Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #1261
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindypaints View Post
I am new here, been doing a LOT of reading here and elsewhere on the net and think I have confused myself very effectively!
I did hcg for several cycles but it just was not for me, I lost but regained, then lost then... Well you get the idea.
I decided to try atkins but then saw juddd and the result has been a week or eating lots of meats, eggs and cheese with planned down days that did not eventuate and I am terrified that the scales will show a gain when I brave them tomorrow.
So... I really think that a PLANNED combo of atkins and juddd will work for me but I am not sure what to eat exactly on my down days. Can someone offer some suggestions? Sorry if I sound like a confused mess...
Lindy
!
Try here Low(ish) Carb DD Staples

or here What is the most bang for 100 calories?

Last edited by Carly; 06-02-2013 at 08:00 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #1262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindypaints
WOE: Hcg injections- P2 , long round
Start Date: June 2013
Thank you Carly, I just found the lowish carb thread and will look at the other one- they should help a lot!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #1263
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Meggen and LindyPaints! We are glad you are giving JUDDD a try and hope it will work well for you, too.

Kimmie
Old 06-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #1264
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Meggan and Lindy.

You are going to love this way of eating I am confident. There are so many ways to make this work. Lower carb is one, but my guess is that you will love the freedom JUDDD gives you to enjoy all the great foods on the planet.

We will be here to support you all the way.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #1265

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Meggan!

Lindy!

So glad to have you both with us! Be sure to read, read, read, and post away on any threads you like so we can get to know you and answer your questions ( you WILL have them!)
Old 06-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #1266
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meggen
Stats: 323/306.9/149.9
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 5/29/13
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

And welcome Lindy!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #1267
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beebop
Stats: 171.8/169.6/145 5'3" 48 yrs
Start Date: 6/4/13
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this site also and have been doing Atkins induction for the past 8 weeks. Only lost 2 pounds the first 4 weeks on induction so then I tried Fat Fast and lost 6.2 pounds in one week and gained 2 pounds back after returning to induction. Since then I've done Fat fast each week for 5 days and off for 2 only to lose and regain the same 2 pounds over and over after 8 weeks. I know I am very resistant to losing weight after 14 years of yo yo dieting without much success since my daughter was born. I've studied the insulin, leptin resistance information as well and wanted to ask all you expert JUDDD dieters on here if it might work for me? I'm a nurse and 48 years old, 5'4". 170 lbs. I do take thyroid meds. and recently quit Yaz birth control pills for hormonal acne thinking they may not be helping. Thank you to all for any help!
Cyndi
Old 06-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #1268

Cyndi! I thought I'd never lose anymore after stalling on Atkins after 54 pounds, moved to JUDDD and have lost another 58, eating carbs! I do tend to enjoy eating lower carb in general, but I have eaten my share of desserts, pizza, sandwiches, pasta since starting JUDDD. Give it a try! Just be aware that if you've been fat fasting and Inductioning (my own word) then you'll gain a few pounds of water weight/glycogen before you start losing again. But if you're prepared for that, it's no big deal. Good luck!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #1269
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebop View Post
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this site also and have been doing Atkins induction for the past 8 weeks. Only lost 2 pounds the first 4 weeks on induction so then I tried Fat Fast and lost 6.2 pounds in one week and gained 2 pounds back after returning to induction. Since then I've done Fat fast each week for 5 days and off for 2 only to lose and regain the same 2 pounds over and over after 8 weeks. I know I am very resistant to losing weight after 14 years of yo yo dieting without much success since my daughter was born. I've studied the insulin, leptin resistance information as well and wanted to ask all you expert JUDDD dieters on here if it might work for me? I'm a nurse and 48 years old, 5'4". 170 lbs. I do take thyroid meds. and recently quit Yaz birth control pills for hormonal acne thinking they may not be helping. Thank you to all for any help!
Cyndi
Cyndi! Juddd has transformed my life- truthfully. I think it's the greatest WOE out there!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #1270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
lindypaints and Beebop. I hope that you both find that JUDDD and you suit eachother well.

Quote:
I've studied the insulin, leptin resistance information as well and wanted to ask all you expert JUDDD dieters on here if it might work for me? I'm a nurse and 48 years old, 5'4". 170 lbs. I do take thyroid meds. and recently quit Yaz birth control pills for hormonal acne thinking they may not be helping.
There are several people who've followed JUDDD while managing their hypothyroidism with medication and they've been very successful (Leo41 and KeirasMom come to mind).

The leptin resistance information is very interesting. I followed a programme for 10 weeks but haven't as yet seen any improvement: however, I don't have any semblance of a normal circadian rhythm so I don't know if the lack of results should be almost wholly attributed to that. Other people have done much better with the managing leptin programme.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #1271

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Hello Everyone,
Cyndi
JUDDD worked for me even before my thyroid disease was diagnosed, and continued working after I was medicated. I can't sing its praises highly enough. I hope it works just as well for you!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #1272

I've been remiss in welcoming all the !

So . . . !!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #1273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Beebop, we're glad you hopped over here to JUDDD! I am a long term thyroid patient and can verify that it does work even with hypothyroidism. Yay!

Kimmie
Old 06-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #1274
Junior LCF Member

Thank you to all of you!! You are all sooo sweet and like a big family, I'm excited to have your support and my first down day is going well so far. I'm drinking a lot of yerbe mate and green tea this afternoon since gettting off work to keep my hunger at bay. I had a question to ask you all....I noticed some people take their down days every Mon., Wed., Fri.? Is that a good idea or is it better to stick to every other day so that I don't have two up days in a row on the weekends? Also wanted to know on each of your Avatars I noticed your stats with 3 separate numbers, is the 3rd number on the right your current weight and shows how much you've lost? thank you so much!

Last edited by Beebop; 06-04-2013 at 04:47 PM..
Old 06-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #1275

Quote:
Thank you to all of you!! You are all sooo sweet and like a big family, I'm excited to have your support and my first down day is going well so far. I'm drinking a lot of yerbe mate and green tea this afternoon since gettting off work to keep my hunger at bay. I had a question to ask you all....I noticed some people take their down days every Mon., Wed., Fri.? Is that a good idea or is it better to stick to every other day so that I don't have two up days in a row on the weekends? Also wanted to know on each of your Avatars I noticed your stats with 3 separate numbers, is the 3rd number on the right your current weight and shows how much you've lost? thank you so much!
I say do every other day rotations for at least the first couple of weeks to get those SIRTs really flowing. Some do okay with set DDs, but almost everyone does well with EOD.

My stats are Starting Weight/Current Weight/Goal Weight. I think most people use that format. I am below my original goal weight and my 2nd goal weight, and I'm thinking about lowering it again. With JUDDD, all things are possible.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #1276
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I say do every other day rotations for at least the first couple of weeks to get those SIRTs really flowing. Some do okay with set DDs, but almost everyone does well with EOD.

My stats are Starting Weight/Current Weight/Goal Weight. I think most people use that format. I am below my original goal weight and my 2nd goal weight, and I'm thinking about lowering it again. With JUDDD, all things are possible.
That is awesome for you!! way to go, I'll start with the qod and see how it goes. I know to expect a little up in my weight to start since I was doing the Atkins Fat Fast and not getting anywhere fast. But I'm excited to do this and actually get to eat some carbs now and again. Do more people eat anything they want or do LC on UD's and which one has more success? I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time to add some carbs. back in to my life after 8 weeks of LC.

Carly, I looked at your before and after pics and that is AMAZING!!! I hope I get results like all of you!
Old 06-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #1277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
But I'm excited to do this and actually get to eat some carbs now and again. Do more people eat anything they want or do LC on UD's and which one has more success? I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time to add some carbs. back in to my life after 8 weeks of LC.
I don't think it's possible to outline what everybody does or the 'best way' as every JUDDDer has their proverbial path up the mountain that works for them.

A fair number of people are excited about adding carbs back so they do that from the outset. Others resolve to remain VLC but may moderate the amount of daily carbs upwards after a couple of weeks of EOD rotations. I don't think that any of the long-term maintainers who post regularly keep LC but that doesn't mean that there aren't some who don't post that much.

JUDDD is as flexible as people and their lifestyles/dietary preferences. I hope that you discover a JUDDD-style that suits you. As gotsomeold Nancy says (approximately): "JUDDD just cares about calories, it doesn't care where they're from. Your body probably does".
Old 06-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #1278
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Welcome Cyndi!!! I think you're going to love JUDDD. You may be one of those lucky people who lose quickly, but don't be discouraged if the weight loss is slow. JUDDD is not a fast weight-loss plan for most people. I have only lost 20 lbs in 6 months time, but the health benefits are simply amazing. I have more energy, my complexion looks much better and just feel (and look) better, in general. Ask lots of questions and read the boards...there's so much good info on here!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #1279
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Welcome Cyndi!!! I think you're going to love JUDDD. You may be one of those lucky people who lose quickly, but don't be discouraged if the weight loss is slow. JUDDD is not a fast weight-loss plan for most people. I have only lost 20 lbs in 6 months time, but the health benefits are simply amazing. I have more energy, my complexion looks much better and just feel (and look) better, in general. Ask lots of questions and read the boards...there's so much good info on here!
Wow! I think over 3 pounds a month is great! good for you! I hope I can lose at least as fast as you even though I know my body likes to hold on to the weight.
I went down 1.7 pounds after my first DD, how much do most people go up after each UD ( this is my 1st UD )? I hope I can at least keep off .7 of that amount each time and not yo yo up the same amount qod.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #1280
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dave8274
New to JUDDD

Just wanted to give a quick introduction. I stared JUDDD 1 week ago. Before that, I was following a very low carb diet for a long time. I lost plenty of weight on that at first, but never came close to my goal, and over the past couple years I've regained some weight even at extremely low carb levels.

I came across JUDDD kind of randomly, and decided to give it a try. So far, I love it. I was already very low carb, so I was adapted to fat and didn't have to deal with low energy or anything. In the 1st week, I lost 6.6 lbs and it was the easiest thing I have ever done. I'm going to continue to avoid carbs, and mix that in with the JUDDD lifestyle. My wife is on board with me, and we are doing it together, which makes it more convenient.

The coolest thing about it so far is that it has improved my relationship with hunger. The reason I was unable to lose more weight was overeating, pure an simple. I ate when I was not really hungry and ate till I was stuffed. By fasting, I've learned that hunger isn't as terrifying as I must have subconsciously thought, and even on UDs, I am not eating until I am really hungry.

So far so good!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #1281

Dave! It sounds like you and JUDDD are made for each other. How nice that you and your wife can do this together. Is she doing as well as you on it? Keep reading and posting - I think you'll love this WOE and this group (and we can use another guy here!)
Old 06-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #1282
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dave8274
Thanks! She started a few days after me, but so far so good.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #1283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8274 View Post
I came across JUDDD kind of randomly, and decided to give it a try....In the 1st week, I lost 6.6 lbs and it was the easiest thing I have ever done. I'm going to continue to avoid carbs, and mix that in with the JUDDD lifestyle. My wife is on board with me, and we are doing it together, which makes it more convenient....
So far so good!
Hello again

Most of us fall across JUDDD randomly, unless we know someone who follows it and have noticed their good results from their WOE. Odd when one considers how well known other WOEs are.

Impressive losses for week 1. And, yes, it's so much easier when your Best Beloved is on board with the same WOE - less to negotiate about the groceries and the menu-planning.

You've had a good start and look like you've learned a lot of useful information about yourself and your relationship with food. KUTGW
Old 06-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #1284

Great start Dave, I am so glad you and your wife are in this together. Have fun.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #1285
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Also wanted to know on each of your Avatars I noticed your stats with 3 separate numbers, is the 3rd number on the right your current weight and shows how much you've lost? thank you so much!
Mine is start weight/current weight/goal weight.
I think eod is best at least during WLM.

Quote:

Carly, I looked at your before and after pics and that is AMAZING!!! I hope I get results like all of you!
Thank you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8274 View Post

The coolest thing about it so far is that it has improved my relationship with hunger. The reason I was unable to lose more weight was overeating, pure an simple. I ate when I was not really hungry and ate till I was stuffed. By fasting, I've learned that hunger isn't as terrifying as I must have subconsciously thought, and even on UDs, I am not eating until I am really hungry.

So far so good!
Sounds like juddd is going great for you!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #1286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Hi everybody! I am pretty much a newbie...I tried JUDDD in March/April and did 2 weeks with almost zero effort...then fell off the wagon with a large thud I am feeling quite hopeless today...not sure where I should go with my weight loss efforts...I need to pick a WOE and stick with it. I am sad because if I would have kept on with JUDDD I would have been where I want to be now. But if I don't ever completely quit then I will get to my goal eventually, right? I do want to give JUDDD another go and this time I want it to stick I just wanted to reintroduce myself and let everyone know I am going to be accountable and post lots...and this time I am going to get to goal and stay there. I fueled up nicely today, so tomorrow is going to be DD #1. I am going to do EOD rotations, and I welcome any and all comments and support Thanks for letting me return

Kim
Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #1287

Hi Kim - back! I remember you from before. I hope you'll find JUDDD as comfortable as you did before, but be able to stick with it for long term results this time. I've been at it for 9 months now (can't believe that!) and really wouldn't trade it. Good luck!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #1288

Good to have you back on board Kim. I missed your lovely starfish avatar.

Enjoy being back and posting often.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #1289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Thanks so much for the warm welcome back you guys...it means a lot to me...I know this is the right place for me ...I feel it . Today I start at 147.6 officially and I am going to do this

Kim
Old 06-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #1290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sloppail/Kim. I look forward to following your progress.
Closed Thread