Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #1771
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: East coast
Posts: 2
Gallery: whoIsinThemirror
Stats: 220/220/155
WOE: nothing at the moment
Start Date: working on it
JUDDD

Okay, I had never ever heard of it before. Thanks for the heads up! I may not be able to use that diet program though, as I deal also with PCOS and the hypoglycemia that goes with it. The fasting every other day may not work for me. I need to figure out something that will work though.
whoIsinThemirror is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #1772
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Well, if it sounds interesting to you at all, I would encourage you to read up a little more on JUDDD. We have gals here who are dealing with those same issues and manage very well. Good luck!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #1773
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,165
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoIsinThemirror View Post
Okay, I had never ever heard of it before. Thanks for the heads up! I may not be able to use that diet program though, as I deal also with PCOS and the hypoglycemia that goes with it. The fasting every other day may not work for me. I need to figure out something that will work though.
I have PCOS and juddd has changed my life and transformed my health. If you search juddd and PCOS on LCFs you will find a number of threads.
Carly is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #1774
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Gallery: jpwestco
Hi everyone,
The calc says 3124 UD and 624 DD, 43yo male 300lbs, 6'3". The UD day cals seem like a lot is it ok to eat less on the UD? I plan to do 500 cals for the first 2 weeks.
jpwestco is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #1775
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
JP! The number you came up with is what I get too. We always say it's important to eat up to your UD calculated calories, and the wide swing is what makes the JUDDD magic. It does sound like a lot, but I have faith in you! I don't have any doubt I could do it! I would try sticking really close to both UD and DD cals for at least 2 weeks, and see what happens. Just trust JUDDD! And enjoy!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 12-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #1776
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Gallery: jpwestco
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
JP! The number you came up with is what I get too. We always say it's important to eat up to your UD calculated calories, and the wide swing is what makes the JUDDD magic. It does sound like a lot, but I have faith in you! I don't have any doubt I could do it! I would try sticking really close to both UD and DD cals for at least 2 weeks, and see what happens. Just trust JUDDD! And enjoy!
Thanks for the uplifting response!!...I am going to try it for 2 weeks although getting in 3k cals in one day is going to prove difficult if I do it LC.
jpwestco is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 02:02 AM   #1777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,877
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwestco View Post
Thanks for the uplifting response!!...I am going to try it for 2 weeks although getting in 3k cals in one day is going to prove difficult if I do it LC.
and I agree with Carol, do what you can to eat your UD kcals.

Even at the outset, it's helpful to plan for success. We tend to emphasise eating your UD kcals to make sure that you maintain your metabolism for later on in your weight loss journey, when you might need to start tweaking and reducing kcals because you've reduced.

I hope that you and JUDDD find that you are comfortable with each other.
SlowSure is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #1778
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,165
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwestco View Post
Hi everyone,
The calc says 3124 UD and 624 DD, 43yo male 300lbs, 6'3". The UD day cals seem like a lot is it ok to eat less on the UD? I plan to do 500 cals for the first 2 weeks.
! You got great responses from Carol and SS. Eat those UD calories. LC food is calories dense- cream, butter, avocado, oils, meats- you can do it!
Carly is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #1779
Senior LCF Member
 
pulchritudinous_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 249
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/23/13, Restart 9/17/14
Hello, everyone!
After lots of research on the benefits of ADF, I've decided to give JUDDD a try (though I've decided to stay LC for the first few weeks). The JUDDD folks are always so uplifting and helpful; I look forward to checking in with you all after my first DD tomorrow!
pulchritudinous_j is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #1780
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulchritudinous_j View Post
Hello, everyone!
After lots of research on the benefits of ADF, I've decided to give JUDDD a try (though I've decided to stay LC for the first few weeks). The JUDDD folks are always so uplifting and helpful; I look forward to checking in with you all after my first DD tomorrow!
I just love your name. That word cracks me up....it just does NOT sound like what it means!

Good luck starting JUDDD. Many of us started out LC, and I for one am really looking forward to starting 2014 VLC just to rid myself of the carb hangover/cravings and get my body free of it again! I'll look forward to getting to know you here.
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #1781
Senior LCF Member
 
pulchritudinous_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 249
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/23/13, Restart 9/17/14
Thanks, Carol! It's such a fun word, though difficult to rotate into every day conversation...hehe
I've noticed that waiting until later in the day to begin eating (on UD or DD) works well for most here. I was thinking of trying broth and herbal tea (as I got BUCKOOS of yummy teas for xmas!) for the entire day. How important is it to eat up to DD cals?
pulchritudinous_j is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #1782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,877
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulchritudinous_j View Post
I was thinking of trying broth and herbal tea (as I got BUCKOOS of yummy teas for xmas!) for the entire day. How important is it to eat up to DD cals?
pulchritudinous_j and to JUDDD

Some JUDDDers go to (near) zero on DD. For the first couple of weeks, however, Dr Johnson recommends that people try 500kcals on a DD so that they can become accustomed to the pattern of rotations and experience any glitches that might derail them later if they hadn't known to anticipate them (IYSWIM).

As always, it's a matter of what suits you - and what suits you now might be different at another point in the weight loss journey - it's not fixed.

I hope that you and JUDDD adjust to each other and discover that you're compatible. Good Luck!
SlowSure is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #1783
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,165
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulchritudinous_j View Post
Hello, everyone!
After lots of research on the benefits of ADF, I've decided to give JUDDD a try (though I've decided to stay LC for the first few weeks). The JUDDD folks are always so uplifting and helpful; I look forward to checking in with you all after my first DD tomorrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulchritudinous_j View Post
I've noticed that waiting until later in the day to begin eating (on UD or DD) works well for most here. I was thinking of trying broth and herbal tea (as I got BUCKOOS of yummy teas for xmas!) for the entire day. How important is it to eat up to DD cals?
! You don't need to eat all your DD calories. Dr. Johnson said a complete fast was best, but doubted many folks would do that EOD. I always wait till later in the day to eat. Everyone is different so in the beginning just try different things till you find what works for you.
Carly is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #1784
Senior LCF Member
 
pulchritudinous_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 249
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/23/13, Restart 9/17/14
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!
So far my 1st DD has gone much better than I expected. I'm experiencing no hunger, have been sipping hot tea and broth (did use one pat butter/one T HWC) all day and calories are sitting at 96 for the day.
Do you all worry about sodium intake on DDs? I don't usually watch my sodium, as LCing naturally wastes it, but two cubes of the bouillon I use almost uses up the RDA of sodium...
pulchritudinous_j is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #1785
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I never worry about sodium and I love salty foods. Never had any BP problems either. That's just me...
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #1786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,877
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulchritudinous_j View Post
Do you all worry about sodium intake on DDs? I don't usually watch my sodium, as LCing naturally wastes it, but two cubes of the bouillon I use almost uses up the RDA of sodium...
No, I don't think about it although I would if I seemed to develop any symptoms related to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I never worry about sodium and I love salty foods. Never had any BP problems either. That's just me...
Likewise on all of those. anchovies, salt cod, olives, capers in salt (not brine), miso

If it does perturb you, are there potassium salt (rather than sodium) bouillon cubes?
SlowSure is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #1787
Senior LCF Member
 
pulchritudinous_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 249
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/23/13, Restart 9/17/14
No medical problems with sodium, just a bit curious. HTN *does* run in my family (though I contribute it to lifestyle) but hopefully at 24 I won't have to worry about that for quite some time.
Slowsure, I may look into the potassium salt bouillon just because it'd be an easier way to get my K+ in. Thanks for the suggestion!
pulchritudinous_j is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #1788
Senior LCF Member
 
Planelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 876
Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
I use Morton's Salt Substitute, not to avoid sodium, but to get a nice dose of potassium that you really can't get in any good quantity in any supplements.

And I don't really pay that much attention to sodium intake. I stay fairly low carb, around 25g net, and if anything I need more than the RDA for sodium.
Planelman is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #1789
Senior LCF Member
 
RoxyRoller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Behind the furry wall.
Posts: 834
Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/250/200
Start Date: December 30, 2013
Hello all, I began JUDDD yesterday with an UD, and today I'm reading all the incredible DD recipes as well as the many posts on the JUDDD board, very interesting.

From what I see, this may just be the way to go, I feel strangely "in control" today.

Thank you, Carly, for the suggestion to come to the JUDDD threads, the more I read the more sense JUDDD makes, for me.
RoxyRoller is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #1790
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Congrats, RR, for choosing the most livable, flexible plan EVER. , and good luck!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #1791
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 19,013
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Welcome Roxy. You will love the plan I am sure , ask lots of question and read as much as you can. We are all rooting for you.
Kissa is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #1792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,877
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRoller View Post
From what I see, this may just be the way to go, I feel strangely "in control" today.
RR and I hope that you and JUDDD discover that you suit each other right nicely. As the others have said, JUDDD is eminently liveable for those whom it suits.
SlowSure is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #1793
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,165
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRoller View Post
Hello all, I began JUDDD yesterday with an UD, and today I'm reading all the incredible DD recipes as well as the many posts on the JUDDD board, very interesting.

From what I see, this may just be the way to go, I feel strangely "in control" today.

Thank you, Carly, for the suggestion to come to the JUDDD threads, the more I read the more sense JUDDD makes, for me.
!!!!
I'm so glad you decided to give JUDDD a try! It has literally changed my life!
Carly is offline  
Old 01-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #1794
Senior LCF Member
 
RoxyRoller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Behind the furry wall.
Posts: 834
Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/250/200
Start Date: December 30, 2013
Reactive hypoglycemia

I had a post prandial hypoglycemic attack this morning; after only 530 calories and 4 carbs yesterday, I began my UD with cereal and an orange (major blood sugar spike, followed by an insulin infusion from my pancreas, and a blood sugar crash that had me shaking like a chihuahua at work...not good). It used to happen when I would fast or pull very low calorie days and then eat a "normal" meal.

Have any of you experienced this on JUDDD? I've checked old threads and see some mention of it here and there. How do you handle it?

In any case, I've got to modify my eating so that doesn't happen. Any advice or suggestions can be put in my WL Journal (Roxie's quest to make friends with food), as I realize this thread is for new JUDDD'ers to introduce themselves.

Carly, I can only hope to achieve the success you have...
RoxyRoller is offline  
Old 01-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #1795
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,848
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRoller View Post
I had a post prandial hypoglycemic attack this morning; after only 530 calories and 4 carbs yesterday, I began my UD with cereal and an orange (major blood sugar spike, followed by an insulin infusion from my pancreas, and a blood sugar crash that had me shaking like a chihuahua at work...not good). It used to happen when I would fast or pull very low calorie days and then eat a "normal" meal.

Have any of you experienced this on JUDDD? I've checked old threads and see some mention of it here and there. How do you handle it?

In any case, I've got to modify my eating so that doesn't happen. Any advice or suggestions can be put in my WL Journal (Roxie's quest to make friends with food), as I realize this thread is for new JUDDD'ers to introduce themselves.

Carly, I can only hope to achieve the success you have...
I don't have experience, but my gut instinct would be to break your fast with protein and fat, rather than sugar, and see what happens.
KeirasMom is offline  
Old 01-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #1796
Senior LCF Member
 
FrostyBeav's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Warshington
Posts: 739
Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRoller View Post
I had a post prandial hypoglycemic attack this morning; after only 530 calories and 4 carbs yesterday, I began my UD with cereal and an orange (major blood sugar spike, followed by an insulin infusion from my pancreas, and a blood sugar crash that had me shaking like a chihuahua at work...not good). It used to happen when I would fast or pull very low calorie days and then eat a "normal" meal.

Have any of you experienced this on JUDDD? I've checked old threads and see some mention of it here and there. How do you handle it?

In any case, I've got to modify my eating so that doesn't happen. Any advice or suggestions can be put in my WL Journal (Roxie's quest to make friends with food), as I realize this thread is for new JUDDD'ers to introduce themselves.

Carly, I can only hope to achieve the success you have...

I had some issues with really low blood sugar (in the mid-60's) following DDs when I first started. However, it passed after a couple of weeks. I do break my fast with protein, though (non-fat Greek yogurt).
FrostyBeav is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #1797
Senior LCF Member
 
Never Too Late's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 163
Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Hi everyone. It's so good to be back and see the old timers still on board as well as so many new faces. Welcome new folks!

I am back on Judd after a 5 month "hiatus". I originally joined JUDD in late March 2013 and fell off the wagon in August I believe. Since summer and including an eating spree during the holidays I managed to gain back exactly the same amount of weigh I lost on JUDD.

It's sobering to step on the scale. I am taking it a bit slow and not beating myself up if I go past 400 calories on my down days.

One thing that makes me feel "new" again is that I've gone back to school and I am truly enjoying it. It helps me interact with people more, move my body, and rev up my mind, memory and skills. (I'm in my mid 50s.)

Well, its good to be back again. So glad this forum is going strong.
__________________
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -- Mahatma Gandhi

"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are." -- Brillat Savarin

Last edited by Never Too Late; 01-11-2014 at 02:57 PM..
Never Too Late is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 04:19 PM   #1798
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,165
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Too Late View Post
Hi everyone. It's so good to be back and see the old timers still on board as well as so many new faces. Welcome new folks!

I am back on Judd after a 5 month "hiatus". I originally joined JUDD in late March 2013 and fell off the wagon in August I believe. Since summer and including an eating spree during the holidays I managed to gain back exactly the same amount of weigh I lost on JUDD.

It's sobering to step on the scale. I am taking it a bit slow and not beating myself up if I go past 400 calories on my down days.

One thing that makes me feel "new" again is that I've gone back to school and I am truly enjoying it. It helps me interact with people more, move my body, and rev up my mind, memory and skills. (I'm in my mid 50s.)

Well, its good to be back again. So glad this forum is going strong.
back!!!!
Carly is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #1799
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
back Cyn! I'm glad you found your way back here. Lots of re-starting JUDDDers on the board again, so it's like old home week. Hopefully much more than a week! Congrats on school. I really admire you for diving into that. Good luck, and hope to see you posting often.
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 01-12-2014, 11:02 AM   #1800
Senior LCF Member
 
Never Too Late's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 163
Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Thank you Carly and LoCarbGal for your warm well wishes. I look forward to sharing with both of you again, as well as with everyone on the board. We are all here to help one another.

It feels so good to be back. Smile.
Never Too Late is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.