Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #1021
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ringamajig
Stats: 187.0/175.5/150.0 Start JUDDD 3-23-13
WOE: JUDDD?
Start Date: 3-23-13
Hello everyone.

I am really thinking about starting JUDDD. I have been doing low carb since Jan 1st, 2013 and not happy with the amount of weight that I am losing. Not to mention that I am really getting tired of meat and eggs and missing bread and sweets. I did LC back in May 2010 and lost 50 pounds in 5 months. I was able to maintain for about a year to year and half, then things in my life changed, went back to work full time, 2 hour a day commute, life just kind of got in the way.

I am 50 year old female, 5'4", sit at desk all day long and weigh 189. I would love t lose 40 pounds again and maintain it.

These are some of my questions:

Are you strict with your numbers?

Do you eat late in the day on a DD or even fast on DD?

What are some of your foods like on a DD or UD?

Do you stay low carb with JUDDD?

If I want to fast or eat late in the day and need to take meds with food, how do I get around this? I know that once I eat the first time in a day, it just starts the hungry monster in me.

Thanks for your input/thoughts.
Rox

Last edited by Ringamajig; 03-20-2013 at 06:01 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #1022
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/235/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 8/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringamajig View Post
Hello everyone.

I am really thinking about starting JUDDD. I have been doing low carb since Jan 1st, 2013 and not happy with the amount of weight that I am losing. Not to mention that I am really getting tired of meat and eggs and missing bread and sweets. I did LC back in May 2010 and lost 50 pounds in 5 months. I was able to maintain for about a year to year and half, then things in my life changed, went back to work full time, 2 hour a day commute, life just kind of got in the way.

I am 50 year old female, 5'4", sit at desk all day long and weigh 189. I would love t lose 40 pounds again and maintain it.

If I want to fast or eat late in the day and need to take meds with food, how do I get around this? I know that once I eat the first time in a day, it just starts the hungry monster in me.

Rox
so glad to see my sis here...you know my thoughts, so I will let some veterans give you some answers...you will this place, everyone is soooo helpful and inspiring and full of wisdom....you can do this
Old 03-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #1023
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Hello everyone.

It depends. Some people need to count meticulously, and others say they never count UDs. Almost everyone needs to count DDs.

Yes and yes. I actually have never fasted completely on a DD, but many do. Lots of us eat late on DDs, as late as bedtime, and some say it helps them to sleep better.

I have a variety of things that I like to eat, but lots of people stick to the same menu DD after DD, because it works and it's easy. There's a sticky thread on this (JUDDD) forum all about DD food and recipes that can give you lots of ideas.

No, I do not. There are some folks who do and it just depends on how you like to eat. JUDDD does not care if your calories come from carbs or non-carby foods. All JUDDD requires is that you stick to your calorie restrictions. You will have to experiment on what works best for you, and what makes you feel hungrier (overeating), or stalls your weight loss, etc.

I find that if I eat early in the day it does the same to me too! I try to fast until lunch at least, and I usually save most of my meds for UDs, although I do not have a health issue that requires daily meds.

I hope this helps a little!! Read around the boards and you will find lots of answers to your questions, and some you may not have even thought of yet! Rox!!!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 03-20-2013 at 06:54 PM..
Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #1024
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
so glad to see my sis here...you know my thoughts, so I will let some veterans give you some answers...you will this place, everyone is soooo helpful and inspiring and full of wisdom....you can do this
Thanks Sis!

I know you are always in my corner cheering me on, no matter what.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #1025
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Cindy.

I appreciate the info.

I take prescription potassium twice a day. It is timed release tablet that needs to be taken with food. I might see if I can take it once a day on a down day and see if my levels go to low. I am tested every three months.

So, one more question and I promise that will be it for today.

Since I have been LC/High fat for almost 3 months, would I start out with a DD or an UP?

Thanks again.
Rox
Old 03-21-2013, 04:39 AM   #1026
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Hello everyone.

Rox
I eat just once on DD- a bedtime snack since my arthritis meds need to be taken with food. I also sllep better when I eat a little something. I've fast a few times. It was no big difference when I ate my 150 calorie betime snack. Like you- I don't get hungry till I start eating.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:03 AM   #1027
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
OK I have two questions. Is the only reason you don't do lots of carbs with JUDD that it will make you gain or if you stay in your calorie range you don't gain but it will trigger cravings?
Also do you find if you eat on DD and UD you stay in a smaller window of eating it also helps to lose. I notice alot of people only eat in the evening or from say noon to six. I know there is a diet out there that does this. So is this also an advantage to losing?
OK this is my second UD.
Thanks for any advice. Susan
Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #1028
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skelly50
Stats: 160/135.5/123
WOE: JUDDDD 3/21/13 started at 140
Hi, everyone!

I am going to try this WOE out. I am always struggling with 10-12 extra pounds (lost 40 years ago but can't seem to keep these stragglers off).

I love to go out to eat and trying new foods (and wine!), so being on a diet all the time is such a drag. I am hoping that this is the answer for me.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #1029
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Ring and Skelly.

Ring, you have a great sister who is really doing great on JUDDD. I am sure you will too.

I see most of your questions have been answered brilliantly already. In response to the UD or DD first question, we usually recommend starting on an UD, that way your body is well nourished and you remind yourself of all the lovely foods you can look forward to enjoying on your next UD. This can help mentally on your first DD.

I really don't think there is any advantage to eating low carb for weight loss on JUDDD. If you choose to eat low carb because it suits you, you enjoy it and especially if it helps you not to binge, than that is a separate issue.

Again, the question on Intermittent Fasting is much the same. I don't believe that you will lose weight more quickly by restricting yourself to an eating window. But some people enjoy eating that way.

Just as many experienced JUDDD BUDDDs eat 3 meals a day on both UDs and DDs, as those who only eat late in the day, or even like Carly, at bedtime.

These are good questions though and I love to see people asking them.

JUDDD only asks that you count your calories, preferably on both days, stick to your numbers and do UD/DD rotations. The foods you eat are entirely up to you. There may be nutritional benefits to choosing a salad over a donut, but that's as far as it goes.

Couldn't be simpler really.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html

Last edited by Kissa; 03-21-2013 at 07:28 AM..
Old 03-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #1030

Skelly, you and I are from the same mold. I eat out a lot and wine even makes an appearance on some of my DDs...
Old 03-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #1031
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Ring and Skelly.

Ring, you have a great sister who is really doing great on JUDDD. I am sure you will too.

I see most of your questions have been answered brilliantly already. In response to the UD or DD first question, we usually recommend starting on an UD, that way your body is well nourished and you remind yourself of all the lovely foods you can look forward to enjoying on your next UD. This can help mentally on your first DD.

I really don't think there is any advantage to eating low carb for weight loss on JUDDD. If you choose to eat low carb because it suits you, you enjoy it and especially if it helps you not to binge, than that is a separate issue.

Again, the question on Intermittent Fasting is much the same. I don't believe that you will lose weight more quickly by restricting yourself to an eating window. But some people enjoy eating that way.

Just as many experienced JUDDD BUDDDs eat 3 meals a day on both UDs and DDs, as those who only eat late in the day, or even like Carly, at bedtime.

These are good questions though and I love to see people asking them.

JUDDD only asks that you count your calories, preferably on both days, stick to your numbers and do UD/DD rotations. The foods you eat are entirely up to you. There may be nutritional benefits to choosing a salad over a donut, but that's as far as it goes.

Couldn't be simpler really.

Thanks for the information.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #1032
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilowl31
Stats: 172/158/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Hello everyone! It took a month but I'm finally delurking! *waves*

I'm hopping on the JUDDD train to finally lose these last 15 pounds before my wedding in October. This seems like such a supportive place-looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #1033
Senior LCF Member

On UD I so feel like I am cheating and scared it will catch up with me...I love this WOE it is so easy to make it my WOL...
Old 03-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #1034
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: deva1
So are most of you who follow this WOE not low carbing and getting results?
Old 03-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #1035
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deva1 View Post
So are most of you who follow this WOE not low carbing and getting results?
I just started on Monday. I'm not watching carbs but I'm not going crazy with them either for fear I will start getting cravings.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #1036

Hi Deva, I would say it is about 50/50. It is entirely a matter of choice. JUDDD is not a low carb plan, but can be done that way.

Hi lilowl, I hope this gets you to where you want to be for your wedding. Congratulations.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #1037
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for answering all my questions.

Kissa, you are correct, I do have a wonderful Sis that is doing great with JUDDD, I couldn't be more proud of her.

I had another question that has already been answered. It was to start on a DD or a UD?

I think that I have decided to start on 3-29 with an UD, my first DD on 3-30, and then UD on Easter Sunday. I will have a house full and it will be nice to have a roll and a little mashed potatoes with my ham and asparagus.

I will be shopping and planning over the next week to get ready to join you all very soon.
Rox
Old 03-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #1038
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
lilowl31, Rox, skelly. Think you'll love it here! I eat usually one time. If I start eating it seems like I want to eat all day. I also seem to have better results when I'm diligent with drinking my water. Hope this helps!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #1039
Big Yapper!!!!

to all the new JUDDD buds! You have just found the best woe ever!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #1040
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mikni494
Stats: 299/273/175
Start Date: January 2013
What is JUDD? I have been low carbing since January.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #1041
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Oh my goodness, I can't keep up with all the new ones! Everyone!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #1042
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikni494 View Post
What is JUDD? I have been low carbing since January.
Mikni, there's a 'What is Juddd' sticky on the main JUDDD forum, check that out, it should explain everything. There are only 2 rules on judd-stay within your calories on your up days and down days, and rotate up and down days every other day. You can Google 'juddd calculator' to get your up day and down day calories. Welcome
Old 03-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #1043
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Deva1- I am doing low-carb JUDDD, because I feel better that way. But it is nice to to think that after I have been JUDDDing for a while, a 'cheat' might not send me into a downward spiral, but be easily recovered from on my next DD.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #1044

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Hi Yokochick! to our party!

Rox! It's so great to see family members join, and having such a great role model of a sister is just great.

Skelly! You'll really find the flexibility you need with this WOE.

Lilowl! Another wedding coming up - congratulations! I'm sure you'll be able to get those last pounds off and look beautiful.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #1045
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome.

I am thinking about starting with an UD tomorrow instead of next Friday. I am just a little worried about Sunday being my first DD though. This is my only day with my hubs as he works 6 days a week. Wonder if I do kind of a moderate day on Sunday?? Maybe a 800-1200 day? I really want an UD on Easter too as I am entertaining my Mom, Dad, Brother, my 3 boys, Hubs, MIL and me! My numbers are 1853 and 371. Thoughts please.

I know that I want to do a balance of foods, I am tired of LC and really looking forward to a little carbs here and there without gaining like crazy. I know that I will gain some water weight switching to JUDDD as I pretty much stay at induction levels, 20ish, doing LC.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #1046
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I am thinking about starting with an UD tomorrow instead of next Friday. I am just a little worried about Sunday being my first DD though. This is my only day with my hubs as he works 6 days a week. Wonder if I do kind of a moderate day on Sunday?? Maybe a 800-1200 day? I really want an UD on Easter too as I am entertaining my Mom, Dad, Brother, my 3 boys, Hubs, MIL and me! My numbers are 1853 and 371. Thoughts please.

I know that I want to do a balance of foods, I am tired of LC and really looking forward to a little carbs here and there without gaining like crazy. I know that I will gain some water weight switching to JUDDD as I pretty much stay at induction levels, 20ish, doing LC.
Just pick a day and start. Before you know it the rotations will just be a part of life and gatherings are so much more that the food being served.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #1047
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/235/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 8/2014
Quote:

hey sis.......the veterans will be of more help, but i was thinking i read somewhere when you are in your 2 weeks of induction that you need to try to do your DD/UD rotation and not play with those moderate day numbers..at least for it to truly work...at least thats what i understood....i know its hard as ray and i have date night every saturday night, and every other saturday is a dd.....i just have to make it work....i know its totally up to you, but if i wanted to see the best results, i would do my numbers exactly before trying to work with them differently....maybe you could start on Tues with a DD??...then you would have the next few days to get all the junk/foods you want eaten and be ready to dive in head first and exactly on your numbers as written by the doc...just a thought...,,,no matter what you do, i know you will do it
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh
Old 03-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #1048
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Just pick a day and start. Before you know it the rotations will just be a part of life and gatherings are so much more that the food being served.
Thanks Carly.

Tomorrow it is then!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #1049
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
One thing that has made it easier for me is that I have found a delicious meal (Salmon, steamed broccoli and salad) at my favorite restaurant for under 500 cals. We live in a small town and it really is the only decent restaurant in town (serves alcohol ). I generally save my calories for dinner and it makes it easy if friends want to eat out on a DD. And I don't feel deprived at all because I know that tomorrow is an UD!

With that being said, I seem to have settled into a 4:3 routine because another restaurant has a Prime Rib special on Wednesday nights that cannot be missed and that leaves Sat as a DD. I have resigned myself that Sat nights are always going to turn into UD's, so I fast until dinner. I am losing (maybe a little bit slower than I could) however, I am cognizant of what I put into my mouth and it is a conscious choice.

The veterans talk about how forgiving this WOE is and I am finding that this is so true. I guess the main thing is getting into a groove that is livable for you long-term. I work a lot and eat out a lot and this has always been my downfall. The JUDDD magic just works if you work it!

Congrats! You will do great!
John 3:16
I am a WHOSOEVER!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #1050
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
hey sis.......the veterans will be of more help, but i was thinking i read somewhere when you are in your 2 weeks of induction that you need to try to do your DD/UD rotation and not play with those moderate day numbers..at least for it to truly work...at least thats what i understood....i know its hard as ray and i have date night every saturday night, and every other saturday is a dd.....i just have to make it work....i know its totally up to you, but if i wanted to see the best results, i would do my numbers exactly before trying to work with them differently....maybe you could start on Tues with a DD??...then you would have the next few days to get all the junk/foods you want eaten and be ready to dive in head first and exactly on your numbers as written by the doc...just a thought...,,,no matter what you do, i know you will do it
I am starting tomorrow with up day, Sunday will do my best to stay around 500. You are right, every other Sunday will be DD. Have to figure it out, no time like the present, right? I am afraid to stay off til Tuesday as I can undo to much that I have worked on with LC. You know 1 day and I am up 1.5 to 2 pounds, 3 days would be scary.

Just got back from the store with my new foods in tow.
I got some of that So Delicious Coconut Creamer for my coffee, some oatmeal, 45 calorie bread, 30 calorie turkey, lettuce, onion, bell pepper, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, 100 calorie popcorn, ICE sparking SF drinks, (LUV THESE), baked chips, laughing cow wedges, reduced fat wheat thins, Healthy Choice Fudge Bars, and several other things. I will make a sandwich on DD for work for like 150 calories. I need to get to Costco and get a few more things too.

I think I am ready to get started!
Closed Thread