Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #1231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Hello Texas Child and to JUDDD. I hope that the two of you suit each other and become good companions.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #1232
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stash'sWife
WOE: Long-time VLC now trying JUDD
Start Date: April 2013
Already typed a big ole intro on the May newbies thread, but wanted to say "hi" on the "big thread", too.

So..."Hi"!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #1233
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: amethyst
New to JUDDD and loving it!

Hi everyone,

I started JUDDD a week and a half ago (today is my sixth DD), and I'm loving it so far. My weight has been bouncing around a lot, but I read that it's normal. Currently, I'm eating 500 calories or less on DDs and not counting on UDs. There's another thread in which someone said that Dr. Johnson answered their question re: UD calories and indicated that after 10-12 weeks, you'd have to limit your UD calories because your appetite adjusts to compensate for the DDs. Have you guys found this to be true?

I haven't been tracking my UD calories, but I'm pretty sure that I'm eating more than the amount prescribed by the calculator on the JUDDD site. I love to eat, and the best thing about JUDDD is that I don't have to restrict calories every other day. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy this if I had to count calories on UDs too (even if I get to eat 2440 cals, which is approximately what my UD calories are, according to the calculator). I just really hate counting, tracking, and restricting. But I find that I don't mind restricting every other day, as long as I know that I'll be able to eat tomorrow.

I'm so excited about this, and I really hope that it works!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #1234
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
amethyst! Glad to have you on board. I am one who counts every day. I'm pretty sure I would eat more than my allowed calories on UDs on a pretty regular basis. After LCing for so long, and liking to eat those kinds of foods which are calorie dense, I got used to pretty healthy portions of meat and cheese and eggs. So I have to be deliberate about what and how much I'll have. I still may have the amounts of things I want on UDs, but I won't have it all in one UD. So a big breakfast means a really light or no lunch and a moderate dinner. Or a splurgy dinner/dessert means being really careful for breakfast and lunch. For me, the results are completely worth it, and I am able to eat all kinds of things that I couldn't have on LC. I hope you love it like I do!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #1235
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Amethyst!
Old 05-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #1236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mslaster
Hello

Hello everyone,

My name is Sherry and I am new to this diet but not new to this site. I been on the site for a long time. To be honest, I am a little uncomfortable joining because every diet I have been on-I always failed. With the help of one of you guys member, --I am coming out of the closet and jumping back on.

So I hope you don't mind me being part of the group:

Also, I like to send a special shout out to Carly, because she has been so helpful, kind, and patient. She never grew tired of my endless questions that I would email to here. Honestly, I was hoping that she would just answer my questions and leave me to my own devices, but she wouldn't. Every answered she gave me always ended with --"please join us --you will like it. She keep encouraging me to join and be part of something. Thank you so much Carly, because I am one that needs to be held accountable. You are such a sweetie!!!

Well anyhoo--I survived the first day---man, was I scared of failing and I couldn't wait until the morning came with all the good stuff I was going to eat. Well, I don't what I had planned out--now ain't that a you know what. I get the Green Light to eat and I don't want it. Any other time you say I can't have it, then I want it.

So if you all don't mind--please tell me what you think:

5/24/13- DD--Lean Cuisine Salad Addition (260 Cals) w/ 2 cups romaine lettuce
2 Dill pickle slices
2 cups of chicken broth

5/25/13--Slimfast 180 cals
Jimmy Dean Delight (turkey sausage/egg/bagel) 260 cals
1 teaspoon grape jelly
3 Large strawberries

So here ares my question? Do I have to constantly write everything I eat down on my UD.
How to I get the adequate amount of protein on my DD days?

Thanks for allowing me to join..
Old 05-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #1237

Sherry! Of course you can join us - you must join us! I'm so glad Carly encouraged you, and yes, she is the BEST!

Your DD sounded just fine, and good for you for accomplishing your first one. That is always the first, big step. Now today, just eat what you want! Think about portions, and try to have normal ones. I don't know what your eating patterns are - whether you tend to eat larger portions, or restrict yourself all the time and will struggle to get in your UD calories, so I can't help you there. Me...I tend toward larger than normal servings !

In the beginning, UDs may not be all that "balanced". As you get used to being able to have some things you wouldn't normally have - like carbs if you've followed LC, or fatty foods if you've been LFing. Have the things you want. Enjoy being able to eat them again. Over the next few weeks, you'll find those foods don't hold the same fascination because you can have them whenever you want to (on UDs of course!), and you'll probably naturally swing towards a more balanced, healthy plan.

I do track everything on both UDs and DDs. It's the only way I can ensure what I'm actually doing. And it also allows me to go back and see where I went wrong, or what I was doing that was working, when things get out of whack.

I'm so glad you're here, and I look forward to hearing more from you about how you're doing!
Old 05-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #1238
Big Yapper!!!!

Here is my official !
I am so glad you joined us!!!!!
I will link the May Newbie thread so you can ask any of us any thing that may pop up- !

May JUDDD Newbies
Old 05-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #1239
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Welcome texas child and mslaster!!!

Mslaster: How did the rest of your UD go? I assume what you wrote above was only breakfast. I hope it was enjoyable, and that you're ready for another good DD.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 05-26-2013 at 07:15 AM..
Old 05-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #1240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mslaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Welcome texas child and mslaster!!!

Mslaster: How did the rest of your UD go? I assume what you wrote above was only breakfast. I hope it was enjoyable, and that you're ready for another good DD.

Thank you for the warm welcome and my UD went ok. I think I kinda of messed up because I was trying to eat as though I was on Atkins --not worrying about calories and focusing on not consuming carbs.

L: Jimmy Dean Turkey Delight
3 strawberries
D: So what I had was 10 pieces of hot wings from Wing Stop
1 serving of veggies (carrots/celery
2 T of blue cheese dressing
Old 05-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #1241
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslaster View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome and my UD went ok. I think I kinda of messed up because I was trying to eat as though I was on Atkins --not worrying about calories and focusing on not consuming carbs.

L: Jimmy Dean Turkey Delight
3 strawberries
D: So what I had was 10 pieces of hot wings from Wing Stop
1 serving of veggies (carrots/celery
2 T of blue cheese dressing
It doesn't seem that you went too high, but I don't know what the calorie count of the wings might be. It is a transition from counting carbs to counting calories. You'll get used to it though.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #1242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abs928
Stats: 175/145/135 in 2010. Current 141.6/137.8/127
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslaster View Post
Hello everyone,

My name is Sherry and I am new to this diet but not new to this site. I been on the site for a long time. To be honest, I am a little uncomfortable joining because every diet I have been on-I always failed. With the help of one of you guys member, --I am coming out of the closet and jumping back on.

So I hope you don't mind me being part of the group:

Also, I like to send a special shout out to Carly, because she has been so helpful, kind, and patient. She never grew tired of my endless questions that I would email to here. Honestly, I was hoping that she would just answer my questions and leave me to my own devices, but she wouldn't. Every answered she gave me always ended with --"please join us --you will like it. She keep encouraging me to join and be part of something. Thank you so much Carly, because I am one that needs to be held accountable. You are such a sweetie!!!

Well anyhoo--I survived the first day---man, was I scared of failing and I couldn't wait until the morning came with all the good stuff I was going to eat. Well, I don't what I had planned out--now ain't that a you know what. I get the Green Light to eat and I don't want it. Any other time you say I can't have it, then I want it.

So if you all don't mind--please tell me what you think:

5/24/13- DD--Lean Cuisine Salad Addition (260 Cals) w/ 2 cups romaine lettuce
2 Dill pickle slices
2 cups of chicken broth

5/25/13--Slimfast 180 cals
Jimmy Dean Delight (turkey sausage/egg/bagel) 260 cals
1 teaspoon grape jelly
3 Large strawberries

So here ares my question? Do I have to constantly write everything I eat down on my UD.
How to I get the adequate amount of protein on my DD days?

Thanks for allowing me to join..
Mslaster, welcome! I am new here too and everyone really is so nice and helpful! I may, I have a few recommendations for the Down Days as I was doing a ton of them while doing HCG and got very used to eating that way. 100g of broiled chicken is about 120 calories. So is 100g of broiled shrimp and lean beef as well. Those measurements were raw and uncooked. Cooked would be about 75-78 grams.

My recco is prepare in advance. Have a protein for lunch with some cucumbers, another protein for dinner with more low calorie veggies such as tomatoes or celery or asparagus...and boom, you have a down day that is pretty fulfilling! I would literally use water alone, and sometimes water and lemon juice as my base for cooking the proteins. Lemon pepper chicken is lovely. Old Bay on the shrimp is too. I am not a huge beef person, but you can do it almost 'taco' style with ground beef and some nice chili powder or fajita seasonings.

I would cook a pound or so of chicken breasts every Sunday in a 9x13 and then section them out for the week. Do the same with ground beef. Measure them out and right in the freezer. Makes it very easy for grab and go! I actually eat them on up days too sometimes and then just make other things with mayo, real salad dressing and olive oil to make up the calories.

For veggies on down days, cucumber and tomato chopped up and mixed with a little lemon and lime juice (tiny bit of hot sauce and jalapeno pepper) is a nice cool salad as well. I have also really come to enjoy the california kicker and think it helps to decrease my appetite. Very good for digestion! Just a mug of hot water, lemon juice, stevia, and a dash or so of cayenne pepper.

Hope this helps on the DDs and good luck!

Amy
Old 05-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #1243
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Sounds great Amy, and you also sound like a good planner! I could take lessons from you. I wing it for nearly every meal, which is not particularly good and especially not good for dieting. I can't seem to get into the mind set of preparing food for a whole week, although I know it would be fairly easy and very convenient. I'm going to get there one day!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #1244
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Sounds great Amy, and you also sound like a good planner! I could take lessons from you. I wing it for nearly every meal, which is not particularly good and especially not good for dieting. I can't seem to get into the mind set of preparing food for a whole week, although I know it would be fairly easy and very convenient. I'm going to get there one day!
Hi Cindy, That is one thing I definitely am... a planner. LOL! I also know myself and if I do not have it there for me already, it will be too easy to stray. I promise you, the chicken is so easy it is insane. In the oven at 350 for about 12 minutes on each side. When you have meals already to go just sitting in your freezer waiting for you, it makes life a lot easier! The other kind of chicken I make is one I eat on up days. It is the same thing, but I add in some sundried tomatoes, roaster peppers, artichokes, and then the oil they are in. More flavor and calories. Shrimp I buy frozen, and just defrost 6 at a time. Those are my two go to proteins. And yes, you can do it! Barely 45 mins once a week! Now its time to get me losing on JUDDD. I am really maintaing well, just not losing.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:29 AM   #1245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 230/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Sept. 2014
Brand new here! I've been lurking on this thread for a while. I have done ww, lc and protein powder- could never stick with one for the duration. So here I am willing and wanting to make this woe work. Today will be a DD for me. Here's my plan for today:

B - 2 bacon strips, 2c coffee with 1 tsp co and 1 tsp 1/2 and 1/2

S - V8, 1 brancrisp, 1 laughing cow wedge

L- 1.75 oz ham, 10 cucumber slices, 1 magic 1 tsp it. dressing

S- 5 olives, 1 magic pop, 3 oz baby carrots

D- 1 magic pop, 4 oz boar's head roast beef, mustard

2nd GOAL - to weigh 215 by March 2015

3rd GOAL - to weigh 200 by June 2015

4th GOAL - to weigh 185 by 9/19/15 When I turn 55.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #1246

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
to all the lovely May Newbies. I have been away but look forward to getting to know you all over the coming months.

Do post often it really helps I know.

Pop over to the May Newbie thread and don't hesitate to hang around when the new June Newbie thread goes up.

There your questions and suggestions along with our answers get seen by all the Newbies.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #1247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsAndi
Stats: 174/149/140
Newbie here! On my 6th day of JUDDD thus far and loving it. I've lost 1 lb so far and made my WW goal. Even thought I made goal, I'm looking to lose another 10 lbs.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #1248

Quote:
Originally Posted by h82bl8 View Post
Brand new here! I've been lurking on this thread for a while. I have done ww, lc and protein powder- could never stick with one for the duration. So here I am willing and wanting to make this woe work.
! Glad you've come out of lurkdom and are joining us. JUDDD is an amazing and flexible plan, and I'll bet it'll be wonderful for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAndi View Post
Newbie here! On my 6th day of JUDDD thus far and loving it. I've lost 1 lb so far and made my WW goal. Even thought I made goal, I'm looking to lose another 10 lbs.
! It sounds like you're doing just great, and those last 10 pounds will be no problem with JUDDD!
Old 05-29-2013, 02:52 AM   #1249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

amethyst, mslaster, h82bl8 and MrsAndi.

A number of people remark that after they're acclimatised to JUDDD, they wish they'd known about it years ago because it's such a straightforward WOE and flexible enough to tolerate different lifestyles and schedules. I hope that you all have a good experience with JUDDD and that you suit eachother.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #1250
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelly_S
Stats: 225/174/155 5'2" 45yr
WOE: 2/1/13 Shangri La (225lb); 3/13/13 JUDDD (215 lbs)
Start Date: 3/13/13 - 28 weeks on JUDDD - 41 lbs gone/51 total
Welcome to all the newbies!! :-D

Make sure to read the stickies about JUDDD because they are packed with helpful information to make your journey easier!
Old 05-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #1251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsAndi
Stats: 174/149/140
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
! Glad you've come out of lurkdom and are joining us. JUDDD is an amazing and flexible plan, and I'll bet it'll be wonderful for you.

! It sounds like you're doing just great, and those last 10 pounds will be no problem with JUDDD!
LoCarbGal, thanks! My goal is to lose these last 10 lbs by July 31
Old 05-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #1252
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: oglalagirl
LC/ JUDDD

Hi, I'm new to JUDDD started a couple of weeks ago and then I really messed up. went traveling under not so fun circumstances (a death in the family) and now I start again.
I'm on my 4th day and have lost 4# so far. I also have to do LC.

I am trying to find a WOE that works for me, allows me some freedom with a few carbs (I'm hoping 35-50 on my UD 0-20 on DD) but also takes the weight off. I lost 50# on LC in 2011 gained about 12 pounds back and have lost and gained the same 5# for the last year and a half. I want to get involved in a forum to help me stay motivated. I need to lose about 80 pounds & maybe more.
thanks
Old 05-31-2013, 04:19 AM   #1253
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h82bl8 View Post
Brand new here! I've been lurking on this thread for a while. I have done ww, lc and protein powder- could never stick with one for the duration. So here I am willing and wanting to make this woe work. Today will be a DD for me. Here's my plan for today:

B - 2 bacon strips, 2c coffee with 1 tsp co and 1 tsp 1/2 and 1/2

S - V8, 1 brancrisp, 1 laughing cow wedge

L- 1.75 oz ham, 10 cucumber slices, 1 magic 1 tsp it. dressing

S- 5 olives, 1 magic pop, 3 oz baby carrots

D- 1 magic pop, 4 oz boar's head roast beef, mustard
Welcome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglalagirl View Post
Hi, I'm new to JUDDD started a couple of weeks ago and then I really messed up. went traveling under not so fun circumstances (a death in the family) and now I start again.

I am trying to find a WOE that works for me, allows me some freedom with a few carbs (I'm hoping 35-50 on my UD 0-20 on DD) but also takes the weight off. I lost 50# on LC in 2011 gained about 12 pounds back and have lost and gained the same 5# for the last year and a half. I want to get involved in a forum to help me stay motivated. I need to lose about 80 pounds & maybe more.
thanks
Juddd is very sustainable, so I hope you'll love it!

Join us here May JUDDD Newbies

Last edited by Carly; 05-31-2013 at 04:20 AM..
Old 05-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #1254

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglalagirl View Post

thanks
I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't consider that a mess up. When crises hit, we just have to deal with the situation at hand, and not worry about eating.

Sounds like you got right back on plan and are doing great! I love LC too and lost my 1st 54 pounds doing it before I switched to JUDDD. But have definitely given myself over to whatever carbs I want doing JUDDD. I tend toward more LC foods as a general rule, but don't hesitate to have fruit or a dessert or pizza. It's just great! Good luck!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:50 AM   #1255
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't consider that a mess up. When crises hit, we just have to deal with the situation at hand, and not worry about eating.

Sounds like you got right back on plan and are doing great! I love LC too and lost my 1st 54 pounds doing it before I switched to JUDDD. But have definitely given myself over to whatever carbs I want doing JUDDD. I tend toward more LC foods as a general rule, but don't hesitate to have fruit or a dessert or pizza. It's just great! Good luck!
LoCarbGal...when you were doing low carb, before switching to JUDDD and allowing more freedom, did the scale go crazy on you when you did eat carbs? I lost my weight off of hcg so that was very very clean to say the least. While on it and even now, 3 weeks off of it and in my maintance phase doing JUDDD... the scale goes insane on me when I eat carbs. I wonder if it will always be like this or over time if it will settle down? I see these 5 pound gains overnight when I 'cheat' and then am an absolute mess until I get it under control with a correction day. Its my own fault obviously. I just wonder if it will always be like this whenever I eat something bread/carb related?
Old 05-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #1256
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs928 View Post
LoCarbGal...when you were doing low carb, before switching to JUDDD and allowing more freedom, did the scale go crazy on you when you did eat carbs? I lost my weight off of hcg so that was very very clean to say the least. While on it and even now, 3 weeks off of it and in my maintance phase doing JUDDD... the scale goes insane on me when I eat carbs. I wonder if it will always be like this or over time if it will settle down? I see these 5 pound gains overnight when I 'cheat' and then am an absolute mess until I get it under control with a correction day. Its my own fault obviously. I just wonder if it will always be like this whenever I eat something bread/carb related?
I've never done hcg, but it seems to not be very forgiving in the beginning when people try to start adding in other foods. Part of it is just the water weight from adding carbs back, but hcg seems very restrictive so I think the body is adjusting to more varied food choices. The wonderful thing about juddd is you can eat which ever foods you wish if your calories allow and beside the daily bounce the trend will usually be downward. I think others who have come from hcg had a transition phase, but were able to juddd with success.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 06-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #1257
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meggen
Stats: 323/306.9/149.9
Start Date: 5/29/13
New To Boards and JUDDD

Hi.

I'm new to both these boards and JUDDD. I just read about it and came across this board while looking for more information. This seems like a great group and looks like a wealth of information, so thought i'd try and join in.

To make things more interesting I work nights so my days start at 6pm when I wake up each evening.

I started Wednesday night with an UD

Today being Saturday night is my second DD. So far I am not having any trouble, and am not really hungry at all. This is my first DD at work and I was worried but surprisingly it has been super easy.

Just wanted to introduce myself, now I want to continue reading some of the great threads you all have.

Thanks,

Meggen
Old 06-02-2013, 05:23 AM   #1258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggen View Post
I started Wednesday night with an UD

Today being Saturday night is my second DD. So far I am not having any trouble, and am not really hungry at all. This is my first DD at work and I was worried but surprisingly it has been super easy.
meggen, one of our JUDDD

It looks like you've started out sensibly and well. As you've said, you'll find a lot of information in the sticky threads and elsewhere. Speak up and ask if there's anything that isn't clear to you.

I hope that you and JUDDD learn that you suit eachother.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #1259
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Welcome!
Old 06-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #1260
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindypaints
WOE: Hcg injections- P2 , long round
Start Date: June 2013
Hi ...and some advice would be great!

I am new here, been doing a LOT of reading here and elsewhere on the net and think I have confused myself very effectively!
I did hcg for several cycles but it just was not for me, I lost but regained, then lost then... Well you get the idea.
I decided to try atkins but then saw juddd and the result has been a week or eating lots of meats, eggs and cheese with planned down days that did not eventuate and I am terrified that the scales will show a gain when I brave them tomorrow.
So... I really think that a PLANNED combo of atkins and juddd will work for me but I am not sure what to eat exactly on my down days. Can someone offer some suggestions? Sorry if I sound like a confused mess...
Lindy
Closed Thread