Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Welcome to the latest new peeps! Yay!!! It's nice to have fellow new people around to hang with!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
Newbies!!!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Thank you, Ladies, for the warm welcome!

Today has been surprisingly good so far. Not perfect, but pretty easy.

I've had, like I said, my homemade mocha with CO and HWC, then early afternoon 1 boiled egg and a slice of bacon, and just finished 2 oz turkey and a cup of chicken broth. I had 1 diet coke with a shot of lemon juice.

I've had a liter of water too.

Can't deny I'm looking forward to tomorrow which I'm sure is what is keeping me going. I have no willpower, but I can be stubborn when I need to be.

I'll probably start in the morning with a half a bagel and some cream cheese with my mocha, if the focus of JUDDD is on calories I'll indulge in a few carbs. then later have my usual eggs and bacon with a OMM. Dinner will probably be meat or fish with veggies. SF jello pudding made with HWC and water later for dessert.

I'm thinking a lot of you are here because at some point you did LC? When you switched or combined LC with JUDDD did you stick to LC? On you UD or DD or both?
Old 11-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Jaylynn!
Old 11-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #155
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Atira
Stats: 267.4/265.2/150
WOE: CALP
Start Date: 12/26/2013
Hi Jaylynn! Welcome and congrats on getting through your first day. I just completed my fourth DD. I was low-carbing before and my DDs are still pretty much protein only. However, I have rebounded a little on my UDs. I'm eating bread items. At first I was worried, but I did lose 3 pounds in the first week, which makes me happy, so I will probably keep a few carbs around on UDs to make the DDs easier to get through. I don't think I will ever go back to eating a LOT of carbs on UDs. I have a feeling you will do well!!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atira View Post
Hi Jaylynn! Welcome and congrats on getting through your first day. I just completed my fourth DD. I was low-carbing before and my DDs are still pretty much protein only. However, I have rebounded a little on my UDs. I'm eating bread items. At first I was worried, but I did lose 3 pounds in the first week, which makes me happy, so I will probably keep a few carbs around on UDs to make the DDs easier to get through. I don't think I will ever go back to eating a LOT of carbs on UDs. I have a feeling you will do well!!
Hi Atira, congrats to you too! on losing 3 lbs in one week and your first 4 DD days. I feel so encouraged again, after struggling the past few weeks. I'll probably have a few more carbs, but like you never go back to eating a lot of them. And if I am not satisfied with how I'm losing even with a few more, I'll cut them out and go from there.

Okay off to bed. I'll probably dream about that half bagel I'll be having in the morning.

Keep me posted on how you're doing. Us low carbers can compare notes.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hi JayLynn Welcome!!

I originally started with just lc and could not get the scale to move much. It took me about 6 months to lose about 18 pounds. Yes, the scale moved, yes I felt better, but... after that 18 pounds, the scale started going back up and up....I was exercising my behind off 6 days a week, counting every single thing that went into my mouth, upping fat, lowering fat in a desperate attempt for some results..and no change on the scale or even measurements. When I initially started JUDDD I kept it relatively low carb but after awhile found that I could have carbs by keeping them in moderation. DD's I keep fairly low, but UD's are a different story

There is definitely something to be said in knowing that UD is just around the corner. Makes those DD's tolerable, and some UD's you'll find yourself actually anxious for a DD to begin! I know I do!

Good luck to you, and post often!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
, Marianne and JayLynn!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #159
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
Hi Atira, congrats to you too! on losing 3 lbs in one week and your first 4 DD days. I feel so encouraged again, after struggling the past few weeks. I'll probably have a few more carbs, but like you never go back to eating a lot of them. And if I am not satisfied with how I'm losing even with a few more, I'll cut them out and go from there.

Okay off to bed. I'll probably dream about that half bagel I'll be having in the morning.

Keep me posted on how you're doing. Us low carbers can compare notes.
Hi Jaylynn, I was LCing for 2 months and not losing very much...I've completely let go of the LC thinking and still lost 4 lbs in 9 days. I eat cookies, cake, etc. I am of the opinion that carbs are not the enemy I once thought.

Go ahead and eat the whole bagel. After all you have some calories to eat!!!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 11-24-2012 at 05:39 PM..
Old 11-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #160
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Hi Jaylynn, I was LCing for 2 months and not losing very much...I've completely let go of the LC thinking and still lost 4 lbs in 9 days. I eat cookies, cake, etc. I am of the opinion that carbs are not the enemy I once thought.

I am slowly changing my "lc is the way" thinking too. After 13+ years, it is hard to do, but I am seeing losses while eating the carbs. As long as I stick to the rotations with JUDDD, the pounds do come off. Shocking to me but nice to see!!! I don't want to live a carb free life forever. I really did want to eat, and feel, "normal". This is the ticket
Old 11-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #161
Big Yapper!!!!

Go JUDDD!!! I'm seeing the LIGHT!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I'm afraid to venture out & eat all those goodies. I had a bite or two...here & there during Thanksgiving. Have you noticed that your losses are lower or stalled after you eat them...or does it not matter? My brain wants to think "low carb" and "NO-NO"...not allowed!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I am slowly changing my "lc is the way" thinking too. After 13+ years, it is hard to do, but I am seeing losses while eating the carbs. As long as I stick to the rotations with JUDDD, the pounds do come off. Shocking to me but nice to see!!! I don't want to live a carb free life forever. I really did want to eat, and feel, "normal". This is the ticket
Hi Dawn

I have that same mind-set as you. On Monday, I am going to add some carbs in...I bought the Nature's Own~low cal/low carb bread to have a sandwich. I miss sandwiches. I want to get some corn tortillas...dying for tacos

As far as working JUDDD...it really is easy! I over-thought it and made it harder than it really is I tend to enjoy the down days more...almost a challenge for me to try to beat my all-time low of calories from the DD before The UD's are very easy for me now...I can see how they can easily become UUAAD's...especially if you do not track it.

Have a great weekend...heard you weren't feeling good...feel better soon

Angela in TX~170.4 lbs.
LDW=175.6
New goal----->170ish
Old 11-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy PreK Teacher View Post
I'm afraid to venture out & eat all those goodies. I had a bite or two...here & there during Thanksgiving. Have you noticed that your losses are lower or stalled after you eat them...or does it not matter? My brain wants to think "low carb" and "NO-NO"...not allowed!!!
I'm losing more than I was LC, and I'm eating whatever I want on UD's. No carb restrictions at all. I don't have diabetes or high blood sugar, so that might be a problem for someone who does...other than that, I think JUDDD works fine no matter how you choose to eat your calories!

So far, I'm losing a little over 3 lbs a week, and I know it may not stay that high, but I would rather lose slowly and enjoy whatever I choose to eat, along with healthy foods of course, than to restrict myself to a certain way of eating. Besides, I think losing too quickly has a host of problems that I would rather not encounter anyway.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 11-24-2012 at 06:26 PM..
Old 11-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #165

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy PreK Teacher View Post
Hi Dawn

I have that same mind-set as you. On Monday, I am going to add some carbs in...I bought the Nature's Own~low cal/low carb bread to have a sandwich. I miss sandwiches. I want to get some corn tortillas...dying for tacos

As far as working JUDDD...it really is easy! I over-thought it and made it harder than it really is I tend to enjoy the down days more...almost a challenge for me to try to beat my all-time low of calories from the DD before The UD's are very easy for me now...I can see how they can easily become UUAAD's...especially if you do not track it.

Have a great weekend...heard you weren't feeling good...feel better soon

Thanks Angela. Yeah, not having a voice is not fun. Especially on a holiday like Thanksgiving. It was not good, I still have a sore throat. But at least I have a voice!! Back to my yelling. I am sure my kids had a great holiday with me being so quiet Glad you are enjoying JUDDD. I knew you would
Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Hi JayLynn Welcome!!

I originally started with just lc and could not get the scale to move much. It took me about 6 months to lose about 18 pounds. Yes, the scale moved, yes I felt better, but... after that 18 pounds, the scale started going back up and up....I was exercising my behind off 6 days a week, counting every single thing that went into my mouth, upping fat, lowering fat in a desperate attempt for some results..and no change on the scale or even measurements. When I initially started JUDDD I kept it relatively low carb but after awhile found that I could have carbs by keeping them in moderation. DD's I keep fairly low, but UD's are a different story

There is definitely something to be said in knowing that UD is just around the corner. Makes those DD's tolerable, and some UD's you'll find yourself actually anxious for a DD to begin! I know I do!

Good luck to you, and post often!
Thanks, DesertGurl

My loss has been really slow too but probably because I've been lowcarbing but probably not low enough. Its amazing how many foods have carbs! I had a little fruit on atkins, probably way too soon.

Anyway, I know I want to keep the carbs at a minimum because eating bread and all that stuff...I find it hard to stop.

My first UD was today and I still feel full. I didn't quite hit my calories but according to the chart its 2200 and thats a lot! I got close though.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow and feeling a little hungry again...weird...

Good luck to you too! We can do this!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

LOL i didn't even have the bagel. I did have pumpkin pie though, scraped it off the crust. Old habits die hard!

Its so interesting how we all find our own way with this. Its great you can eat the cookies and stuff! Unfortunately I can't stop at one or two...i want it all!
Until I get a handle on that, I'll keep on with the LC.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
LOL i didn't even have the bagel. I did have pumpkin pie though, scraped it off the crust. Old habits die hard!

Its so interesting how we all find our own way with this. Its great you can eat the cookies and stuff! Unfortunately I can't stop at one or two...i want it all!
Until I get a handle on that, I'll keep on with the LC
This may change quickly for you! Lasagna is my favorite thing ever. Last night we went out and being an UD, I didn't worry about it. As it turns out, I ordered the 1/2 order & then only was able to eat 1/2 of that. Seriously never thought that would happen before. (I just was too full!) So you might surprise yourself eating sweets and being able to just eat a little pretty soon!

Have you other new peeps measured yourselves? If not, PLEASE DO! I forgot to do it the first week, but I did remember to do so for my 2nd week. I am not sure why I decided to torture myself remeasuring yesterday (a week after I took the measurements), but I was down 2 to 2 1/2" in my tummy areas. Uh. IN A WEEK. That's crazy! It sure never went down like that in all my years of south beach!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #169

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
JUDDD is a surprise, I do know. Love to see so many loving their freedom and results.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/254.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Officially starting tomorrow!

Okay - I can do this!! I've been LCing but not actually counting my carbs. Sometimes I feel deprived. I hate that! So tomorrow starts JUDDD - I love all the ratings and comments on this WOE. This is what I planned for my first DD on Tues and I started a separate thread that says this. Hopefully it'll help other newbies:

It is my nature to imagine the deprivation, so I am trying to plan ahead.... I have my list started for my first DD this Tuesday. As a side note, I am trying to not eat any Fake Processed Foods on a regular basis. Maybe once in awhile, but not every DD.

First I worry about my coffee.. I am used to my coffee with HWC now, and a good amount of it (3 Tbsp would be 150 calories) and/or thick coconut milk. WAY too many calories for a DD. Can't have that or I'll be done for the day. I have tested myself to see if that is filling for me and maybe I won't want breakfast.. but, no. I AM hungry about an hour later. I bought some unsweetened almond milk - regular flavor and chocolate. I don't want to include more dairy (i.e. milk) into my day. I was thinking that maybe I can make more of a cafe au lait with the almond milk and just use it throughout the morning since there will be more. I am not much of a tea drinker although I may do that in the afternoon.. Any other suggestions?

I made up a recipe for a big batch of veggie soup to be used between meals or with 2 oz of protein for a meal. W/O protein - 63 calories for 1.5 cups. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds on paper. (If it's good I'll list the recipe afterwards!).

I bought a carton of organic egg whites to mix with a couple of whole eggs and make Egg/Quiches in a muffin pan. For a DD I'll mix it with sautee'd veggies, and in a separate muffin pan I'll add some crumbled bacon and/or sausage and some cheese for the UD meal. These are great to carry in a baggie when you have to eat a meal out of the house.

I purchased a few bags of shirataki noodles, cabbage and goat cheese (instead of Laughing Cow). Maybe a few pieces of shrimp mixed in and some seasonings will be a nice meal Tuesday night.. and I can do a Shrimp Scampi for DH on the S noodles..

I don't want to make a big deal out of the DD's here at home. Well, actually I don't want to make a big deal out of them at all, but they are freaking me out. LOL! So many of you are role models and I want to be just like that after a few weeks!

The resveratol and pristerlene (sp??) will be here mid-week. Oh my!!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

Good planning, dipgal!!! I may have to get some recipes from you! There's a very long thread of DD suggestions/menus and recipes if you like planning and want some choices. I like the shredded cabbage, cooked with 1 or 1/2 chicken breast and 1 or 2 LC cheese mixed in. Makes a low cal satisfying meal.

I think of snuff when I see your nickname.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Hi dipgal, I'm new to this WOE too, this is my second DD. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd try alternate day fasting. I really thought it just wouldn't be possible for me to eat so little every other day. I have had moderate success with low carb, mostly because I didn't have to count calories, just carbs, and eat as much low carb foods as I wanted.

I'm a coffee freak too, gotta have my mocha every day. I make mine with 6 oz Hood Carbsmart 60 cal, 1 TB HWC 50 cal, and 1 tsp CO oil 40 cal. So 150 total calories. Its all I have until afternoon, when I'll have a boiled egg and a couple strips of bacon. Another 160 cal. Later I'll have 2 oz of fish or chicken and some LC veggies, 160 cal. Total 470 for the day. I also add some chicken broth in the evening if I need it.

I can do this because I know I can eat pretty much whatever I want the next day! And the health benefits of JUDDD is what convinced me to give it a try.

Sounds like you have a great plan to get you started. Keep posting with how you're doing and any questions you may have. This is a great group of folks here full of support and great information.

Good Luck!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #173
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
This may change quickly for you! Lasagna is my favorite thing ever. Last night we went out and being an UD, I didn't worry about it. As it turns out, I ordered the 1/2 order & then only was able to eat 1/2 of that. Seriously never thought that would happen before. (I just was too full!) So you might surprise yourself eating sweets and being able to just eat a little pretty soon!

Have you other new peeps measured yourselves? If not, PLEASE DO! I forgot to do it the first week, but I did remember to do so for my 2nd week. I am not sure why I decided to torture myself remeasuring yesterday (a week after I took the measurements), but I was down 2 to 2 1/2" in my tummy areas. Uh. IN A WEEK. That's crazy! It sure never went down like that in all my years of south beach!
WTG on the inches lost!!! That is awesome!

I am always in awe of just how little I am able to eat of the things I plan on eating on an UD. Crazy how that works! Some reason I just can't eat the same amounts I used to before switching to JUDDD. It's awesome and a very freeing feeling I can't get over it!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:31 AM   #174

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sounds as if you are ready willing and able Dipgirl. Enjoy your JUDDD experience.

One of the great lessons of JUDDD is that it teaches us how much most of us have been eating. Many of us here came to JUDDD via LC and have the mindset that providing what we ate had no carbs we could eat whatever quantities we liked.

Now knowing that most of us came to LC because we had already become 'over eaters', it stands to reason that we continued to over eat. Of course ketosis helped us because we weren't necessarily hungry all the time. But, and it is a big but, I suspect many of of us, certainly I speak for myself, many of us ate not because we were hungry but because it was allowed....

So we continued to over eat.

JUDDD allows us to retune our bodies to understand that it does not need constant refuelling. It is used to that and so it may take a little while to accept that, on alternate days it will have to learn to understand that WE are in charge. And we know that hunger is not an emergency, we know that we will not faint away or become ill if we experience hunger pangs. We know this and we also know the reward of our UD is never far away.

Freedom from the fear of hunger is one of the greatest gifts JUDDD has given me.

Sorry for the loooong post.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rayne_W
Stats: 255/229.4/140 5'6" (12.5" lost)
Start Date: 10-2-12 (LC) 11-18-12 (JUDDD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Sounds as if you are ready willing and able Dipgirl. Enjoy your JUDDD experience.

One of the great lessons of JUDDD is that it teaches us how much most of us have been eating. Many of us here came to JUDDD via LC and have the mindset that providing what we ate had no carbs we could eat whatever quantities we liked.

Now knowing that most of us came to LC because we had already become 'over eaters', it stands to reason that we continued to over eat. Of course ketosis helped us because we weren't necessarily hungry all the time. But, and it is a big but, I suspect many of of us, certainly I speak for myself, many of us ate not because we were hungry but because it was allowed....

JUDDD allows us to retune our bodies to understand that it does not need constant refuelling. It is used to that and so it may take a little while to accept that, on alternate days it will have to learn to understand that WE are in charge. And we know that hunger is not an emergency, we know that we will not faint away or become ill if we experience hunger pangs. We know this and we also know the reward of our UD is never far away.

Freedom from the fear of hunger is one of the greatest gifts JUDDD has given me.

Quoted for truth!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

I love the way you think, Cindy. You have been so supportive, right from the start, and before I made the decision to come over to JUDDD. So thankful for your wisdom.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
I'm back! Restarted JUDDD again, second down day, today

Hello everyone
I'm from the Eieio which in the board game scramble means, farm.
I've been off the JUDDD wagon over 6 months or more-yikes.
I've had trouble with my knees this last 6 months. Knee injections the works.
Due too no activity, other than getting thru the day.
I've gained back up to 150#.
Wawah-pout.
I've been reading ur posts again. Which are wonderful.
I see lots of different folks that are losing on JUDDD. So happy for everyone.
I had no trouble with my first down day his time.
I remember the first time I did this woe.
I thought I might melt with my stomach not full of food. Dah me.
This time, totally different.
It's nice to be back reading and celebrating with u all.
Dawn u look AWESOME!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
Hello everyone
Wawah-pout.
Dawn u look AWESOME!
Welcome back!!! I'm a clueless new peep, but nice to meet you!!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #179

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Aw thanks, EI! Welcome back. We've missed you. I'm sorry your knees have been giving you trouble.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #180
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
Hello everyone
Wawah-pout.
Dawn u look AWESOME!
Welcome back!
Closed Thread