Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #1111
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1stdayhope View Post
Well, Trying this again. Hope I can stick with my first day. I know if I can make it through the day Ill be good to go. Crossing my fingers.
! You can do it! I realized the other day that I have been doing JUDDD for 8 months, and I wouldn't have believed I could stick with it that long. But I absolutely love this WOE! I hope you do too!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #1112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: january 2014 again
Hi all...Question....

I have been working out at least 5 days a week since April 1st. . should I recalculate my ud and dd. I have been sticking with my no activity calorie amounts from the juddd calculator.

little or no work out
UD-1966
DD-393

working out 3-5 days a week.
UD-2539
DD-508

I am a little concerned because I haven't seen any drops since the beginning of the month, and wondered if it is because I am not consuming as many cals as I should.
According to the new calculation I should be consuming more than 500 cals on my ud.
I need advice from those who have had the same experience, because I am terrified of upping my cals this much and having the scale leaping up.

thanks!
Goal for End of March....Below 150.
Goal for end of April...Below 145
Goal for end of May ....Upper 130's
Goal for end of July...Below 125! ...
Karen
Old 04-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #1113
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, YMMV, but my experience with starting to exercise in early March was that I stalled. At about the same time, I re-calculated my calories after losing some and reduced both UD and DD calories to the calculated numbers. When I left my DD cals at the low end and upped my UD calories back to where I was before I re-calculated, I started losing well again.

I don't really subscribe to adding back your exercise calories, unless you're feeling badly at the lower levels. But, I do see in myself that a wider swing between DD and UD calories really works.

Just letting your body adjust to the newly added exercise can take a few weeks too. It's a pain, but just seems to go with the territory.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #1114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
Start Date: january 2014 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Well, YMMV, but my experience with starting to exercise in early March was that I stalled. At about the same time, I re-calculated my calories after losing some and reduced both UD and DD calories to the calculated numbers. When I left my DD cals at the low end and upped my UD calories back to where I was before I re-calculated, I started losing well again.

I don't really subscribe to adding back your exercise calories, unless you're feeling badly at the lower levels. But, I do see in myself that a wider swing between DD and UD calories really works.

Just letting your body adjust to the newly added exercise can take a few weeks too. It's a pain, but just seems to go with the territory.
thanks LCG.
I too am on low carb and believe because of that I have had no problems with fatigue while working out or during the day. I was thinking it is because I am in the mode of burning fat. I was thinking about giving myself more time to see if I lose, but am concerned that if I weight too long to change that I may get discourage because of not seeing any loss. I am thinking I will stay where I am because I know I will be obsessed that eating more will make me gain. crazy huh!
thanks again....
Old 04-13-2013, 04:15 AM   #1115
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi Karen, this is a tricky one.

I would say just keep on keeping on, but if you do feel discouraged I would favour adding a few calories to your UDs rather that the DDs, to increase that calorie gap.

I am glad you feel good and not tired, and I am a fan of LC but with JUDDD most people feel full of energy, it is one of the greatest benefits.

Keep asking the questions and let us know how you get on. That way we all learn.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:24 AM   #1116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hi Karen, this is a tricky one.

I would say just keep on keeping on, but if you do feel discouraged I would favour adding a few calories to your UDs rather that the DDs, to increase that calorie gap.

I am glad you feel good and not tired, and I am a fan of LC but with JUDDD most people feel full of energy, it is one of the greatest benefits.

Keep asking the questions and let us know how you get on. That way we all learn.

Well said, Cindy! It's when we all share our individual experiences that we learn so much from each other. Most likely if something is an issue for you, you're not alone; someone else likely has the same problem.

As a side note, I am another one who has much better control over eating when I limit carbohydrates. I also just simply feel better as well.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #1117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
Hi, I'm new to this message board and I've read about JUDDD and decided to give it a try to lose the last 15 pounds. I've been doing a Primal WOE for about a year and I've lost 60 lb's that way and before that I lost 80 with just eating better overall and doing a bunch of exercise. I usually have no issues Fasting for about 24 hours ending with a normal meal at night so the DD shouldn't be that hard and the 2 DD's I've had I ended up around eating 570 calories for dinner and in a protein shake before bed. Started on 4/10 with the DD and I'm down 4.8 pounds today which I don't think was much water weight since I've been around 50g - 70g carbs a day eating Primal. The DD's don't seem to impact my cardio or lifting so I don't think I will have to shift my workout schedule to coincide with my UD's which I was afraid I would have to do. Hopefully JUDDD will help me break through this plateau and drop the final 15 pounds.

Mike
Old 04-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #1118
Big Yapper!!!!

Mike! Nice to have another gentleman on the boards. It sounds like you're off to a fantastic start, and your losses are wonderful - congratulations!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #1119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Mike! Nice to have another gentleman on the boards. It sounds like you're off to a fantastic start, and your losses are wonderful - congratulations!
Thanks, just trying to find what works long term and this seems promising. Everyone on here seems to be doing a great job and seeing so many people being successful for long periods shows how sustainable this can be.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #1120
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruddell View Post
Hello! I'm new to this message board. I'm really interested in JUDDD. I've done every diet out there and am ready to lose the last 20 pounds for good. I just finished 3 weeks of HCG and lost 10 pounds, but got really burned out this time. I'm inspired by many of your successes. Any tips are appreciated! Thank you!!
! JUDDD isn't a fast loss like HCG, but it is enjoyable- that is for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1stdayhope View Post
Well, Trying this again. Hope I can stick with my first day. I know if I can make it through the day Ill be good to go. Crossing my fingers.
I hope you did well and are still enjoying juddd. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
Hi, I'm new to this message board and I've read about JUDDD and decided to give it a try to lose the last 15 pounds. I've been doing a Primal WOE for about a year and I've lost 60 lb's that way and before that I lost 80 with just eating better overall and doing a bunch of exercise. I usually have no issues Fasting for about 24 hours ending with a normal meal at night so the DD shouldn't be that hard and the 2 DD's I've had I ended up around eating 570 calories for dinner and in a protein shake before bed. Started on 4/10 with the DD and I'm down 4.8 pounds today which I don't think was much water weight since I've been around 50g - 70g carbs a day eating Primal. The DD's don't seem to impact my cardio or lifting so I don't think I will have to shift my workout schedule to coincide with my UD's which I was afraid I would have to do. Hopefully JUDDD will help me break through this plateau and drop the final 15 pounds.

Mike
!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #1121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shellyshebby
Stats: 260/202/180 5'9"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 10/18/13
Hi everyone! I am doing JUDDD, started on April 1st.
I first read all I could on your JUDDD site, even going way back like a year or more ago. Also bought Dr. Johnson's book and have read that.
My name is Michele, I'm 47 (still not used to that!), married and have 2 beautiful daughters. Laura is 21 and down syndrome, and Amber is 10.
We live in suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia.
I feel like I know some of you already from reading y'alls postings!
I have lost 15.6 pounds so far since April 1st.
I'm not doing LC or anything. I did LC two years ago, lost about 40 pounds. It greatly relieved my fibromyalgia, but I just couldn't stay with it. I love rice, potatoes, fruit, bread and all that.
I had given up on losing for a long time, but then I started reading the JUDDD threads and it renewed my hope.
So proud of how great so many of you have done, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #1122
Big Yapper!!!!

Michelle! You are doing FANTASTIC! Having a great start like that really keeps you motivated to stick to it, doesn't it? I'm glad you've been reading up. It'll really help you as you move forward. Glad to have you here!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #1123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: xine
Stats: 244/217/180 5'10"
WOE: Atkins Induction - yet again
Start Date: October 20, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm trying again as well. I was JUDDing last summer and loving it, but then hit some major stress (including my son being diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes) and did more than my share of emotional eating, gaining back the almost 40 pounds that I had lost. I can still remember after getting into onederland saying to myself "don't sabotage yourself this time", but life throws things our way that we cannot control, and I am not beating myself up about it.

As soon as I decided to come back to JUDD and spent the last week mentally preparing myself, I knew I'd be back at LCF because this board was such an inspriation to me last year.

Looking forward to traveling this road with you all, veterans and newbies alike! Good luck and I hope to be back soon to meet you.

Christine
Old 04-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #1124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
Start Date: Jan 2013
I love Judd this am I weighed in at 160lb I am so pumped. This is so easy to do without buying anything extra. I try to eat from noon to six or one to seven. That really helps me on a DD to not eat before noon. Yesterday was my DD I had a 5oz cold cooked potato at noon and last night I had 100 calories in popcorn a really good day. Today is my UD and I've had two bacon sandwiches so far yummy.....go JUDD!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #1125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 10/13
fellow new people!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #1126
Senior LCF Member

Welcome to all our newcomers! It's wonderful to see you posting and getting started here. Congratulations on your choice to improve your life and your health with us! It is an honor to have you aboard.

Kimmie
Old 04-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #1127
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshebby View Post
I first read all I could on your JUDDD site, even going way back like a year or more ago. Also bought Dr. Johnson's book and have read that.
My name is Michele, I'm 47 (still not used to that!), married and have 2 beautiful daughters. Laura is 21 and down syndrome, and Amber is 10.
I'm not doing LC or anything. I did LC two years ago, lost about 40 pounds. It greatly relieved my fibromyalgia, but I just couldn't stay with it. I love rice, potatoes, fruit, bread and all that.
I had given up on losing for a long time, but then I started reading the JUDDD threads and it renewed my hope.
So proud of how great so many of you have done, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Sounds like you are doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xine View Post
Hi everyone, I'm trying again as well. I was JUDDing last summer and loving it, but then hit some major stress (including my son being diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes) and did more than my share of emotional eating, gaining back the almost 40 pounds that I had lost. I can still remember after getting into onederland saying to myself "don't sabotage yourself this time", but life throws things our way that we cannot control, and I am not beating myself up about it.

As soon as I decided to come back to JUDD and spent the last week mentally preparing myself, I knew I'd be back at LCF because this board was such an inspriation to me last year.

Looking forward to traveling this road with you all, veterans and newbies alike! Good luck and I hope to be back soon to meet you.

Christine
! I know being here at LCFs has been instrumental in my weight loss!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #1128

:newbie :

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshebby View Post
Hi Michele, I have a daughter who is Down' too! She is almost your age, indeed will be, come October. She was married on her 40th birthday! Enjoy JUDDD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xine View Post

Christine
Christine I am so pleased you are JUDDDing again. Post often and it really helps.

DO come over to the April Newbie thread and get to know all the others there.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #1129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shellyshebby
Stats: 260/202/180 5'9"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 10/18/13
That's awesome about your daughter Cindy! My Laura is moderately profound, she is not able to drive or be left alone. But she is the sweetest girl you would ever wanna meet!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #1130

I know what you mean. So many blessings.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #1131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 233.5---->125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2014
Oh boy, after reading all of your wonderful stories about how life threw a curve and how you all have managed to pick yourself up, dust off and get back on track, I feel inspired to share my story:

My mother went into the hospital back in January for what turned out to be a minor appendectomy (I'd had my appendix out when I was 12 so I didn't bother to fly to VA to be with her because the doc said she'd be out in a couple days). Well, long story short, they nicked her colon during surgery and she ended up with a perforated colon, then went into septic shock and died of multiple organ failure. At least I did fly up there to be with her when she wasn't bouncing back as fast as I thought she should and I had a gut feeling that something was wrong. Again, long story short, she died in the ICU while I was holding her hand and begging her to keep fighting to live....

Well just when I thought I was going to die from the grief of it all, my dad (who had been the one in bad health for the last 10 years because of emphysema due to smoking), was then diagnosed with melanoma and given less than 6 months to live...(he'd been going to the doctor and getting treatment (chemo) but he and my mother had decided to keep it from me because they knew it would upset me...well my dad called me after I'd come back home to FL from VA after my mom's funeral and told me OVER THE PHONE that he had less than 6 months to live and then the ICING ON THE CAKE:

I had been adopted as a baby when my mother had had a relationship at 19 years old with an older married man and had gotten pregnant with me...my dad told me that my mom intended to take the secret to the grave but the day she died she told my dad (while I had gone to the hospital dining room to grab something to eat after not eating for days), to tell me the truth if she died (which she did) and he (my dad) felt he had to tell me the truth because my mother made him promise on her deathbed....

Sooooo.....I was devastated and am still very, very tender over this whole thing and have managed to emotionally eat myself into gaining over 30 pounds since January!

However, I think the Lord has answered my prayers and sent me here to y'all for both healing and dieting help and if I'm right about who you seem to be from your posts and the way you treat each other, I'm in the right place, with the right peeps, at the right time...

So thanks to all of you for being caring, encouraging and kind and allowing me to finally be able to talk about what's just happened to me and helping me put the pieces of what feels like my broken life back together

FP
Old 04-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #1132
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh FP! You've been through so much. I'm glad you could be with your mom at the end, but so so sorry that a simple surgery had to go so wrong. Has your dad passed too, or is he still battling the melanoma?

I can tell from your post that you are a strong person. Gaining the weight is so understandable. Sometimes it's all we can do just to survive, and eating is a small comfort so we take it where we can get it. But now you're ready to make yourself a priority, and finding JUDDD is that first step. I'm so glad you found us here, and I know you'll be able to do it!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #1133

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Patty!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #1134
Senior LCF Member

Oh my dear Patty, I am so very sorry for all of this trauma that you have had recently. Sometimes things just come in waves and it is all we can do to hold on. I have also struggled with weight gain after major life events occurred.

It's hard to lose our moms. Mine went in for a routine allergy shot and died from anaphylaxis 29 years ago. Even though I have now spent half of my life without her here, I still miss her so very much. Be kind and gentle with yourself, especially now while you have so much to process. I am so sorry for all of your events and no room to breathe in between.

This is a wonderful, supportive group. We will be here for you.

Kimmie

Old 04-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #1135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyPatty
Stats: 233.5---->125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: July 1, 2014
LCG Yes my dad's still hanging on...he's heartbroken and I honestly don't think
he'll last much longer but he's still trying (I call him every day but can't go spend time with him because I work and have already missed 3 weeks this year because of my mom's situation)

Dawn & Kimmie Y'all have no idea how much your posts mean to me and your offers of support are so generous and comforting I'm already feeling better about things

Sorry my post was soooo long but once I started letting it out, it just flowed like a river...was actually kinda cathartic if that's the right word for it

Oh and I've decided I'm going to start JUDDDD this Friday the 19th which would have been my mother's 72nd birthday had she lived...

And all you roomies who still have your mothers...please try not to take your mom for granted...no one on this planet will EVER love you more than your mother and she is quite simply irreplaceable...never, ever forget that!

FP
Old 04-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #1136

Patty, I am not often reduced to tears, but your post really did for me. What a lot to get your head and your heart around. You are coping with so much just now, may I just say what a wonderful mother and father you had, and he really has been your father.

I lost my Mother when I was only 18. But we were so close, I was blessed. My daughters are now 44 and 46 and I can't imagine life without them.

I really look forward to getting to know you better and I am confident that JUDDDing will help you lose the weight you are struggling with. It may not be the fastest plan ever but, oh boy, it has to be one of the most enjoyable.

Post often, join our April Newbies thread and get to know all the wonderful supportive people here.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 04-17-2013 at 02:58 PM..
Old 04-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #1137
Big Yapper!!!!

Patty and tons of ...
You have found a wonderfully supportive group here. I hope this will help you on your path to healing.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #1138
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cazjames2000
Juddd? ??????? What is this please. Been dukan dieting till now
Old 04-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #1139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Is that one of the primitive methods?

JUDDD stands for Johnson's Up DAy/Down Day diet, and involves fasting every other day...not actually fasting, but VERY low calorie, 500 to start, then your individual calculated amount, and a normal calorie level the "other" day.

This method "turns on" beneficial microhormones that rebuild and repair your cells, and help reboot your own metabolism...in a nutshell. There is SO much info available in this forum, please read on!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #1140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
ANd WELCOME...cazjames!
Closed Thread