the main page and it will take you to the first unread post (you have to be logged in for that to work).
Old 01-14-2014, 08:13 AM   #1810
Senior LCF Member

Thanks
Old 01-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #1811

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Hi Lola and Lynn! Welcome back, and good luck to you both. This is the place to be for success, motivation, and some giggles. Seriously....I laugh so often reading this board.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #1812
Senior LCF Member

Hey LowCarbGal. Thank you. Yep good to be back.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #1813
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hatemybmi
new to juddd need more info

hello all

I currently weigh 196 lbs, am 26 years old, and my height is 5'3. I would like to start this woe, but I just want to make sure I have this down. Which do I start first the up or down day? The calculator says I need 2023 calories on my up days and 405 calories on my down days. I set it to sedentary. However, I cycle 1-3 times a week and am wondering should I still keep it to sedentary even though I exercise a couple of days a week, but live a sedentary lifestyle? So I eat 405 calories on down days for 2 weeks, and then I increase it slowly up to 30%? I just want to make sure I have the correct info. On down days, is there a specific timeframe to eat? I am looking to lose about 70 lbs. I was doing the high fat/low carb diet for a few days, but because this could be a maintainable woe, I thought why not. Is exercise recommended on down days or should it be avoided? Also, is there a specific macro we should follow? I currently have 70%fat/20%protein/10%carbs. I do tend to eat too much dairy, so am looking to change that by using juddd.

Thanks all
Old 01-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #1814

Hello, and !

I'm glad you've decided to give this WOE a try. I'll try and answer all your questions.

Which do I start first the up or down day?
*Start with an UD, unless you were already eating well, and plenty of calories every day. It's always better to go into a DD well fueled.

The calculator says I need 2023 calories on my up days and 405 calories on my down days. I set it to sedentary. However, I cycle 1-3 times a week and am wondering should I still keep it to sedentary even though I exercise a couple of days a week, but live a sedentary lifestyle? So I eat 405 calories on down days for 2 weeks, and then I increase it slowly up to 30%? I just want to make sure I have the correct info.
*Your numbers look right to me, and I would stick to those numbers to start with. Or you can start your DDs at 500 or even higher to start with (2 weeks) and then back down to the lower number. Be sure to get in all your UD calories, or quite close. Once you know you are losing well, if you want you can raise your DD or your UD calories and see what happens. You may lose just as well on higher calories, but you may not. We all have to play around and see what works for us. But the protocol is start at 500 DDs and then move down to your calculated calories.

On down days, is there a specific timeframe to eat?
*Ideally, you'll have a 36 hour fast, so from end of eating on UD (say, 8:00pm), through the DD, and until you break your fast when you start eating your next UD (say 8:00am), that's approx. 36 hours. Some of us go a little longer or shorter. And of course, you're not completely fasting. You get those 500 or whatever DD calories.

You can eat whenever you want on DDs. Some people eat small amounts frequently through the day. Some of us avoid eating anything solid early in the day and save most/all our calories for a small dinner. Several of us find that eating anything gets us hungrier, so we avoid eating until mid-afternoon or later. I usually have coffee with heavy whipping cream in the morning or mid-day, then save the rest for dinner.

Is exercise recommended on down days or should it be avoided?
*Again, you'll have to see what works for you. I have exercised both on UDs and DDs, and had no problem. Some find they get hungrier after working out on DDs and it makes sticking to plan harder. I haven't found that, but I'm not doing super strenuous workouts.

Also, is there a specific macro we should follow? I currently have 70%fat/20%protein/10%carbs. I do tend to eat too much dairy, so am looking to change that by using juddd.
*There are no rules! You can eat what you want, and what your body likes, as long as it's within your calories. Someone wise on this board (Nancy?) says "JUDDD doesn't care what you eat, but your body might". So you'll have to see what works best for you (sound familiar?)

Your macros sound very NK, and you can continue with that if you want. Beware though, since you've been eating that way, if you add in carbs right away on JUDDD, you'll likely gain several pounds as your glycogen stores build back up and you retain fluid. That will come off when your body adjusts and you'll start seeing the pounds go down from there.

Hope this helps, and I also hope others will chime in with their own expertise and experience. Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:24 AM   #1815
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Hello, and !

I'm glad you've decided to give this WOE a try. I'll try and answer all your questions.

Which do I start first the up or down day?
*Start with an UD, unless you were already eating well, and plenty of calories every day. It's always better to go into a DD well fueled.

The calculator says I need 2023 calories on my up days and 405 calories on my down days. I set it to sedentary. However, I cycle 1-3 times a week and am wondering should I still keep it to sedentary even though I exercise a couple of days a week, but live a sedentary lifestyle? So I eat 405 calories on down days for 2 weeks, and then I increase it slowly up to 30%? I just want to make sure I have the correct info.
*Your numbers look right to me, and I would stick to those numbers to start with. Or you can start your DDs at 500 or even higher to start with (2 weeks) and then back down to the lower number. Be sure to get in all your UD calories, or quite close. Once you know you are losing well, if you want you can raise your DD or your UD calories and see what happens. You may lose just as well on higher calories, but you may not. We all have to play around and see what works for us. But the protocol is start at 500 DDs and then move down to your calculated calories.

On down days, is there a specific timeframe to eat?
*Ideally, you'll have a 36 hour fast, so from end of eating on UD (say, 8:00pm), through the DD, and until you break your fast when you start eating your next UD (say 8:00am), that's approx. 36 hours. Some of us go a little longer or shorter. And of course, you're not completely fasting. You get those 500 or whatever DD calories.

You can eat whenever you want on DDs. Some people eat small amounts frequently through the day. Some of us avoid eating anything solid early in the day and save most/all our calories for a small dinner. Several of us find that eating anything gets us hungrier, so we avoid eating until mid-afternoon or later. I usually have coffee with heavy whipping cream in the morning or mid-day, then save the rest for dinner.

Is exercise recommended on down days or should it be avoided?
*Again, you'll have to see what works for you. I have exercised both on UDs and DDs, and had no problem. Some find they get hungrier after working out on DDs and it makes sticking to plan harder. I haven't found that, but I'm not doing super strenuous workouts.

Also, is there a specific macro we should follow? I currently have 70%fat/20%protein/10%carbs. I do tend to eat too much dairy, so am looking to change that by using juddd.
*There are no rules! You can eat what you want, and what your body likes, as long as it's within your calories. Someone wise on this board (Nancy?) says "JUDDD doesn't care what you eat, but your body might". So you'll have to see what works best for you (sound familiar?)

Your macros sound very NK, and you can continue with that if you want. Beware though, since you've been eating that way, if you add in carbs right away on JUDDD, you'll likely gain several pounds as your glycogen stores build back up and you retain fluid. That will come off when your body adjusts and you'll start seeing the pounds go down from there.

Hope this helps, and I also hope others will chime in with their own expertise and experience. Good luck!

Thank you LowCarbGal
Old 01-15-2014, 03:39 AM   #1816
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dara23
New

Hiya! Just starting JUDDD and I hope there are others here! I need to lose about 30ish pounds. So far, I survived my first DD-I did exceed my caloric amount, but stayed under 600. Not too bad for a start. I am finding myself to be not hungry this morning, so I am hopeful it will all even out.

I am a working mama of 4 kiddos 11 years to 3 years. I'm tired just writing that!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:46 AM   #1817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemybmi View Post
hello all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dara23 View Post
Hiya!
A warm JUDDD to you both!

It's good to see that you're trying out JUDDD to assess whether its compatible with your preferences and lifestyle.

I've nothing to add to LCG/Carol's superb summary.

Good Luck! If you post up in the January Newbies thread, more people will see you, you'll see more of this month's starts and have a place to swap tips, get advice etc.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #1818

Quote:
Hiya! Just starting JUDDD and I hope there are others here! I need to lose about 30ish pounds. So far, I survived my first DD-I did exceed my caloric amount, but stayed under 600. Not too bad for a start. I am finding myself to be not hungry this morning, so I am hopeful it will all even out.

I am a working mama of 4 kiddos 11 years to 3 years. I'm tired just writing that!
dara23! I'm tired just reading that too!. You're superwoman! SlowSure is right, post all you want on all the threads and you'll get to know everyone and we can get to know you. Good luck!

Hi Lola! You are welcome.

Last edited by LoCarbGal; 01-15-2014 at 08:30 AM..
Old 01-15-2014, 08:50 AM   #1819
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ldavis
Stats: 226/220/160
WOE: juddd
Start Date: December 2013
Hi everyone! I've been reading threads for quite awhile on here. Started juddd in December 2013, but got side tracted with all the holidays. Finally getting in good rotations and starting to lose a few pounds
Old 01-15-2014, 11:09 AM   #1820

Three lovely Newbies.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #1821

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis View Post
Hi everyone! I've been reading threads for quite awhile on here. Started juddd in December 2013, but got side tracted with all the holidays. Finally getting in good rotations and starting to lose a few pounds
aboard! It's a great time to start JUDDDing.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #1822
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hatemybmi
Low carb gal, how long did it take you to lose 89 lbs using judd? Do you recommend this woe in my scenario or more of an atkins type approach? I already cut wheat flour, potatoes, anything made with flour from my diet, but I would like to eat oatmeal for breakfast sometimes.

So after 2 weeks of eating at my ud and dd calories I will start to see the weight go down? I am tired of seeing it stay at +-200ish.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #1823

I've been doing JUDDD since 9/6/12, so 16 1/2 months. Average of 5.4 pounds per month, but it has slowed down quite a lot in the past few months, as I'm getting closer to goal, and I'm specifically trying to preserve/gain some muscle. Also, I haven't weighed for almost a month, so it could be more (hope hope!). In the beginning I was losing about 9 pounds a month.

I think if you like eating lower carb, you should stick to that. I don't think it would hurt to add in oatmeal at all. Eat what you enjoy, and what feels good for your body. Have an occasional treat. Have a drink or two.

I would guess your weight will start going down within the first 2 weeks. One thing I've noticed reading these boards for almost 2 years, is that almost all of us go into this convinced that our metabolisms our broken, and that this works for others but won't work for us. And the vast majority of us find that that just isn't true. Just trust JUDDD!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:17 AM   #1824
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemybmi View Post
So after 2 weeks of eating at my ud and dd calories I will start to see the weight go down? I am tired of seeing it stay at +-200ish.
Nobody can predict at the outset whether a WOE or schedule will suit someone: it's something that people found out for themselves through trying out a WOE.

You've seen Carol's stats, Dawn's (KeirasMom), Carly's etc.? There are several people here who have been successful with JUDDD and shed 90-150lbs or more: all of them have followed the programme and discovered what works for them and suits their lives.

Some of our successful maintainers (Adi comes to mind) didn't lose anything during induction but did thereafter and reached goal. We have a crop of JUDDDers at present, a couple of whom lost useful amounts during induction. Again, it's difficult to anticipate how an individual will respond.

Several people combine Atkins and JUDDD for periods of time.

Good luck with whichever WOE you select.

Dec 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:34 AM   #1825

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Nobody can predict at the outset whether a WOE or schedule will suit someone: it's something that people found out for themselves through trying out a WOE.

You've seen Carol's stats, Dawn's (KeirasMom), Carly's etc.? There are several people here who have been successful with JUDDD and shed 90-150lbs or more: all of them have followed the programme and discovered what works for them and suits their lives.

Some of our successful maintainers (Adi comes to mind) didn't lose anything during induction but did thereafter and reached goal. We have a crop of JUDDDers at present, a couple of whom lost useful amounts during induction. Again, it's difficult to anticipate how an individual will respond.

Several people combine Atkins and JUDDD for periods of time.

Good luck with whichever WOE you select.
and I totally agree with everything stated!

Fly-by as I'm headed out the door. Hi all you wonderful !
Old 01-17-2014, 02:59 AM   #1826
Junior LCF Member

Can someone tell me what "WOE" and "WLM" means?

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2014, 03:03 AM   #1827
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Hello Dara!
WOE = Way Of Eating
WLM = Weight Loss Mode
Old 01-17-2014, 03:40 AM   #1828
Senior LCF Member

Morning all. Been on JUDDD now 5 days today 3rd DD but not seen any loss yet. However, I did read Slow Sure thread where she said give it time to kick in so maybe I need to give a little longer to see a result.

Since posting seen on surfing around that it can take up to 3/4 weeks to see a loss...so patience Lola I guess

Last edited by lola5k; 01-17-2014 at 03:43 AM..
Old 01-17-2014, 03:53 AM   #1829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Can someone tell me what "WOE" and "WLM" means?
LCF and JUDDD popular acronyms
Old 01-17-2014, 04:33 AM   #1830
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
LCF and JUDDD popular acronyms
Thank you!!
Closed Thread