Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #1441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/118-125
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyw/kitties View Post
I am not a newbie only starting over....I AM BACK!!!lol
JUDDD, the Reboot back to JUDDD!

As you know, it may well suit you to spend the first couple of weeks just establishing your rotations and paying little attention to your UD counts (within reason). It's so useful to have a routine established because it gives a firm foundation for making the tweaks and changes that will suit you and your lifestyle.

Well done for deciding to come back to JUDDD and seeing if this is the right schedule for you at this time.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #1442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
Well, after much reading here, much online research, and many emails between me and my dear friend Ouizoid - here I am!

DH and I started JUDD this week. Yesterday was our first Down Day and we did the Potato Hack - nothing but potatoes all day. DH was really worried that they'd rev him up and then drop him like a rock, but it didn't happen - we were both pleasantly surprised how satiating the potatoes were - and he was down nearly 2# this morning, and me about 1.5! Wowza!

So today is an Up Day and we'll be reasonable about it - we are planning to go out for dinner but have already decided on the menu - he'll have the fried calamari appetizer and a big Greek horiatikia salad, I'm gonna have the Salmon Carpaccio appetizer and probably the short ribs over polenta for dinner. A glass of wine each and that will do the job.

We're actually looking forward to more potatoes tomorrow! LOL! Who'da thunkit?
Welcome to you!!! Since ouiz if your pal and Dawn is excited about your menus, I can't wait to hear all about your JUDDD adventures!!! Hope you enjoyed that lovely dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verynicebecky View Post
Good morning!

I am still with the program. Busy yesterday and today. I will check back in on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampson1951 View Post
Hello! Been lurking around here for awhile and decided to finally post something! I started JUDDD 7/7/2013 so it's my first week. It's going pretty well. Going a little off the rails crazy with food on the Up Days. I think i'm going to have to save the carbs for the evening, that way maybe I won't have cravings all day. I decided not to buy the protein shakes at the store and instead am making a smoothie on the Down Days. I drink that about 6 in the evening and that works out pretty well. I make it with kale, cabbage, cucumber, goji berries, protein powder, blueberries, bananas, chia seeds and some coconut milk. I measure out the ingredients and it comes out to around 400 calories. My husband isn't participating but he's supportive. I haven't lost any weight yet and actually gained a pound. Maybe PMS. Anyway, I'll keep enjoying all of your posts.
Don't panic! You will start dropping weight, just keep going!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly59 View Post
A big welcome to all the new folks that have arrived.

I had a DD today and realized how much I treasure my UD. Stayed within the allowed calories. So far, so good. I've been doing JUDD almost two weeks. I am still motivated to go onward
Woohoo!!!! Doing great!!!!

Quote:
I am not a newbie only starting over. I am tired of trying new things that don't work for my body and mind anymore. My problem...drumroll...is that I eat to much. Plain and simple. I am hoping to stop that by sticking to this woe . My 1st goal is 1 month. Today is my 2nd dd and they go pretty well. It is the ud. I didn't add calories because I already know I went over by visiting a yummy,greasy,fish place. I don't have the courage to say no yet. This is going to be a 12 step program for me and I know this is the board I want to be at. I am not new to a lot of you but hopefully my being back will help someone else as well as myself. Thank you already for any and all support given or to be given...I AM BACK!!!lol
Welcome back!!! Can't say I wouldn't have had trouble with the fish place, either! no worries, just keep going. If you have DDs down already, you will do fabulous!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #1443
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Kristan, I am certain that you will begin to lose as you keep working this WOE. Sometimes it comes off fast, sometimes it comes off slow, sometimes it doesn't come off at all for awhile. But big picture, if you work it, it will come off!

Grammy, good to see you here again!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #1444
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chelly59
Stats: 211.8/199.4/175 54yrs
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 4, 2014
Today will be an UD as today is too special to try and have a DD.

My DW's birthday is today. We plan to go out shopping, eat lunch and have a wonderful dinner this evening. Will not count any calories and tomorrow, it will be back to busihess - a DD
chelly59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #1445
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sampson1951
Stats: 245/245/130
Start Date: 07/7/13
You all were right! Weighed this a.m. and was down 4 lbs. All good! Thanks much for the support and encouragement!
sampson1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #1446
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ellen770
Start Date: July 2013
Hello! I was searching for recipes that used glucomannan, and while reading them on here, noticed the stats of many who do JUDDD. I was impressed. I bought the book and read it. Today is my third day on the diet, and so far, so good. I have eaten low carb, and close to Paleo for a long time. I just have a lot of metabolic problems, and am searching for a WOE that will allow me to lose weight. I am diabetic, hypothyroid, and that combination makes it awfully hard to lose. In addition, I have a food sensitivity to eggs, which is frustrating. A bit about me- I am a potter, I used to cater and love to cook, have three and a half grandkids, am married. I grew up in the Chicago area, but now live in Atlanta. My favorite pastimes are playing in the pool, lifting weights, and doing receptions for church functions. Now I am going to go back and start reading up on all the entries here.... Thanks!
Ellen770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #1447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You all were right! Weighed this a.m. and was down 4 lbs. All good! Thanks much for the support and encouragement!
That's lovely to read. It isn't easy but we really do need to trust the process and, as Kissa/Cindy says: "Relax. Rotate. Rejoice".
Old 07-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #1448
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chelly59
Stats: 211.8/199.4/175 54yrs
Start Date: January 4, 2014
Excellent Sampson - great news

It feels so good to see the results of this woe.
chelly59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #1449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen770 View Post
Hello! I was searching for recipes that used glucomannan, and while reading them on here, noticed the stats of many who do JUDDD. I was impressed. I bought the book and read it. Today is my third day on the diet, and so far, so good.... I am diabetic, hypothyroid, and that combination makes it awfully hard to lose.
and it's good to see you posting here

We have several JUDDDers who live with diabetes (or were previously being treated for it) and others with hypothyroidism. If you introduce yourself over on the July JUDDD newbies thread as well then perhaps some of them will be able to answer any specific questions that you might have about JUDDD and your particular concerns.

I hope that you and JUDDD suit each other and that you find it a good match to your needs and lifestyle.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #1450
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
Well, after much reading here, much online research, and many emails between me and my dear friend Ouizoid - here I am!

Quote:
Hello! Been lurking around here for awhile and decided to finally post something! I started JUDDD 7/7/2013 so it's my first week. It's going pretty well.

Quote:
I am not a newbie only starting over. I am tired of trying new things that don't work for my body and mind anymore. My problem...drumroll...is that I eat to much. Plain and simple. I am hoping to stop that by sticking to this woe .
back!

Quote:
Hello! I was searching for recipes that used glucomannan, and while reading them on here, noticed the stats of many who do JUDDD. I was impressed. I bought the book and read it. Today is my third day on the diet, and so far, so good.

So many new juddd buds!!!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #1451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
woohoo!!!!

Quote:
Hello! I was searching for recipes that used glucomannan, and while reading them on here, noticed the stats of many who do JUDDD. I was impressed. I bought the book and read it. Today is my third day on the diet, and so far, so good. I have eaten low carb, and close to Paleo for a long time. I just have a lot of metabolic problems, and am searching for a WOE that will allow me to lose weight. I am diabetic, hypothyroid, and that combination makes it awfully hard to lose. In addition, I have a food sensitivity to eggs, which is frustrating. A bit about me- I am a potter, I used to cater and love to cook, have three and a half grandkids, am married. I grew up in the Chicago area, but now live in Atlanta. My favorite pastimes are playing in the pool, lifting weights, and doing receptions for church functions. Now I am going to go back and start reading up on all the entries here.... Thanks!
Welcome to you!!!! Read, read, read and post away!!!! Hope you love it here like we all do!!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #1452
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
! I'm so glad you did find us and impressed you've started already! Fantastic! Great to have you with us.

Quote:
YAYAYAY!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #1453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fluffy_Bunny
Stats: 220/184.8/160 5'7"
Start Date: July 9, 2013
Yay Sampson! keep up the great work.

I'm two days behind you in JUDDD so I'll be reporting my first week stats on Monday after my next down day tomorrow. Those week one losses are the best!
Fluffy_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #1454
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TxMom3
Stats: 154/149/135
Start Date: July 1, 2013
Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and say THANKS! I am not new to low-carb or LCF, but I have not posted in years....big time lurker here You all and your great knowledge and friendly disposition has made me want to come out of lurkdom!!

anyway, I tried JUDD a while back and lasted maybe 2 days. Just did not click. I started again on July 1st. I have been pretty pleased with this woe. I survived a 4th of July celebration, a 3 day family trip, and a girls night out with college friends, and have managed to lose 5 pounds! I am so thankful. I lost a bit of weight a few years ago (low-carb style) but have settled about 20 lbs higher than I wanted. This time, I am determined to get it off! I think JUDD is the way I can do it and live with it!

Thanks for all of the great information here. I bought the book, but actually have found this site to be much more informative I'm looking forward to being more involved and getting to know you all~
TxMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #1455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxMom3 View Post
Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and say THANKS! I am not new to low-carb or LCF, but I have not posted in years....big time lurker here You all and your great knowledge and friendly disposition has made me want to come out of lurkdom!!

anyway, I tried JUDD a while back and lasted maybe 2 days. Just did not click. I started again on July 1st. I have been pretty pleased with this woe. I survived a 4th of July celebration, a 3 day family trip, and a girls night out with college friends, and have managed to lose 5 pounds! I am so thankful. I lost a bit of weight a few years ago (low-carb style) but have settled about 20 lbs higher than I wanted. This time, I am determined to get it off! I think JUDD is the way I can do it and live with it!

Thanks for all of the great information here. I bought the book, but actually have found this site to be much more informative I'm looking forward to being more involved and getting to know you all~
Welcome to you, so glad you're coming out of lurkdom! Love, love, LOVE that you have been enjoying yourself and still losing those pounds! Wooohooo!!! You are going to do great!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #1456
Blabbermouth!!!

TxMom3! I'm so glad JUDDD clicked for you this time, and you're doing just great. I'm sure you'll drop those 20 or so and be so happy while doing it. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #1457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TxMom3
Stats: 154/149/135
Start Date: July 1, 2013
Thanks for the welcome, girls!
TxMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #1458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I tried JUDD a while back and lasted maybe 2 days. Just did not click. I started again on July 1st. I have been pretty pleased with this woe. I survived a 4th of July celebration, a 3 day family trip, and a girls night out with college friends, and have managed to lose 5 pounds! I am so thankful. I lost a bit of weight a few years ago (low-carb style) but have settled about 20 lbs higher than I wanted. This time, I am determined to get it off! I think JUDD is the way I can do it and live with it!
TxMom3 - as per the others, congratulations on your good start and KUTGW

A number of us are JUDDD rebooters (eg, I am, FairyWren is) so you may well just drop into the rhythm of this WOE this time around.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing you post.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #1459
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sorry, I have been MIA but I want to say welcome to all you wonderful Newbies and Returners. This is simply the kindest and most knowledgeable spot for aspiring and long time JUDDD BUDDDs.

I look forward to getting to know you all. Post often, it really helps.

Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #1460
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monkeypenny
Stats: 156/155/130 (age: 38)
WOE: JUDDD (it works if you stick to it. Well, if... )
Start Date: 16/04/2014 - just another restart :)
Hi everyone and hello from Germany!

May I join you (again)? As I wrote in the "newbie chat"-thread, it's a restart for me. I started JUDDD last summer, but fell off the wagon on vacation and haven't started again until now. I can't even say why, because I really liked this way of eating. Just dieting every other day was such a relief!

I wanna lose 20 pounds (15 would be good as well) and then maintain with two fasting days, because I've read so much about the positive effects of fasting.

I'm from Munich, Germany, so my English may sound a bit strange sometimes. But I hope it gets better as soon as I'm in the "english writing groove" again.

So, here I am, fiercly determined to hold on this time!

First DownDay today (on a lazy sunday, am I stupid or what?), but until now (14pm in Germany) everything goes surprisingly well.
Monkeypenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #1461
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Thomac
Stats: 157/156/145
Start Date: July 21, 2013
Am just trying to find something besides the rigors of another hcg round. Have gained 5 pounds since early June trying to maintain my latest weight loss. With post menopause, hypothyroidism and being a recovered bulimic I am cautiously considering JUDDD.
Low carb seems to be the best way for me to maintain. I have put the most of my gain back on trying paleo. Healthy fat does not appear to be working.
Thomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #1462
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBelly
Stats: 239/219/195
WOE: deb's low glycemic carb based on Atkins & S Beach
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Hi I am lurking around. The postings sound inspiring. I do LC but I am always looking for tips. I just may join you.

Question, if I may ask: how this work - do you do a DD then an UD? Like alternate the days i.e. for a given week Mon DD, Tues UD, Wed DD, Thurs UD, Fri DD, Sat UD, Sun DD?

I really would appreciate a response.
TheBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #1463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBelly View Post
Question, if I may ask: how this work - do you do a DD then an UD? Like alternate the days i.e. for a given week Mon DD, Tues UD, Wed DD, Thurs UD, Fri DD, Sat UD, Sun DD?
you've got that spot on. It is EOD or every other day in the sequence you've given. Your 2nd week would be Mon UD, Tues DD, Wed UD, Thurs DD, Fri UD, Sat DD, Sun UD and then rinse and repeat week 1 and week 2.

Good luck
Old 07-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #1464
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
I tried JUDD a while back and lasted maybe 2 days. Just did not click. I started again on July 1st. I have been pretty pleased with this woe. I survived a 4th of July celebration, a 3 day family trip, and a girls night out with college friends, and have managed to lose 5 pounds! I am so thankful. I lost a bit of weight a few years ago (low-carb style) but have settled about 20 lbs higher than I wanted. This time, I am determined to get it off! I think JUDD is the way I can do it and live with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypenny View Post

May I join you (again)? As I wrote in the "newbie chat"-thread, it's a restart for me. I started JUDDD last summer, but fell off the wagon on vacation and haven't started again until now. I can't even say why, because I really liked this way of eating. Just dieting every other day was such a relief!

I wanna lose 20 pounds (15 would be good as well) and then maintain with two fasting days, because I've read so much about the positive effects of fasting.

I'm from Munich, Germany, so my English may sound a bit strange sometimes. But I hope it gets better as soon as I'm in the "english writing groove" again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomac View Post
Am just trying to find something besides the rigors of another hcg round. Have gained 5 pounds since early June trying to maintain my latest weight loss. With post menopause, hypothyroidism and being a recovered bulimic I am cautiously considering JUDDD.
Low carb seems to be the best way for me to maintain. I have put the most of my gain back on trying paleo. Healthy fat does not appear to be working.

Quote:
Hi I am lurking around. The postings sound inspiring. I do LC but I am always looking for tips. I just may join you.

Yup- DD, UD, DD, UD, DD, UD... just keep rotating!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #1465
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypenny View Post

So, here I am, fiercly determined to hold on this time!

First DownDay today (on a lazy sunday, am I stupid or what?), but until now (14pm in Germany) everything goes surprisingly well.
Monkeypenny! I love your username!

Your English reads fantastic to me. I'm really glad your first DD is going so well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomac View Post
Thomac! JUDDD really is about calories, so you can eat LC if you like, or add in some fruits and breads, or even desserts. As long as your calories are within your bounds. I started JUDDD LC, and then slowly added back starchy veggies, then fruits, pasta, and ultimately sweets. I try to control them still, but I have what I want too.

Quote:

You've got it. I do strict EOD, so every week is different from the last. And it works great for me!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
Old 07-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #1466
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBelly
Stats: 239/219/195
WOE: deb's low glycemic carb based on Atkins & S Beach
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Thanks for the responses. I am seriously considering this woe
I inadvertently do this and get results last time I lost like 5 lbs in a few days.I was wondering what caused the whoosh.
TheBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #1467
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CrystalIowa
Stats: 235/235/175
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: july 2013
Just ordered book..........

I am a newbie to JUDDD.
I have been reading everyone's posts waiting for my book to arrive.
I see everyone mentioning Ratios like 5:2 , 4:3..... I know it refers to up days /down days, but I was wondering how many people are also applying a low carb approach and how beneficial to weight loss thanks in advance!!!!
Crystal
CrystalIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #1468
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalIowa View Post
I am a newbie to JUDDD.
I have been reading everyone's posts waiting for my book to arrive.
I see everyone mentioning Ratios like 5:2 , 4:3..... I know it refers to up days /down days, but I was wondering how many people are also applying a low carb approach and how beneficial to weight loss thanks in advance!!!!
Crystal
Crystal! I'm glad you found us and are taking advantage of the board until your book arrives. Honestly, I am glad I have the book, but I've learned much more practical information right here on the boards.

I'm one who does strict EOD rotations and only switch up if I have an event that I just can't make work with a DD. I started JUDDD doing strict LC, but loosened up after a couple of months. I started in September last year, and by Thanksgiving I was eating whatever I wanted through the holidays! Having said that, I tend more toward LC eating anyway. I enjoy meat, eggs, cheese, fat and so I veer more that direction naturally. I don't see any difference in my losses on JUDDD though, to be perfectly honest. Good luck!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #1469
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dodo121
Stats: 215/170/145 5'8"
WOE: 2/15/2013 Atkins. 7/16/2013 JUDDD
Start Date: 2/15/2013
Hi Everyone...just started JUDDD last week, was on Atkins previously(started on 2/15/2013) and lost about 40 pounds doing so...been browsing the JUDDD discussions and here I am...I am 33 year old male about 5'8".
Since doing JUDDD, the down days seemed pretty easy...just doing the induction portion now and drinking 2 nutritional shakes a day...
dodo121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #1470
Blabbermouth!!!

dodo! It's nice to have another guy on board. I'm glad you're doing well so far and it will just get easier and better.